Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze (5989 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by mojojojo(m): 1:43am On Dec 23, 2009
Written by Shehu Abubakar
Wednesday, 23 December 2009 00:28

Defunct military government of late General Sani Abacha was the best and most determined administration Nigeria ever had, Chairman and Chief Executive of defunct Triax airline, Chief Arthur Eze said yesterday.

Speaking with aviation correspondents, Chief Eze said the late Abacha’s administration was able to execute so many projects in the country, adding that most of the good roads in the country today, the legislative quarters and the National Assembly building were all built by military regimes.

He said today’s politicians are only “busy sharing money” while the people are dying.

“For the past ten years the civilians have been in power, the Enugu/Onitsha expressway could not be rehabilitated. But I know God will ask them question one day. Abacha has never given me contract and I did not ask him. But all the Military Governors that gave me contract, no one asked me to give him anything. No politician will give you contract without asking for percentage,” he claimed.

Chief Eze said though democracy remains the most acceptable form of governance, it is regrettable that Nigerian politicians are not doing what is expected of them.

He said the late Abacha led military never used the award of contracts and execution of projects as a means of stealing public funds.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by jona2: 1:49am On Dec 23, 2009
hummmmmmmm.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by puskin: 1:59am On Dec 23, 2009
Source please.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 23, 2009
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Singular: 5:11am On Dec 23, 2009
I dont know who he is but he never even said that in his interview.
U be real Mojo Jojo. BAd monkey
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by metalgong5(m): 5:32am On Dec 23, 2009
The above interview is vintage Arthur Eze , Alias Arthur One Thousand.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 23, 2009
What do you expect Arthur Eze to say. Abacha made him.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2009
I also agree with Arthur Eze on Abacha. Nigeria was much better under him and his practice of reciprocal foreign policy remains the best and most effective till today.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2009
I do agree that under Abacha many contracts were awarded based on merit not the present man know man, cut backs and kick backs we have today. But we all know good roads doesn't always translate to a good society. What about freedom of speech, state brutality, weak judiciary, lack of telecommunications and many other vices that came with that regime ?
Atleast now i can go on TV and say Yar'adua is failing us without vanishing into thin air.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2009
who says Abacha awarded contracts based on merit? military regimes tended to be more circumspect in their approach to nepotism so they succeeded in pulling the wool over the eyes of people like you. Pilferage of public funds is virtually at the same level for both military govts & democracy, just that the soldiers dont really spend their money till they get out of office, even when they do they dont have such high tastes like the politicos.

For example, you wont catch IBB driving round the streets of Minna in a Bentley. Elected governors do this regularly, ostensibly in their private capacity. We all know its public money. Beneficiaries of the corrupt democratic system also do this (look at the new oligarchs, Femi Otedola, Dangote, Chris Uba. OBJ made all of them: see how they live). IBB's boys on the other handed didnt start living it up until the military left power. Check out people like Orji Kalu, Obaigbena, Mike Adenuga. All IBB boys. Where they got all the cash they're throwing around now is anybody's guess.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by yeswecan(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2009
Abacha is not really as bad as we think . . . Because he died and OBJ took revenge on his family . . . what about IBB . . come to think of it, IBB placed us into this mess in the first place. The only election is Nigeria was conducted in 1993 with votes stretching across ethnic lines that could have been a good start for us.

In my Opinion Abacha is more effective than Yardua, OBJ and IBB.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by 4Play(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

I also agree with Arthur Eze on Abacha. Nigeria was much better under him and his practice of reciprocal foreign policy remains the best and most effective till today.

You are a funny man.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2009
4 Play:

You are a funny man.

Seems you stumbled on the wrong thread. Follow this link (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-15.0.html) to go to Jokes section please.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by princekevo(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2009
To me there is lil or no difference. Ten years of democrazy we have not achieve anything tangible, not even simple free and fair election, the only free and fair election ever had in Nigeria was conducted under millitary. The image of Nigeria at the international level is going down on a daily bases. The democrazy we are practicing in the name of democracy is costing us a lot than that of millitary regime and nothing to show for it. So they might eb an atom of truth in what he said
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2009
princekevo:

To me there is lil or no difference. Ten years of democrazy we have not achieve anything tangible, not even simple free and fair election, the only free and fair election ever had in Nigeria was conducted under millitary. The image of Nigeria at the international level is going down on a daily bases. The democrazy we are practicing in the name of democracy is costing us a lot than that of millitary regime and nothing to show for it. So they might eb an atom of truth in what he said

You are quick to dismiss the ten years, are you willing to pay the price required to jump-start a credible democratic process? Rome was not built in a day.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by princekevo(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2009
ziddy:

You are quick to dismiss the ten years, are you willing to pay the price required to jump-start a credible democratic process? Rome was not built in a day.
That is a common language for those who are destined to failures.
A child of ten years is not only walking but runing.
What price again are we supposed to pay for a credible democracy? havnt we suffered enough? havnt we cried enough and havnt we died enough?
Ok fine, you said Rome was not build in a day, The building of Rome was neither stagnant for ten years without improvement or laying of a single block on top.
For the past ten year absolutely nothing has changed ,in fact i dont know if we are distroying the foundation of our Rome already laid by the fore fathers(backwardness).
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2009
You've been suffering, crying and dying in Macau, right?

