Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,091 members, 7,807,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) (1170 Views)

White Man Falls As He Carries His Yoruba Bride During Traditional Wedding / Couple Use Tipper For Their Wedding Umuahia, Abia State (Photo) / Two Brothers To Be Buried The Same Day After Their Deaths In Imo State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) by Techpady: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2017
- On Saturday, March 25, Ekiti state residents witnessed 'snowfall' during the rain that started at about 4 pm

- There was huge excitement in Ado-Ekiti when the incident happened
The snow-like stone fell in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday at about 4 pm
On Saturday, March 25, Ekiti state residents witnessed 'snowfall' during the rain that started at about 4 pm.

Punch reports that the there was excitement in Ado-Ekiti when the incident happened.

NAIJ Gathered that some residents of Ekiti state University in Ado-Ekiti and the Federal Polytechnic in the state took pictures of the white solid substance.

A witness said many student rushed outside to watch the 'snowfall' which lasted for about 40 minutes.

One of the students, a fresh graduate of EKSU said: "I have not seen snow in this magnitude before, I’m really excited. It is a lovely experience.”

Another witness Kemi Fadairo said the size of the snow was the biggest she had seen.

“I have been seeing snows fall but these are the biggest I have seen,”Fadairo said.

The rain, gathered started stoning residents' doors with the snow causing fear among residents, who peeped through their windows to observe if it was an intruder.
“We thought it was somebody playing pranks, so we peeped through the window to see who it was to know whether to shout for help.

Another student, a Laboratory scientist Olawale Hafeez said:"It was then we discovered it was snow falling from the sky and hitting the door hard. I also joined in taking photographs."

Source:

http://TechPaded.NetXid.Com

Re: JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) by QueenSuccubus(f): 8:32am On Mar 26, 2017
That's hailstorm ooo... embarassed

Aaww..Nigeria must have a cool weather atm... grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 26, 2017
Snowfall kor, snowhite & the 7 dwarfs ni grin

These are called ice pellets, not snow lol.
Re: JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) by mexxmoney: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2017
That's not snow, Those are hailstones from a hailstorm
Re: JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo) by Techpady: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2017
Itz bcs the stone is mixed with sand thz why u saw it like that, but this is confirmed on Naij.Com Also...

(1) (Reply)

Breakfree Talent Hunt 2019 / Learn How To Decorate At Home Without Going School Of It / Searching For A Wedding Dress And Invitation Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.