Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? (33223 Views)

When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. / Pastor Ibiyiomie Show Kemi Christ Like Mercy And Free Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Dottore: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
FA13:

Yes. From the beginning, it is 'a' man and 'a' woman. Not 'some' or two.
Give answer with biblical references as proof not speculative reasoning.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by fromnigeria(m): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
bamisepeters:
Some questions were raised in church today, and as a relationship blogger i am concerned about that which i can really talk about even while asleep. Among those questions are these two:

1. As a Jesus-like woman, what will you do when you find out that your husband and your family nurse are having an affair and whenever he is sick the only healer is the nurse?

2. Your husband, a religious one for that matter has an Alhaja who is pregnant for him, what will you do as a true Christian wife?

I am not a woman so i may not be able to answer this question. However, left to me, when we get to the bridge we shall cross it somehow.

A woman responded that the woman should first ask herself what she has done or what she is doing wrong to warrant such situation before concluding.

We know a Muslim woman may not really count the second question as an issue, but as a righteous woman(a true believer in Christ) who doesn't want to take action that will displease God, what will you do in this situation?

Your response will definitely help someone and a home as a whole.

Source: http://bamisepeters..nl/2017/03/as-christ-like-woman-what-will-you-do.html
A christ-like woman will not marry a non christ-like (man, who possess the above qualities) in the first place. Unless she was a pretending christ-like woman.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by poik(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:

Let's not argue on presumptions my dear. Can you tell me anybody in the Bible that God punished or condemned because of polygamy.

Can you tell me where there is a definite injunction against polygamy in the Bible.

Cain Killed Abel, whom did he marry. Who are his descendants today.

Some people are the seeds of people that God personally chose as His own yet they turned out to be evil e.g.Absalom. So were the seeds of evil people yet they turned out to be gods favorite e.g. Jonathan son of Saul.

Really? Who did Cain marry?

Well I don't see anything presumptuous about what I wrote. Cain's descendants may not be physically identifiable today, but the Word test is always there to identify them. They always kick against truth and are reprobate concerning the faith.

If you read well I said polygamy isn't condemned, but God allowed it because of the fallen nature of man. The eagle lives up to120 years, yet sticks to one partner its entire life.
polygamy was not in Gods original plan. but have you stopped to ask why a polygamist cannot hold office in the church? why did God include that in His order? there is something base and inadequate about polygamy. Is God Himself a polygamist? He has two sets of Brides, the Gentiles and Jews,and He doesnt deal with them at the same time. the Gentile days will soon be over, and God will then open the eyes of the Jews.
Even common sense and nature ought to teach some things to us.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
ylaa:
for number 1, I won't make any fuss about it cos its in most men, rather i will continue to pray for him and make him pay in my own coin cos its painful.
for number 2, i will wait for the alhaja to give birth, visit her n the baby, discuss the welfare of the child with her as i wouldn't want any scandal for my family, as for my hubby................................

Marry faithful, handsome, very good looking, smart, intelligent, sincere,young engineer like me...she won't hear...because I av committed to her, she starts to misbehave, she wants to explore.When she gets married to a player...she will go for 50 days fasting for her husband to change...women and their logic sha.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Samadict(f): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
Why should it be a Christ-like WOMAN? I'll do what a Christ-like man would do. So, what would you do if you find out that your wife's gynaecologist is sleeping with her? What would you do if an Alhaji impregnates your wife? Yeah.... You've got your answer.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by jabojafa(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
PaperLace:

Oga,when you wife continues collecting different dicks. Forgive you hear? 1luv too grin

my dears whether u concur or not God's words/principles concerning marriage can never be altered for ur sake or any1 sake. If u break d egg d serpent bites u.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:
But wait ooo. Is there any where in the Bible where marrying more than one wife if condemned. Just asking, no insults please
NO WHERE. IT IS ALLOWED BUT NOT IMPOSED. ITS A CHOICE. TAKE THAT OF ABRAHAM, DAVID, JACOB, SOLOMON ETC. THIS CHARACTERS IN D BIBLE WHERE USE BY GOD TO CARRY OUT HIS MISSION. TK DAT OF DAVID WHOM GOD GAVE SAUL'S WIVES. READ 2SAMUEL12:7-12. JUDGES8:30. 2SAM.3:2-5; 5:12-16
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by seunmsg(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Samadict:
Why should it be a Christ-like WOMAN? I'll do what a Christ-like man would do. So, what would you do if you find out that your wife's gynaecologist is sleeping with her? What would you do if an Alhaji impregnates your wife? Yeah.... You've got your answer.

