Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East (4820 Views)

Buhari; A Victim Of Propaganda And Religious Bigotry / Our Achievements Are Real, Not Propaganda And Lies – Buhari / Press Release: Our Concrete Achievements Not Propaganda And Lies - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by maclatunji: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2017
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has started a battle of sorts without realizing it. You see he wrote an article titled: PMB’s health: Gloating is of no value published in Premium Times. A friend and colleague who had been so disturbed by the same hateful messages that Mr. Adesina referred to in his article shared the link in WhatsApp groups we manage and to his utter shock still got people that said President Buhari that we have now is actually ‘a clone’. Yes, some people suggested this. My friend being a passionate person felt he needed to leave a group he is an administrator of just because of this. But that is not my style, I responded to these people with the following:

I am afraid at the degree of propaganda, ignorance and hate that young people from Eastern Nigeria in particular are feeding themselves with. If there is a major criticism I have of this government, it is that it is not doing enough to counter it.

It is all over social media and conventional media. There is hardly any Nigerian that lives in a city that does not have Igbo friends that they respect, probably admire and learn from.

However, if a large enough number of people that claim to be Igbo especially the youth insist on being obnoxious and offensive to the point of odioum, you risk compounding whatever problems you think you have in Nigeria.

Let me guess, you say: ‘give us Biafra’. Please, the Anambra man does not love the Abia or Imo man. Most of you want to treat Ebonyi people with scorn. Your problem is not a lack of Biafra or being in Nigeria, it is a lack of good social etiquette, political acumen and unwillingness to cooperate with others.

There are many Igbo people fed-up with this kind of behaviour of some of their kinsmen but they are afraid of being attacked by a blind set of marauders feeding on hate.

It is time Igbo people with enlightenment, elegance and distinction takeover the discussion on the progress and future of the Igbo. What we have right now are Charlatans and inept thinkers.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/hate-propaganda-future-east/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nne5: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2017
Everyone has an opinion whenever they hear/see anything Igbo. undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by biaframustcome: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2017
What type of nonsense is this?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by MaziOmenuko: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2017
Maclatunji, if I write about your religion the way you just wrote a generalised article about the East with intent to slight, you will start fuming with raw anger, angst and violence.

Try to implore decorum, whether you are quoting an article or writing one.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by DocHMD: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2017
Anambra man hate Abia bla bla bla...

Does nigeria love themselves, are yorubas and hausa not killing themselves in Ife, Are hausas not killing southerners?

How many Efik have killed Igbos, How many Imo have killed Abia. Anytime these cognitively paralyzed muslim anti-Biafrans give this 'hollow excuse as a pre-cursor to the future failure of Biafra', they are amazingly oblivous of how daft and moronic they sound.

Thugcheetahh and Afonjaheadhunt do you concur with your yoruba muslim brother? grin

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by thugcheetahh: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2017
biaframustcome:
What type of nonsense is this?
ipobexposed how far na? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by dunkem21(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2017
E pepper am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by thugcheetahh: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by biaframustcome: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2017
thugcheetahh:

Me ipobexposed, tufiakwa.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2017
op point of correction am from Anambra..I have live in imo abia and Enugu...igbos loves each other very well...d only prob NDI anambra has with NDI imo is der governor(Roch-Ass)...other Igbos sees NDI ebonyi as being crude or local...but dat was den cuz dey have changed alot..
den for 9ja politics..when Jonathan was d president Hausa's hated him with passion..d Igbo and some part of South south sees him as der son,we defended him even when he lost d election,now things has change..buhari is now d president...reverse is now d case..it will take time before d Igbos will accept buhari,even some Yorubas are yet to accept his leadership..Nigeria is more divided now Dan b4.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Homeboiy: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2017
nonsensical nonsense

13 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Jetleeee: 11:55am On Mar 25, 2017
All these guys just like to dey make Yorubas soft targets. They will never create thread about SW states or Yoruba. It's always Igbo, Biafra nonsense

