Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" (18001 Views)

El-rufai: APC Had No Plans For Nigeria; We Just wanted Jonathan Out / "We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / Aisha Yesufu To El-Rufai: "APC Is The 419 Party" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by dre11(m): 5:58am On Mar 27, 2017
The Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, told a team of Daily Trust editors, in an exclusive interview, has accused APC members with 2019 Presidential ambition of twisting the content of his memo to President Muhammadu Buhari to achieve sinister motives.

By Abdulkareem Baba Aminu, Lawan Danjuma Adamu and Andrew Agbese

The Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, told a team of Daily Trust editors, in an exclusive interview, has accused APC members with 2019 Presidential ambition of twisting the content of his memo to President Muhammadu Buhari to achieve sinister motives.

He said:

“This is a memo from an APC governor to an APC president, but who is shouting more than everyone? It is the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) people that are trying to describe who I am to an APC president. Many of these things going on are being driven by the PDP, who think that they have got something to mind. Secondly, within our party, there are people that have started running for the presidency. There are people that think Buhari is finished and will not run for a second time, blah blah blah. They are running for 2019, so they will do everything to twist what is in that memo.

I believe I am a target because there is a pattern and I can give you few examples in the last two weeks. I am a target because I made everyone that has the ambition to run for the president of Nigeria know that I am a Buharist. As long as Buhari is around, there is no point even talking to me. So I am a target. And those that have these ambitions know that when 2019 comes, by the grace of God and President Buhari says he wants to run, I will be at the frontline fighting for him.

If by 2019 President Buhari says, ‘I am not running, this is the person I am supporting,’ they know I can die to make sure that person becomes the president. They know that I will follow Buhari.

So I have no friends among those with presidential ambition. This is what is going on. I can go on and list examples. In the last three to four weeks, someone planted a story that the Kaduna State Assembly wanted to impeach me. It’s totally false. Someone planted a story on the social media that I collapse from time to time since I went for primaries in Kogi. And I said, ‘I have never collapsed in my life, never.’

In the last three weeks again, this memo was leaked and there are stories that I leaked it because I want to distance myself from the government and I have this or that ambition. If you read that memo you would see that one of my concerns is that we need to clean up our political space so that President Buhari would run again. This is my aspiration. There were stories that I refused to receive the president.

I have enrolled in a part-time PhD programme at the University-Merit in the Netherlands. It was the vice president that wrote the recommendation for me to get admitted into the programme, so I am not doing it without the knowledge of the authorities. It is a programme that requires me to go to the Netherlands for two weeks and most of it is research-based. I do the research in my spare time. That was where I was when I got a call from the president that he would be returning to Nigeria on Friday. I was in the Netherlands, but I did everything, including getting a friend of mine with a private jet to send me a plane so I could come back and receive the president, but it was simply impossible because even if he sent the jet, the pilot must rest for some hours. In this state, we already have a system in which whenever I am not around, the deputy governor becomes acting governor. This has happened at least 15 times. I write to the state Assembly just like the president wrote when he was going. So, I got the consent of the president to have the deputy governor receive him while I continued with my programme. That was what happened.

Many of the things you see going on, even the situation in Southern Kaduna, there are people with presidential ambition that are investing in it to make it look worse, to target me.

We read yesterday that my former chief of staff, Hadiza Bala Usman, had given people 25,000 dollars. Hadiza is in Senegal or somewhere attending some official events and I called her and told her: ‘You must sue the paper, let them prove their case.’

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/why-apc-members-with-2019-presidential-ambition-are-after-me-el-rufai/190830.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by eezeribe(m): 6:01am On Mar 27, 2017
El-rufai sent memo to Buhari,in his mind he is smart.He also needs his own memo sent to him.
He has not removed the Log in his eyes,he now wants to remove the stick in Buhari's Eyes.
Both Buhari and El-rufai are birds of a feather,in terms of Ethnic and Religious matters.

I DEDICATE this FTC to Mamman Daura,The head of the cabal.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by sarrki(m): 6:02am On Mar 27, 2017
All of you are wasting your time

Nigerians will speak in one voice then

it's too early

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by CplusJason: 6:04am On Mar 27, 2017
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass and a rod for the fool's back.

