Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 (30150 Views)

I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by stagamagadasca(f): 12:21am On Mar 29, 2017
am still shocked at this garri own my brother..I tried to buy a cup and dy said its 100naira..I was with 50 naira..I tot of what to do..went back home and lick d soup lik DAT den drink water...its painful.. this world is coming to an end...its nt a government somtin..we shud all repent

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by stonemasonn: 12:31am On Mar 29, 2017
stagamagadasca:
am still shocked at this garri own my brother..I tried to buy a cup and dy said its 100naira..I was with 50 naira..I tot of what to do..went back home and lick d soup lik DAT den drink water...its painful.. this world is coming to an end...its nt a government somtin..we shud all repent
Chai! God help us

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by buffalowings: 12:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Acidosis:
haba, I don't believe these figures. Same paint size for rice cost N1550.

my brother

na true o

dis country he

rice garri and beans
almost cost the same per measure o
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by otokx(m): 1:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Nigerians are the cause of their own wahala, prices go up and not down. The government should set up a price board to keep prices in check.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Baldg: 2:16am On Mar 29, 2017
In cases like this, I wonder what the price commodity regulatory agencies are doing. Nigeria, which way?
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by andyolo(m): 2:31am On Mar 29, 2017
AND THE GOVERNMENT IS TELLING US TO GO AND FARM? WITH WHICH RESOURCES?..... WHICH WAY FORWARD?
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by thunderbabs: 2:34am On Mar 29, 2017
Dollar come down my foot.....dollar remain on top tree for market ni oo.. One minister will now b talking shit dt inflation has fallen to kinikan %.......from where he tk fall? From on top bridge? shocked
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by mikolo80: 3:14am On Mar 29, 2017
teekay213:
No b only you o.
This country Don tire me.
Last week I went market with the price of goods I brought 2 weeks ago.I was shocked with new price I saw.I nearly cry because it was my baby food I must buy it.
I won comot for this country even na Togo.WETIN!
na baby food you chop
no be bress and akamu
even the baby food, no be maize den take do am.?
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by mikolo80: 3:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Fadamant:

I have been asking to know the reasons there seems to be shortage of garri(why its now expensive). So far I am not satisfied with what I have been told. Reasons like, people in rural areas no longer farming owing to communal clashes, menace of cult boys operating in villages and fulani herdsmen destroying farms with their cattle. Are these the real reasons? If they are, then why is garri expensive in rural areas too given that they produce the garri by themselves?
you think demand and supply is a myth, a fable, a chudrens story ba?
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by baddosky1: 3:17am On Mar 29, 2017
The time wey una dey shout Sai Baba, una no know? By the time buhari finishes with Nigeria, Nigerians won't even see sand to eat. And before any retard says I am included...note...I am NOT a Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by mikolo80: 3:19am On Mar 29, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
I believe its greed on their part. since d price of virtually everything has gone up the farmers no wan carry last. I feel Sorry for dis generation.
will you reduce the prices of your service to the farmers if they come to you.? abi you think they don't pay school fees or buy cloth. see your mouth like greed

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by mikolo80: 3:22am On Mar 29, 2017
YesNo:
Thats the sad tale of Nigerians and the Nigerian food/household market.

Milk has totally lost taste. in those days you will smell your neighbours cup of tea from the next house. but now you can not get such milk no matter how much you have in your wallet.

I remember when B29 soap came out. it was the first of its kind with superb smell and quality. but now, it turns to PASTE if u leave it in water for 3 mins.

Back then, you dare not use more than 2 Maggi cubes for a pot of anything you are cooking. but now....

even Coca-Cola now tastes like SH!T

quality of goods is going down, price and demand is going WAY UP.
yet not 1 of the 180 million of us is interested in supply (production). na only to consume concine una

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by opribo(m): 3:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Very good, its normal...
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 29, 2017
CHAINge is a colosal blunder!
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by arimahoseloka(m): 4:29am On Mar 29, 2017
trustworthy1:
800 or 850 in Asaba
yellow is 900 white is 850 in abraka last i checked
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 4:44am On Mar 29, 2017
I almost wept when I purchased one small Asus laptop battery for 6k at Dugbe yesterday...

In November, it was sold for 3,500.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 29, 2017
sisisioge:
OP, permit me to rant a little.

I think something is definitely wrong with this country. Its almost irreparable! Can you believe that my body wash was 1250 NGN in the face of the heated dollar battle @ 520. Now that dollar has gone a bit down @ 360, same body wash is now 1400NGN! A babe can't even babeup in peace! We Nigerians don't like bringing prices down once they go up. Abnormal profit is too delicious to let go of.

Anyways, I'm hanging in there. I'm gonna keep the heat at arm's length. Truly, what someone said about our different level of resilience is true. I'm so going to remain strong until this bad wind blows over.

