Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo (2514 Views)

Joshua Beckford, Oxford University Youngest Student, Admitted At 6, Graduated 14 / Meet The Tallest Student In Ghana, 14-Year-Old Kwame (Photos) / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:50am On Mar 26, 2017
He may be younger than their children but one of Britain’s
brainiest children, a Muslim, has been hired by a University
to help adults with their sums as reported by Daily Mail.
Yasha Asley, 14, is employed by the University of Leicester
– where he is also a degree student – to run tutorials.
He became the youngest ever student at the University and
is now the youngest ever employee.

Yasha was interviewed and offered the paid job when he
was just 13–years old – beating adult applicants. Admin
staff had to apply to Leicester city council for special
permission to employ him because he was so young.
The weekly tutorials Yasha runs are for adult students who
need help and support solving problems following lectures.
Proud Yasha said:
‘I am having the best years
of my life. I love going to
university and I love my new
job helping other students.
No more school uniform for
me thank you very much.’
Yasha, who has been dubbed a ‘human calculator’, is now in
his final year and plans to start a Phd when he finishes his
course.
The child genius attended a state primary school before
winning his place to study degree level maths at just 12
years old in 2014.
He was the first child in the
world to achieve an A grade
in maths A Level scoring
100 per cent and 99 per
cent in two of the six papers
when he was just 8 years
old.
He passed more A levels in maths and statistics aged 9 and
After finishing year 6 at primary he went straight to
University. Of his achievements, Yasha said:
‘I love maths because it is
an exact science. It is the
only science where you can
prove what you say is
correct. It is so easy and an
enjoyable subject to study.’
Proud father Moussa Asley, 53, who raised him single-
handedly at their home in Leicester, said his son had been
made welcome by staff and students alike.
Mr Asley, who drives his son to lectures every day, said:
‘I am just so proud watching
him flourish and grow doing
something he loves.
He is so good at
understanding problems
and explaining them in a
clear way he is perfect for
the job.'

http://muslimcouncil.org.hk/14-year-old-muslim-boy-dubbed-the-human-calculator-becomes-a-british-universitys-youngest-employee-teaching-adults-maths/

3 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Flexherbal(m): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Congratulations to him!
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by baddo11(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
We've got alot of them here in Nigeria....but why the tag MUSLIM boy?

6 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by thelastmediator: 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Genius!
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Winna01(m): 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
He'll probably end up being a lecturer and achieve nothing. Please he should do something better when he's older.

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by tintall(m): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
baddo11:

To show that not all Muslim are terrorists and are capable of doing good!
Lalasticlala please do the needful jare

3 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Ikigia: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
undecided.....Muslim Genius
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
baddo11:
Did you mean we've lecturers who're not up to 15 years old in Nigeria universities..?? And did not go to secondary school ,...from primary to tertiary.. institution..

I doubt it bro..!!!

2 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by mu2sa2: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Winna01:
He'll probably end up being a lecturer and achieve nothing. Please he should do something better when he's older.
Believe me, we have a long way to go in this country with people thinking like this. What do you mean by he will achieve nothing as a lecturer? Being a lecturer itself is an achievement. At just 14 this boy is a world-acclaimed genius - he has already achieved a great deal, infact, if you don't know. And he will achieve more even if he chooses to remain in the academics - for he will be grooming people to take on responsibilities in society. Maybe you're thinking atypical Nigerian who sees "achievement " only in terms of material acquisitions, even if ill-gotten (like thieving politicians, pastorenuers, yahoo-yahoo boys).

4 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by firstclassmumu: 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
I know him. The guy the calculate with him head. His dad is a CHRISTIAN
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by busar(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
baddo11:
If the news were to be about an attack now you wouldn't have said this

2 Likes

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Winna01(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
mu2sa2:
Believe me, we have a long way to go in this country with people thinking like this. What do you mean by he will achieve nothing as a lecturer? Being a lecturer itself is an achievement. At just 14 this boy is a world-acclaimed genius - he has already achieved a great deal, infact, if you don't know. And he will achieve more even if he chooses to remain in the academics - for he will be grooming people to take on responsibilities in society. Maybe you're thinking atypical Nigerian who sees "achievement " only in terms of material acquisitions, even if ill-gotten (like thieving politicians, pastorenuers, yahoo-yahoo boys).
I've said mine, you've said yours. Life goes on "non-typical Nigerian"
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Bnladan(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
baddo11:
because if a terrorist who claims 2 be a Muslim does evil the media tag him "Muslim terrorist". For being special now we tag him "Muslim boy". After all he is a boy and a muslim.

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Allahu akbar.
God knows by that age, I still de JS3.
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Emestar1999: 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Chai! While our 14 years old children are still eating indomie and egg here.
Re: 14-year-old Muslim Genius Becomes British University’s Youngest Lectural- photo by Swizdoe(m): 1:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Well he is lucky to be born in the UK...

If he was in Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia or even borno 5he story would have been different

(1) (Reply)

Words Frequently Used In Nigeria Not Found In The Dictionary / Unilag Hostel Balloting For Freshers(utme& DE) / Pls Any News On Auchi Poly Post Ume Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.