Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 (3657 Views)

Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) / LandRover Unveils Its Most Expensive Model Ever,£177k RangeRover SVAutobiograhy / A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by valarinz: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
nurey:

I don't go to market to buy parts sorry, I was only comparing a 2017 GLC and 2017 Volvo XC90 parts any other brand or model I don't know I ain't a part dealer

Ok then,
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by LeoT1: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
tell him about the incessant breaking legs on volvo... worse than honda...

Really lipsrsealed?
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by nurey(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
LeoT1:

Really lipsrsealed?

Am sure he meant old model volvos your friend has nothing to worry about if he decides to pick any of the cars like I said I won't vet any as they are all good on their own since they are brand new, he should pick the one that whaos him and has extended warranty since he is also the one that will use it in Nigeria, no issue he should make sure he does an optimum service maintenance before he sends it down. Thats all

Goodluck
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by valarinz: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
LeoT1:

Really lipsrsealed?

You seem not to know the history of that nigga here on nairaland, it's best you disregard whatever he posts, it's all part of tryin to win his numerous online fights, he also has multiple other monikers and regularly logs with them to reply himself and like his comments, tnx
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by Yungbitz(m): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Volvo does it for me

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by sultaan(m): 12:21am On Mar 27, 2017
I don't know how some people still think of the little things yet ignore the things that really matters.

If you have the money to buy any of these cars cash, online opinion is not needed.

All you need is the passion, test drive and buy; cost or availability of parts is not relevant when compared to cost of the car. The main thing that should influence your choice is the possibility of walking out of the car after a really bad accident.

Test drive and buy the one you like chikena

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by SmartchoicesNG: 5:13am On Mar 27, 2017
Very correct!

sultaan:
I don't know how some people still think of the little things yet ignore the things that really matters.

If you have the money to buy any of these cars cash, online opinion is not needed.

All you need is the passion, test drive and buy; cost or availability of parts is not relevant when compared to cost of the car. The main thing that should influence your choice is the possibility of walking out of the car after a really bad accident.

Test drive and buy the one you like chikena
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by SmartchoicesNG: 5:14am On Mar 27, 2017
all the listed are cool as long as his utility is satisfied

Yungbitz:
The Volvo does it for me
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by LeoT1: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
Thanks everyone. Buyer has made up his mind now. Thanks to everyone who helped him make up his mind. He has promised to wash the car here when it lands in 3 months. cheesy wink wink
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by Whizpeter(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
LeoT1:
Thanks everyone. Buyer has made up his mind now. Thanks to everyone who helped him make up his mind. He has promised to wash the car here when it lands in 3 months. cheesy wink wink

I don follow you... I must not miss the washing... grin grin
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by leuelliot(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
No!! this thread is too sweet to die. cheesy

nurey:

When he said safety, he is talking about build quality as Volvo has been pioneering safest cars in the world

If your friend wants to bring I this babies factor in maintenance cost to me the Benz would be cheaper in price parts and easily available in local market

Factor in complexity like air shocks, etc, our roads are bad they could cause undue stress to mechanical parts reducing their life time

Factor in relation to other on road vehicles, the Volvo stands alone and even in 5 years time it still going to be luck seeing one on road in naija so you probably have to import every nut and bolt the car needs

Factor in economic policies/cost the naira could strengthen up, you may be bored of your choice etc so it's possible he would have to resell the vehicle over there and not bother exporting it due to economic contingencies so pick the easiest to sell.

The most important factor is appeal, there is no point buying something that won't appeal to you and give you that feel of lordship over it, buy something you like to wash every morning, something you feel at home in, something you can boast about anytime any day.

grin

I repeat Benz parts are way w
ay way way cheaper than in fact, the cheapest Volvo part.

CC
valarinz aka volvowarlord
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by valarinz: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2017
leuelliot:
No!! this thread is too sweet to die. cheesy

I repeat Benz parts are way w
ay way way cheaper than in fact, the cheapest Volvo part.

CC
valarinz aka volvowarlord

Weekend don pass my oga, weekdays na only for talks wey dey Bring money grin
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by DaimlerBen(m): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
LeoT1:
I'm enjoying your contributions. Does anyone know the prices of 2017 models of these cars in Nigeria now?

The possibility that taste and preferences may change after 3 years got us thinking. Though a 5 seater is not bad for a family of 5, what if there is an unplanned addition to his family?

Financing for cars here could let you pay only a rental value for first 3 years thereafter you could drop the car or own it for half the original price. This maybe the best way to go.

Thanks guys, you have been objective and insightful.

Sorry oh. I hope I'm not too late.
Please, tell your friend not to choose the emboldened as a lot of intricacies are involved.
They would sweet-talk you into dropping the first deposit, then time to complete payment & you find out it's going to cost twice the sticker price.
He should've read the T&Cs down to the fine print. In fact, he's better off buying outright.
A lot of stories abound online of people supposedly "duped" by car dealers, only to discover later they were not thorough.
Re: How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90 by komekn(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
The probability of buying adulterated and sub standard fuel is not just reflective of diesel alone but petrol.

Having the right technically conversant garage to look at your car. Has nothing to do with brand. But taking time to establish competence that is not hard to do. There are a good number of excellent informed and highly competent vehicle technicians in Nigeria more in Lagos.

Ts Garage (Landrover & cars) Le June. With him sorting out your car you have no problems on Nairaland.

Parts we are in a ever so connected world ebus makes everything easy. Buy parts and within 48 hrs they are in Nigeria air freight. In reality much cheaper and far higher substantiated quality than any Toyota parts. With Toyota the market is awash with copy parts from China, Taiwan, India and of course Nnewi, you are never sure if it's authentic.

Finally, to enjoy life you have to be alive or at least have most of your limbs. The Volvo XC90 is the safest SUV in the world. Consider our accident rate and the adage, safe than sorry. Enjoy the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqNITUm3WA8

The decision is yours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cost Analysis At Radauto Shop / Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines / What Happens If You Don't Renew Your Vehicle Licence After A Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.