Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? (50452 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
What is Church.? A church is not a building rather a congregation of believers that assembled to worship Go. After all, where two or three are gathered,.... embarassed
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:
smh lipsrsealed
Let's set up an orphanage nah
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
cyrilamx:
What is the strength of winners in these 192 countries? Most of this countries may host not more than 10-15 Winners churches but not so with the Catholic Church whose presence is ever felt in every country in the world. In terms of hospitals n educational institutions, the Catholic Church is unequaled...no other church's university can rival that of the Catholic Church either quality of lectures or numbers...

Winners is less than 45 years. Enumerate the achievements of the Catholic Church in her first 100 years......and the Catholic university in Nigeria is just a little better than the shantytown built by Fr. Ede in Anambra state
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by bamikole07(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Anglican church
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Omoluabi16(m): 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
godsluvee:
Let's set up an orphanage nah
hopefully, I would someday. It's my wish.
However you were concurring with someone there who made a malicious statement.

How are you today?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
kizyalex10:
One full catholic parish is equal to 500 parishes of RCCG combined.i mean when u check catholic,with different masses on Sunday 3 in. D morning nd 1 in d evening is filled to the brim of nt less than 5000 members for each service.

You dey hype like musicians....how many Catholic Church get 5,000 memebers..,,, even the cathedral wey dey warri no fit seat 2000 comfortable ....before den gomcall am over crowding.

Winners headquarters seats 50k and runs 5 services on Sunday ....my former branch in warri na 6,000 capacity and runs 3 services with overflows
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
livinbygrace:

You can count the number of catholic churches in a local government but you can't try that with rccg.So give it to rccg.
Around me here in d east i know only 1 redeemed apartment surrounded by 3 catholic churches.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
greenhulk:

U cannot just say Catholic church, they also have denominations.. just like Pentecostal churches (redeem, MFM, etc). The church with highest amount of parishes is RCCG by a wide margin.
What denominations?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
akigbemaru:
RCCG LEADS THE PACK AND ITS HEADQUARTER NOT EVEN IN NIGERIA BUT IN DALLAS, TEXAS ALL THE WAY IN USA.
What about those who have headquarter in their own country? heard of vatican city?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Around me here in d east i know only 1 redeemed apartment surrounded by 3 catholic churches.

Block rosary crusade center na wey you dey call Catholic Church ... . There is no where where you have three Catholic Church within a walking distance of another unless there are situated inside schools like seminaries as is the case in warri before now
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
yellow237:
RCCG ko it is only in lagos u will their biz center all over the place go other states and u begin to search for them it took me 2 months to c the first rccg parish in the north that shows u why they jst doing pure business

Stop lying ...two months ,which of the northern states did it take you two months to find a redeemed church ...stop lying ...it doesn't add to your account ...and how many months did you spend in that state?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:
hopefully, I would someday. It's my wish.
However you were concurring with someone there who made a malicious statement.

How are you today?
Don't get the guy wrong
See ehn, am not against Redeem, but their number is becoming unbearable. In my area, I have two Redeem Churches opposite each other competing tirelessly.
Please, we need more orphanage homes

I'm fine. U?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by NICENEDU29: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
babz007:
i think celestial church of Christ has the highest, every city, town you go, you will surely find one. which other churches do you know has lot of parishes?
That is not true. It is RCCG that has the highest number of parishes. If you go to the Eastern part of the Country, you will rarely see Celestial Church. But RCCG is like houseflies. You will see them in large numbers everywhere you go.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Block rosary crusade center na wey you dey call Catholic Church ... . There is no where where you have three Catholic Church within a walking distance of another unless there are situated inside schools like seminaries as is the case in warri before now
If u are talking block rosary then my parish alone has abt 50 centers, the over 20 legion of mary since we have 3 curia, then i've gat 3 church saying mass today each at a 5mins walk from each other and 2 more at abt 7min walk from each other.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
kevoh:

You can fool only those from down south who have never stepped out of their abode with the above comment, not those of us who have stayed, still stay in the North, have christian and muslim friends both those with moderate and extremist views and understand the christian, Islam and politics of the North.

Would have made more sense and given room for a decent conversation where others can learn but I refuse to engae you further since you can not be mature enough to start a conversation without insulting people. You will be ignored from now on.

Read your post and tell me if you deserve any better...you insult another's belief and place of worship as business center and I ask you to stop foaming in the mouth and it touches a raw nerve in you.