And it's not like they can defend themselves.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by maclatunji: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2017
Dera100:
op point of correction am from Anambra..I have live in imo abia and Enugu...igbos loves each other very well...d only prob NDI anambra has with NDI imo is der governor(Roch-Ass)...other Igbos sees NDI ebonyi as being crude or local...but dat was den cuz dey have changed alot..
den for 9ja politics..when Jonathan was d president Hausa's hated him with passion..d Igbo and some part of South south sees him as der son,we defended him even when he lost d election,now things has change..buhari is now d president...reverse is now d case..it will take time before d Igbos will accept buhari,even some Yorubas are yet to accept his leadership..Nigeria is more divided now Dan b4.

Thank you for making my point for me.

7 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by thugcheetahh: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2017
biaframustcome:

Me ipobexposed, tufiakwa.
keep decieving yourself grin
Lemme start following all ur accounts

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by maclatunji: 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nne5:

What is your own opinion?
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by enigma3000: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has started a battle of sorts without realizing it. You see he wrote an article titled: PMB’s health: Gloating is of no value published in Premium Times. A friend and colleague who had been so disturbed by the same hateful messages that Mr. Adesina referred to in his article shared the link in WhatsApp groups we manage and to his utter shock still got people that said President Buhari that we have now is actually ‘a clone’. Yes, some people suggested this. My friend being a passionate person felt he needed to leave a group he is an administrator of just because of this. But that is not my style, I responded to these people with the following:

I am afraid at the degree of propaganda, ignorance and hate that young people from Eastern Nigeria in particular are feeding themselves with. If there is a major criticism I have of this government, it is that it is not doing enough to counter it.

It is all over social media and conventional media. There is hardly any Nigerian that lives in a city that does not have Igbo friends that they respect, probably admire and learn from.

However, if a large enough number of people that claim to be Igbo especially the youth insist on being obnoxious and offensive to the point of odioum, you risk compounding whatever problems you think you have in Nigeria.

Let me guess, you say: ‘give us Biafra’. Please, the Anambra man does not love the Abia or Imo man. Most of you want to treat Ebonyi people with scorn. Your problem is not a lack of Biafra or being in Nigeria, it is a lack of good social etiquette, political acumen and unwillingness to cooperate with others.

There are many Igbo people fed-up with this kind of behaviour of some of their kinsmen but they are afraid of being attacked by a blind set of marauders feeding on hate.

It is time Igbo people with enlightenment, elegance and distinction takeover the discussion on the progress and future of the Igbo. What we have right now are Charlatans and inept thinkers.

This ur divide and rule pattern is now stale, find a new style to propagate ur propaganda.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by maclatunji: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Maclatunji, if I write about your religion the way you just wrote a generalised article about the East with intent to slight, you will start fuming with raw anger, angst and violence.

Try to implore decorum, whether you are quoting an article or writing one.

The article does not indict all Igbos, read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Amarabae(f): 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:

TRASH
you people have been circulating this lies for long, Can you give me one example to show that Anambra don't like Abia?
Ile-ife and Modakeke people fought and killed each other for years but alas other tribe don't love themselves only you people.
And you talk about hate, yet a south western doctor ordered for the massacre of Igbos in 2015, or have you forgotten the hate speech of your oba of lagos etc is that not hate.
I hate hypocrisy, take your junk writeup and eat it. Stop these silly obsession about Igbos. Thanks

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
thugcheetahh:

Brother they just sent d new recruits
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nne5:

IPOB is a terrorist group. Whether u have an opinion or not

2 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Sealeddeal(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Igbos do not hate Buhari nor any group, we just love ourselves and that's not a crime. We will keep our love to ourselves alive by any means. We are not the first people to do that.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by PapaBrowne(m): 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
All this political hypocrisy is just tiring!!

People are angry because Fulani herdsmen are killing innocent citizens and nothing is done and nobody cares.

People are angry because innocent people are protesting and you send soldiers to shoot them dead.

