Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated (60745 Views)

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says / Irish Woman Devastated After Nigerian Husband Dumped Her Destroys Shop (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by whizqueen(f): 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. you've been busy these days abi..I hope you are fine?
I've been busy fooling around grin I'm good jere you nko
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by hope4life: 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

She said it happened once.
The issue is how old was she when it happened? sometime youth exhorbirance or teens excesses might play on her. What led to it.Does it mean she cant exercise self control? This question is not for you to dump her but to know area of prayer and concentration. Certain past repeats itself during marriage if not thoroughly handled with serious prayer.God has forgiven her for repenting and telling you.So the issue is if she is totally delivered and the spiritual connection broken because whosoever who have sex with you are emotionally, physically and spiritually bound to the person. This has future consequence. If you are a christian, talk to God about it for what to do. But if its spiritual aspect is dealt with, go ahead to marry her. It is a valuable woman that will confess such to you.Ask yourself can I cope with the thought. If anything happens after your marriage and you refer to it, you will damage her emotionally.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Skimpledawg(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
enomakos:
pass her number to me,i will help you give her the sex she really need
Maduman grin
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by rhames(m): 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

She said she has fasted and asked God for forgiveness.

I have prayed on her behalf too severally,

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .

She has repented and recanted. You have just got the wife of the century.Dont miss that opportunity Jack or you will cry later.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by enomakos(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Skimpledawg:
Maduman grin
hahaha
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Afrocentric: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

She said she has fasted and asked God for forgiveness.

I have prayed on her behalf too severally,

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .
Abeg, it doesn't matter jare. Arab and real Islamic people marries their first cousins. No harm will come after your wife to be
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by JennyOfOldstones(f): 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
Finest001:
It very funny how some people are giving excuses of countries where cousins marry each other. So are we trying to say that if something is wrong n some pple are doing it that makes it right..... So cause some tribe eat human flesh does that makes it right. The Bible has made us know that such act is wrong yet some pple are trying to justify this with countries practicing such act.

Leviticus 18:6 Says “You must never have sexual relations with any of Your relative
I think you need to revisit that passage again and this time, read the whole chapter and not just verse 6

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Omoluabi16(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2017
whizqueen:

I've been busy fooling around grin I'm good jere you nko
lol, fooling around abi. On top those heavy alert you dey get.. badass hustler cheesy
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by whizqueen(f): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol, fooling around abi. On top those heavy alert you dey get.. badass hustler cheesy
Na So so debit alert1oo my brother cry

I can't take it anymore embarassed embarassed
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by kunletexs: 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
ore!
you are lucky you have a girl who told you that what happened even before you married her.

please do not punish her for confessing her sins to you as that would damage her faith in men.

look at it this way, how many girls have you slept with and how many have you confessed to her. if you are to point just two girls to her as your ex. do you think she too would not be sad too or she is not with feelings. i am a man and i give it to the ladies you know their husband was/ is a Casanova and yet forge ahead with the relationship and end it into marriage.

i know you are looking at it in the eyes of incest. please forge ahead with her for if you cancel this marriage and get another one, you would not know if she has even done 5 abortions, a witch or even worst than this lady.

do you think she liked it when she told you. no but it is a burden she wanted to share with you as her husband to be and you got to be man to say lady i love you and inrespective of your past mistakes, you are still my one.

15 years down that line you are saying thank God for my wife.

i wish you best of luck on your wedding date

try invite me for your wedding o i am waiting

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by VirginFinder: 12:58am On Mar 31, 2017
linearity:
Why are people bringing spiritual angles into this? I can't remember any Bible verse condemning sleeping with cousins.

If you believe in the Bible's procreation story, our great grand parents were brothers and sisters as in the same father, the same mother and the Bible is littered with plenty examples of cousins marrying each other.

Because of the genetic closeness of cousins or close relations, science frown at close relations birthing offersprings because of the possibilities of abnormalities, this was not done because of some spiritual discernment.

There is no different between her bleeping a complete stranger from outer space and her cousin, as far as the Bible or spiritual consequences are concern.

Arrant nonsense!

In the book of Deuteronomy that a man must NEVER uncover his mother/sister/aunt/cousin up to the 5th generation.

In fact, almost a whole chapter was dedicated to the subject of incest. And consequences were spelt out.

Our Lord Jesus never upturned the statute in the New Testament.

Be guided!!
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by linearity: 2:14am On Mar 31, 2017
VirginFinder:

Arrant nonsense!

In the book of Deuteronomy that a man must NEVER uncover his mother/sister/aunt/cousin up to the 5th generation.

In fact, almost a whole chapter was dedicated to the subject of incest. And consequences were spelt out.

Be guided!!
Why is it that, when topics like these come up; you guys run to pull one selective law from the Old testament.

That convenant and laws were made with Abraham and his defendants. Even the Hebrew Israelis who are direct descendants of Abraham and beneficiaries of that convenant marry their cousins up till day.

If you check very well, that is not the only law you are disobeying clearly written in Deuteronomy.

Jesus abolished the old convenant and their laws, my guy, embrace the new convenant.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Omoluabi16(m): 9:52am On Mar 31, 2017
whizqueen:

Na So so debit alert1oo my brother cry

I can't take it anymore embarassed embarassed
It is well dear. kiss
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by chiamaka4g: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
In Islam, it is allowed. Sanusi is married to his cousin.
Hope you are married now.
MIB1:

My worry is that , this is incest
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
Acidosis:

Bro, you deserve to be worried, pained and confused. Don't allow any hypocrite make you feel like you're imhumane.

