Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why (661 Views)

Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. / Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / Daughter Gets Her Mother An Iphone 7 On Mothers Day, Her Reaction Is Epic (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by MVLOX(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2017
Older mothers are less likely to scold or
punish their young children, and those
children tend to have fewer behavioral,
social and emotional problems, a new study
suggests.
According to researchers from Aarhus
University in Denmark, older moms tend to
have more stable relationships , are more
educated, and have more wealth and
resources.
“We know that people become more
mentally flexible with age, are more tolerant
of other people and thrive better emotionally
themselves,” researcher Dion Sommer said
in a university news release.
“That’s why psychological maturity may
explain why older mothers do not scold and
physically discipline their children as
much,” he added.

“This style of parenting can thereby
contribute to a positive psychosocial
environment, which affects the children’s
upbringing,” Sommer explained.
The researchers noted that these benefits
were seen in children when they were ages
7 and 11, but not when they were age 15.
In the study, the investigators looked at data
from a random sample of just over 4,700
Danish mothers. The findings showed that,
in 2015, the average age at pregnancy in
this group was about 31, which means that
most Danish children today are born when
their mother is over 30 years old.
Many experts advise women not to wait too
long to have children, due to declining
fertility and increased risk of problems such
as miscarriage, preterm birth and birth
defects.
“However, when estimating the
consequences of the rising maternal age , it’s
important to consider both the physical and
psychosocial pros and cons,” Sommer said.
The study was published recently in
the European Journal of Developmental
Psychology .

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/older-moms-may-raise-better-behaved-kids-heres-why/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0h&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58d6497a04d30174b52ff8e5&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by dingbang(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2017
What are you saying.. If you carry baby give grandma make she take care of am, dat kid will learn manners and u will be shocked!
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by MVLOX(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
What are you saying.. If you carry baby give grandma make she take care of am, dat kid will learn manners and u will be shocked!

The point is Dat ladies that give birth a late or very late age tend to knw how to raise children more than young mothers who re in the habit of beating children frequently
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by dingbang(m): 10:15am On Mar 26, 2017
MVLOX:

The point is Dat ladies that give birth a late or very late age tend to knw how to raise children more than young mothers who re in the habit of beating children frequently
lol its normal to spank kids lightly .. Else they won't learn..
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by MVLOX(m): 10:26am On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
lol its normal to spank kids lightly .. Else they won't learn..

Not all the time bro... I just got promoted from teaching grade 2 kids who were so unruly cuz they were given the room to by the previous teachers.... In less than a month Dat I taught dem b4 I was promoted to the secondary section I neva spanked any of dem yet they seem to be beta behaved and the truth is that dey miss me and would love to have me back..... The truth is like my VP puts it.... Give this kids ur rules and stick to the rules punishment should be meted but I wouldnt go for Spanking or worst case flogging with cane
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by dingbang(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2017
MVLOX:

Not all the time bro... I just got promoted from teaching grade 2 kids who were so unruly cuz they were given the room to by the previous teachers.... In less than a month Dat I taught dem b4 I was promoted to the secondary section I neva spanked any of dem yet they seem to be beta behaved and the truth is that dey miss me and would love to have me back..... The truth is like my VP puts it.... Give this kids ur rules and stick to the rules punishment should be meted but I wouldnt go for Spanking or worst case flogging with cane
lol you aren't in d right position to spank or flog a child that's not yours. That is the duty of the parents. The only reason why you were promoted is because you acted according to best teaching practices.. And not parenting practices. They are two different things
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by MVLOX(m): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
lol you aren't in d right position to spank or flog a child that's not yours. That is the duty of the parents. The only reason why you were promoted is because you acted according to best teaching practices.. And not parenting practices. They are two different things

U might just be correct there.... Parents may nid to occasionally spank a kid to drive home the point... While a teacher will have to mete out a non coporal punishment to drive home the point
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by dingbang(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2017
MVLOX:

U might just be correct there.... Parents may nid to occasionally spank a kid to drive home the point... While a teacher will have to mete out a non coporal punishment to drive home the point
cool pls continue your good works and I pray other teachers learn from you

1 Like

Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by MVLOX(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
cool pls continue your good works and I pray other teachers learn from you

Thank you sir and I sure will... That reminds me... Am currently been considered to serve as the next HOD or head teacher at the school o work with... I still don't knw if am up to the task cha but I sure knw that doing my work quietly has been speaking for me so loud....
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by dingbang(m): 11:28am On Mar 26, 2017
MVLOX:

Thank you sir and I sure will... That reminds me... Am currently been considered to serve as the next HOD or head teacher at the school o work with... I still don't knw if am up to the task cha but I sure knw that doing my work quietly has been speaking for me so loud....
wow.. At such an early age.. Its a good office if you succeed in the shortlisting . well I know being a head teacher comes with a lot of responsibilities but in this, you are going to be more like a counsellor.. An advice giver. I suggest that if you are lucky , u should demand for a secretary.
Re: Mothers Day Special: Older Moms May Raise Better- Behaved Kids – Here ' S Why by MVLOX(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
wow.. At such an early age.. Its a good office if you succeed in the shortlisting . well I know being a head teacher comes with a lot of responsibilities but in this, you are going to be more like a counsellor.. An advice giver. I suggest that if you are lucky , u should demand for a secretary.

Thank u.. I sure will take dis wise words to heart

(1) (Reply)

Happiness Is When You Acknowledge That Family Is Everything. / What Is Your Say On This? / Dowry And Bride Price Are Not The Same Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.