Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! (12724 Views)

This Wedding IV In The Form Of Nigerian Passport / This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. / Check This Awesome Work Of Art. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 6:37am On Apr 14, 2010
smiley.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by jaybee3(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2010
I love d second one kiss kiss kiss
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 6:41am On Apr 14, 2010
Ok.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by jaybee3(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2010
I'm sure u know what a cold blooded man like me would love. embarassed embarassed
I seriously need a commissioning wink wink. we pay top dollars 2 grin grin shocked shocked
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2010
ok.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 9:03am On Apr 14, 2010
madlady:

smiley smiley

Oh sorry about your back, it sounds quite bad,hope you get better soon.

That chair will be much better for you when you are able to start playing again.

What chair do you use in your office or at home,try using a good quality excersice ball,get one that's right for your height.

I use one at home.

Its a pity you and your bf cannot afford to buy, are you sure  its not possible,with your combined incomes it would be much better than renting (could be worth checking into)

Yes I paint, I am having a dry spell at the moment. Pallete knife art, well you use a pallete knife instead of a paint brush, it's normallly done with thick oils, straight from the tube. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

yes naa. For a moment there I thought I was an old woman. lol! grin grin grin Than when the doctor told me its because of my Cello. I brought the Cello to the Cello Shop it takes me 2 hours by plane to Kuala Lumpur, and than I wait for 3 hours at the airport and than another 40 mins by plane to Johor just to go to the Cello Shop and the lady told me that the reason why I have a back ache because Im still new to this and also because my chair is not proper and also because the Cello is one size too big for me. Well, I fell in love with Alexandre (my cello) ever since I first saw it (My sister and her husband bought it for me for my Birthday present last year and theres no way Im going to change my cello for some other cello whom happen to be the right size for me. . . sad It is kinda sad really. . . sad cry

Yes, we both cannot afford to buy a house just yet cause both of us wanted to start a business. We are trying and life is not easy but I thank God for his blessings towards us.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 10:04am On Apr 14, 2010
^^Oh I see your business should come 1st undecided I think.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 15, 2010
Gabry this art works are wonderful oo cheesy cheesy cheesy. I am enjoying this thread tongue wink
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 1:49am On Apr 15, 2010
madlady:

^^Oh I see your business should come 1st undecided I think.

Do you recall, when I 1st saw you sitting at your cello, I said it may be too big for you and that you should change your chair.
     But it will soon be fine, I am sure.

Yes god is great. kiss kiss kiss kiss

lol!!! Ma Lady, what do you mean by business should come first I think?  grin

U see, I come from a typical Asian Family. And the worst part is that Im 1/2 Chinese. Not that I dont like being Chinese but Chinese culture is very very complicated. When a Chinese parents have a Daughter, she must find a partner whom comes from a wealthy background. Like the guy's parents must be rich. In my case, my bf is not rich so its kinda hard for my parents to accept him. The worst part is that already he is not rich, he is a foreignor and above all, he is black. U know how is it with Asians and Black.

Of course I dont care what my parents tells me but I want to make a point that its not that bad getting married to a guy whom basically has nothing and will eventually make something out of his life.

My parents failed to understand that they themselves comes from a poor family. . .  undecided I know they dont want me to suffer like they did but being rich does not guarantees happiness. They fail to understand that.

Yes naa, I remember you told me that my cello was too big for me and you were right. It was 1 size too big for me. I cannot help it. I love Alexandre so much and I wouldnt trade him for any other Cello's in the world sad The only thing I would change about him is his strings. Thats it. The rest are perfect to my eyes.

The ball which you mention, is it a big ball where u can sit on and than I use that to play the cello??  shocked

Hmmm. . . Regarding your art work, the 2nd pic, did you use a pallette knife to do that as well? Where I come from, unfortunately art is not important sad I wish it is cause I love art too. Over here is famous for the Water Activities (diving, snorkeling, scuba, banana boat and etc) and also the oil and gas industry.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 1:49am On Apr 15, 2010
luizworld:

Gabry this art works are wonderful oo cheesy cheesy cheesy. I am enjoying this thread tongue wink

When you stick out your tongue, I hope you are not teasing me oo sad
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 15, 2010
Gabry:

When you stick out your tongue, I hope you are not teasing me oo  sad
haba gabry. they are awesome cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 3:13am On Apr 15, 2010
luizworld:

Thank you for the compliment. cheesy wink
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 5:17am On Apr 15, 2010
Ok.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 5:35am On Apr 15, 2010
luizworld:

So you like art too. wink
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 6:59am On Apr 15, 2010
madlady:

Yes I do understand what you mean with regards to  wealth being important to your family.
My father and big brother are of the same traditional belief (I am not) but it's hard to fight your family.
It's good that you and your bf  are trying to make a very good financial life for yourself, it will show your family that your bf can provide for your children and yourself.

