Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,390 members, 7,781,119 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:21 AM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (66852 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
pinkpebbles:
Who voted her?

I duno o. Shocking
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
enemmo:

I'm talking about the battle round between Arese and Fluorish. When Waje selected her over Fluorish she said something about her lower register being great,as many people were asking why.
guy nice throwback... chai when u hear that battle at first you'd clearly say flourish won hands down but if u listen again n again u see that arese voice has this kind of dark texture that fits the emotion of the song perfectly
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
After watching Joy Ebiem (jdess) perform 1 naira turned MI's rap into a song, that's some creativity, I love creative people.

She didn't disappoint in the battles, glad she was stolen by waje.

Looking forward to seeing her in the lives.

Timi made the right call choosing Victor.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
Aww Sandra couldn't make it thru, guess her vocals ain't trained for varieties.
Good to know Dawn's sis got stolen, thought she'ad just go lyk G6 & Grace
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2017
sleepyeyez:

yea, she did. ull probably see her on project fame also when it kicks off. grin
do you think there's gonna be project fame dx year, , Iam eagerly waiting
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2017
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2017
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2017
silvermania:
do you think there's gonna be project fame dx year, , Iam eagerly waiting

I heard that they are doing their 10th anniversary this year and it is only for former contestants that did not win.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2017
Which team do you think is the strongest?
Most outstanding Vocalist (Male&female)?
Best blind Audition?
Best battle?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2017
homesteady:
Best blind Audition?
Best battle?

1) Between Team Waje and Timi, it's a hard call.

2) Male - Precious, Female - Arewa (I have a bias for her sha, so It was easy picking her)

3) Sheyi, unfortunately he left. Then Arewa.

4) Very tough, I think I'd just pick Precious vs Grace.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
homesteady:
Teams - forgive the poor quality, they are screenshots from the video.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5857255_screenshot20170823092150_jpege078463a18d12174f9ee4f8fdfea2bbf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5857256_screenshot20170823092132_jpegdc8d120aeaf8cd3c2b24e4b88fee6903

is that arewa from project fame 2015? can't see her face clearly.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
ModusOperandi:

is that arewa from project fame 2015? can't see her face clearly.

Yeaa, she's the one.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
homesteady:
Best blind Audition?
Best battle?

waje...male:precious/Chike bro/yimika, female: jahtell...jahtell
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
I never watch battle finish but so far yimika vs bunmi
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
homesteady:

Yeaa, she's the one.

I wonder why these singers keep repackaging themselves from one competition to another. It has become a means of survival. I really don't give a hoot about come backs. If feel that f they were dat good they would have made it via their talent all these while.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
just watched the first and second blind auditions, I'm a tad late to the party I know. most of the performances were sub par, to say the least. some of them have nice voices yea, but there's really no WOW factor, lots of flat notes here and there.

even the ones that got standing ovations were just there, I felt like they were trying too hard to force riffs and runs, it was painful to hear cry

anyway lemme continue. embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

I wonder why these singers keep repackaging themselves from one competition to another. It has become a means of survival. I really don't give a hoot about come backs. If feel that f they were dat good they would have made it via their talent all these while.

This days, most of these competitions is just about who has more money and a little bit of luck, and not really who was the best. So it has become quite necessary to try out other options.
During Arewa's time, how she did not even come out top 4 still baffles me, she was unarguably the best, I still even have audios of some of her performances.
Chike was also very good, but it was his fault he did not go far.

Besides, The voice as a brand is bigger than Project fame, so I don't really think it is bad for them to go for The Voice after leaving Project fame. The only wahala would be when you leave The Voice and you still want to contest in Idols Nigeria, that's a huge step down.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
ModusOperandi:
just watched the first and second blind auditions, I'm a tad late to the party I know. most of the performances were sub par, to say the least. some of them have nice voices yea, but there's really no WOW factor, lots of flat notes here and there.

even the ones that got standing ovations were just there, I felt like they were trying too hard to force riffs and runs, it was painful to hear cry

anyway lemme continue. embarassed

The first and second rounds of blind auditions were not impressive, but it improved later on.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 3:26am On Aug 24, 2017
homesteady:

The first and second rounds of blind auditions were not impressive, but it improved later on.
oh yea, round 3 was much better than the first two.

mehn that arewa, girl can sing! cheesy
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2017
Most outstanding Vocalist (Male and female)?
Best blind Audition?
Best battle?

whew finally!

1. team waje

2. precious, by a mile! (I like Chris too) and jahtell

3. seyi.

4. can't pick one embarassed.

precious vs grace - like IK said, it was really a battle. dude was too much for the poor girl.

also liked favour vs kessydriz, wilson vs glow , chris vs J'dess
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
homesteady:
Best blind Audition?
Best battle?

I think Team Timi is the strongest
Outstanding Male vocalist - Precious
Female vocalist - Arewa
Best blind audition - Sandra
Best Battle - Wilson & Glowrie
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
pinkpebbles:
She dint make it to the lives.
She already said it was going to be hard for her.
And yes it was. And the fact that they were 3 dint make it any better for her.

I didn't state anywhere on my post that she made it to the lives. All I wrote there was just wild assumptions.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
homesteady:
Best blind Audition?
Best battle?

Team Timi / Waje

Male - Precious, Female - Jahtell

Sandra

Precious vs Grace.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

to answer that question u gotta put urself in their shoes... for example if I were to go for a talent hunt it'd be pf cause I think pf is done during holidays so it wouldn't affect my school work cause let's be honest here if u go for the voice you're more or less choosing music over school cause exams are being held during this period so you'd just fail like that n for u to even graduate a pass after failing all courses in a semester is damn impossible... so a smart person would go to pf, if it doesn't work out they could go to the voice when they're done with school
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ammyluv2002(f): 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
I am not understanding this night? Is it me or what?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Khonifer: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
Poor performances but at least Highteee got the save she deserves.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Khonifer: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
God bless Favour!!!! ....
Abi Ify? undecided

What's her name sef?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hightee and ifeoma deservedly saved

Are the songs chosen by the contestants?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
ammyluv2002:
I am not understanding this night? Is it me or what?
It's not just you, I'm not feeling the show tonight at all
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Acidosis(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

grin grin

I think contestants were forcefully made to sing these songs.. Most of them didn't connect with the songs, I'm hoping Team Timi will deliver
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ammyluv2002(f): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

Imagine, Flavour mic dey do off and on!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ammyluv2002(f): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2017
Acidosis:

grin grin

I think contestants were forcefully made to sing these songs.. Most of them didn't connect with the songs, I'm hoping Team Timi will deliver
I'm seriously hoping

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Top Ten Movies That Make You Cry / Saint Obi's Obituary: To Be Buried On August 18 / BBNaija: Vee Wrestled With Ka3na To Sleep Beside Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.