Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? (33239 Views)

When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. / Pastor Ibiyiomie Show Kemi Christ Like Mercy And Free Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ToseroRock(f): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
People will be saying check yourself this and that as if a ladies attitude is the major thing that makes men cheat, a man who hasn't set the right standards for himself and who isn't ready to follow suit wouldn't stay faithful no matter what you do, they will just be cheating on you privately till they notice one fault from you then they go public.
Its really embarrassing how ladies go about condemning someone who isn't cheating and leaving the culprit himself. Christianity is a personal race, if you think God will accept you using your wife as an excuse for infidelity then i pity you. Good people are good people no matter what they encounter, they always go on their knees, apologise and set the record straights. Mugu be blaming everyone around for his inadequacies. I speak from experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by menxer: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
If it were to be the other way round, wld you have waited for d wife to die before you remarry. Don't forget most of the things you read in the bible were written by human beings like you and I. That's why God has given us wisdom and spirit of discernment.

Some people prefer and are comfortable with their blinkers on.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcguru1:

ssssh stop this don't let the Christians here say you should have stayed and pray for him, stop applying logic and sense, you will offend other Christians.
Logic my foot. Christianity is not Stupidity
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
If it were to be the other way round, wld you have waited for d wife to die before you remarry. Don't forget most of the things you read in the bible were written by human beings like you and I. That's why God has given us wisdom and spirit of discernment.
That command isn't restricted to the woman alone. A divorcee Christian man is NOT expected to marry another woman save the demise of his wife. This is according to Christ.

The Bible wasn't "written" according to the wisdom of men, it is a collection of what was inspired by The Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
menxer:

Some people prefer and are comfortable with their blinkers on.
Don't mind that guy. Humanity is treating another human the same way you want to be treated.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by donprinyo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nonsense questions from an evil mind to degrade de children of God. RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
That command isn't restricted to the woman alone. A divorcee Christian man is NOT expected to marry another woman save the demise of his wife. This is according to Christ.

The Bible wasn't "written" according to the wisdom of men, it is a collection of what was inspired by The Holy Spirit.
Bros abeg, were you there when the Holy Spirit was inspiring them? Is that not what they told you? Did Holy spirit told you personally of inspiring them to write that? Answer that genuinely and i'll rest my case with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by henrylowe(m): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
This is a very daisy situation ooo.. Where are the ladies now?
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
Bros abeg, were you there when the Holy Spirit was inspiring them? Is that not what they told you? Did Holy spirit told you personally of inspiring them to write that? Answer that genuinely and i'll rest my case with you
Perhaps, you should subscribe to a faith that suits your ideology or maybe atheism.

I can't say I was there but I only base my position on what is written in the Bible, which is the unquestionable and infallible constitution of Christianity.

Are what are written the absolute truth? I'm sure nobody can give an objective answer to this... you only get subjective response depending on the faith/sect of the respondent.

I hope I made sense?

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
Logic my foot. Christianity is not Stupidity

You are right, that sounded wrong, alot of women get trapped under the problem "of remarrying" because of what the bible says, so alot risk their lives staying praying for the so-called guy to change.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by menxer: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
ToseroRock:
People will be saying check yourself this and that as if a ladies attitude is the major thing that makes men cheat, a man who hasn't set the right standards for himself and who isn't ready to follow suit wouldn't stay faithful no matter what you do, they will just be cheating on you privately till they notice one fault from you then they go public.
Its really embarrassing how ladies go about condemning someone who isn't cheating and leaving the culprit himself. Christianity is a personal race, if you think God will accept you using your wife as an excuse for infidelity then i pity you. Good people are good people no matter what they encounter, they always go on their knees, apologise and set the record straights. Mugu be blaming everyone around for his inadequacies. I speak from experience.

... But this standard you speak of are not cast in space grade steel, right?

A standard set can be unset or made malleable, even for a period.
The Muslims know what I am talking about.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
Don't mind that guy. Humanity is treating another human the same way you want to be treated.
This subject is about CHRISTIANITY not Humanity. What is a norm in Christianity or any other religion may not be in "humanity".

Also, a norm in humanity is dependent on the society.... it is never absolute.

BTW: discuss with decorum
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
1. Bleep him up

2. Bleep him up more.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Charly68: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
When issue like this occurs confront it squarely and you will conquer it...Take your stand and keep your home instead of allowing a strange woman to take over your home..Pray for the man because he may be under influence.. Remember that two wrongs can never make a right..So if the man has done wrong ,the wife must stand firm on the truth
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

This subject is about CHRISTIANITY not Humanity. What is a norm in Christianity or any other religion may not be in "humanity".

Also, a norm in humanity is dependent on the society.... it is never absolute.

BTW: discuss with decorum
We are human first before Christianity.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Juliearth(f): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:
But wait ooo. Is there any where in the Bible where marrying more than one wife if condemned. Just asking, no insults please
1king11:1-8, Deut 17:17, lev 18:18,Deut21:15,1tim3:2:12, titus 1:6, 1cor7:1-16, eph 5:25-33....do you still need more scriptures?
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Mayjaylee: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
See factory
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Perhaps, you should subscribe to a faith that suits your ideology or maybe atheism.

