Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? (37809 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by FYsol: 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
There is a huge difference between passing an information and running an ad. This is an information not ad
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by Lionofdjungle: 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
Chai ! Religion has been commercialized embarassed

1 Like

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by omojeesu(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
do you know i can be pious without being religious? I was born a human not a sheep, why will i be sheeple to yahoo minisry now in my matured age? I'm not an atheist as it may seem but a deist because i believe in God, only that i disbelieve in religion because God can't be a God of confusion. We have thousands of religion all claiming to be true, all have false evidences for their claim, which one are you encouraging me to join? Can God be so confused? If so, then devil is better than Him.

To be 'sheep' is not literal.
Yes, you can be pious and not religious.
Jesus did not bring religion. On the contrary He fought it, rejected and condemned it.

We have created religion out of the Christianity that Jesus envisioned. But you can be one of the 'few' He talked about. You don't need to be more than 2 or 3 to be 'church' which has practically no need of a dedicated building, organisation with departments and units, tithe paying and routine offerings, etc.

Religion has taken over the church and new generation of High Priests, Priests, Pharisees and Saducces have arisen fleecing the sheep and immunising people like you against Jesus.

New Testament Christianity IS NOT a religion! Come to a personal saving knowledge of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by pxalmydee(m): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
Oches4me:
Christianity is a business organization, I advice my brothers to comes to religion of Islam, the religion peace.
TERRORISTS!!! Run for your life
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by harmless(m): 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
But u can fall prey to MMM...smh
Spicycat:
grin I first notice this on Diamond Mobile App, grin grin

Never really mind it cause i no for sure i will never fall prey to this modern day Madness.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by Spicycat(f): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
harmless:
But u can fall prey to MMM...smh

MMM still pays bro. Haven't you noticed nobody talks about it on nairaland anymore kiss
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by BobHIGHNESS(m): 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
omojeesu:

To be 'sheep' is not literal.
Yes, you can be pious and not religious.
Jesus did not bring religion. On the contrary He fought it, rejected and condemned it.

We have created religion out of the Christianity that Jesus envisioned. But you can be one of the 'few' He talked about. You don't need to be more than 2 or 3 to be 'church' which has practically no need of a dedicated building, organisation with departments and units, tithe paying and routine offerings, etc.

Religion has taken over the church and new generation of High Priests, Priests, Pharisees and Saducces have arisen fleecing the sheep and immunising people like you against Jesus.

New Testament Christianity IS NOT a religion! Come to a personal saving knowledge of Jesus.
are you telling me christianity is not a religion? The same thing muslim will say. Pls define religion and tell me new thing
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by omojeesu(m): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
are you telling me christianity is not a religion? The same thing muslim will say. Pls define religion and tell me new thing

Let me tell you first about Christianity wrongly assumed to be religion.

The word 'religion' appears only 5 times in the Bible all in the New Testament. 3 times it referred to the Jewish religion based on the Old Testament but modified for personal gain by the religious, political and business leaders of the time who often were one and the same. They added to and subtracted from the word of God in the Old Testament and placed a heavy religious burden on the people while they excused themselves. It was this matter that angered Jesus against them and it was His condemnation of their hypocrisy and corruption that made them got Him killed.

The remaining 2 occasions in James' letter written to Jewish Christians James used their knowledge of the religion they knew to let them know that true religion, if christianity was to be considered a religion, has to be one that cares for the poor and needy and one under much self control. None of these can be achieved and acceptable to God without having genuine love powered by the Holy Spirit.

To understand Christianity you must understand what happened in the garden of Eden. There was no religion in the garden. Instead God and man had intimate fellowship in the 'cool of the day'. Sin entered and the relationship was 'lost' and so was man. JESUS CAME TO RESTORE THE RELATIONSHIP. Yes, family relationship based on love.

Religion was the counterfeit in various regalia to deceive humanity and keep us from entering that relationship called salvation.

SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF RELIGION:
1) Use of special gowns and regalia.
2) Use of images.
3) Worship of angels.
4) Food taboos.
5) No love for non members and real and perceived enemies.
6) Salvation is based on moral deeds.
7) Defective Christology.
cool Use of candles and incense.
9) Repetitive prayers.
10) Formulas and rituals,
11) Venerated people, gods and goddesses, seasons and days, etc

Jesus is Lord. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The door, light and bread of live. The Savior. He awaits you!