You seem to think the solution to Nigeria's problem lies in crying and whining on the pages of Nairaland, from far away Macau, yet you are not destined for failure? Do you think Rome was built in ten years?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by 4Play(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2009
Nigeria is much better than it was 10 years ago. The economy is bigger and people have a greater say over who governs them. Obviously, things are not ideal but its far better than 10 years ago.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by omamokta: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2009
No government has ever favoured Arthur 1000 like the military regime, i dont think successive ones will be better from his perspective, he was a lord in the whole south east. He nominated the whole governors in the south east, he was in charge of Abacha 4 presidency in the southeast,i dont know of other parts of the country. He doled money to students and youths in Enugu to support Abacha, though Abacha could not make it and Artthur 1000 cried like a baby even on the telly. Who said he who pays the piper does not dictate the tune?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by princekevo(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2009
ziddy:

You've been suffering, crying and dying in Macau, right?

You seem to think the solution to Nigeria's problem lies in crying and whining on the pages of Nairaland, from far away Macau, yet you are not destined for failure? Do you think Rome was built in ten years?
Yea am in macau, probably might be contributing imensly to Nigerian development more than you in Nigeria. Even if am in macau the cry and suffering of my people still remain my pains and suffering.
I know it cant be solve through whining on NL pages, but if youth like you are preaching this your gospel of Rome not built in a day, we will remain like this even the next 50years. Am sure you will be worried if your 10year old child is crawling while his mate are runing on the street.

4 Play:

Nigeria is much better than it was 10 years ago. The economy is bigger and people have a greater say over who governs them. Obviously, things are not ideal but its far better than 10 years ago.
Please can you educate me on any tangible changes in Niegrian after 10yesr of democrazy we have in Nigeria there? Starting from jst the common basic amenities the masses supposed to benefits. The econmy is bigger becoz of the sudden increase of oil price during OBJ regime, what have we to show for it? Not even common 24hrs light. You said people have much say to who rule them? What is the different between one man or some group of people imposing yaradull on the masses and a Military imposing himself on us? What is the different btw a millitary dictator ,and a civilian leaving his sit for more than one month, and refusing to apply the provision made  by the constitution for such leave? You guys must be dreaming. It is time for all of us to wake up and decide the future of the country, if not in the next 50year we will still be dwelling on the same launguge, Rome was not built in a day. make una dey there dey Jubiliate in fools paradise.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

Some of you deserve to be flown and relocated to North Korea.

What utter crap!!!
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
princekevo:

What rubbish!

Admittedly, there are several things wrong with Nigeria today but under military rule was Lagos the way it is today? Was Calabar developing the way it is today? And Enugu? What was the GDP, GNI, Net migration, Infant Mortality rate, FDI, Life expectancy etc?

What worked under Abacha?

People rant under emotional annoyance rather than use objective analysis.

Under Abacha, lecturers were paid less that N15K a month, police corporal was paid less than N5K, go and find out how much they make now.

These are the bunch that Maruwa would get gong-ho police men to stop crime, and based on that sole premise, he is the GREATEST Governor ever despite nothing else working!
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Ibime(m): 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2009
Let us not forget that Chief Arthur Eze is also the mentor to the Ubah's. The fruit never falls far from the tree.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2009
Sagamite:

Some of you deserve to be flown and relocated to North Korea.

What utter crap!!!

What an intelligent and insightful response. As dumb as they come.

The same Abacha single handedly increased the oil derivation from 3% to 13% for the Niger Delta. Seems this singular bold act is easily forgotten by people who would rather think with their left hands.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

The same Abacha single handedly increased the oil derivation from 3% to 13% for the Niger Delta. Seems this singular bold act is easily forgotten by people who would rather think with their left hands.

And this singular, "intelligent" and "insightful" point is why Abacha regime is better?

And you are talking about dumb?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
Sagamite:

And this singular, "intelligent" and "insightful" point is why Abacha regime is better?

And you are talking about dumb?

The typical response of a clown, soon you would ask for a comprehensive list of all Abacha did.

I am not here to convince you about anything, just to make it clear that your personal attack (as usual) because you disagreed with a position will not be left unanswered so do not think you are having a debate here.

Idiots that will readily insult others based on differences on issues deserve to go straight to hell and rot there, silly.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

and what did the Niger Delta do with the increased derivation? they served up monsters like James Ibori, Peter Odili, Sam Edem, Timi Alaibe etc.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

The typical response of a clown, soon you would ask for a comprehensive list of all Abacha did.

I am not here to convince you about anything, just to make it clear that your personal attack (as usual) because you disagreed with a position will not be left unanswered so do not think you are having a debate here.

Idiots that will readily insult others based on differences on issues deserve to go straight to hell and rot there, silly.

No, fooool, I insult based on complete dumbness and numbness of the poster's thought process.

Thank God you know you can't list anything, so your contribution was utterly dumb.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2009
Sagamite:

No, fooool, I insult based on complete dumbness and numbness of the poster's thought process.

Thank God you know you can't list anything, so your contribution was utterly dumb.

No, you insult people when you disagree with them because that was the way you were brought up by your parents as you must have been seeing your father insult your mother anytime he disagrees with her.

Only idiots would resort to insults anytime they find it supremely difficult to defend a position.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2009
Afam:

No, you insult people when you disagree with them because that was the way you were brought up by your parents as you must have been seeing your father insult your mother anytime he disagrees with her.

Only idiots would resort to insults anytime they find it supremely difficult to defend a position.

Ediot, your logic process fails you again.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
Sagamite:

Ediot, your logic process fails you again.

Just stating facts.

By the way I respond to insults in kind and on time too but I never initiate them as I can defend any position I have with facts, logic and common sense so would not need to insult anyone just because of a disagreement. I will leave such to clowns like you.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Abagworo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2009
to add to arthur eze's i must say that during abacha's regime crude oil was as low as 8dollars per barrel and he never borrowed 1dollar.in contrast during obasanjo's, oil went as high as 150dollar per barrel.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is "Occupy Lekki " Over? / Breaking News; Patience Jonathan Is At It Again. / Breaking News: Explosion Rocks Lagos State- 100 People Comfirmed Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.