Yesterday, at the Arena market I saw someone go mad. Yes, started the madness right in front of me! Dude is an average looking block that could chat up any babe at all based on his looks. I meant body structure not dressing. He was obviously a broke unschooled guy. Anyways, the guy let out a terrifying scream that echoed round the market, paused for a while, then undressed. That was it! He just stripped to his birthday suit and walked off the scene. Of course, everybody went on a wailing rampage before some brave men caught up with him and took him somewhere. Whew! He looked alright, apart from a little flabbiness around his middle, guy was spotting a nice body complete with an adequate phallus size. No be there my eyes go o...but I saw embarassed

So, may God help us. I pray something really nice comes out of this our Galilee.
You try if you still get the Original for 1400, mine (Tracia) has so much Fake these days that I've been using Black soap. Funy thing is that even the Fake is sold for the same price as the Original. I Tire for Nigeria Matter. Things have fallen apart sooooooooooooooooooo bad.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Emmanuel555(m): 5:15am On Mar 29, 2017
We are actually the cause of our problem

tell me one factor that caused the sudden increase in the price?

one person will wake-up one morning and put all his family problem in his sales and decide to sell at #1200 and the next day others will join in the new price .
Tomorrow we will start blaming our innocent president for corruption?

#Letthechangebegingwithyou !
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Tex42(m): 5:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Op, do u time travel? Cos it seems like u are talking about the future price... Will the economic situation get that bad? What year is that, so I will start saving for the rainy days when the year draws close.

Painter of garri is #500/#550 in ma area.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 29, 2017
Lol @ mudu (Abuja), paint (Port Harcourt) and congo (Ibadan), DeRica (Lagos). Can't they just benchmark garri retail marketing across Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by slap1(m): 5:51am On Mar 29, 2017
N900 - Owerri
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by gustav25: 5:53am On Mar 29, 2017
Tex42:
Op, do u time travel? Cos it seems like u are talking about the future price... Will the economic situation get that bad? What year is that, so I will start saving for the rainy days when the year draws close.

Painter of garri is #500/#550 in ma area.
learn to be a bit diplomatic and have a little sense of rationality !!!!as it is in your location is not how it would be in anothee

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by naijaboy756: 6:00am On Mar 29, 2017
how many years will it take to fix this damage by APC and Bubu?
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Tex42(m): 6:09am On Mar 29, 2017
gustav25:
learn to be a bit diplomatic and have a little sense of rationality !!!!as it is in your location is not how it would be in anothee
Learn to see things not only from ur own standing point and try other perspectives. If u did, u'd have seen the humor in my post.

I wasn't trying to be irrational, atleast that is why i made mention of the "price in my own area".

Rationality... Noted.

Thanks all the same.

Good morning!
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:20am On Mar 29, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
I believe its greed on their part. since d price of virtually everything has gone up the farmers no wan carry last. I feel Sorry for dis generation.
Thats not greed, Rather blame it on the economy.
Since that's their only source of income, they shouldn't top the price, right?
Have forgotten they also buy other foodstuffs which has also increased or na only garri dem go chop??
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by emmaitive(m): 6:26am On Mar 29, 2017
800 to 900 in my area in ikorodu
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by nemeomire: 6:27am On Mar 29, 2017
1400 in Bonny Island
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Ahmed030(m): 6:32am On Mar 29, 2017
yellow garri 800 white garri 750 at iyana iba market ojo lagos
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by VeniJu: 6:45am On Mar 29, 2017
Dyt:
Even dollar falling to 150
These prices won't ever deflate
That is a typical microcosm of the Nigerian market.. All our traders and business men/women are opportunist.
The Govt.. Indeed has failed by allowing the price of foodstuff to inflate. Nothing will bring it back to the normal price again..
Imagine, foreign rice was banned so we could buy local rice. Now, Local rice sells for #500 per ''mudu'' as against the #300 per mudu of foreign rice.
Too bad.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by SalamRushdie: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2017
Dyt:
Even dollar falling to 150
These prices won't ever deflate

That's the sad part , most prices in Nigeria do not obey any known economic laws but the Inate greed of the sellers
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by nic121: 6:59am On Mar 29, 2017
deji15:

Do you know it takes only three month for planted Cassava to be ready for harvest? I'm sure you are already getting ideas...lol
Three months ke? I thought is a year.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by nic121: 7:00am On Mar 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

That's the sad part , most prices in Nigeria do not obey any known economic laws but the Inate greed of the sellers
if the dollar deflates and the food stocks still dey. Shoprite will start selling garri at cheaper prices or we will import garri from Amazon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ideal Lunch Package For Kids / Man Dies After Consuming Pregnant Cat Meat In Ghana / Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.