Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? (2824 Views)

Immune Boosting Pineapple Peel Drink. / What Is Your Favourite Meal Of The Day And Why ? / How To Make Watermelon And Pineapple Juice Without A Juice Extractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? by edoman2016: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Last week, i went to ketu fruit market to buy some pineapples. I noticed there were two varieties of pineapple sold in the market. They were cotonou pineapple and bendel(nigerian) pineapple. So, i bought each quantities of bendel and cotonou pineapple equally. When i ate both the pineapples at home, i discovered that the cotonou pineapple is sweeter, less acidic and tastier than bendel pineapple. Even though the bendel pineapple is more expensive that it. I end up prefering to be buying cotonou pineapple to bendel (nigerian) pineapple. I felt bad because my actions will not support our local farmers but i still like the cotonou pineapple.
So between the two pineapples, which one do you prefer and why?
Re: Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? by OfficialAwol(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
You would have been charitable enough to supply pictorial representation of your differentiation because I can't identify which is Cotonou or Bendel when I see pineapples

2 Likes

Re: Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? by Ademat7(m): 2:23am On Mar 28, 2017
OfficialAwol:
You would have been charitable enough to supply pictorial representation of your differentiation because I can't identify which is Cotonou or Bendel when I see pineapples
Nice observation; OP picture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? by Olale09: 11:32am On Apr 01, 2019
There is much difference between the both of them ...the cotonou pineapple is no oval at the crown unlike that of Bendel and it is always kind of black u can check Google for the pictures instead
Re: Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? by Mariangeles(f): 4:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
edoman2016:
Last week, i went to ketu fruit market to buy some pineapples. I noticed there were two varieties of pineapple sold in the market. They were cotonou pineapple and bendel(nigerian) pineapple. So, i bought each quantities of bendel and cotonou pineapple equally. When i ate both the pineapples at home, i discovered that the cotonou pineapple is sweeter, less acidic and tastier than bendel pineapple. Even though the bendel pineapple is more expensive that it. I end up prefering to be buying cotonou pineapple to bendel (nigerian) pineapple. I felt bad because my actions will not support our local farmers but i still like the cotonou pineapple.
I prefer the Cotonou pineapple.
It is veeeeeeeeery sweet and I hardly react to it.

I'm allergic to Nigerian pineapple .
Re: Cotonou Pineapple Vs Bendel Pineapple, Which Is Your Favourite? by madgoat(m): 11:06am On Apr 03, 2019
edoman2016:

A very senseless post since its without pictures.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Dangerous Bananas And Plantains / Online Cooking Classes Via Whatsapp / Would Nigerians Be Intrested In Slushy Cold Drinks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.