Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? (45503 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Onyeoguego: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime
see ur mouth

u tink evribdy is extravagant like u?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by tribalistseun: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
For this Buhari regime?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Shegzy8(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

I mean a government-mandated health insurance policy...?

I think you are talking about nhis-national health insurance scheme....it enables you to pay just 10% of the asking price(bill) and drugs
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by LordVoldemort(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
dingbang:
dats only when you are employed in good companies.. And since its so hard to come by good jobs here.. Its difficult for families to afford hospital bills..

Most times I tell myself I won't even want to marry a Nigerian.. I just picture myself relocating to a more civilised country where the government has regard for her citizens

You can get Health insurance as low as 40k for a year.

Back to the topic everything boils down to you. The standard of living you want for ytour family. With that income you won't daer sayt u wanna live in ikoyi you know ur area is ikorodu, somolu, agege.

You dare not say you want to drive range sport ur choice of car will be camry pencil

You just gotta cut your coat according to ur size. Some families survived with a lot less than that

4 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?
You guys are both graduates, there is hope of a better future.
With love and careful planning, you can start a family on that.
First things first, respect yourself and go for a quiet wedding. Marriage meltdown usually starts from wedding spending.
Secondly, embrace family planning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by brain247(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime
my guy all fingers are not equal,some people can spend that 100k in a club,and another person can also raise a family with that same amount.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

So u mean that the Nigerian government dont have this mandatory health insurance program? undecided
We have one useless National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) that serves the interest of the rich and the fraudsters called politicians.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by egorov(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

So u mean that the Nigerian government dont have this mandatory health insurance program? undecided
Nigeria has National Health Insurance Scheme. nihs which covers father, mother and three children.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Gkemz: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
u can invest and diversify into other ventures in order to complement to ur income. 60k plus 40k may not be enough to start a home though it all depends on ur expenditures.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by tofolo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
We have insurance in Nigeria pls it's called National Health Insurance Scheme you can browse it.
QueenSuccubus:

Oohh I see...that's really bad boo... undecided only the rich will be given the priority then COZ they got a dough.. embarassed
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by COdeGenesis: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
PeakMilkOfTexas:
There's is no need rushing into marriage, because once you both tie the knot, pregnancy comes and then kids.. Work harder and Save up more money! God knows every man's heart and his will must definitely spread in due time. #peace
if husband earns 60k and wife earns 50k. It's OK to start a family with one kid. How much be school fees? Everything is planning and understanding

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by adioolayi(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
SirAweezy:

Op take this advice at your own peril! My best advice plan and have other little source of income. (well if you stay outside lagos, PH, Abj. Hmm just have another extra thing doing. You have been warned)

I don't know you... I don't know your worth... But I do know that if you are in Nigeria and you take a good look around you (Market places, offices, schools, church, mosques etc) .... sizeable average income earners that look good are probably earning less than 60K....
#Fact

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Turaki4Presiden: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
KennyID17:

Nope!! At least, best to my knowledge, I know of none in this kunt-try!

NHIS
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Greedgod: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
PeakMilkOfTexas:
There's is no need rushing into marriage, because once you both tie the knot, pregnancy comes and then kids.. Work harder and Save up more money! God knows every man's heart and his will must definitely spread in due time. #peace
u wil like it

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hmmm combined 100k. For where! That's 1.2m per annum

The Two of you will pay about 200k in tax. Leaving you with 1m.

Now, accommodation, feeding, transport, babies, saving, health, unforeseen contingencies... Biko be patient.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Betsee: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Sisqoman:
I can't answer dis question... cus am Okada Rider
some okada riders make more than 100k in a month alone.. the thing with whute collar jobs is just the name it carries

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Cuntslayer: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
digoster:
Make una wait small make buhari finish dis tenure cool

grin grin grin

This got me rolling on the floor cheesy grin smiley
chai

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by jazinogold(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

shocked

Don't tell me Nigeria don't have health insurance ? shocked
of course we have Bendel Insurance

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by JCBOY4LIFE: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bluezy13:
Yea very possible.

It depends on you
I truly agree with u. it all depends on individual's personality.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
All of you shouting the government this and that,Nigeria this and that, talking of moving to another country that is more civilized.... Well guess what....

You are all part of the uncivilized country you want to leave behind,you are part of the government, you elected this set of leaders to man this country, either good or bad...you are also part of the bad leaders and the good ones....if the civilized country that you want to move to citizens elected bad leaders and keep on repeating it every four(4) years,will that country develop,will you still classify that country as a civilized country...I hope you all get something from this write up....

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

Priority sir
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by SirAweezy(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
No its not bad thinking the right way... but come why do you want to drag yourself down... marriage to be honest is morethan being an understanding couple.... money is the Soul of this Union.(so many unforeseen circumstances, like health issues etc) Please while you insist on going ahead with the marriage don't fail to always identify opportunities.

But before then get ready to drink garri oooo. Godbless you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by pendusky(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?

Yes. it depends on your mindset.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
kevinberry:
All of you shouting the government this and that,Nigeria this and that, talking of moving to another country that is more civilized.... Well guess what....

You are all part of the uncivilized country you want to leave behind,you are part of the government, you elected this set of leaders to man this country, either good or bad...you are also part of the bad leaders and the good ones....if the civilized country that you want to move to citizens elected bad leaders and keep on repeating it every four(4) years,will that country develop,will you still classify that country as a civilized country...I hope you all get something from this write up....
cc: dingbang queensuccubus
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Ebieng: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
You can start a family with 60,000 naira. It all depends on you. If you are the type that do your shopping in Dubai and order your meals from Jumia, that money will not be enough for two days. They are so many Nigerians who earn less than that and their children are in private schools.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Ruler2: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=FvckShiT post=54960252]absolutely fůcking not

[/quote
I have no idea why I like you cheesy
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by PeakMilkOfTexas(f): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
COdeGenesis:
if husband earns 60k and wife earns 50k. It's OK to start a family with one kid. How much be school fees? Everything is planning and understanding
With the way cost of goods and services have increased, I doubt if that's possible. And another thing, he also has to save for the rainy day! #myopinion
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by othniel1234: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
get lost who you help if you spend such amount
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by dukeprince50: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

I mean a government-mandated health insurance policy...?

you are speaking english my dear, we dont have government, we dont have health insurance, no need to combine the words when we are yet to have one
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Teawhy2011: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Evn if I c 40k salaried-job as I dey nw,I'm good to go o!
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by router123(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
If you can think enough, what u have is enough. DAVID OYEDEPO
IF u look arround u will c gateman who collects 10k per mount who have successfully train children in d university.
U would see people who earn almost nothing become something in there life and achieve must.
Stay there they do big buy.
You mean 100k is not enough to start a family.
How did ur own father start? My father never had the equivalent of that when he started. Yet he died a millionaire.
I saw el rufai's pic when he just married here on Nairaland.
You have seen bishop Oyedepo's pix when he just started here in Nairaland. If you wait till u earn 1million u will clock 50 without married
The financial responsibilities that will come out of the marriage are driving force that will put creativity hard work and business ideas that will make you wealthy into ur life
That is my 1 cent

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau / Should I End The The Relationship? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.