Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:20 PM

Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays (503 Views)

Do You Want To Be Rich? - Master These 7 Lessons On Getting Rich / Lessons On Psychic Distance- Fridays / Lessons On How To Use Hook - Thursdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays by Divepen1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
Re: Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays by Divepen1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
Welcome to Lesson 1 on Styles.
Every writer has his or her own style of writing.
Every fiction has its own feel, and this feel is the major part of styles in literature.
There are many sides to Styles
Such as
Tones
Mood
Descriptions
Narrations
Types of words
But today we will talk about Tone
Tone
Tone refers to the writer's attitude to fiction. It encompasses how a writer comes in his writing.
Tone is mostly the writer's Point of view, it's embedded in how the writers decide to tell a story.

There are different types but we will focus on
1. Aloof Tone
2. Attacking Tone
3. The Defender
4. The Diplomats
Next week we will discuss these types of Tones.
Writing Activity
But for this week, look into some stories you've read and state the tone used in that story.Drop it as a comment below.

https://olofoforeview./2017/03/25/tones-introduction/
Re: Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays by Janeyinspires(f): 1:24pm On May 13, 2017
Hey op,are you coming back to continue,cos I'm pitching my tent here for now.
Re: Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays by Divepen1(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Hey op,are you coming back to continue,cos I'm pitching my tent here for now.
Go home. Tie the rope and fold the tent home. The mission has been stopped for now. My trumpet will sound when it's time. And that time is January. But for now, go home merry and drink.
Re: Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays by Janeyinspires(f): 8:32pm On May 13, 2017
Divepen1:
Go home. Tie the rope and fold the tent home. The mission has been stopped for now. My trumpet will sound when it's time. And that time is January. But for now, go home merry and drink.

January? You are not giving me anything to go merry and drink at home?

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Prey!!! / THE KOLA-NUT TREE (A Short Story) / The Rise And Fall Of Derico ”nwa-mama” ( True Life Story ) – Episode 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.