Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets (36957 Views)

Doctors Of Death: Nigeria's Medical Misdiagnosis Crisis - PM News / Nigeria Medical Association Explains Why Doctors Are Leaving The Country / My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by NaMe4: 6:26am On Mar 27, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Look at what they turned a medical doctor to!
A get help worldwide marketer!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
It's all over for this country

GHW?

You know how many dey very active for Bet9ja?

Mtchewwww, leave matter for Mathias!

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by oxyG: 6:39am On Mar 27, 2017
funmisticqueen:

i am a doctor but let this be the last time you ever disrespect the nursing profession. Who do you think you are, nursing is a profession made up of hardworking women who do the dirty work on the patient, nursing is a noble profession and get the respect it deserves in other countries not nigeria. A nurse is not your housemaid. Never you empty your stinking verbal diarrhoea here again
What was said was an innocent truth.The fact that you're a doctor doesn't rid me of my understanding.I am not addressing nursing as a profession but rather the larger percentage of NIGERIAN NURSES.I am sure if you're sincere, you will understand the information.However, you may be one of those doctors who have been hypnotized by their Nurse Wives/ Husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends.If you want to know better, ask an average patient in the hospital.Stay by the truth and let the truth set you free.Peace be upon you, me and all other professionals who are committed to their duties.

3 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by OAUTemitayo: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2017
NaMe4:

GHW?
You know how many dey very active for Bet9ja?
Mtchewwww, leave matter for Mathias!
lol
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Sohot1(m): 7:00am On Mar 27, 2017
Angeleena:
smh....a doc is complaining.. then what would you say of the nurses??doctors are flexing full time,they don't take doctors for granted, nurses would embark on warning strike,even enter main strike,from now till eternity, yet nothing come out..but doctors just warning strike, is enuf..most hospitals have doctors stations, but nurses,theirs is pathetic.. in fact resident doctors, are bring paid,soo well,compared to the nurses,sometimes medical students, are being paid,even when they Neva smell their final MB exams...a fresh doctor, earns higher than a nurse,that's in the system for several donkey years, whereas these nurses,do the main jobs..have seen a doc,that can't fix simple cannula..so guy,ur case holds no water,in the case of doctors and nurses,monkey dey work, baboons dey chop.

Use your head nau.... the Doc is complaining about the rota in the system using maltreatment of doctors as a case study....why not lay the maltreatment of nurses without the stupid comparison with doctors?

these two aren't on same levels and can never be anywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by armadeo(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2017
KingyKing:

Yeah yeah, I know wink

The explanation wasn't for you. It's for those who are reading.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by armadeo(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
funmisticqueen:

no nigerian hospital has up to date facilites to perform head surgery and if they do, you cant afford it. So pls keep your ignorance to yourself

I don't think you are a Doctor. If you were you would know that there are neurosurgeons working in Nigeria now, performing surgery.

There's even a private clinic very renown at enugu

3 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by AK481(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2017
Malayy:
nigerian doctors wey no fit perform successful head surgery. the patient either dies in the theather or the next day
If a doctor can perform head surgery, then wat is he still doing in Nigeria?

Abi u no hear say the intelligent ones don go abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2017
armadeo:

I don't think you are a Doctor. If you were you would know that there are neurosurgeons working in Nigeria now, performing surgery.

enugu, that village. Whether you think i am a doctor or not is not my problem. Go to any hospital in the UK OR US and you will see what i am talking about.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by iiiyyyk(m): 8:03am On Mar 27, 2017
dirtymoney:
I used to ignorantly envy doctors till my bro graduated from med school. He did his house job in one of the best federal government owned hospitals, went for NYSC and his hustle started. For over 3 years now he has not been able to secure a spot for his residency. There is no part of this country he has not penetrated. Today, he is in Ibadan, tomorrow Jos, next week Yola, Calabar, Benin... He works in 2 hospitals, 12 hours each. We get to see eachother only on Sundays. With this sef, his case is even better. Many of his friends who work in private clinics and earn as little as 60k per month. Some have to combine two clinics just to make 6 figures. The profession has since lost its name and respect.
But which profession sef still has value in this country? Lawyers are even the worse sef. Lawyers in Abuja are used as secretaries and errand boys/girls. You see then running up and down in banks all day to make CAC/NBA payments for their bosses and associates. Seems secretarial function has become part of law practice. What would you say about engineers who don't even have where to do the errand runnings
Truth is... The system is all so messed up.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Laird(m): 8:05am On Mar 27, 2017
dokiOloye:
sometimes,U might have to check for maybe dose and dosage of drugs,and other minor things.
U can't just know it all,nobody does,including d professors in Havard.
I had better check up a confusing thing than write a wrong prescription.
Finally,every doctor checks his books but maybe not in front of d patient.Probably after U leave,b4 d next patient comes in.
Nobody can 'sabi' all d things in those big big books bro.

