Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

US Students, Professionals And Residents In General, Let's Talk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Students, Professionals And Residents In General, Let's Talk (998 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / Lagos "Least Liveable" Ranking Hard To Believe –foreign Residents In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Students, Professionals And Residents In General, Let's Talk by Priceless200(f): 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
This Thread is for US residents(students, working class, etc) of Nigeria origin.

Tell us your story, how you got to US, how is life in the US, is it a blessing or nah, do you wanna come back or nah.

Give practical advice to your brothers/sisters down in Nigeria who are earnestly aspiring to migrate to US.

Give hints like on rewarding careers in the US, how to prepare while in Nigeria and infact anything that will help.

Also hint us about the American cultures, foods, marriage and relationship, sociaI life etc.

#Note: Indians and Chinese folks are everywhere in America, the have forums like this where they help each other migrate. And the result is very obvious globally. Let's help one another. Thanks.
Re: US Students, Professionals And Residents In General, Let's Talk by Priceless200(f): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
wasiudvd:
I have to be here, after much consideration, I have decide to move to America, settle and have a family. contributions on this thread will help me a lot. I have already started the process. what has been holding me back is fear of unknown.
what are the best way of making illegal stay legal ?
thanks.
Definitely by getting your legal papers. Lol.
Well let those more knowledgeable take you through this. Don't be scared though.
Weigh your options and make the right decisions

@Walspring
@Ogwashiukwu
Re: US Students, Professionals And Residents In General, Let's Talk by Priceless200(f): 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
wasiudvd:

thanks!
to be sincere, its fear of unknown that has been holding me here.
I am processing admission for a year course in a college in US, an alumni who have spoke with the admission officer is recommending me (my uncle precisely). the admission will come God willing, I will pay the fees, prepare myself and ensure I get the Visa.
where my fear lie is after that 1 year, I will become illegal immigrant. though I know many have crossed through this path, I will like to have idea of what steps can change illegal to legal.

Check this thread. [General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel - Nigeria] is good,have a look at it! https://www.nairaland.com/3586207/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

Also check previous parts of that thread.

Cc Walspring
Mayflowa
DeeTus
Lagosismyhome
Re: US Students, Professionals And Residents In General, Let's Talk by wasiudvd(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
thanks.
I will go through it.

Priceless200:

Check this thread. [General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel - Nigeria] is good,have a look at it! https://www.nairaland.com/3586207/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

Also check previous parts of that thread.

Cc Walspring
Mayflowa
DeeTus
Lagosismyhome

(1) (Reply)

How Air Peace Caged Passengers Onboard Smokey Plane In A Narrow Escape Crash / Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article / Please I Got An Email From The Embassy I Want To Know If My Visa Is Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.