You are not too far from becoming a feminist. You may even consider atheism in the long run. That's s very long shot though.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by snowblaq(f): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:
But wait ooo. Is there any where in the Bible where marrying more than one wife if condemned. Just asking, no insults please
....Ephesians 5:31.....
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Samadict(f): 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
seunmsg:

You are not too far from becoming a feminist. You may even consider atheism in the long run. That's s very long shot though.
Atheism ke! Nah!!!!!
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Dottore: 10:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
snowblaq:
....Ephesians 5:31.....
The verse you quoted is not a rule. The Bible is very straightforward when giving rules eggs. Thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill. No where has such rules about polygamy. People only keep speculating and tactfully use deductive reasonings to backup their line of arguments when it comes to polygamy in the bible. Besides I also havnt seen anyone in the Bible that was punished because of polygamy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by seunmsg(m): 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
Samadict:

Atheism ke! Nah!!!!!

Like I said, it's a very long shot.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by snowblaq(f): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:

The verse you quoted is not a rule. The Bible is very straightforward when giving rules eggs. Thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill. No where has such rules about polygamy. People only keep speculating and tactfully use deductive reasonings to backup their line of arguments when it comes to polygamy in the bible. Besides I also havnt seen anyone in the Bible that was punished because of polygamy.
...at the end of that verse it says...'and they TWO shall become one'.....not and they three or and all of them......the scripture is clear and straightforoward...and im sure you know that.....dont keep looking for reasons to justify what you know fully well is wrong......when a man marries a wife .that is the one heaven recognises....any other woman he marries after that is just him commiting adultery....

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by opey112(m): 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:

And same God said "go into the world, increase and multiply" and he never punished anyone because of polygamy
Well you haven't finished handling one woman problem how much more two or more?do you know the problems in a polygamous home?
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Samadict(f): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
seunmsg:

Like I said, it's a very long shot.
What exactly makes you think I might go that way?
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 5:47am On Mar 27, 2017
Zubby619:
am not a woman switching to war room mode is dt d way forward? I knw is not easy but as a woman u are pray dt such will not come ur way. believe me u can't endure it, Christian woman ni, Christian woman co. my dear flash na flash pray against it and be watchful.
my brother that's what I mean by the war room.... Have you seen the movie? If you have u will understand better.... When I started my contribution I said no be everything craze dey solve.... So u should know where I'm coming from....
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ylaa(f): 5:51am On Mar 27, 2017
My Highness king95
I hear you
Well done.

quote author=myking95 post=54975806]

Marry faithful, handsome, very good looking, smart, intelligent, sincere,young engineer like me...she won't hear...because I av committed to her, she starts to misbehave, she wants to explore.When she gets married to a player...she will go for 50 days fasting for her husband to change...women and their logic sha.[/quote]
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by seunmsg(m): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Samadict:

What exactly makes you think I might go that way?

Why should it be a Christ-like WOMAN?

With your question above, you are already challenging the status quo. Once you stop accepting the traditional role of women in the society, there is a very likely possibility that you may end up as a feminist and when you add religion to the mix, you may start questioning the logic and rationality of what your faith expects of women. Eventually, you will see the flaws in some of your christian doctrine. If you probe further, you may likely end up rejecting some Christian doctrines and hence, you become a free thinking christian. Becoming a free thinker is the first step towards atheism but like I said, it's a very long shot. You may not go that far but hey, never say never. grin
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Samadict(f): 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
seunmsg:

Why should it be a Christ-like WOMAN?

