Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters (5159 Views)

Obasa: 64 Bank Accounts Linked To BVN Of Lagos Assembly Speaker- SaharaReporters / Precious Chikwendu Feeds Femi Fani-Kayode To Prove Saharareporters Wrong (Video) / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SGTsmith001: 9:52am On Mar 26, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
These people are rogues! The only set of people who support them, are the ipob yoots who are not even Nigerians..
. Ogbonna .is like you want to cry this morning.you better respect urself now
The-revelation is talking
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by rusher14: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2017
ivandragon:

there should be a caution sign attached to your moniker which should read:

"WARNING! the owner of this moniker is a savant"...

A savant is actually a title of excellence.

Most geniuses are regarded as savants.

Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by ivandragon: 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
rusher14:

A savant is actually a title of excellence.

Most geniuses are regarded as savants.

it is not a title of excellence.

I use that word because I know most people like the person I referred to are not totally dumb or stupid. they MIGHT actually be good in performing some other tasks, but when it comes to certain issues, especially those bothering on sociopolitcal matters, there is a profound display of childishness & anti social behaviour.

of course I am sure you know that there is also the idiot savant... but that's by the way...
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by rusher14: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
ivandragon:

it is not a title of excellence.

I use that word because I know most people like the person I referred to are not totally dumb or stupid. they MIGHT actually be good in performing some other tasks, but when it comes to certain issues, especially those bothering on sociopolitcal matters, there is a profound display of childishness & anti social behaviour.

of course I am sure you know that there is also the idiot savant... but that's by the way...

Without specificity I stand corrected.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
But where is Mynd44 sef

Lalasticlala pls forgive the sins of the owners of the containers.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by arewafederation: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
undecided what crime did he commit?

Stop asking dumb questions!
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
in the remote chance you are correct... what is the crime he's committed? Thanks for your anticipated quick response

arewafederation:

Stop asking dumb questions!
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by greenmonk: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
Your action is exactly what the man is complaining about. Are you fighting corruption with one eye?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by AngelicBeing: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

We see why a lot of lions are been led by donkeys ........
grin grin cheesy
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by arewafederation: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
in the remote chance you are correct... what is the crime he's committed? Thanks for your anticipated quick response

Calling on the CG to break the law by releasing a fraudulently imported item.

Doesn't that tell you how corrupt these senators are?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
arewafederation:

Calling on the CG to break the law by releasing a fraudulently imported item.

Doesn't that tell you how corrupt these senators are?
Thank you for your succinct clarification. But did you by chance read the last paragraph which advised the CG to look into it subject to the internal mechanisms of the Customs? I am sure you can see that clearly.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by ciggy000(m): 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:
30 containers ? I thought rice importation was banned ? No wonder they want to humiliate Ali. Buhari should remove Magu, and make Ali EFCC chairman.
At least, EFCC no get uniform .......
rice importation through d sea port was not banned provided its appropriate duties are paid. FG only banned rice coming in through land borders due to duties evasion through smuggling
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by arewafederation: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Thank you for your succinct clarification. But did you by chance read the last paragraph which advised the CG to look into it subject to the internal mechanisms of the Customs? I am sure you can see that clearly.

Yes i did.
Can you kindly explain further what he meant by that?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
what law(s) did he break by so doing?

arewafederation:

Yes i did.
Can you kindly explain further what he meant by that?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by dunkem21(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nothing wrong with the letter cool

1 Like

Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by arewafederation: 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Answering question with a question?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Lexusgs430: 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
ciggy000:

rice importation through d sea port was not banned provided its appropriate duties are paid. FG only banned rice coming in through land borders due to duties evasion through smuggling

And a senator is getting involved in rice importation through the sea port and avoiding to pay such duties? If the appropriate duties were paid, the containers would not be seized?
Who exactly does he want to feed with 30 containers of imported rice?
Why did he not contact rice farmers in Nigeria to sell him 30 containers of rice?
Imagine the forex involved in this transaction?
What happened to grow the Naira?
Abeg, make I rest my tired finger.... ....
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
For you to applaud the Senate as a house of fraudsters needs you to coherently prove it to be true... I am very open to your proof... please let's have it. Thank you.

arewafederation:

Answering question with a question?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by kolomax(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

do you know that he made a false declaration on the paper instead of rice he said it's yeast I believe you now know the rule he broke
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
Did you also READ that he requested the Customs investigate and punish the agent for a fake declaration USING THEIR INTERNAL MECHANISMS?

kolomax:
do you know that he made a false declaration on the paper instead of rice he said it's yeast I believe you now know the rule he broke
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Caveatemptor(m): 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Customs and Excise Act (CEMA) states that any goods wrongly classified,with the intent to avoid payment of duty or payment of lower duties or with the intent to mislead/deceive an officer...
Such goods are liable to seizure and forfeiture to the Federal government of Nigeria.