You can't take as much as you give...are you a better Christian than those who go to your so called business center..,can you find a sensible and scriptural defense for any of the religious practices that is the hallmark of your Catholic Church...

For a starter., give scriptural back up to Ash Wednesday and the ash you rub on your foreheads.....explain why the communion is just bread for memebers, infant baptism and finally explain why Peter spoke and all the apostles spoke in tongues but not your pope or Rev Frs....Jesus said in my name they shall speak in new tongues and do mighty works .......these signs shall follow them that believe , in my name they shall....see Mark 16:17-23 .........or Latin is the new tongue

I will rather go to a business center and learn and understand the practice there than be a member of a religious group because my parents happened to be one.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:
If u are talking block rosary then my parish alone has abt 50 centers, the over 20 legion of mary since we have 3 curia, then i've gat 3 church saying mass today each at a 5mins walk from each other and 2 more at abt 7min walk from each other.

Westin be the name of your street that has three Catholic Church make I find am for google map...legion of Mary and and block rosary na adherent or disciples of Mary .......the only door to the almighty na Jesus Christ
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Omoluabi16(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
godsluvee:
Don't get the guy wrong
See ehn, am not against Redeem, but their number is becoming unbearable. In my area, I have two Redeem Churches opposite each other competing tirelessly.
Please, we need more orphanage homes

I'm fine. U?
Well I sometimes do not agree with Nigeria's more church, more wickedness as we're witnessing now. However, that's one of the visions of the church, seeing one every 5mins walk. So they're not competing as you put it.Would you rather want a shepe/pot joint close by? thank God the lagos state government is regulating worship centres anyway.

I'm fine dear.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I don't actually know if you are replying me or some other person but winners has the largest church auditorium in the nation of Kenya,as her headquarters in that country and is in 192 counties of the world and is less than 50 years old as a ministry.

She runs 2 modern universities and thousand of secondary and primary schools around the world.....she has in her kitty liecense for 5 universities...four outside Nigeria and one .....university of marine engineering in calabar.

Alll in less than 45 years of her existence.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Faith_Church_Worldwide
You can check the link above. What you have said is not only false but exaggerated.
You claim they have 5 univerisities outside Nigeria.
Also these universities charge exorbitant fees which many members cant afford.
You said they are in 192 countries but what i read is a mere 65 countries which is little compared with the 240 countries where Jehovah's Witnesses are. At least from my count I ve been to 14 countries and there are Jehovah's Witnesses even in the Arab world like Lebanon, Palestine and Pakistan. I ve seen the kingdom halls in all these places i ve gone except UAE.
Your website is in only 2 languages English and French. So what happens to people who dont understand both. As for www.jw.org it is in about 321 languages ,the watchtower which has been since 1876 and the awake and countless publications are in nearly 600 languages making us the organization with the biggest translation team in the whole world. In a month over 50 million publications monthly. We have kingdom halls and assembly halls scattered all over the whole. We dont need to choke ourselves in a whole place all im the name of camp which is a strategy employed by GOs to maintain control over their flock. Cos if u assign a small unit under a pastor, one sharp guy wud carve out his own church and claim he has his calling.
Rather than break them into units sonu dont cause avoidable traffic gridlocknand make it easy for people to worship close to where they live they cramp them in an area to maintain control of people & tithes

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.modernghana.com/amp/news/169568/winners-chapel-battle-begins.html
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by chigoziri2403(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
kevoh:
The churches with high number of business centers a.k.a parishes are majorly located or saturated down South. They are only concerned in building more churches in a street that is already saturated with 7 to 10 churches. You wonder if it is the same christian god the churches on this street worship.

To them it's a competition of who has the highest number of business centers/parishes or auditoriums down south. Meanwhile, up north in Borno, Kano, Bauchi e.t.c where there are suppose to take their evangelism to and market themselves aggresively they will have zero or little presence there.
u spoke exactly what I was arguing today, take evangelism to where it's needed, you don't give medicine to someone that's not sick

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Mbediogu(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
anotherydz:
RCCG churches everywhere and pastors everywhere. At a time I thought they had more churches than pastors. grin