With your question above, you are already challenging the status quo. Once you stop accepting the traditional role of women in the society, there is a very likely possibility that you may end up as a feminist and when you add religion to the mix, you may start questioning the logic and rationality of what your faith expects of women. Eventually, you will see the flaws in some of your christian doctrine. If you probe further, you may likely end up rejecting some Christian doctrines and hence, you become a free thinking christian. Becoming a free thinker is the first step towards atheism but like I said, it's a very long shot. You may not go that far but hey, never say never. grin
Let's take this discussion off this thread so we won't derail.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ToseroRock(f): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
menxer:

... But this standard you speak of are not cast in space grade steel, right?

A standard set can be unset or made malleable, even for a period.
The Muslims know what I am talking about.

Anyone really expecting standards to be encriptrd on some golden/diamond post actually needs more handout in personal grooming.
PS: pls are you saying Muslims are without standards
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by seunmsg(m): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Samadict:

Aiit
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by menxer: 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
ToseroRock:

Anyone really expecting standards to be encriptrd on some golden/diamond post actually needs more handout in personal grooming.
PS: pls are you saying Muslims are without standards

Bae, I never said such a thing.
What I meant is the temporary marriage (nikah mut'ah), an Islamic practice that unites man and woman as husband and wife for a limited time, making it possible to bend the sharia law (standard) that allows sex only within the confines of marriage.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ToseroRock(f): 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
menxer:

Bae, I never said such a thing.
What I meant is the temporary marriage (nikah mut'ah), an Islamic practice that unites man and woman as husband and wife for a limited time, making it possible to bend the sharia law (standard) that allows sex only within the confines of marriage.

Am not a Muslim so i wouldn't understand that.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by menxer: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
ToseroRock:

Am not a Muslim so i wouldn't understand that.
You don't need to be one to know a little about what makes them different from you.

So technically, Muslims don't commit fornication or adultery. grin

I ain't one though.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ToseroRock(f): 6:00am On Mar 29, 2017
menxer:

You don't need to be one to know a little about what makes them different from you.

So technically, Muslims don't commit fornication or adultery. grin

I ain't one though.

That's where my time management is a mess. I really long to know what their religion is like, often when i hear people liken their quoran to the bible, i am tempted to read the quoran but then, i forget. Maybe someday I'll give it a try.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ToseroRock(f): 6:04am On Mar 29, 2017
Samadict:

There is nothing like atheism. What you call atheism, i call laziness. (See me finding trouble oo)
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by FA13(m): 4:24am On Apr 28, 2017
Dottore:

Give answer with biblical references as proof not speculative reasoning.

Gen 2 :24. A man to his WIFE not WIVES.

Some also quoted David as an example of someone with many wives.

But remember what Jesus said when He was asked question on divorce, He said it was due to hardness of their heart and that from the beginning it was not so.

Furthermore we are in the new testament where we have better understanding due to outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the hardness of heart is removed.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Dottore: 7:19am On Apr 28, 2017
FA13:

Gen 2 :24. A man to his WIFE not WIVES.

Some also quoted David as an example of someone with many wives.

But remember what Jesus said when He was asked question on divorce, He said it was due to hardness of their heart and that from the beginning it was not so.

Furthermore we are in the new testament where we have better understanding due to outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the hardness of heart is removed.

Was any polygamist in the bible ever punished? Did God ever withdraw their blessings? His only anger with Solomon was because he married women that worshipped Idols. Prove me wrong pls
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by dezhi(m): 1:57pm On May 02, 2017
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ToseroRock(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
menxer:

... But this standard you speak of are not cast in space grade steel, right?

A standard set can be unset or made malleable, even for a period.
The Muslims know what I am talking about.

came back after holiday and saw this...sorry dude am not a muslim and am not even a prospect. either way, its quite unfortunate that you can't have a decent conversation without outlining yourself/your religion as a saint. smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria / The Story Of The Edo Pastor Who Was Accused Of Rituals Is Actually False / Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.