Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Getting Busy During The Yuletide - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Getting Busy During The Yuletide (887 Views)

Am I Too Busy To Pray Salah? / Satan's Meeting: (please Read Even If You're Busy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Busy During The Yuletide by zayhal(f): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2009
As-Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

DEEN COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED Invites you to participate in a four-day Islamic Awareness Course (KNOWLEDGEBUILDER COURSE 37)

THEME: CORRECTING MISTAKE

DATE: Muharram 8 – 11, 1431 AH (Thursday December 24 – Sunday 27, 2009)

TIME: 9.00am—5.00pm daily

VENUE: Iponri Estate Central Mosque, Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, Lagos.

The Messenger of Allaah said: "Every Son of Adam makes mistakes and the best of those who make mistakes are those who repents"

{Tirmidhee}

REGISTRATION FEES: N1000

For Further Details Contact:

AbdurRaheem AbdusSalaam
DEEN COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
38 Montgomery Road, Yaba, Lagos.
Tel. 0803-327-2396, 08024324516, 0803-307-2317
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by zayhal(f): 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2009
There are some other interesting and educating Islamic programmes too we can engage in t this period to avoid witnessing the celebrations of the nonbelievers.

IVC
MICA etc.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by luvola(m): 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2009
but xtians dont do this to muslim. at least we do celebrate wit u during eld , y do u muslim hate xtian
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by olabowale(m): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
luvola is funny. we are trying to let you have the whole pig, and wine and palm wine, etc and the silly hats, etc! so you are complaining that we are now out of your way and you should have the whole hog to yourselves?

i am wondering if these christians will not self destruct, since luvola cant even take care of self without haveing the muslims to pounce upon? i have had so any wishing me compliment of the season, or something like that, with their silly emails, etc, and phones. And in my celebrations, i do avoid their sense of sensibilities, not bringing mine to them.

luvola go eat a side of pig, and keep your partying and celebration to yourself! I heard a smart person saying "mother of god" this afternoon, and I cant believe she will say god has a mother. such is your condition; as you smear God with whatever comes to your mind.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by luvola(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ olabowale - i xpect u to behave lik an adult , stop being sentiment
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by olabowale(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2009
i didnt say anything to say am not an adult. I am not being sentimental. I am factual. Every day somebody is sending me a Yuletide greeting, when they know that am a muslim, and their yuletide means nothing to me. They didnt send me a single greeting in any of mine. They even complained that I simply went to pray for just few hours, yet they have the gut to be pushing theirs on me! Luvola, is that how to have good inter-personal relationship?
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by luvola(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2009
i know . am making reference to nig and not u.s.a wher u live, @ olabowale
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by muhsin(m): 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2009
luvola:

@ olabowale - i xpect u to behave lik an adult , stop being sentiment

Why do you have problem with Muslims not celebrating Xmas with you? As Olabowale explains: we don't wanna disturb you in any way, thats why.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by Remii(m): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2009
Subject: ABC FOR KIDDIES!
As-Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Please be informed that our Action Builder Course (ABC) For kiddies will hold as follows:

PROGRAMME : ABC For Kiddies

ORGANIZERS: DEEN COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED

VENUE: Iponri Estate Central Mosque, Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, Lagos.

(Venue of the 37th KBC)

For Further Details Contact:

AbdurRaheem AbdusSalaam
DEEN COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
38 Montgomery Road, Yaba, Lagos.
Tel. 0803-327-2396, 08024324516, 0803-307-2317

Was-Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 25, 2009
Its a pity if a believer like olabowale could call people pigs&non believers just becos of a festive period being celebrated,shows how intolerable,weaked&selfish some muslims are.Ask anyone in Nigeria whever theres muslim festival,how christians&other religious sect join muslims in celebrating,we dnt abuse muslims/critisize them.Olabowale u ve just portrayed islam as an unfriendly,selfish&war religion.Its a pity.Such comments can spark religious war& u re yoruba man.Ko da rara ati rara
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by olabowale(m): 1:41am On Dec 25, 2009
this is my selective abuse; the clique include Toba, Realtol, and Nuclearboy (sometimes)! So what are you mooping for, man?