Don't mind some ignorant patients and fellow health staff. Can they memorise all the dosages, signs and symptoms in the World.......IT IS BETTER TO BE VERY SAFE, CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL THAN TO BE SORRY..

I had an uncle who was the Chief Medical Director of a Federal Medical Centre and a Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat. He told Me way back 2001/2002 when there was no mobile phone internet nor mass available affordable personal individual internet plans Centralized internet that as a Doctor You should always have Your Small textbook/ guide to review things You are not sure off. Then I was an intending Medical Student and did not understand him. Now I know better.
Check what You are not sure of because as a Doctor if You have 50,000 good management and You have just 1 bad management, the bad management can be seriously held against You ignoring the remaining 50000 good cases.
Even take a look at Michael Jackson's lawyer who was seriously screened and taken to Court. All the years Michael Jackson had been alive and treated by him, nobody talked nor complained. When M J died, the system turned it in him forgetting the Doctor had been treating M.J since and ideally won't want his RICH PAYING CLIENT/PATIENT to die.
Doctors shine Your eyes and check codedly or explain to the patient You want to confirm something. Also review with Superior more Experienced colleagues too. My own thoughts. Even teacher dey look into textbook, teaching outline. You won't forget it next time

4 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Basic123: 8:09am On Mar 27, 2017
oxyG:

Which main jobs do the nurses do? Nigerian nurses are the most unprofessional I have ever seen;very lazy and temperamental
You pay for Nursing Care in hospitals but the nurses will still tell you to cater for your patients.Nurses run shift duties but doctors work like donkeys. To be honest, Nigerian doctors are being overused.They go for weekend calls and still resume work immediately on Monday; no bathing, no brushing.Never can Nigerian doctors be compared to the Nurses, an eagle really looks like a chicken but they are never the same.The day Nigerian hospitals are privatised, that would be the day Nigerian nurses will know their levels.Nurses want to be paid like them but don't want to work the way they work.When Nurses go on strike, the hospitals still function because they can actually do your works.But when they go on strike,can you dare treating the patients? Please these people might be seen as getting money, they suffer more than they earn and never compare them to yourselves again.
Mind you, I am not a doctor but actually have a number of them around me.
Peace be upon us all.
I love you.

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Basic123: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
funmisticqueen:

i am a doctor but let this be the last time you ever disrespect the nursing profession. Who do you think you are, nursing is a profession made up of hardworking women who do the dirty work on the patient, nursing is a noble profession and get the respect it deserves in other countries not nigeria. A nurse is not your housemaid. Never you empty your stinking verbal diarrhoea here again
Nurses are too unprofessional.Among their unprofessionalism is shouting at patient and patient relatives,lack of hospital "customer" care and seeing doctors as their rivals.The work of the two are well delineated.Doctor makes the diagnosis of the patient condition,formulates the management plan and Doctors implement it with nurses.The nurses job is to implement the mgt plan formulated by the doctors with him and they actually do this on shift bases as against doctors that work almost round the clock atimes.Even with the structure of the work delineation,one will expect one to get more pay than the other.

3 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Basic123: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2017
Basic123:
Nurses are too unprofessional.Among their unprofessionalism are shouting at patient and patient relatives,lack of hospital "customer" care and seeing doctors as their rivals.The work of the two are well delineated.The doctors formulate management plan and the Doctors also implement it with nurses.The nurses job is to implement the mgt plan formulated by the doctors with the doctors and they actually do this on shift bases as against doctors that work almost round the clock atimes.Even with the structure of the work delineation,one will expect one to get more pay than the other.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by dokiOloye(m): 8:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Laird:

Don't mind some ignorant patients and fellow health staff. Can they memorise all the dosages, signs and symptoms in the World.......IT IS BETTER TO BE VERY SAFE, CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL THAN TO BE SORRY..

