Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (67147 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 6:25am On Sep 06, 2017
Ama80:
Wilson and Jahtell did it fr me.i don't knw if it's my speaker but d lives performances are wack.d judges are too dumb to critique them.ayam not understanding.pls nobody shud try hype precious here cos to me,he is usually flat n sings wit chest.Arewa is trying too hard,she is a gud n confident singer but all i see is someone afraid of failing thereby setting herself up fr a fall.she shud relax more.worthy of mention are glowrie,Bada,Idyl,They have been consistent.

Glorie and Jahtell are my picks so far.
Precious needs to do more to be on dis xclusive list of mne.
He tends to get carried away n "lose his footing"so to speak.
Doesn't seem to have control or understand how best to use his voice
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 6:58am On Sep 06, 2017
crazygod:

Oga the guy try as he even attempt am. Check out any blind auditions, people avoid Bruno Mars songs. His songs are always freaking difficult.

Who send am. The song does not even have too much singing. Chris Blue,the last winner of the voice USA did the same song. The guy is a vocal beast but he was mostly dancing,not a song to show your singing skills.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ModusOperandi(f): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
sleepyeyez:

Ye, ur right. Its d house style of "The Voice" to be easy On contetants when it comes to critique. Take d US version , for instance. Ud never hear Blake or Adam slam an act for not bringing it. Same with d UK or filipino version.Dats the main thing bout The Voice that doesn't seat well with me. But u know naija will always overdo.
Jus like theyv been overdoing the whole "coach banter" thing Blake and Adam are renowned for. Theirs is so cringe-worthy.
lol yea, I find I it mildly irritating, it just screams 'wannabe'.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Daniel sang more than Yimika?, hope u are not Daniel?, Daniel is a beautiful singer, but has issues with d high notes, and mostly avoids it because he cracks there probably due to previous voice overuse.
I beg to disagree that there was nothing spectacular about the performance of Yimika. Daniel might not have hit the high note well but Yimika's high note was just average, Wolei would have done much better than Yimika with that song
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dainikel:
I beg to disagree that there was nothing spectacular about the performance of Yimika. Daniel might not have hit the high note well but Yimika's high note was just average, Wolei would have done much better than Yimika with that song

Do u have comprehension problems?, Yimika sang better than Daniel on the Night, take it anywhere. I didn't compare Yimika and Wolei. Wolei is however off d show
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ama80:
Wilson and Jahtell did it fr me.i don't knw if it's my speaker but d lives performances are wack.d judges are too dumb to critique them.ayam not understanding.pls nobody shud try hype precious here cos to me,he is usually flat n sings wit chest.Arewa is trying too hard,she is a gud n confident singer but all i see is someone afraid of failing thereby setting herself up fr a fall.she shud relax more.worthy of mention are glowrie,Bada,Idyl,They have been consistent.
You are right. She's beginning to sing very conciously & belting unnecessarily. Her vocals are rich enough to take up any kinda song, there aint no need for trying to over impress
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Do u have comprehension problems?, Yimika sang better than Daniel on the Night, take it anywhere. I didn't compare Yimika and Wolei. Wolei is however off d show
Well I take it as your opinion
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2017
What's with the judges.
They finding it really difficult to tell these contestants the truth.
Someone, say me hi to Simon Cowell.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
BelovedN:
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that these contestants need a dance and choreography instructor(s). I don't know if they have but if they do, the person isn't doing a good job. The contestants aren't delivering performance - wise and I think that's why a lot of the performances have been boring.

What's boring are the song choices, nothing more.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
GoshenNLA:
idyl will go far, sad to see Efezini eliminated anyways. Obichi.... I reserve my comment

I love that Efezino lady. I've never heard anyone with a similar voice. Believe me when I say that.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 11:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
ModusOperandi:
i think the coaches selected the songs for them , it's the only thing that makes sense.

as regards not giving constructive criticisms, i think its because they're not actually judges per se so its understandable if they choose to refrain from criticizing them on stage, they would be doing the contestants a huge disservice if they don't tell them the truth behind the scenes though. its like how faculty members on project fame don't criticize on stage , but back in the academy we all know how uncle ben can be.

If the bolded were true then the coaches deserve to be flogged seriously for letting the contestants down big time.

