Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials (17671 Views)

Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials / Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by autojosh: 6:52am On Mar 25, 2017
There is this paranoia that engulfs some of us when stopped at checkpoints. Some are able to manage the anger while others explode at the slightest spark.

These unexpected stops are definitely frustrating.. However, it is better to be courteous and ensure the situation does not get out of control except you feel your life is in danger.

Always remember these 6 points before you get into an argument with road officials:

They Have The Whole Time To Waste:

Remember that your time is money.. some of us even make the mistake of yelling at them that we are in a haste. Trust me, you will grow bear! bear!! (beards) at that checkpoint. Diplomacy and respect usually resolve issues faster.

It Can Damage Your Public Profile:

With this era of smartphone and twitter journalists, you will just see a photo or video of yourself fighting at Oshodi trending online..

It Might Hunt You In Future:

Don't be surprised that someone is making documentaries of all your street combos today.. You will only find out when you are this close to becoming a Senator.

They Have The Law To Back Them Up:

There are several laws in the books which remain unknown to us. These laws will be used against you when push comes to shove.. and the sad part is you cannot claim ignorance because "ignorance of the law is not an excuse"

They Will Twist The Fact To Favour Themselves:

If you are a young guy that drives a nice car, they may say you are an internet fraudster. If they shoot someone accidentally, they will say he/she was an armed robber.

Do It For God:

Don't forget, "A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel".

Add yours and let's know if you usually give them hot or cold..

https://autojosh.com/road-officials/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 25, 2017
6 reasons why you should never argue with Men of the Nigerian Police Force.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Kondomatic(m): 7:02am On Mar 25, 2017
Japanese couple having an argument:

Husband “Sukitaki!”

Wife replies “Kowanini!”

Husband “Toka a anji rodi roumi yakoo!”

Wife, on her knees literally begging “Mimi nakoundinda tinkouji!”

Husband replies angrily “kina tim kouji!”

And look at you, sitting there reading this as if you understand Japanese.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by toluine56(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2017
You now used FRSC pics instead of police.
FRSC guys are still lenient na, those police guys are ruthless. They must extort you by fire by force, but good points you noted up there.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by veekid(m): 7:16am On Mar 25, 2017

road officials wey wan extort money from you by all means; especially the ones in black.

10 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Afriface: 7:17am On Mar 25, 2017
Find them something!
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by olaxx: 7:17am On Mar 25, 2017
The major reason
Some officials are in possession of guns.
(The men in black)
They might gun you down for nothing.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Emekus92(m): 7:17am On Mar 25, 2017
I no even pray make anything connect me n those people. They r so annoying CN waste ur whole day just 4 nothing

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by DjAndroid: 7:17am On Mar 25, 2017
Good one.

Being friendly can take you a very long way.

For instance, road safety officials are just youths like us, be friendly with them, remind them that we are in the same hustle and they will let you go. It angers most of them when you are at fault and you are trying to to prove that you are this or that. They can diplomatically mess you because they are doing their job.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by littlewonders: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2017
The next time I will see any on high way trying hard to stop me while on speed. Na blood I go carry paint my bonnet. Make I see how dead body wan quote law. These guys don't value lives.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2017
Only in Nigeria do we see the road officials as Gods and unquestionable even when we don't understand why we are being held custody.

Those useless lastma know me wella. If I rev car twice for their front, you will see them scampering for safety.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by engrkaz(m): 7:18am On Mar 25, 2017
I dey watch
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by ken19: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2017
I'll comment when I wake up

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by drkay(m): 7:18am On Mar 25, 2017
This is definitely for me.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by jejemanito: 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Donprayer(m): 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
We fly then

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by jejemanito: 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
littlewonders:
I will always argue and intimidate them
undecided
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Qudbell(m): 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
FP grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by obamd: 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
Which kind thread be this?
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by akanbiaa(m): 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
autojosh:
There is this paranoia that engulfs some of us when stopped at checkpoints. Some are able to manage the anger while others explode at the slightest spark.

These unexpected stops are definitely frustrating.. However, it is better to be courteous and ensure the situation does not get out of control except you feel your life is in danger.

Always remember these 6 points before you get into an argument with road officials:

They Have The Whole Time To Waste:

Remember that your time is money.. some of us even make the mistake of yelling at them that we are in a haste. Trust me, you will grow bear! bear!! (beards) at that checkpoint. Diplomacy and respect usually resolve issues faster.