I had an uncle who was the Chief Medical Director of a Federal Medical Centre and a Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat. He told Me way back 2001/2002 when there was no mobile phone internet nor mass available affordable personal individual internet plans Centralized internet that as a Doctor You should always have Your Small textbook/ guide to review things You are not sure off. Then I was an intending Medical Student and did not understand him. Now I know better.
Check what You are not sure of because as a Doctor if You have 50,000 good management and You have just 1 bad management, the bad management can be seriously held against You ignoring the remaining 50000 good cases.
Even take a look at Michael Jackson's lawyer who was seriously screened and taken to Court. All the years Michael Jackson had been alive and treated by him, nobody talked nor complained. When M J died, the system turned it in him forgetting the Doctor had been treating M.J since and ideally won't want his RICH PAYING CLIENT/PATIENT to die.
Doctors shine Your eyes and check codedly or explain to the patient You want to confirm something. Also review with Superior more Experienced colleagues too. My own thoughts. Even teacher dey look into textbook, teaching outline. You won't forget it next time
While I was a student,I once had a condition that made me visit a lot of senior doctors,mostly consultants.
I can authoritatively tell U that all checked their books in my prescence.Maybe they were comfy doing that cos they felt I should understand,as a medical student.
Those incidences really opened my eyes.
Better to be viewed as not knowing much,than make an avoidable error.
Nuff said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by oxyG: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2017
Basic123:
I love you. Thanks
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by oxyG: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2017
Basic123:
I love you.

Thanks
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 27, 2017
Angeleena:
smh....a doc is complaining.. then what would you say of the nurses??doctors are flexing full time,they don't take doctors for granted, nurses would embark on warning strike,even enter main strike,from now till eternity, yet nothing come out..but doctors just warning strike, is enuf..most hospitals have doctors stations, but nurses,theirs is pathetic.. in fact resident doctors, are bring paid,soo well,compared to the nurses,sometimes medical students, are being paid,even when they Neva smell their final MB exams...a fresh doctor, earns higher than a nurse,that's in the system for several donkey years, whereas these nurses,do the main jobs..have seen a doc,that can't fix simple cannula..so guy,ur case holds no water,in the case of doctors and nurses,monkey dey work, baboons dey chop.

And how many days off do u get after doing night duty?

As a doctor in a federal teaching hospital, i do 7days call after which I am expecting to return to work by 7:30am the next morning as if nothing happened.

Shut your silly mouth.

All you nurses can do is badmouth doctors.

Very lazy, temperamental, arrogant set of human beings.

E dey pain you because 99% of you wanted to read medicine but you were too dumb and didn't reach the cut off marks in jamb.

Throughout your school of nursing days you flirt and try to seduce medical students and doctors, some even try to rope them into marrying u by trying to get pregnant. Useless fu**ing sluts.

Go back to the ward and do what u r being paid for and stop spilling sewage from that smelly orifice you call a mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 27, 2017
Sohot1:

Use your head nau.... the Doc is complaining about the rota in the system using maltreatment of doctors as a case study....why not lay the maltreatment of nurses without the stupid comparison with doctors?

these two aren't on same levels and can never be anywhere in the world

Abeg no mind am.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Malayy(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2017
funmisticqueen:

no nigerian hospital has up to date facilites to perform head surgery and if they do, you cant afford it. So pls keep your ignorance to yourself
if they dont have the facilities, let them close up. and stop decieving people..
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by kaymart: 10:27am On Mar 27, 2017
Profcamsey:
Medicine is overrated.
pharmacy far more lucrative

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by emmasege: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2017
eph123:
What do you expect when the number 1 citizen of the country spends 51 days in a foreign hospital?!

That tells you that not only does he not care about the Nigerian healthcare system, but he has no plan to improve it.

Until Nigerian leaders use Nigerian hospitals and send their children to Nigerian universities, nothing is going to change.
True talk but unfortunately it 'll fall on deaf ears, especially of zombified Nigerians. When we have a president whose children all went to school in the UK, and himself gets medical attention from the UK, it's almost impossible to have world class universities or hospitals around here.

I wail for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by eph123(f): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2017
emmasege:
True talk but unfortunately it 'll fall on deaf ears, especially of zombified Nigerians. When we have a president whose children all went to school in the UK, and himself gets medical attention from the UK, it's almost impossible to have world class universities or hospitals around here.

I wail for Nigeria.

It's really just ridiculous honestly. Do what I say but not what I do, which by my definition is hypocrisy.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Amhappy(f): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2017
This country is gradually shutting down. Everyday we will be praying for it to get better but it never did.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by InvertedHammer: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Don't really get your point. ..are you saying it's better to live in Nigeria than the US because of cheaper real estate? If so, why the exodus?

My own point is - a Dr is well compensated in either the developing or developed world and the OP doctor should keep quiet.