I can't say I was there but I only base my position on what is written in the Bible, which is the unquestionable and infallible constitution of Christianity.

Are what are written the absolute truth? I'm sure nobody can give an objective answer to this... you only get subjective response depending on the faith/sect of the respondent.

I hope I made sense?
Yea Faith, here we go. It is written in d same bible to stone whoever it is who did not observe the sabbath. How come you don't do that, remember it was written o
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
We are human first before Christianity.
I am not arguing with you whether or not you are human before being a Christian, but Christianity is about saying NO to self and living in Christ.

you don't have to subscribe to the faith, but to those in it, there is a defined way of life to lead.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
Yea Faith, here we go. It is written in d same bible to stone whoever it is who did not observe the sabbath. How come you don't do that, remember it was written o
That's Judaism, a practice that came before the coming of Christ, given to Moses and the prophets and specifically for ONLY the Jews, unlike Christianity that knows no Jew, Greek or Gentiles....

It wasn't Christ's perfect will, hence, his coming to show the way to God.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not arguing with you whether or not you are human before being a Christian, but Christianity is about saying NO to self and living in Christ.

you don't have to subscribe to the faith, but to those in it, there is a defined way of life to lead.
Well, me having a different opinion from yours doesn't make me a non-believer. Some things are jst thr for us to think and choose wisely,that's why God himself has given us the ability.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by bobnatlo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
adesewa4uyahoo:
No be every matter craze dey solve.... Check ursef if you have missed it somewhere, talk to your man politely about the issue and how you are feeling.... Then switch to War room mode...

My dr which one com b 'war room mode' abeg
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
That's Judaism, a practice that came before the coming of Christ, given to Moses and the prophets and specifically for ONLY the Jews, unlike Christianity that knows no Jew, Greek or Gentiles....

It wasn't Christ's perfect will, hence, his coming to show the way to God.
Judaism you said. D'you still pay ur Tithe or not? Where was it written(old testament) Even Jesus said He has not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by seunmsg(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
What are you to check exactly? Nothing can justify infidelity in marriage, not even if she is a serial nag or trouble.

I agree with communication with him BUT I will advice such a woman to take punitive action against the man if possible

shocked shocked shocked

For real, are you married?

Oga, go and marry before advising married folks.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcguru1:

You are right, that sounded wrong, alot of women get trapped under the problem "of remarrying" because of what the bible says, so alot risk their lives staying praying for the so-called guy to change.
So many frustrated christian out there i tell you
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
Judaism you said. D'you still pay ur Tithe or not? Where was it written(old testament) Even Jesus said He has not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it
I consider giving/offering according to what God purposed in the heart and not some tithing or so(Read the book of Hebrew 7/8].

Christ came to fulfil the law, having fulfilled it on the cross, the law has become obsolete.

If I want to marry you there are marital rites I'm to fulfill. Once fulfilled, you become my wife and those rites become obsolete to me. I don't need to be keeping to the rites to stay married to you.

If you finish a contract, the project becomes obsolete. It is only used as a reference point but the contract cannot be given to you over again because you have fulfilled it.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
seunmsg:

shocked shocked shocked

For real, are you married?

Oga, go and marry before advising married folks.
I am married to Jesus... tongue
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by eripecs(f): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:
But wait ooo. Is there any where in the Bible where marrying more than one wife if condemned. Just asking, no insults please
Yes. In the beginning God made only male and female.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I consider giving/offering according to what God purposed in the heart and not some tithing or so(Read the book of Hebrew 7/8].

Christ came to fulfil the law, having fulfilled it on the cross, the law has become obsolete.

If I want to marry you there are marital rites I'm to fulfill. Once fulfilled, you become my wife and those rites become obsolete to me. I don't need to be keeping to the rites to stay married to you.

If you finish a contract, the project becomes obsolete. It is only used as a reference point but the contract cannot be given to you over again because you have fulfilled it.
Try read Mattews 19vs 9. That should clear the air and don't forget to read the clause in it

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by patani(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
safarigirl:
I pack my things and leave the house. After all, Christianity allows for divorce on the grounds of infidelity, not so?

Why should I ask myself what I did wrong? When 90% of the time my only wrong was that I married a shameless dog who can't keep his dick in his pants?

What kind of slavish question is "where did I go wrong?" I want to know where HE went wrong
You are obviously unmarried..thats why u can give this kinda response..
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by kayzat: 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
What are you to check exactly? Nothing can justify infidelity in marriage, not even if she is a serial nag or trouble.

I agree with communication with him BUT I will advice such a woman to take punitive action against the man if possible

I hope all this won't come back to hunt you by the time you settle down. You be guyman now
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by teeghurl(f): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
PaperLace:

Lol. I live my life trying to be just with every human. I have a working conscience. Anything/association that would hurt my husband, I cut it off. I love him like that.
If he can't reciprocate, I won't spend my time praying or fighting sidechicks. That's not the marriage I want for myself...
We think alike. I'm as human as he is. If he feels he want to do nonsense and not respect the sanctity of marriage, then we r done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria / Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby / The Story Of The Edo Pastor Who Was Accused Of Rituals Is Actually False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.