People are angry because they have seen the cost of feeding, transportation and every other thing triple and all you do as a leader is lay blame on the past.

People are angry at the divisive disposition of Buhari. People are angry at the lies. People are angry at the lack of any vision.

And all you can reduce it to is unfounded hate??

Tell the writer I said he is pathetic. And his pathetic state would be redeemed the day he asks Buhari what he is doing about the killer herdsmen.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by EasternActivist: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
op are you high? grin
what kind of project topic is this cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by thugcheetahh: 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
IpobExposed:

Brother they just sent d new recruits
for wah?? undecided
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by ozoebuka1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
So they tell us that "igbos don't love themselves " as their main reason why igbos should embrace one Nigeria and forget about biafra and I begin to wonder...If an igbo man couldn't love his own brother "just as they suggest " is it a yoruba or an hausa man he will love?? wouldn't it be better for an igbo man to be let loose so that he can leave with his "hateful" nature?? Why are all these one nigerianists so much holding on to "hateful"igbos This kind love me never see oh cheesy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Cooly100: 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
maclatunji:

OP, if you can answer these questions honestly...put yourself in the position of the easterners...then we can come to some form of agreement!!

Yoruba: Under what conditions would you support “One Nigeria” and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down, finally laid to rest for good?

Biafra agitator: Close down Lagos ports and open up Port Harcourt, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.

• Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports, allowing only local connecting flights. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and Port Harcourt to direct international and major connecting flights.

• Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, Port Harcourt and Calabar.

• All Federal Government agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, Port Harcourt and Calabar. Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), etc., shall and must relocate to Port Harcourt, Calabar and Enugu.
• All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to Port Harcourt, Calabar and Enugu.
• All oil companies must relocate their head offices to Port Harcourt, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
• Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South-East children should gain admission with only 20 score points.
• Let all federal road projects in the North/South-West be handled by one local company and the one in the South-East/South-South be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50 years, we can try one Nigeria and let’s see if you the North and South-West will like it for a month…

• Also, Yoruba and Hausa needing to get international visas shall travel to Port Harcourt, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights; with shipping and importing their goods, etc.
Yoruba: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness…
Biafra agitator: Really? Don’t you think the south-eastern part of Nigeria has been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 years?
Yoruba (quiet for a few seconds): Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me…

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
thugcheetahh:
for wah?? undecided

We are busy here o. Will upload a pic in sambisa tomorrow secretly
Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by comrChris(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
Can this people ever give us break for once ehm? What kinda nonsense is this,carrying other peoples matter in your head kills o, every time igbo this igbo that, and for them to always claim igbos hate themselves shows how ignorant they are, even if we actually do l can't still remember any time the igbos invited any of them for peace talk between any two states down east or has it been anytime we heard there is a fight between any two states here? What you guys think is happening between anambra and imo is as a result of party difference between imo governor and that of anambra and we all know how it started,its not suppose to be your point because you guys are doing same to ekiti people and fayose because of his refusal to join the party you people think is your party.
And for ebonyi everyone of us knows that the story about them has greatly changed and the criticism about them from other easterners which we know where it was coming from has also reduced.
So for your information igbos are one and can never be divided

14 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by paschu: 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
You really have to be a raving arrogant madman to assume that an "olantunji" should have a say in igbo discourse, let alone having the effrontry to chastise even the least of Igbos. You are simply disgusting.

maclatunji:

The article does not indict all Igbos, read and comprehend.

20 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
This is true. Just go through the majority of social media sites and you will see most of the hate speech that goes on there comes mainly from people of south eastern origin. This is particularly dangerous as it is influencing the opinions of a lot of young Nigerians towards the Igbos in a negative way.

2 Likes

Re: Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East by AskProf: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
IpobExposed:

IPOB is a terrorist group. Whether u have an opinion or not

And what are you? Come on, don't be ashamed to admit it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems / Do Not Be Deceived By Buhari Or Anyone, The South East Has Access To The Sea / Atiku Vows To Uphold Press Freedom If Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.