How much would a good self con in a good neighbourhood in Baltimore cost? Need this info urgently. Thanks

Because you compared earnings of two different societies without factoring in the cost of living.
That's all.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by Ilekokonit: 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
A Doctor passes his exams and still can not get a job because "Leg pass Leg".

The rot in Nigeria is real.

Reminds me of my misadventure to UI Medical school some 30 years ago (and this was rated as one of the top Medical schools in West Africa at the time) and :-

One of my classmates whose Dad was a Prof of Medicine used to see our exam questions days before our exams and promptly circulates same amongst his friends / hangers on and those who are ready to hero worship him.

Another classmate whose Dad was also a Prof of Medicine came late to an exam and the lateness was such that she should have been automatically failed but the invigilator (a Prof who was a student to the girls Dad) kept looking out for the girls arrival and kept saying thus - "Where is the she that must be obeyed.

Top this with the fact that 20% of my classmates who were at risk of being kicked out for a second failure cheated to pass that critical 2nd exam sitting by specializing in just a small part of the human anatomy and swapping answers with their fellow cheats at the back of the class and scoring 100% to the chagrin of those hard working students who end up scoring less than them.

This is why I don't trust Doctors (from anywhere) with my body.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by dokiOloye(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
oxyG:

Which main jobs do the nurses do? Nigerian nurses are the most unprofessional I have ever seen;very lazy and temperamental
You pay for Nursing Care in hospitals but the nurses will still tell you to cater for your patients.Nurses run shift duties but doctors work like donkeys. To be honest, Nigerian doctors are being overused.They go for weekend calls and still resume work immediately on Monday; no bathing, no brushing.Never can Nigerian doctors be compared to the Nurses, an eagle really looks like a chicken but they are never the same.The day Nigerian hospitals are privatised, that would be the day Nigerian nurses will know their levels.Nurses want to be paid like them but don't want to work the way they work.When Nurses go on strike, the hospitals still function because they can actually do your works.But when they go on strike,can you dare treating the patients? Please these people might be seen as getting money, they suffer more than they earn and never compare them to yourselves again.
Mind you, I am not a doctor but actually have a number of them around me.
Peace be upon us all.
Don't mind that guy.
That's how they keep saying doctors don't know anything, doctors don't do anything but when they or their children have d slightest health challenge,they start looking for even if its a house officer who is d most junior doctor.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by dokiOloye(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
funmisticqueen:

National hospital Abuja does neurosurgeries and also UNTH Enugu.
I'm talking of d ones I know oo.
UBTH,OAUTH Ife,UCH Ibadan etc will probably be doing that too.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by allenbaker5(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ilekokonit:
A Doctor passes his exams and still can not get a job because "Leg pass Leg".

The rot in Nigeria is real.

Reminds me of my misadventure to UI Medical school some 30 years ago (and this was rated as one of the top Medical schools in West Africa at the time) and :-

One of my classmates whose Dad was a Prof of Medicine used to see our exam questions days before our exams and promptly circulates same amongst his friends / hangers on and those who are ready to hero worship him.

Another classmate whose Dad was also a Prof of Medicine came late to an exam and the lateness was such that she should have been automatically failed but the invigilator (a Prof who was a student to the girls Dad) kept looking out for the girls arrival and kept saying thus - "Where is the she that must be obeyed.

Top this with the fact that 20% of my classmates who were at risk of being kicked out for a second failure cheated to pass that critical 2nd exam sitting by specializing in just a small part of the human anatomy and swapping answers with their fellow cheats at the back of the class and scoring 100% to the chagrin of those hard working students who end up scoring less than them.

This is why I don't trust Doctors (from anywhere) with my body.
You didn't graduate from medical school?

2 Likes

Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by dokiOloye(m): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
armadeo:

memphys clinic on d Enugu-Onitsha expressway ba?
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by 2sexynet: 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
Kaysalas:
shocked shocked shocked shocked :oYEEPARIPA! grin grin grin grin shocked shocked cool
check my signature for my email bro. PM not working.
Re: Aggrieved Nigerian Doctor Exposes Rot In Nigeria's Medical System With Tweets by armadeo(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
dokiOloye:
memphys clinic on d Enugu-Onitsha expressway ba?

That's the one

Also LUTH, Lasuth, sokoto and Abuja. In addition to Benin, port Harcourt, ibadan and ife. Those are confirmed places with neurosurgeons. Some are even proffesors sef.

That one just open mouth dey talk anyhow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Salt Water Prevent Pregnancy? / Water Is Life, That Why We Give You The Best #water Borehole Drilling / Muazu Brahji Dies At COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.