I am only a human being: May Allah Forgive me, and all Muslims (Amin).
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by luvola(m): 7:40am On Dec 25, 2009
@ sir olabowale - too bad to call xtian pigs, are u sure u a nigerian because u arent behaving lik one. come home and see hw muslim relate wit xtian here in lagos,
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by olabowale(m): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2009
luvola, where did i call xtains, pigs or pig? saying we are out of your way so that you may have the whole pig is that you may cook pigs, and darn know we dont eat it, in normal situation. so what are you people talking about concerning my statement of pigs, or do you eat one another, too?
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by Remii(m): 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2009
olabowale:

luvola is funny. we are trying to let you have the whole pig, and wine and palm wine, etc and the silly hats, etc! so you are complaining that we are now out of your way and you should have the whole hog to yourselves?

i am wondering if these christians will not self destruct, since luvola cant even take care of self without haveing the muslims to pounce upon? i have had so any wishing me compliment of the season, or something like that, with their silly emails, etc, and phones. And in my celebrations, i do avoid their sense of sensibilities, not bringing mine to them.

luvola go eat a side of pig, and keep your partying and celebration to yourself! I heard a smart person saying "mother of god" this afternoon, and I cant believe she will say god has a mother. such is your condition; as you smear God with whatever comes to your mind.

luvola:

@ sir olabowale - too bad to call xtian pigs, are u sure u a nigerian because u arent behaving lik one. come home and see hw muslim relate wit xtian here in lagos,

@toba, luvola et al, please read that post again, I do not think Bro Olabowale called any one pig there unless you are refering to another post else where.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2009
@remii.U dnt know olabowole evrything about him is insultive&abusive.I dnt understand d kind of person he is.Evry1 posting in islam section knows he doesnt know how to reply.Is it d quran that ask him to be maopic in thinking? With his style he will let pple call islam a war religion.Remii in his post(olabowale) he singled out realtor,emeka,nuclearboy&myself as pig&unbeleivers.Is it reasonable for him as a yoruba man & an adult to do so? He wants war of words&im prepared for him till whenever it lasts
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by luvola(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2009
@ remi - i xect sir olabowale as an adult to avoid being insultive , who told him dat all xtians eat pigs ? non of my family including me has ever ate pig b 4. i xpect him as an adult to b our role model irrespective of relig d/f but e behave lik a fanatics, sentimental, hav adult lik him at my cribs dat ar muslims and aren't behaving d way e behave. u can never b my mentor
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by justfash50: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
@To all Nairaland muslims

Pressently am attending the Knowledge builder course Organised by DEEN COMMUNICATION PROGRAMME with the theme CORRECTING MISTAKES.It ends tommorow and really it would have benefited most of us that stays in Lagos to attend especially most brothers that engage Christians in debate.

How i wish the muslims that engage in debate on this forum attend the programme.Really i have learnt a lot from the Programme.there books on Correcting mistakes is on for sale i guess.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by olabowale(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Toba: « #14 on: Yesterday at 03:35:50 PM »
@remii.U dnt know olabowole evrything about him is insultive&abusive.I dnt understand d kind of person he is.Evry1 posting in islam section knows he doesnt know how to reply.Is it d quran that ask him to be maopic in thinking? With his style he will let pple call islam a war religion.Remii in his post(olabowale) he singled out realtor,emeka,nuclearboy&myself as pig&unbeleivers.Is it reasonable for him as a yoruba man & an adult to do so? He wants war of words&im prepared for him till whenever it lasts
You are an unbeliever by Islam. I am an unbeliever by Christianity. But there is never a place I call you either by religion or by tribe pig. I have heard many christans call muslims of the north Malu or nama! Now tell me who is unjust between you and I? I have read your post enough to know that your opinion of me, of muslims, of Islam will not change, until we all become christians. I have news for you, it will not happen! We have come a long way, and out destination does not depend on you.