It Can Damage Your Public Profile:

With this era of smartphone and twitter journalists, you will just see a photo or video of yourself fighting at Oshodi trending online..

It Might Hunt You In Future:

Don't be surprised that someone is making documentaries of all your street combos today.. You will only find out when you are this close to becoming a Senator.

They Have The Law To Back Them Up:

There are several laws in the books which remain unknown to us. These laws will be used against you when push comes to shove.. and the sad part is you cannot claim ignorance because "ignorance of the law is not an excuse"

They Will Twist The Fact To Favour Themselves:

If you are a young guy that drives a nice car, they may say you are an internet fraudster. If they shoot someone accidentally, they will say he/she was an armed robber.

Do It For God:

Don't forget, "A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel".

Add yours and let's know if you usually give them hot or cold..

https://autojosh.com/road-officials/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Home training ,obedience and compliance to constituted laws, Humility and respect will do the magic.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Jimmyo3(m): 7:19am On Mar 25, 2017
Yoruba: Shout on phone
Hausa: Dial wrong number with the phone
Igbo: Lie on phone
Calabar: Steal the phone...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by ednut1(m): 7:20am On Mar 25, 2017
toluine56:
You now used FRSC pics instead of police.
FRSC guys are still lenient na, those police guys are ruthless. They must extort you by fire by force, but good points you noted up there.
police dey collect 5h or 1k. Frsc wont collect dat. Na frsc snd vio wicked psss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by olafunny(m): 7:21am On Mar 25, 2017
Officer: oga park well

Me: *parks well*

Officer: where all your paper?

Me: *shows him all papers, correct and up to date*

Officer: ehn oga why are you driving alone?

Me: Ah cus i chose to SIR

Officer: Why did you choose to? Come down and lemme see the name on your driver's license.

Me: ok SIR. *shows him* correct

Officer: *seeing everything is perfect* but why are you wearing all black and a black shade in hot afternoon?

Me:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Lakebeyin(m): 7:22am On Mar 25, 2017
I fear them die, esp NDLEA & POLICE, they can probe u with anything.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Ola2004: 7:27am On Mar 25, 2017
Meet female hunter recruited by the Nigerian army to hunt bokoharam for 10,000 naira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xpNjBm0OsU
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Swiftlee(m): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2017
Arrange big grammer for them anytime they stop you.They go weak for you. They will always tell you " carry your wahala the go abeg" It works grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by BTT(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2017
Abbeggi!

You never carry Lagos plate number travel go all those Jebba Mokwa road ab?

Those FRSC guys on that route will book you for anything while waving and saluting public transporters with 3 passengers + driver-in-front 1990 Corollas. With this mindset, I no dey gree o. One wanted to book me for wearing ear-piece, and became furious when I politely asked him to 'educate me' with where such law was written. He showed me 'Use of Phone". I just mad.

Forget that thing, I have tried
patience and humour with Road Safety, e nor dey work. They are either too professional or indifferent. The choice is yours.
patience and humour with Soldiers, it works Them go form like say dem no send you, but it works. Never try vex 4 them o!
patience and humour with LASTMA, nothing works Vex nko? Mbanu! Except your ATM PIN. Best is to avoid them. Never let them into your car. I repeat. Run if safe. If them later catch you, na the same thing, but I go try.
patience and humour with Police, IT WORKS Contrary to what a lot of us think, the Police are the only ones who listen to your 'stories' on the road. They are your friends. They can gist. Even vex works for them - but why raise my BP when I can enjoy my peace.

Na fatherly advise na hin I gee you so.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by niyifour(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by adioolayi(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2017
No complete.... If na Police, They can Kill you.... So, if you wan die, argue with Mobile force in a lonely road.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by niyifour(m): 7:31am On Mar 25, 2017
Hmm.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Flexherbal(m): 7:34am On Mar 25, 2017
What if they are wrong?

Thanks, anyway!
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Not Argue With Road Officials by Chukazu: 7:35am On Mar 25, 2017
you forgot to add..
most of them were formal "agbero" so they can easily throw punch your direction

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? / 2 Buses Collide In Imo, One Somersaults, Imo Chief Of Staff Rescues Victims / Four Nigerians In Arrested Jakarta Over Proper Stay Permits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.