Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! (1300 Views)

Can Anyone Help Me With A Simple Banner? / Can Anyone Help Me Delete Pictures From My Basic Hitachi Digital Camera / Can Anyone Help Out Designing a Wedding Proposal Letter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! by madlady(f): 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2009
I am not sure I have posted in the correct section, so forgive me if I have not.

I am using Windows 7, I imported some pics from my digital camera to my laptop.
A few days ago I thought I no longer needed them so I deleted said, I then emptied them from my recycle bin, I later found I needed to use them again, I still had them in my camera so tried to import them onto my laptop again. The box keeps coming up saying no new photos found.

A fab guy on the computer section told me how to   test my camera just in case the fault lays with it, but it's fine, the fresh pics I took imported fine onto my laptop.

Does anyone know away around this problem, this only happens with  windows 7, never happend with vista.

I have since found out that deleted items can stay on your hard disk for months if not years.
Re: Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! by madlady(f): 8:42am On Dec 28, 2009
grin grin grin

I have worked out this problem for myself, I installed "Picasa3" for free. It works great so if anyone as problems uploading pictures try it.
Re: Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! by Kemjisuper(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
Nice one. I use picasa3 too. Its awesome for managing and touching up pictures and all. Wise choice!
Re: Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! by madlady(f): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kemjisuper:

Nice one. I use picasa3 too. Its awesome for managing and touching up pictures and all. Wise choice!

Yes you are correct. Sadly I cannot control the paint icon and when I use the crop I find it hard to manoeuvre.

It does have some effects that are new to me, I used one on my profile pic, but it gave me what looks like a double head grin grin grin
but i like the blurred effect.

I will keep playing around with it.

Do you have any tips on touching up pics. smiley
Re: Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! by Kemjisuper(m): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2010
As a matter of fact, I do. First of all, there's this awesome feature called "I'm feeling lucky" which is a one stop photo-fix took. It most likely corrects defects with your original lighting and contrast with the click of a button. However, if you choose to go pro, then you're gonna love playing around with the other tuning tools and awesome effects. As for the cropping, you might wanna try the manual crop instead. The auto-crop may not get exactly what you want but its cool. Most importantly, Picasa creates a backup of your pics by default so you can always have the original if you mess up your pic. Cheers
Re: Problem With The Windows 7 Picture Section!can anyone help please! by madlady(f): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2010
Hi Kempisuper, I came online specifically to reply to your answer.

I have used all of the tools you have mentioned.

I have a really big problem in mastering the use of the paint brush and pot tool, would you be able to explain how to use them?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Urgentlly: Pls How Can I Buy A Cybercafe For A Cheap / Aw Much Should You Colect For Designing A Logo / How To Create Shiny Particles/vignette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.