I did not know your bf is black, what nation his he  from?

Art is not really regarded that highly amongst my peeps ,  being from Jamaican Jewish parents only my mother, cousins and my younger family know much about it, money and academic achievements all that counts to lots of the old set.

The  2ND painting I gave you is an oil done on board with fine brushes  not pallete knife smiley

I will show you a picture of the exercises ball I said you should get for your home use, it will help you to keep your back in line,
I use it because my back plays-up from time to time (I am top heavy) so I use the ball at home and my boss allows me to use  one in the office. I use the green one because I am 5 foot 10, you may need the red one, they also help to keep your tummy flat.

Ma lady, how many siblings you have in your family and is your brother the eldest in your family? Its not fair when people have the mentality that we have to choose a rich partner, Is it by force for everyone to be rich? If everyone is rich, they wont be workers to do various jobs. everyone will be the president.

U're Jewish?    shocked  shocked  shocked                                                                                                                                     grin

Ohhhh that ball. Well, my brother has a green ball. He bought it when he was travelling to Singapore. I dont see that kinda ball here in Malaysia. But Im amaze if it could make your tummy flat. Like we sit on it and straighten our back and our stomach will go flat?

lol. U didnt know my bf is Black? grin Well, he is a Nigerian and its been 2 + 4 years we've been together
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2010
Ok.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by zarrek000(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2010
Microsoft Paint, something i do for fun

Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 3:57am On Apr 16, 2010
madlady:

^^Yes I am but I do not practice, my mother does.

I have 2 brothers,the eldest is 25 years my senior (my dad was married before,his 1st wife died) and a baby brother.

Yes I agree with you we cannot all be rich, a street cleaner  deserves my respect as much as a doctor.

Yes the balls are great for your posture which helps to strengthen your core muscles thereby tightening your pelvic girdle.
     I bounce up and down on mine, and the one at home I do a full work out on. I  lay across it on my back, it really stretches me.
     You can buy them on line.

You sound very happy with your bf, I wish you a long and happy life together. kiss kiss kiss

Haha! That means you're the first Jewish friend which I have in my entire life!!! Ive always wanted to have a Jewish friend just because. . . well. . . DOnt laugh ooo embarassed lipsrsealed well, because of the word "Mazeltov". I dont know what does it mean but I like that word and it sounds like some candy bar so uhmm. . . thats the reason for it embarassed I know its crazy but thats what came in my head. Heheh! cheesy

By the way, what does Mazeltov means?

ok I will try purchase the ball next month as Im outta budget for this month after buying my bf a birthday gift grin and also next month I wanted to buy a beanbag. Hooray! grin cheesy grin

Yes naa. he is my first and present bf and weve been through good and trying times. As the years go by, I appreciate him and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to know him. Even if we dont end up together in the future, I will always cherish everything which he have done. kiss
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 3:58am On Apr 16, 2010
zarrek000:

Microsoft Paint, something i do for fun

Wow! That amazing!!! Especially the background. I wonder how did u do that shocked
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 3:59am On Apr 16, 2010
Heres what I done for today. Its also MS Paint.   wink

Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by zarrek000(m): 4:25am On Apr 16, 2010
Gabry:

Heres what I done for today. Its also MS Paint.   wink

not bad Gabry, A lil more practice and you'll be a pro, heres another i did, took me approximately 11 minutes

Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 7:03am On Apr 16, 2010
Great.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2010
Gabry:

Heres what I done for today. Its also MS Paint. wink

Woops I nearly missed this, I love the colours smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2010
zarrek000:

not bad Gabry, A lil more practice and you'll be a pro, heres another i did, took me approximately 11 minutes

11 mins for that shocked shocked shocked Wow! Did u use a mouse or a MS Paint Pen?

madlady:

He sounds great, I hope you do stay together. It's wonderful when great peeps come into our lives, it's like a blessing from god.

What did you get for your bf birthday gift?

Mazeltov means congratulations but my mother Say's it means good luck

I will post some fabric paintings, they are being framed so when I collect them I will show 1 or 2 (if I am still around) kiss kiss kiss

Heheh! I got him an I Touch. He has been wanting to get one but never get the opportunity to so I save up for a year for it and finally I got it for him online. The coolest thing is that they even could engrave his name on the body of the Itouch.He is going to love it!!! I know if he knows that im buying it, he would be expcting for an 8GB one but I got him a 62 GB one. cheesy

What do you mean by if you are still around? shocked shocked shocked

madlady:

Woops I nearly missed this, I love the colours smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Thank you naa. Whats your favorite color? smiley
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2010
I see.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2010
madlady:

Woh your bf's a lucky fellow, and you've had it engraved shocked shocked, your a great gf.