They never sucked this much with their choices at the battles.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
crazygod:

Oga the guy try as he even attempt am. Check out any blind auditions, people avoid Bruno Mars songs. His songs are always freaking difficult.

I totally disagree with you, Bruno Mars songs are relatively simple to perform. Tell me who'd have a hard time performing today my life begins, just the way you are, nothing on you?

Bada even performed lazy song at the blinds and he was flawless, so what are you telling me.

Now tell people to perform Justin Timberlake songs and see the real struggle.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2017
if the songs are chosen for them, then its unfair as some persons are assigned songs on their lane while others are given songs to prove versatility, lopsided really.

The attached says other wise tho

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by conceptz21: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
What did symeca do mbok
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
amblors:
if the songs are chosen for them, then its unfair as some persons are assigned songs on their lane while others are given songs to prove versatility, lopsided really.

The attached says other wise tho

Jahnomso is a liar! He posted a comment on YouTube suggesting that the coaches choose songs for them!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
Yesterday, Wilson was live on Instagram. That boy na woman rapper, he was the only guy with about 5 girls grin

That boy is really 18 years and he is already done with school! He's one lucky lad.

Those girls can sing, and they are really close.

I posted a comment for Arewa and she answered and told me thank you kiss kiss kiss Yes, I love Arewa grin grin

I also asked a what's the purpose of those ear plugs they use while performing. They said it allows them to hear what they are singing, the instruments and backup clearly, and they don't hear any other thing. They also said while singing it sounds very good to them from the ear piece, but it is when they later watch it online that they would be surprised by what they were singing. grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
homesteady:

Jahnomso is a liar! He posted a comment on YouTube suggesting that the coaches choose songs for them!

That boy is not credible in anyway, good riddance!, he has been sent packing.

With all these ur interaction with d house mates make u kukuma go next season.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Nahhh!!! I won't even qualify for the blinds, singing is not my best talent. grin
I'm just a big fan of reality competitions, especially singing competitions and I'm also a big fan of music.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
homesteady:

Nahhh!!! I won't even qualify for the blinds, singing is not my best talent. grin
I'm just a big fan of reality competitions, especially singing competitions and I'm also a big fan of music.

I am actually a very fair singer but already crossing 30 may not favour me
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 7:32am On Sep 08, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

I am actually a very fair singer but already crossing 30 may not favour me

Wow from Waje's Team? Over 30
Cornel from last year, over 30 too.

Just work on increasing your fan base before next year, because the show is a popuLarity contest.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by uwammebi: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
junnyjake:

I love that Efezino lady. I've never heard anyone with a similar voice. Believe me when I say that.

Biko, who jus mentioned my galfriend's name?!

Nna, stop it o!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2017
uwammebi:

Biko, who jus mentioned my galfriend's name?!

Nna, stop it o!

Hehehe, me no know say you go take am like that.

if it makes you feel any better, name happiness my eye de. She gives me a different kind of happiness in Timi's voice.

cheesy

Hustle me her number na.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by conceptz21: 8:39am On Sep 10, 2017
Can't wait for tonight's show
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2017
List of songs that would be sang today!

Who is singing Jennifer Hudson - And I'm telling you? I wish that person all the luck in this world!

I hope it is not Aunty Ifeoma that is singing that Diana Ross or Whitney Houston song.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by SPDAZZY(f): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bada!!!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saved by Viewers votes

Team Timi: Idyll
Team Yemi: Syemca
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
SPDAZZY:
Bada!!!
l

As in, I'm a fan!!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enemmo(f): 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Team Timi is on fire today.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by SPDAZZY(f): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
enemmo:
Team Timi is on fire today.

My dear, better fire o
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by SPDAZZY(f): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
And Timi chose Jahtell
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Khonifer: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
Precious performed better than Jahtell. For the first time he wasn't belting and actually sang. I think Timi is a little biased when it comes to Jahtell. I feel he knew if he chose Precious, Idyll would have been saved and Jahtell gone

I'm just so sad. My sweet Idyll will just leave like that. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

BBNaija: Maria And Pere Are The Wildcards, Fake Housemates / Lady Walks Unclad On Stage At 3 Thrones Concert In Lagos [PICS+VIDEO] / BBNaija: Teddy-A Celebrates After Sex With Bambam In The Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.