Whether it happened 1000 years ago, it doesn't matter. If these folks found out that their ex slept with a dog some 50 years ago, they would still find a way to show their dissatisfaction to the said ex.

If I were in your shoes, I would be devastated as well.. It doesn't matter whether she confessed or I discovered myself.. the knowledge of what happened is all it takes to get one pained, so don't feel stu p!d or heartless.

Now to the real issue, I think you're worried that the said relationship with her cousin might continue even after a proper wedding with you. Whether you like it or not, you would henceforth feel insecure to have that cousin close and alone with your woman. Nobody welcomes such, except of course, the online "e-doesn't matter" e-pocrites.

The big question is: do you love your woman? Yes, right? Love is one aspect, do you trust your woman? Note, anybody can love, but trust is expensive. You have to be sure you trust her 100%.

Having said that, it's time to get your mind off the relationship with her cousin. It would be difficult but you have to try.

If you discover however at any point that moving on would be difficult, gently back out! This is marriage, not a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. You will continue to meet her cousin, he will attend your wedding and probably offer you a handshake... Can you bear it?

Other days, he will stop by at your house when you're not around to say hi. Yes, it is true you now trust your wife, but do you trust the guy enough to share the same remorse with your wife? Has he repented and moved on?

My respect goes to your woman though. That's one hell of a secret 99.9% of her fellow will take to the grave. She has done her part... Now can you do yours? If your answer is yes, go ahead and marry her.

Mehn guy you should create your own website and be a therapist the knowledge in your comment is just too gangster.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by linearity: 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
VirginFinder:

Arrant nonsense!

Be guided!!

I challenge you to quote the passage in Deuteronomy, where God forbids marriage between cousins or where it’s say, you cannot uncover the your cousin.

The passage you are erroneously referencing is in Lev 18 & Deut. 27 and none of them mentioned counsins, the list there are: daughters, step-daughters, Aunt, Sister, half-sister,step-sister,daughter-Inlaw, grand-daughter & step-grand daughter.

Rather, the Bible is littered with instances of counsins marrying each other.

Like I indicated previously, the idea of not marrying counsins is rooted in science and because of likelily birth anamonalities that could occur as a result of the genetic closeness and we should respect and obey this scientific research, but at the same time should knowledgeably ascribe its origin to science and not the Bible.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by mctowel01: 1:59am On Nov 23, 2017
Iefosa:
It's not everything you say, should have kept this to her self. undecided
She is not stupid. She definitely has the fear of the possibility of him finding out later on. She is not as sincere as you think
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by mctowel01: 2:04am On Nov 23, 2017
repogirl:
Shebi the relationship ended years ago? So what's the issue now?

You people, always making an issue from nothing. SMH!
I ll politely tell you that men don't naturally see it that way. The frequent thoughts of this is what will create more cracks in the relationship.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by mctowel01: 2:10am On Nov 23, 2017
cybriz82:

oga which incest...assuming she no tell u nko?? well i blame her since her mouth no dey stay 1 place...all ladies in d house pls n pls from 2day onward dnt share ur secret with any man..evn if u get chicken pox for ur yansh..i repeat do not tell him..
Look between the lines... She obviously said it because of her fears of him eventually finding out later, when its much worse. ii ve personally been in a similar situation before, tho with my friend. She had to tell me as it had the lesser unpleasant consequence compared to the events of me finding out later. Be wise bro
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by gechyy2(f): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
If you love her as you said, Marry her but make sure you let the cousin know that you know the truth, if possible the 3 of you should have a meeting clearly telling the said cousin that you know the truth you have forgiven your finance however he shouldn't be too close to her..keeping his distance will help your future family a great deal..
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by sanpipita(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
gechyy2:
If you love her as you said, Marry her but make sure you let the cousin know that you know the truth, if possible the 3 of you should have a meeting clearly telling the said cousin that you know the truth you have forgiven your finance however he shouldn't be too close to her..keeping his distance will help your future family a great deal..

Forgive her? what crime did she commit? why do we always exaggerate issues, didnt the so called relationship happen long years before she met this girl who knows whether they were just young and exploring themselves.

I blame this girl for letting this out, you think a guy will open up and tell his fiancée he had something with a relative? if the OP is serious about marriage there is nothing to worry about.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
MIB1:

I love her , trust her , and still want to marry her . But how do I move past this and forge ahead .
If you sicerely love her, trust her and still want to marry her, go ahaed. And dont really worry about her and her cousin after marriage, 95% chance it wont happen again.

As for the part of curses and all, all i can say is, take that to the holy spirit.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by charlsecy(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2018
t111:
You both can go for delivance in a delivance church coupled with fasting because def the spiritual implication still stands,an alter had been built on that regard so it has to be broken.
What deliverance? Did Abraham for deliverance for marrying his step sister? Has Emir of Kano gone for deliverance, whose first wife, I heard, is her first cousin? So the Chinese should go for deliverance? What deliverance are you talking about?
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by darlenese(f): 4:35pm On May 26, 2018
don't marry her , don't be fooled to believe she told u because she loved u, she knows u will find out someday so she is confessing in advance .

she is a sharp girl
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 10:58am On May 27, 2018
Am I the only one who dont that was an incest
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 10:59am On May 27, 2018
Am I the only one who dont that was incest

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander And His Pregnant Fiancée / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Man Holds Ex Lover Hostage On Her Way To Wed Another Man After Training Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.