So if an importer imported 30 containers of rice which pays a high duty of 100% of the value and decided to enter it as Yeast that pays duty of 10% of value that is an attempt to fraudulently evade appropriate customs duty.
Penalty-Seizure.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by ciggy000(m): 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

And a senator is getting involved in rice importation through the sea port and avoiding to pay such duties? If the appropriate duties were paid, the containers would not be seized?
Who exactly does he want to feed with 30 containers of imported rice?
Why did he not contact rice farmers in Nigeria to sell him 30 containers of rice?
Imagine the forex involved in this transaction?
What happened to grow the Naira?
Abeg, make I rest my tired finger.... ....
am not here to castigate anybody whether mr senator or mr minister but u raised a wrong impression which I corrected perhaps u were misinformed or u opted for d grapevine. I still insist rice importation through d sea ports is very legal.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Caveatemptor(m): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
ciggy000:

am not here to castigate anybody whether mr senator or mr minister but u raised a wrong impression which I corrected perhaps u were misinformed or u opted for d grapevine. I still insist rice importation through d sea ports is very legal.

You are right to extent,but goods must be properly entered on documents.
Rice can not be entered as Yeast. This is wrong classification of goods.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Caveatemptor(m): 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Did you also READ that he requested the Customs investigate and punish the agent for a fake declaration USING THEIR INTERNAL MECHANISMS?

Agent is the representative of the importer .
In the (CEMA) Customs and Excise management act it is assumed the clearing agent is acting on behalf of the importer.
The penalty for fraudulent evasion of appropriate duty to the (1)Importer-Forfeiture of goods to the government. (2)Agent-Forfeiture of his licence and a outright ban from operating the licence in any Customs formation nation wide.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
If found culpable.
Caveatemptor:

Agent is the representative of the importer .
In the (CEMA) Customs and Excise management act it is assumed the clearing agent is acting on behalf of the importer.
The penalty for fraudulent evasion of appropriate duty to the (1)Importer-Forfeiture of goods to the government. (2)Agent-Forfeiture of his licence and a outright ban from operating the licence in any Customs formation nation wide.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Caveatemptor(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
If found culpable.

What people do not understand is that the laws under which the Customs service operates is different. Customs operates under the CEMA and the powers given to the Comptroller General of Customs is more than that of a minister.
Customs has total powers to seize goods and once such goods are condemned in a court after three months the goods are liable to auction.
The CEMA is on the customs website and hard copies available at government printing press,Boundary,Ajegunle.
Nigerians need to educate themselves.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
customs should make their duties transparent so that agents and officers tuatua collabo will cease.

Caveatemptor:

What people do not understand is that the laws under which the Customs service operates is different. Customs operates under the CEMA and the powers given to the Comptroller General of Customs is more than that of a minister.
Customs has total powers to seize goods and once such goods are condemned in a court after three months the goods are liable to auction.
The CEMA is on the customs website and hard copies available at government printing press,Boundary,Ajegunle.
Nigerians need to educate themselves.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Sweetguy25: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
This happens all over the world, what's the big deal here?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Caveatemptor(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
customs should make their duties transparent so that agents and officers tuatua collabo will cease.

The e copy of CEMA is on their website.
The hard copy is available at any Federal government printing press. Not more than 3000 Naira.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by SmartchoicesNG: 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
like it contains their spurious valuations undecided undecided

Caveatemptor:

The e copy of CEMA is on their website.
The hard copy is available at any Federal government printing press. Not more than 3000 Naira.
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Okanokan(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:
we have a lot of rogues there

criminal minds all over the senate

Sarrki i agree with you completely, however Governmental instututions around the globe are not immune from thieves finding themselves in Government, the story making the round on net is that most of these seized rice etc find thier way to the north; a case of modern day Robinhood through the help of Custom leadership. How true is this?
Re: FLASH: Nigerian Senate Of Fraudsters- Saharareporters by Sufisunni: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
No wonder they are on vendetta mission

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Step-down From The Throne If Buhari Win – (emir Vows) / PDP Budgets In 16 Years Vs APC For 6 Years, Be The Judge / Two Notable Nigerians Who Have Rejoiced Over The Taliban Invasion Of Afghanistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.