Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed (9259 Views)

Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! / How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pls I got my phone on Wednesday and I went for the M6 because of the battery. My phone cannot last 24hours on heavy usage, pls is this normal and it takes like 4hours to get filled on fast charge.
I feel like I just wasted my money.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by pafra(m): 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Not normal. One hour should be enough

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by SmartchoicesNG: 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
yOU JUST FLUSHED UR MONI DAUN DA DRAIN
ELff:
Pls I got my phone on Wednesday and I went for the M6 because of the battery. My phone cannot last 24hours on heavy usage, pls is this normal and it takes like 4hours to get filled on fast charge.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by thesicilian: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:
24hrs on heavy usage and you are complaining? Is it a car battery?!
On a more serious note sha, I think I need to get that phone. My own lenovo cannot even last more than 3hrs.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by eightsin(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
Return it. It probably has issues
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by SmartchoicesNG: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
another useless phone
eki2000:
I am using Tecno camon C7 with 2gig ram , 2500mah, I tell the battery is wonderful, it's actually as if am using a 3000mah phone

12 Likes

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
thesicilian:
On a more serious note sha, I think I need to get that phone. My own lenovo cannot even last more than 3hrs.
It cannot last 24hours, that's what I mean. Pls is anyone experiencing this.the reviews I read stated that it can last 24hours plus and it fast charge for like an hour 30mins.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by tosyne2much(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
another useless phone
Really? Maybe because your standard is higher than such a phone cheesy wink cheesy
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by SmartchoicesNG: 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Really? Maybe because your standard is higher than such a phone cheesy wink cheesy

Xiaomi
Samsung
Huawei
Lenovo
in that order... cheesy cheesy How is Ife? I was expecting to see you on display in Abuja angry
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by jmichlins(m): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:
lol. Some people funny oh. If you are too disappointed make you dash me the phone

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by percyshelu(m): 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
eki2000:
I am using Tecno camon C7 with 2gig ram , 2500mah, I tell the battery is wonderful, it's actually as if am using a 3000mah phone
guy must u lie i am using the same phone oo

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by musicwriter(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

I was experiencing the same problem, and like you I knew something was wrong, considering the advertised 5,000 battery capacity. Then, I used a different charger (Lenovo) to charge it. I observed it changes pretty faster and the battery lasts 2 days no matter how its used. Try it.

NB: The only problem I see is the phone hangs on Nairaland most times. I don't know whether it does on other sites as I usually don't generally browse on phone.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by NCP: 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

Return it Back to where you bought it from ASAP..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
baba return am...
na L8+ I DEY use...I've been on H+ since 12:20pm and this is 16:19pm and I am still having 70%
.and the battery no full o..I started using it from.around 93%

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

Hope you did not give the first or initial charge with a generator ?
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
NCP:

Return it Back to where you bought it from ASAP..
Does it mean I bot the fake or wat? I believe this phone should be able to last at least 30hrs on H+ or is it that NY expectations were high. The reviews I read also stated 2days conveniently.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Hope you did not give the first or initial charge with a generator ?
No I charged with light.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
ennyhola:
baba return am...
na L8+ I DEY use...I've been on H+ since 12:20pm and this is 16:19pm and I am still having 70%
.and the battery no full o..I started using it from.around 93%
What is the battery strength of L8 plus
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ThatCEO: 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
My phone sprints from zero to 60% in 30 minutes. Something is wrong somewhere n better to return it, even though I don't think you can. Spending 120k on a brand that is not established is not a wise decision
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

No I charged with light.

Return to complain.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

What is the battery strength of L8 plus
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
musicwriter:

I was experiencing the same problem, and like you I knew something was wrong, considering the advertised 5,000 battery capacity. Then, I used a different charger (Lenovo) to charge it. I observed it changes pretty faster and the battery lasts 2 days no matter how its used. Try it.

NB: The only problem I see is the phone hangs on Nairaland most times. I don't know whether it does on other sites as I usually don't generally browse on phone.
Does the type of charger determine how long the battery would last?
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
ThatCEO:
My phone sprints from zero to 60% in 30 minutes. Something is wrong somewhere n better to return it, even though I don't think you can. Spending 120k on a brand that is not established is not a wise decision
Pls is ur phone a GIONEE m6
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by jmichlins(m): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

try an aukey charger and see if it will improve after which you will know if you bought a fake
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ThatCEO: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

Pls is ur phone a GIONEE m6

No, LG G5. That phone is supposed to be a very good phone but I really don't know where it went wrong for him.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Protein0: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
Like the phone is 130k, right?

Why not check some "unsung beasts" from some OEMs like Xiaomi, one plus, meizu, leeco, oukitel, lenovo, black view at pocket friendly prices?

I am pretty sure You'll be dazed.
Brands are over hyped in Nigeria
Brand names are tools with which "some" Nigerians are continuously extorted.

Need more info?, 07063579846.
Ring or WhatsApp me.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by musicwriter(m): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
ELff:

Yes, that's what it proved in this case. It seems the "two fingers" charger that comes with the phone have a problem Gionee themselves may not even be aware of. Try charging it with any "three fingers" charger, and that would be a confirmation of this hypothesis.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by donbenie(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
No phone lasts 24 hours on heavy usage..forget what manufacturers claim,it's ALWAYS subject to definitions..

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by donbenie(m): 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
How long a phone lasts is not just determined by the battery alone,the software optimization matters too.. I have a LeEco le Max with 6.33 inch screen 3300mAh battery,would think the battery will fizzle out in no time..experience shows otherwise..
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Baroba(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
donbenie:
How long a phone lasts is not just determined by the battery alone,the software optimization matters too.. I have a LeEco le Max with 6.33 inch screen 3300mAh battery,would think the battery will fizzle out in no time..experience shows otherwise..

What's your screen on time, am thinking of getting a leeco device.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Artistree: 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
thesicilian:
My Gionee m5 mini can last for 48ours with light usage and more than 24hours on heavy usage(I'm an addict) Battery charge is 1hour 30mins.
Something is definitely not right with your phone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackberry Z10, Q5 Or Q10? / How To Track Who Is Calling You And No Were His Calling From / Cheapest MTN And Glo Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.