Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

SO SAD!!!! Sony To Stop The Production Of Playstation 3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / SO SAD!!!! Sony To Stop The Production Of Playstation 3 (1249 Views)

In Need Of Playstation Console Dealers In Lagos. You Know Any ? / Ken Kutaraji The 'father Of Playstation' / PS4 Owners In Need Of Playstation Network Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SO SAD!!!! Sony To Stop The Production Of Playstation 3 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sony has been taking steps to retire the console since last year. It
released the last first-party PS3 title in October. In August this year, the console will no longer be able to
access PS Now. The PS3 turned 10 in November 2016, and since Sony consoles have a 10-year life cycle, this doesn't really come as a surprise. Still a sad news for fans who continue to game on the PS3, though. After the production stops, the company is bound to stop rolling out updates and supporting its titles on the PS Store, as well.
Sony is ready to lay the PlayStation 3 to rest, a little over 10 years after the first model was released. Gematsu
and Japanese website Gamestalk
have discovered that the company will "soon" stop the PS3's production in its home country. Sony made the revelation on the 500GB black PS3's product page, which is the only remaining model still in production in Japan. The tech and gaming giant didn't mention specific dates, but a game shop in Kurume, Fukuoka
tweeted that it received a notification that production will end this month. Once all the remaining units are gone, shipments will also stop -- anybody who wants the console will have to look in the second-hand
Source : https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/17/sony-stop-ps3-production-japan/
Re: SO SAD!!!! Sony To Stop The Production Of Playstation 3 by Kenshinmunac(m): 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
Abeg make them wait till I finish devil may cry for my ps3.

I never get money to buy ps4 for now undecided
Re: SO SAD!!!! Sony To Stop The Production Of Playstation 3 by cube2012: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
Kenshinmunac:
Abeg make them wait till I finish devil may cry for my ps3.

I never get money to buy ps4 for now undecided

Wow DMC4 that's so way 2009. Goodluck not too hard but watch out for that mysterious forest wink
Re: SO SAD!!!! Sony To Stop The Production Of Playstation 3 by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
cube2012:

Wow DMC4 that's so way 2009. Goodluck not too hard but watch out for that mysterious forest wink

I dey sons of Sparda mission

(1) (Reply)

LXG 17 Tournament: Gamers Prepares For Weekend Of Fun With Fifa 17 / Fifa 18 Player Ratings For Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea And Man United / Football Manager 20 Pc Official Thread, Share Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.