El-rufai deserves a rod.

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by 2kris(m): 6:10am On Mar 27, 2017
Every body is after this shortman.
Witches.kidnappers,armed robbers,ritualist,deputy gov,kaduna south,fada inlaws,fayose,babalawo,
And now apc party chieftain.
May be he should travel to saudi arabia and stone the devil with his bathroom sleepers or that shoe he bought in bakin dogo kd

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by DrDeji20(m): 6:12am On Mar 27, 2017
forget that story. APC lost focus when they start accepting defectors.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by omenkaLives(m): 6:14am On Mar 27, 2017
I really don't know how to respond to this. sad

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by madridguy(m): 6:20am On Mar 27, 2017
shocked
Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by okosodo: 6:28am On Mar 27, 2017
APC will die naturally, in fact they have started to die

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by kolado(m): 6:32am On Mar 27, 2017
His woes has just begun and no peace for the wicked. APC cannot last beyond 2019.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by TippyTop(m): 6:35am On Mar 27, 2017
El-Rufai goofed big time. He wanted his memo leaked thinking Bubu would die in London. Surprise, surprise Bubu came back (albeit a vegetable)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:37am On Mar 27, 2017
El Rufai sef... Did any of those people force you to write the memo undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by Baawaa(m): 6:53am On Mar 27, 2017
Very soon,the truth will surface,I reserved my comment

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by AnyibestDede(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2017
This guy is a born LIAR!

9 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by dunkem21(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2017
The man is wailing .. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:10am On Mar 27, 2017
This is a memo from an APC governor to an APC president, but who is shouting more than everyone? It is the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) people that are trying to describe who I am to an APC president. Many of these things going on are being driven by the PDP, who think that they have got something to mind

Daily post is a disgrace to Journalism! No where did El rufai mention APC members with presidential ambitions.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by dahmie2013: 7:13am On Mar 27, 2017
This man has a rare gift called Loyalty. May it be rewarded. I haven't seen someone dis loyal in my life.
Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by OnlyTheBrave: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
grin
Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by Goroz: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
dunkem21:
The man is wailing .. cheesy

GEJ is a force cool
A force? The El fortunato can't even keep PDP in order

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by GenBloodykiIler: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
I really don't know how to respond to this. sad
then shut up

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by GenBloodykiIler: 7:34am On Mar 27, 2017
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:

Daily post is a disgrace to Journalism! No where did El rufai mention APC members with presidential ambitions.
[/s]
shatap you paid sycophant

13 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by AngelicBeing: 7:35am On Mar 27, 2017
Useless post, next news jare wink

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by three: 7:35am On Mar 27, 2017
dre11:

"I have enrolled in a part-time PhD programme at the University-Merit in the Netherlands. It was the vice president that wrote the recommendation for me to get admitted into the programme, so I am not doing it without the knowledge of the authorities. It is a programme that requires me to go to the Netherlands for two weeks and most of it is research-based. I do the research in my spare time."

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/why-apc-members-with-2019-presidential-ambition-are-after-me-el-rufai/190830.html

He actually has spare time? shocked

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by modelsms10: 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Like it like Suleman.
Btw shey Suleman talk say El rufai go kpai. How come him still dey?

Anyway, check my signature pls

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by DIKEnaWAR: 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Tired of reading about El rufai and Buhari with their memo. What of Aisha and the other room?

This government is good in entertaining us. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by Agimor(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by whela(m): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Are you for real
Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by DoreJoe(m): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2017
APC is still playing the opposition up till now abah!! Please somebody should remind them that they are the ruling party
Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by ajebuter(f): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2017
Dwarf in size and stature..
Giant in ethnic ,religious and political bigotry and bias..
Iranu

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by sakalisis(m): 7:46am On Mar 27, 2017
Ok
Re: El-Rufai: "APC Members With 2019 Presidential Ambition Are After Me" by jbhill(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
he said he can die for bubu.
kip kwayeti.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Plagiarized Richard Buckminster Without Credit / Reply To Reno Omokri: How Mbaka Openly Criticised Buhari / NLC, NANS Protest In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.