Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? (27031 Views)

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by Amicable24: 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Mr Springer, i dont know where you are from o, maybe animal kingdom?
The man is in his house, he dropped money for food, the wife cooked the food, the wife served the food, the man ate, and the wife cleared the plates. Please where does the mother in law fits to deserve a thank you?

If there is a thank you to be given, its the wife who cooked and served.
Give respect to whom it's due.. If she was your mom, wouldn't u have thanked her? Fine she didn't foot the bills, but you just have to swallow your pride and say 'thank u ma'.. for respects sake (make e no be like say u no like her presence for your house ni)
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by zinny377(f): 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Josephamstrong1:
This is wat happens when you ain't exposed.
Sm ppl tnk it's all abt getting married means u mature.
Maturity is...you say "Thank you" to ur wife, kids and any elder around even after meals.
I say tnkz to kids weneva they serve me food.
U owe it to evry waiter or waitress dat serve you meal.
U owe it to that conductor or taxi driver. That bike man. After u alight, a Tnk u is wat u owe them. Not about who brot the money. We call it living ethics. Doesn't reduce or make u.
Seconded.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by Bigsteveg(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Amicable24:

Give respect to whom it's due.. If she was your mom, wouldn't u have thanked her? Fine she didn't foot the bills, but you just have to swallow your pride and say 'thank u ma'.. for respects sake (make e no be like say u no like her presence for your house ni)

Helllooo, it's not about giving honor or not. I don't go about thanking my parents after eating. The fact that this is your problem in your house does everybody does it.
Do yourself a favor next time, don't quote me and talk trash to me. You don't know me and u cant
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by Amicable24: 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Helllooo, it's not about giving honor or not. I don't go about thanking my parents after eating. The fact that this is your problem in your house does everybody does it.
Do yourself a favor next time, don't quote me and talk trash to me. You don't know me and u cant
I'm indeed sorry if you found my previous post offensive to you. I don't know you though, but I wasn't saying trash either. Since you mentioned that you don't thank your parents after eating, I understand you better now. I didn't mean to be offensive
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by Ishilove: 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
naptu2:
Once upon a time, there was a concrete slab in front of a barracks and for 80 years there were always four soldiers guarding it.

Then one day, a new commander was appointed to superintend over the barracks. He noticed that there were always four soldiers guarding this concrete slab and he asked them why they were guarding it. None of them knew why. In fact, none of the soldiers in the barracks knew why the stone was always guarded. It had just been so for 80 years.

Bent on finding why this was the case, the new commander went into the archives and he eventually found out the reason.

A previous commander had wanted to build a new platform on which events could be held. The concrete slab was supposed to be part of the platform. However, wild animals often walked on the slab before the concrete could get dry, thereby messing up their work. Therefore, the commander ordered that four soldiers should guard the slab every night for three weeks until the job was completed.

However, the commander was transfered after the first week and every other commander that has been appointed has continued the tradition for 80 years without knowing why.
I love this grin
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by okdaddy393: 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lionhearted:
This can only happen in intertribal marriage.
sometimes, not only inter-tribal marriage
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by okdaddy393: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2017
àri fin............why not?, Why won't you thank your mother-inlaw after eating?. it is very outrageous
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by abeniagbon(m): 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
alfredo4u:
House, just needed candid advise, my mother Inlaw is in my place for omugo/visit.

Just this evening my wife served me my dinner and after finish eating I left the parlour to the bed room, my wife came in and said why didn't I even say thank ma to her mother.

Pls kindly advise becos I nearly took offence about it.

this guy you have an hidden problem, I cant understand everything your family has become topic on social network.... am making a news out of you now.. idiosyncratic man like you..
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by alfredo4u(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
abeniagbon:

this guy you have an hidden problem, I cant understand everything your family has become topic on social network.... am making a news out of you now.. idiosyncratic man like you..

Don't kill yourself about me...my family and I is about going to mr Biggs to enjoy ourselves.

All I do here is lesson for me and young peeps who wish to be married soon not for people like you that do worse than me.

I'm here to pick reasonable advice's good people give and not pretenders like you
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by abeniagbon(m): 6:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
alfredo4u:

Don't kill yourself about me...my family and I is about going to mr Biggs to enjoy ourselves.

All I do here is lesson for me and young peeps who wish to be married soon not for people like you that do worse than me.

I'm here to pick reasonable advice's good people give and not pretenders like you

Mr Biggs of all places... Just stop ranting your fucking home issue on here.. I dont fvck know the lesson for whose people... we dont fvck need, your home , you fvck problem... don't bring it out... cost we dont need it
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by johnime: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
BellaElla:

Yes it's proper.
When we were growing up, we were taught that you should thank the elderly ones in the room after eating. I still do that to anyone that is older than me when I eat. I am igbo by the way.
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by ItzWilly(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
LesbianBoy:
Lalasticlala come and see o!

Nothing wey person nor go hear for this forum! grin grin grin grin

Thank ma for what exactly? If it is in their house....ehen! Imagine some little kids on this thread saying it is "normal" to greet elderly ones you see after you finish eating! Imagine! If its like that let's say OP finish eating and he wants to quickly get airtime or something down the road. Naim be say, he will have to greet every elderly man or woman he sees on the road "thank sir" and "thank ma" cheesy cheesy

OP you know what, don't eat where your mother-in-law is again. Tell your wife to serve your food in your room, that is where you want to eat!

Don't start what you cannot finish! Before you know it now, her brother who is older than you with one or two years will come visiting and after you finish eating your wife will tell you why didn't you tell him "thank sir" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

next time...don't borrow your sense ehn...e go beta
Re: Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? by Luak(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Thank your mother in law if she helped with the cooking

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.