You are right but some of the churches are batchers with less than 8 parishioners.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by cyrilamx(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
Plz you don't even know that there are more Catholic universities in Nigeria than winners....Augustine university in Epe, Lagos is owned by the archdiocese of Lagos, caritas university, CUNA(catholic university Nigeria, Abuja is owned by Catholic Church...even now Loyola university run by jesuits Fathers, Geoffrey university...not to mentioned numerous seminaries and degree awarding institutions of the Catholic Church..it seems you don't know that education and health is synonymous with the Catholic Church. It is a divine institutions that have outlived her persecutors....Plz Winners Is an infant n can't get to a thousand miles where d Catholic Church is. If you want to know about d church then first u have to know that one of the achievements of the Catholic Church after the Edict of Milan which legalised Christianity throughout then known Roman world was the canonicity of the scripture and naming this sacred books the 'BIBLE'. Go and read the book, how the Catholic Church influence western civilisation and stop displaying ur ignorance here in defence of man-made churches that won't make headway after d exit of the founder. Even three of top most universities in the world today : Oxford, Cambridge in UK, and unicersity in Paris were founded by the Catholic Church. Academics gown worn today a matriculation and convocation were started to the Catholic Church in pattern of what her religious orders do wear as habit. My dear, without the Catholic Church, there won't be western civilisation.
Nodogragra4me:

Winners is less than 45 years. Enumerate the achievements of the Catholic Church in her first 100 years......and the Catholic university in Nigeria is just a little better than the shantytown built by Fr. Ede in Anambra state

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by riczy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
sirequity:
Forget business centers, we are talking about Church that even the Federal Government is afraid to touch or play with.

The simple answer is CATHOLIC
u ar ar wrong d Catholic church penetrate d govt,and even d highly placed govt officials ar members, zo y touch it,it becomes impregnable!
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Pweedycutie(f): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
kevoh:
The churches with high number of business centers a.k.a parishes are majorly located or saturated down South. They are only concerned in building more churches in a street that is already saturated with 7 to 10 churches. You wonder if it is the same christian god the churches on this street worship.

To them it's a competition of who has the highest number of business centers/parishes or auditoriums down south. Meanwhile, up north in Borno, Kano, Bauchi e.t.c where there are suppose to take their evangelism to and market themselves aggresively they will have zero or little presence there.
Bros I think itz because you are not residing in any northern state dtz why.
Well for your information. ..I stay in kano and I can tell you that the same way it is down south is the same here in the North mayb with a little diff. Lets say 10% out of 100%.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by PrettyEva(f): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Catholic church all the way
We're second to none, no doubt people!
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Faith_Church_Worldwide
You can check the link above. What you have said is not only false but exaggerated.
You claim they have 5 univerisities outside Nigeria.
Also these universities charge exorbitant fees which many members cant afford.
You said they are in 192 countries but what i read is a mere 65 countries which is little compared with the 240 countries where Jehovah's Witnesses are. At least from my count I ve been to 14 countries and there are Jehovah's Witnesses even in the Arab world like Lebanon, Palestine and Pakistan. I ve seen the kingdom halls in all these places i ve gone except UAE.
Your website is in only 2 languages English and French. So what happens to people who dont understand both. As for www.jw.org it is in about 321 languages ,the watchtower which has been since 1876 and the awake and countless publications are in nearly 600 languages making us the organization with the biggest translation team in the whole world. In a month over 50 million publications monthly. We have kingdom halls and assembly halls scattered all over the whole. We dont need to choke ourselves in a whole place all im the name of camp which is a strategy employed by GOs to maintain control over their flock. Cos if u assign a small unit under a pastor, one sharp guy wud carve out his own church and claim he has his calling.
Rather than break them into units sonu dont cause avoidable traffic gridlocknand make it easy for people to worship close to where they live they cramp them in an area to maintain control of people & tithes

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.modernghana.com/amp/news/169568/winners-chapel-battle-begins.html

There is clearly something wrong with your understanding of my English language because what I wrote was that the winners chapel sruns two universities and has license for five , one in Nigeria ....calabar ....marine university and four others outside the country in her bag.

As for the nations where the church is , the last Shiloh ,after Shiloh meetings would have being your guide and not wiki .......

As for units , I ask you this , how many units is good enough ........in every state of the federation the chapel has an headquarters and what you call units.......they have a criterion for breaking or planting new outreaches and unless it is attained ,they won't do any panting .

your church is over a two century old ...winners is just 45......that is it been mentioned shows in a thread like this shows how much it has achieved in so short a time....without adverts ,without owning a tv station ...largely on the basis of come and see.