I am not sure I have a fav colour,maybe gold undecided.

I am waiting for this nasty dust to clear, so that I can go to Jamaica. None or hardly any flights leaving from the UK so just cooling my heels.

Hear is the fabric painting I promised you, its just back from the framer, it's not original, it's a copy a friend commissioned. smiley smiley

I owe him alot considering the first 6 months of Hell Dating I gave to him and the countless times of breakups I force on him. . . It was really my fault. I originaly plan was to get a hotel and r. . .a. . p . e . . him  shocked  shocked tongue embarassed lipsrsealed just kidding!  grin

What nasty dust?

hey I heard theres a Volcano eruption in Iceland causing all flights to be cancelled in the UK due to the thick mud smoke in the sky. I wonder what is the people working for the airlines going to do? Were they being let off from their job? I hope not? Has the cloud cleared up already?

And now Im wondering how on earth did you do that piece of art  shocked  shocked  shocked that was magificent!!! Its cloth?

Sorry for the really really late reply. I just got back from a business trip and next week Ill be travelling again sad
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by leuelliot(m): 4:27am On Apr 26, 2010
Hi gabry and ma lady! i have been reading this thread 4 some time now and i just want to say you two are the best. i love art but dont have the patience to sit down and design or draw. but whenever i do draw or design its off da hook.

Gabry you are the best gf a guy could ever have, u got him an ipod touch 64gb that rocks. My gf smashed mine.

Ma lady i had no idea you where jewish thats awesome smiley and you make nice art.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2010
leuelliot:

Hi gabry and ma lady! i have been reading this thread 4 some time now and i just want to say you two are the best. i love art but dont have the patience to sit down and design or draw. but whenever i do draw or design its off da hook.

Gabry you are the best gf a guy could ever have, u got him an ipod touch 64gb that rocks. My gf smashed mine.

Ma lady i had no idea you where jewish thats awesome smiley and you make nice art.

hjey, nice to meet you  wink  And why did your gf smashed yours?    shocked  shocked  shocked lipsrsealed cry
Does she knows that the I touch cost a BOMB? sad
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2010
. smiley smiley.
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by leuelliot(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2010
@ma lady yep, we have meet before on that crazy thread cool

@Gabry she said i have another girl friend. cus i refused to Bleep her one night. she then came up with this insane idea that i get satisfaction from another girl. Lame!!
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by Gabry(f): 4:34pm On May 03, 2010
madlady:

The volcano ash , planes are moving so hopefully I will be on my way soon, if not I will cancel my trip.

I really did not think about the plane staff embarassed embarassed, I wonder  what will be the backlash for them undecided

So you gave you bf a hard time at first, I am sure he's forgiven you kiss, well you can carry out your eh eh treat lipsrsealed

I hope your business trip went well and your not too tired.

Nothing new my end, oh I've just been to see a car I may buy undecided undecided.

Hey how's your back?

Hey so sorry sister. I just came back from my trip. Nothing new. Alot of back stabbing, alot of tempers flying across the room, alot of scandals and so on but to me, all this is located in my toilet bowl, waiting for me to flush it all to China!

At the same time, my bf and I celebrated our birthday earlier as it is the only time we get to spend time together for this month and we exchange our gifts. He got me a Timbaland Bag which was sooo Cool and I love it! cheesy And I thank God he loved the present I got him as well. We both went for dinner and than heading off to the movies and than we both bought a cake and celebrate. I love it alot and it was my most perfect birthday ever! We finish off the night with ehmm. heheh! U know now embarassed tongue

What do u mean by eh eh treat?

Hmmm. . . If the planes are not flying, I guess it will affect the job market in thr airline industry sad Where are u right now?

leuelliot:

@Gabry she said i have another girl friend. cus i refused to Bleep her one night. she then came up with this insane idea that i get satisfaction from another girl. Lame!!

How come u refuse to S*** her one night? Were u tired? And did you give her a reason on why you dont want it?
Re: U, Me and Our Work of Art - All form of ARTS are WELCOME! by madlady(f): 5:26pm On May 03, 2010
OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Designers How Long Do You Take To Complete A Project? / A Thread For Charcoal Portrait Artists / A Fine Art Photography Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.