Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? (4086 Views)

Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / Nigerian Man Tells His Friends How He Sexually Abused A 12-year-old Girl (video) / I Dont Have Friends, How Will I Go About It?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
Am just curious.. And I need opinions from well meaning nairalanders..

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by SlayHER(m): 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
I'll be back to edit
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
Be yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Dannidom(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Just stay real and focused on your set goals
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by hungryboy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
The odds of you having genuine friends is
0.001%

Majority of humans on the this earth will always put their self and their interests first,
Some people are just friends with you because you help 'em in advancing their dreams or life goals

The best friend you can have or keep is the guy on the Mirror

And that's
You

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by FvckShiT(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
you fůcking can't
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
u dont need frends

2 Likes

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by TrapHedges(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
Tbh bro.. Genuine friends are rare.. Just chill out.. Theyll come yo way

2 Likes

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Send " genuine friendship" to 133

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Divay22(f): 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ask yourself if you also you are genuine friend?

You can't get when don't give,though we humans we do things for our selfish interest but among thousands or hundreds I can bet they are still genuine friends one can have....
Just try being one yourself and you'll see them also

2 Likes

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Divay22:
Ask yourself if you also you are genuine friend?

You can't get when don't give,though we humans we do things for our selfish interest but among thousands or hundreds I can bet they are still genuine friends one can have....
Just try being one yourself and you'll see them also
I know I can be a dork sometimes buh am a genuine someborry.. Sometime in d past I created a thread where I needed a friend.. And someone showed up.. To d best of my knowledge I know in my capacity dat I tried being what I requested for but sadly enough d friendship ain't working.. I just dont understand..
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by naughtyDiana: 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
by licking my anu,s. I've always known u to be stu.picd tho.
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
u dont need frends
lol we all do
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by ouzo1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
u abi?

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by subtlemee(f): 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Feign poverty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Divay22(f): 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cutehector:
I know I can be a dork sometimes buh am a genuine someborry.. Sometime in d past I created a thread where I needed a friend.. And someone showed up.. To d best of my knowledge I know in my capacity dat I tried being what I requested for but sadly enough d friendship ain't working.. I just dont understand..
Hmmm
It means the both of you ain't really bringing to the table,one of you is just not open as it's supposed to be,he is just getting and not reciprocating.........

Sometimes i wish we can have something like a scan eyes to scan some friends and pick the genuine ones among all....

YOU CAN TEST YOUR FRIENDS cool

1 Like

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
This dunce

1 Like

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
Divay22:
Hmmm
It means the both of you ain't really bringing to the table,one of you is just not open as it's supposed to be,he is just getting and not reciprocating.........

Sometimes i wish we can have something like a scan eyes to scan some friends and pick the genuine ones among all....

YOU CAN TEST YOUR FRIENDS cool
I guess you just right..
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
subtlemee:
Feign poverty
loool....
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Divay22(f): 10:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cutehector:
I guess you just right..
Just help your friends,anyone that comes just give,take them out at least for a month after that it's your turn,Tell them you're hungry,broke just ask them again and see who will come to help,but I know one must and if he does Take him to heart, you can still try with other things o....GOOD LUCK

I'll probably try this with my friends LOL they are trying to outsmart their leader......
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 10:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Divay22:

Just help your friends,anyone that comes just give,take them out at least for a month after that it's your turn,Tell them you're hungry,broke just ask them again and see who will come to help,but I know one must and if he does Take him to heart, you can still try with other things o....GOOD LUCK

I'll probably try this with my friends LOL they are trying to outsmart their leader......
thanks for this .. I'll try it out
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cutehector:
Am just curious.. And I need opinions from well meaning nairalanders..

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
u expect dis rubbish to reach permanent site.
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by mazizitonene(m): 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
depends on what you define as "genuine friends" .........Most people are simply after "interests" .....friends for what they stand to gain....going by that....genuine friends are as rare as.......
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by McBrooklyn(m): 11:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
They have to pass through some tests. I don't have much friends in the real world. sad I can remember when someone asked me "Please, am I really your friend?" It was dark, so I smiled and said Yes.
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
mazizitonene:
depends on what you define as "genuine friends" .........Most people are simply after "interests" .....friends for what they stand to gain....going by that....genuine friends are as rare as.......
by genuine I mean someone who is willing to sacrifice their time
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
iyke926:
They have to pass through some tests. I don't have much friends in the real world. sad I can remember when someone asked me "Please, am I really your friend?" It was dark, so I smiled and said Yes.
what are these tests of urs
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
Cutehector:
what are these tests of urs

1. Trust/ Loyalty Test: You can just come up with some fake stories about some shiitty secret thing you did which you haven't told anyone. Then weeks later, hurt or piss him/her off but not in public. If you have the balls, public is sweet. grin.

2. Feigning to be broke.

3. Your real friend should be able to bring out the best in you. When I dey school, I was discussing with a guy. I said something and stopped.. He continued and finished up. Told him "Guy, you sabi book oo". That's how we became friends. He is a genius, bro. I respect him.. so I read more.

4. Sometimes stay away temporarily to see if he/she cares to know how you doing but this is risky because we live in a world where humans now ignore others to gain attention. If the person passes this, you have a real friend grin

4 Likes

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by janefrancisca(f): 12:17am On Mar 25, 2017
Finding a genuine friend is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It will be very difficult finding one cos everyone is just looking out for him/ herself. Over time, av learnt to become my own friend but wen things get so deep for me...I go to my mum...wen its deeper, I turn to my only one friend who won't criticize me or laugh behind my back...Jesus Christ and evry evry is settled.

2 Likes

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by Cutehector(m): 12:22am On Mar 25, 2017
janefrancisca:
Finding a genuine friend is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It will be very difficult finding one cos everyone is just looking out for him/ herself. Over time, av learnt to become my own friend but wen things get so deep for me...I go to my mum...wen its deeper, I turn to my only one friend who won't criticize me or laugh behind my back...Jesus Christ and evry evry is settled.
but I can't continue to be a one man island na
Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by BWare: 12:27am On Mar 25, 2017
Humans and their selfish interests… so you think you're the only one selfish enough to seek genuine friends.
Test will serve you no purpose, why not just be yourself and live your life, genuine friends as well as false friends will come… but will you be wise to differentiate which is which.

3 Likes

Re: If I Want To Make Genuine Friends, How Do I Go About It? by janefrancisca(f): 12:30am On Mar 25, 2017
Cutehector:
but I can't continue to be a one man island na
You can't find one overnight now. Before someone is adjudged to be a genuine friend, he or she must prove his genuineness. It will take time but i pray u find one ...as for me one man island sure pass 4 now. Friends av do me sumtin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Man’s Reaction During Gender Reveal That His Baby Is A Girl / She Said She Wants Space For 1 Week / Funny? Donjazzy Finally Gives Up On Rihanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.