You mentioned tithes control and fear of break up by pastors as a reason why we have large church halls but that your argument can be turned around for a pastor that needs to break out from a church would want to do so from a very big branch that has the population where he can hope to move away with maybe 10-20 percent of to his own church but a tiny church of 20 people ,where are you breaking to? Even if all twenty goes with you, you know how much is electricity bill in Nigeria for just one month for a church ....hope you know that apart from tax that the church pays for every other thing including signpost.....ask Nigeria why it decided on states instead of regionalism and the answer would be to have a weakened units ...the bigger the greater the threat of secession.....so that you argument no make sense at all

You mentioned universities and fees .....if universities is a profitable venture , it would be in every local government of Anambra state because there is no local government in that state that doesn't have at least two individuals that can fund the establishment of a university but you see ,it is only those with crazy passion for human development that pours their resources into university ventures....no profit driven individual will ever do it .....there is no single private university in the south east today that is not being funded by one church or the other ...........if it was profitable , Nnewi alone would have at a least 20 ........... those Yoruba elders that have done it ,I doff my cap for them.....by the way how much is the fee for Jesuit college?

Your church should be competing with the Catholic not winners in terms of world spread and wealth but it is a far cry.........

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by kevoh(m): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pweedycutie:

Bros I think itz because you are not residing in any northern state dtz why.
Well for your information. ..I stay in kano and I can tell you that the same way it is down south is the same here in the North mayb with a little diff. Lets say 10% out of 100%.
I'm in Kaduna presently!
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
cyrilamx:
Plz you don't even know that there are more Catholic universities in Nigeria than winners....Augustine university in Epe, Lagos is owned by the archdiocese of Lagos, caritas university, CUNA(catholic university Nigeria, Abuja is owned by Catholic Church...even now Loyola university run by jesuits Fathers, Geoffrey university...not to mentioned numerous seminaries and degree awarding institutions of the Catholic Church..it seems you don't know that education and health is synonymous with the Catholic Church. It is a divine institutions that have outlived her persecutors....Plz Winners Is an infant n can't get to a thousand miles where d Catholic Church is. If you want to know about d church then first u have to know that one of the achievements of the Catholic Church after the Edict of Milan which legalised Christianity throughout then known Roman world was the canonicity of the scripture and naming this sacred books the 'BIBLE'. Go and read the book, how the Catholic Church influence western civilisation and stop displaying ur ignorance here in defence of man-made churches that won't make headway after d exit of the founder. Even three of top most universities in the world today : Oxford, Cambridge in UK, and unicersity in Paris were founded by the Catholic Church. Academics gown worn today a matriculation and convocation were started to the Catholic Church in pattern of what her religious orders do wear as habit. My dear, without the Catholic Church, there won't be western civilisation.

All these universities you have mentioned , put up a photo of any of them juxtaposed with any of the two universities being runner by a 45 years old commission......they have building like that shantytown built by Fr. Ede in Anambra state......one big storey building and a collection of 'huts' scattered everywhere........lawns unattended to etc .....just pick the most beautiful of them and put it up here.

Something must influence the extant cultures of any nation and if the Catholic did it back then it is because she was around then.......you worry or concern should be how have they influenced today's Christianity......the revival of the church today is led by the so called Pentecostal churches otherwise many orthodox churches and buildings are now relics in Europe and America
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
RCCG. Redeemed men. Dem no get rival. For my street dem get like 4 parishes. I never even consider the ones wey dey main road.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
donvicky2007:
People are quick to forget that Catholic Church is everywhere you go, even in Sokoto , Borno state you will still find Catholic Church

Wrong. One can say their parishes are spread wider across Nigeria since they are in almost every state. But in Sothern Nigeria where the bulk of Christians are. RCCG clearly has the most parishes. They also have in the North too but not at the same level. I have to take a bike to reach the nearest Catholic church in my side and I stay around Ogba. Then the one after that leads me to Ikeja. 3 RCCG churches are just a trekking distance from my house in comparison.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by babz007(m): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
i asked a simple question but they have turned this thread to a battle of churches why are there so much religious extremist this days haba, are we not all christians
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Easy1401(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Baptist nii Joor
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by cardinal12: 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Catholic and Anglican churches are located in every community both urban and rural

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" / Pictures Of Late Pope Benedict's Body Lying In His Home Chapel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.