Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

New Laws For Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Laws For Christians? (405 Views)

Biblical Laws For Rape / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Laws For Christians? by SHOPPERS(m): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2017
I was considering Hebrews 10:1 over the night and I discovered a very simple but scary truth.
"The law..... Can never....... make perfect
those who draw near to worship."
Heb. 10:1 NIV
Now that seems clear enough but the problem is with the fact that our Church leaders abandoned the said old testament laws and came up with new ones. Still, the same truth applies, No law no matter how repackaged can ever make perfect those who draw near to worship.
It is unjustifiable to assume that some part of the old laws are right and keep to them while others can be done away with. Churches just pick whichever ones suit them and modify it. Still, Christianity as one man of God clearly explained is not about dos and don'ts. It is about done, done, done! Christ has done it all. No matter the amount of good you do, it just won't qualify you, only the blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse you from sin.
It is never by how perfect or justified your doctrines are or how strict you keep to them. It is about God's saving grace purchased by the blood of the slain Lamb of God.
I pray God opens our eyes of understanding more and more.

For further insights, please study the books of Romans and Hebrews.
Happy Easter celebrations in advance.
Re: New Laws For Christians? by ochobaba(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2017
News laws by church or new laws by God
Re: New Laws For Christians? by MuttleyLaff: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2017
SHOPPERS:
I was considering Hebrews 10:1 over the night and I discovered a very simple but scary truth.
"The law..... Can never....... make perfect
those who draw near to worship."
Heb. 10:1 NIV
Now that seems clear enough but the problem is with the fact that our Church leaders abandoned the said old testament laws and came up with new ones. Still, the same truth applies, No law no matter how repackaged can ever make perfect those who draw near to worship.
It is unjustifiable to assume that some part of the old laws are right and keep to them while others can be done away with. Churches just pick whichever ones suit them and modify it. Still, Christianity as one man of God clearly explained is not about dos and don'ts. It is about done, done, done! Christ has done it all. No matter the amount of good you do, it just won't qualify you, only the blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse you from sin.
It is never by how perfect or justified your doctrines are or how strict you keep to them.
It is about God's saving grace purchased by the blood of the slain Lamb of God.
I pray God opens our eyes of understanding more and more.
For further insights, please study the books of Romans and Hebrews.
Happy Easter celebrations in advance
For Moses said,
'The Lord your God will raise up to you a prophet like me out from your brothers.
You will listen to Him in all things, as many as He might say to you

- Acts 3:22

For if you believe Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me
- John 5:46

What we are to follow, is what and all that we read or heard God the Son in the person of Jesus Christ explicitly says or said we should
Anything else Jesus didnt explicitly command believers to do is no longer needed or useful
Where Jesus explicitly commands, is the litmus test for knowing which laws are right to keep, whilst others are to/can be done away with

"But I warn you -
unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees,
you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!

- Matthew 5:20

Christ is the end of the Law,
in order to bring righteousness to everyone who believes

- Romans 10:4

It's true that, we need grace because according to Matthew 5:20, it is impossible to be more righteousness or faithful than the scribes & Pharisees.
Grace is needed for realising the right righteousness found in Romans 10:4 above
then needed for using it to make this righteousness become a reality within reach and in the end be something that is within

ochobaba:
News laws by church or new laws by God
New laws by God the Son, who came down to earth, in the person of Jesus Christ
God is interested in the spirit of the law more than the letter

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Distance From The Sky To The Ground Where We Stand / What Is Your Favorite Gospel Movie / Get A Cheap Shipping Rate (about 70% Discount Off) Important Note For DHL:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.