@luvola: « #15 on: Yesterday at 05:29:37 PM »
@ remi - i xect sir olabowale as an adult to avoid being insultive , who told him dat all xtians eat pigs ? non of my family including me has ever ate pig b 4. i xpect him as an adult to b our role model irrespective of relig d/f but e behave lik a fanatics, sentimental, hav adult lik him at my cribs dat ar muslims and aren't behaving d way e behave. u can never b my mentor
Stop saying things that are not correct about me. I do not insult anyone, until I realise that they will not stop until I let them know that I am not without ability to respond. There is nothing fanatical about me. My business associate is a Christian, and I have never pushed Islam on her. And your people who are muslim must be proud if they know how much you hate the religion of your forebearers after they stop worshipping Idols of yoruba tribes. If you dont eat pig, it is your choice, but my religion prohibits it for me, so I do not have choice in it! Thats the difference.

@Remi; Thanks. These people will want to shove their ideas down your throat. If you resist, you are a bad person. In my entire life, I have dealt with people as humans, ignoring their religion(s). I have many Jews and countless Christians as close associates. I go to their functions, rejoicing in all their successes, and share in their sorrows. It is among Nigerian Christians that I have encountered so much viles. It started with Havilla in 2006, against Mukina2, the reason I registered on Nairaland. Otherwise, I could just have been guest, an occasional reader of posts! And since them, many have been unabashed at their lies against my prophet (AS) by the many accusations. The list is unending.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by luvola(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ sir olabowale - b inform dat i didn't hate muslim but it just dat u pple feel lik eliminating xtians
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2009
Olabowale ur assertions abt me&my posts is very untrue&absolutely incorrect.what makes d world going is 2 i.e 2different views with dat there ll be competition.Even in football.I ve never imposed xtianity on any1.Dis arguement was started by ur fellow muslims trying evrytime to critisize jesus&xtians in turn must defend their saviour.If u no sme1 like abuzola hes d master in dat.It comes down to respecting eachothers opinion&beliefs on both sides.Dats d solution
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2009
Olabowale u said one right. i.e no one can change eachother.dats d truth.If any person converts its God dat changed d person&not any1.No matter how much i talk/u talk no1 can change eachother.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by zayhal(f): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2009
These are few of the things we learnt at KBC

POINTS TO BE NOTED WHEN CORRECTING PEOPLE'S MISTAKES

1. Sincerity towards Allah- Your intention should be to earn the pleasure of Allah, not to demonstrate your superiority or to vent your anger to impress others.

2. Knowledge about the deen- You should have a sound knowledge about the deen and not talk out of ignorance.

3. Know that making mistakes is part of human nature.

4. Understand the personality that you're correcting, if you can't correct the person, look for someone who can do it better. The important thing is that the mistake should be corrected.

5. Saying that someone is wrong should be based on Shariah evidence and proper understanding, not on ignorance and the fact that you happen not to like it.

6.The more serious a mistake is, the more effort should be made to correct it.

7. Make a distinction between one ho errs out of ignorance and one who errs despite his knowledge.

8. Be careful lest correcting one mistake leads to a bigger mistake.

9.Don't think you're the one to do the correction. It's Allah. So alays put it before Allah to make your effort fruitful.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by muhsin(m): 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
Salam, Zayhal

Very good lessons, Sis.

May Allah, the Exalted, give us the ability to heed to these advices, ameen.

I wish I was part of that KBC.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by zayhal(f): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
Wa alaykum salam

This is just little of what was discussed there. The programme was really loaded. You know it took 4 whole days.

It comes up I think 3-4 times in a year. So perhaps when u're in Lagos sometime, you may be opportuned to attend.
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by muhsin(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2009
Good, Sis.

A little bit by the way; I have never been to Lagos. grin
Re: Getting Busy During The Yuletide by zayhal(f): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
Uh-oh. You don't mean it. Do come and visit lagos o. You have to. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Susann Bashir, Muslim Woman Convert, Wins $5 Million Verdict From AT&T / Mohammed Video / Dear Oh Dear Sister (sober Reflection)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.