Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

The Painful Story Of Chicky - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Painful Story Of Chicky (556 Views)

ABIKU: The Painful Story / STORY: The Painful Pleasure (EPISODE 1) / Her Painful Story . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Painful Story Of Chicky by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 27, 2017
My first time in this section grin
I hope you'll enjoy this short story.
It's partly true.

As it is the culture of most Nigerian homes to dine with chicken during xmas period, well, ours weren't different. My dad got two but the other was just a little lad of a chicken as we nurse hope of killing it on Easter. We killed the other and believe me, the taste was divine cause i cooked it myself. I could still perceive the tempting aroma as i write and with every gulp, i savour it.

Christmas was gone, everyone was back to business, but the spared little chicken remained. My little bro took it upon himself to care for it, for her every food and water. It was like a pet to him and i wasted no time to name her, Chicky.

Chicky was growing pretty fast and fatty, it was like there were some magic properties in her feed, my little bro was over feeding her so the effects were inevitable. However, Chicky was behaving more like a pet than a creature that will soon met the end, she forgot that her existence was to make meals tasty. How could she forget the one thing that awaits every fowl, the very essence of being a fowl? How could she? As i watch from a distance, she appeared settled and comfortable. She always trundle around with majestic steps, chest out as if overwhelmed by ego. She knows everyone by footsteps and sounds and as long as you're serving her, pouring huge amount of chicken feed in her pans, you're her friend.

The most puzzling aspect is something i can't rap my finger on. Whenever i grab a bread, she will always run in an attempt to take a share. How she know and the manner she comes never cease to amaze me. Unlike most fowls, you can pat her at the back and she will remain still without moving an inch. She was quite an adorable creature, but her fate was inescapable.

Months pass, she was getting bigger and the bond that exist, stronger. We'll laugh at her funny behaviour, play with her feed and sometimes, trick her around with breads. Chicky was lively and every moments with her were adorable. She was the only creature in the compound apart from we, so she felt like a queen.

"We'll kill that chicken this Sunday." I overheard my dad telling my grandma and instantly, my heart sunk beneath my being. How? Why should we kill her? I felt a moisture, building up around my eyes and i hated myself for it. My little bro was in the kitchen, washing some plates and unaware of the fate that has befalls the only friend he feels so drawn to. His expression was that of ignorance as i wept with hurt.

Sunday morning! I don't know but my awakening was due to a bang at my window. "Henry, get up and get ready to kill that chicken." Ooohhhh no..! Why would i be the one to kill it? Why would my own hands decide the fate of that innocent fat creature? I dare not talk. I'm a man for christ sake. I'm in my late teens so i dare not say such a thing. I dare not exhibit weakness or my dad will see me as a potential failure in life.

I woke up with a heaviness i never knew existed. My heart was beating so hard against my chest and it ache. It hurts so much. The sky was cloudy, making the setting more calm but uncertain. Without a word, without looking at faces, i went to the kitchen and i wept momentarily. I wept for Chicky. Ohhhh, she will be no more by my hands. My own very hands that once cared for her...
Re: The Painful Story Of Chicky by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 27, 2017
Continue!

With sadness, I grabbed a knife with a new resolution. Lemme get done with this. The earlier, the better. I have to move on. I hastily took Chicky and as if by divine lamination, she knew the fate that awaits her as she struggle to live. Her struggle for life, to survive made rolls of tears run down my cheek. [I] But i had to hearten my heart and get over this madness. [/i] Something in me was saying these words and i agree. I had to get over this!

I laid Chicky on the ground, her two legs held firmly to the ground by my legs as i slice the knife through her throat. She jerked. Jerked again...jerking forth warm blood that screams at my soul. My hands were still in motion, in blood, slicing.. to end her pain, to send her to her abode of rest. I never knew i was crying until i tasted my salty tears. So much for being a man. When i was done, when all life has left Chicky, i left it and ran inside my room.

I felt like a murderer for the first time in my life. I weeped as images of chicky force themselves upon me. My bloody hands..her warm innocent blood, jerking for mercy..Or was it for vengeance?

I must have slept off while crying. The only thing i remember was that after i awake, i was in the dinning room, tearing every flesh. Pieces to piece...sucking its bone marrow and nodding at it's sinful taste. I should be morning, i should be weeping for Chicky. But here i am, partaking in cannibalism.! Forgive me Chicky.

By Henry Ibeleme.

Special invite grin

skarlett Twaci
Swann
Jaggugu88li
Dominique
Mhisbliss
Yormhienerd
Ps2
Oyay
Laveda
Lliegh
Creeza
Bibijay123

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Book Review – My Mind Is No Longer Here By Nze-sylva Ifedigbo / Betrayal Of Love Chapter One [MUST READ] / How To Handle Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.