1 Like

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by tee4naija(m): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
Like the woman who attempted to jump into the lagoon. Approached her Church (RCCG) several times but was prevented from seeing the provincial pastor each time she tried to.After several years of paying tithes, offerings, first fruits etc.

uote author=emmasege post=54930506]Am waiting for a time when RCCG and Nigerian churches will start redistributing wealth among their members such thst the poor are helped and the church goes back the way it started i.e. none lacked anything and they all had things in common.

Until this is done and GOs/pastors start living a modest life like Jesus, I don't see any reason why church leaders should make non-tithers feel they are sinners.[/quote]
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by seankay(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
Oches4me:
Christianity is a business organization, I advice my brothers to comes to religion of Islam, the religion peace.

Yes we know Christianity is business oriented but it's still far better than the religion that is responsible for most war across the world

1 Like

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
kestolove95:
Nigeria churches are business ventures. ... party ground
What about mosques?
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by samijay8(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
You want to take advance of religion fanatics and then reap in abundance cheesy

God is watching you from Nairaland FP cheesy
let God watch, let even Satan watch self
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by maasoap(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
baylord101:
I got an email alert announcing and directive on how to pay for RCCG offering, tithe etc online with FCMB mobile application, How many church have such package?

Despite the fact that FCMB knew that I'm a Muslim, they still sent this crap to me.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by maasoap(m): 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
spartan117:

What about mosques?
Try to find out yourself. You will be surprised. In fact, you will be angry.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by samijay8(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
spartan117:

What about mosques?
Mosque? 95% of them can't even stand beside a Church. Mosque wey dem go start begging people to pay for light. No general overseer. If you're an Alfa. you'll work tired, do preaching like its over.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
samijay8:
Mosque? 95% of them can't even stand beside a Church. Mosque wey dem go start begging people to pay for light. No general overseer. If you're an Alfa. you'll work tired, do preaching like its over.
IS dat prosperity?
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
maasoap:

Try to find out yourself. You will be surprised. In fact, you will be angry.
U will never understand d importance of giving and tithing unless d holy Ghost dwells Within u

1 Like

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by LordOfNaira: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
All these Christians waiting for the return of a Jew are merely wasting their time. You only live once. Your pastors know this and that is why they are enjoying life to the fullest, cruising in private jets and having threesomes!!!
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by samijay8(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
spartan117:

IS dat prosperity?
Not about being prosper in religious work. It ain't their job in first place, just trying to do religious work unlike some who turns it into an opportunity to get jet wey some ex Presidents can't even afford and if they can, they'll be scared too cos its brings them to the open whereas pastors do it like its their own salary they're collecting
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by samijay8(m): 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
spartan117:

U will never understand d importance of giving and tithing unless d holy Ghost dwells Within u
Hmmn. but if na me, I'll rather give my tithes to some of those people under Iwo road bride rather than continue making one rich richer
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
samijay8:
Hmmn. but if na me, I'll rather give my tithes to some of those people under Iwo road bride rather than continue making one rich richer
Like I said u simply can't understand, trying to xplain wud be like trying to install an ios app on an android platform

1 Like

Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by BobHIGHNESS(m): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
omojeesu:

Let me tell you first about Christianity wrongly assumed to be religion.

The word 'religion' appears only 5 times in the Bible all in the New Testament. 3 times it referred to the Jewish religion based on the Old Testament but modified for personal gain by the religious, political and business leaders of the time who often were one and the same. They added to and subtracted from the word of God in the Old Testament and placed a heavy religious burden on the people while they excused themselves. It was this matter that angered Jesus against them and it was His condemnation of their hypocrisy and corruption that made them got Him killed.

The remaining 2 occasions in James' letter written to Jewish Christians James used their knowledge of the religion they knew to let them know that true religion, if christianity was to be considered a religion, has to be one that cares for the poor and needy and one under much self control. None of these can be achieved and acceptable to God without having genuine love powered by the Holy Spirit.

To understand Christianity you must understand what happened in the garden of Eden. There was no religion in the garden. Instead God and man had intimate fellowship in the 'cool of the day'. Sin entered and the relationship was 'lost' and so was man. JESUS CAME TO RESTORE THE RELATIONSHIP. Yes, family relationship based on love.

Religion was the counterfeit in various regalia to deceive humanity and keep us from entering that relationship called salvation.

SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF RELIGION:
1) Use of special gowns and regalia.
2) Use of images.
3) Worship of angels.
4) Food taboos.
5) No love for non members and real and perceived enemies.
6) Salvation is based on moral deeds.
7) Defective Christology.
cool Use of candles and incense.
9) Repetitive prayers.
10) Formulas and rituals,
11) Venerated people, gods and goddesses, seasons and days, etc

Jesus is Lord. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The door, light and bread of live. The Savior. He awaits you!
all the characteristics are present in christianity, they worship gods in the name of jesus and mary, they bow to image of these mentioned gods, they preserve a special dress in some churches, you'll hardly find a christian love others out of his faith, but lets leave that aside, what's the way to serve God?
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
This is not right however, salvation, sanctification & holiness should be the order of the day not money. John 2:16
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by maasoap(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
spartan117:

I know the importance of giving, probably more than you do. But one has to make sure that one is giving it to the right people or right course.
I quoted you because you believe that what is going on in the churches is also going on in the mosques in terms exploitation and extortion which I'm sure you have no idea about.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by maasoap(m): 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
samijay8:
Thank you. I've reply him subtly.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by maasoap(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
spartan117:

IS dat prosperity?
No, it is not neither what is happening in the churches is anything close to prosperity. It is impoverishing the members by collecting whatever they bring to the church under different guises of forceful donations. It is the same practice that makes many Christians to stay away from churches on Sundays if they don't have money to donate.
In the mosques, no forceful donations. They don't make worshippers feel like God is not on their side if they don't donate.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
maasoap:

I know the importance of giving, probably more than you do. But one has to make sure that one is giving it to the right people or right course.
I quoted you because you believe that what is going on in the churches is also going on in the mosques in terms exploitation and extortion which I'm sure you have no idea about.
Then it shows u simply donot understand, u are not giving unto men but unto God what d men choose to do with d money is btw dem and God. By d way L don't care about whats going on in mosques niether am I fixated on d accusations about pastors. My Financial life is btw me and God and i will sow my seeds wherever he tells me and as a wise man I wud give my tithe bcuz he says so, it is foolishness not to follow Gods principles on success
Do me a favour and check u wud see dat its only d poor and disgruntled dat keep pointing fingers at d lifes of pastors, the rich who Ave employed dis principles hold their peace. I Therefore choose to identify with d rich and not d poor in my mentality, only a fool wud'nt
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by Talk2nanro(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
omojeesu:
When we get to heaven it will be clear whether Christians are expected to be paying tithes or not and whether we are to be giving offerings as a matter of routine.

I don't find in the Bible any scripture demanding Christians to pay tithe, first fruits or give offerings routinely. But I see clearly in scripture the need to support the poor, the needy, evangelism and missionary work.

Each of us will give account of our stewardship on that day.

Jesus is Lord!
tithing are not for Christians but free will giving. No doubt about this, he that sows bountifully shall reap bountifully and he that sows sparingly, shall reap sparingly. Two things makes pastors preach tithe, 1; Ignorance
2; Greed or Gospel peddling
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by lloyds(m): 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
What is wrong in this for God's sake. You people will always have something to say.
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
maasoap:

No, it is not neither what is happening in the churches is anything close to prosperity. It is impoverishing the members by collecting whatever they bring to the church under different guises of forceful donations. It is the same practice that makes many Christians to stay away from churches on Sundays if they don't have money to donate.
In the mosques, no forceful donations. They don't make worshippers feel like God is not on their side if they don't donate.
D samaritan woman in d Bible had just her last food which she was about to eat and die, yet Prophet elijah told her to give it to him. Is dat not wickedness? By d worlds standard yes, but by Gods standard its wisdom, look how God prospered her and kept her and her son.
Again I tell u dis only d poor and disgruntled keep pointing fingers at pastors d rich donot u won't find femi otedola pointing fingers at a pastors private jets, its an issue of mentality Dats why d rich keep getting richer and d poor poorer
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by spartan117(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Talk2nanro:
tithing are not for Christians but free will giving. No doubt about this, he that sows bountifully shall reap bountifully and he that sows sparingly, shall reap sparingly. Two things makes pastors preach tithe, 1; Ignorance
2; Greed or Gospel peddling
Are u prosperous?
Re: FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? by baylord101(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
maasoap:

maasoap:

maasoap:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.