Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men (54528 Views)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by FengChui(m): 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
majour:
This is awesome, definitely a time to define how your future will be, with or without money, when you lack, that when creativity is born, I MIT not be doing well as I hope for now but am very positive for a better tomorrow, as usual, many like me wishes we have women who can understand us and help us attain our goal, two is better than one isn't it

Na lie, na bae wey u go fvck with all ur frustration u dey find.
Lol

5 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2017
I'm 24 but I thank God for the blessing. I own a lots of things which average of Nigerians dont own. I pray God to Give you too

5 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by slykonvict: 12:43am On Mar 28, 2017
Lil
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Sampunk(m): 1:51am On Mar 28, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Chai....op u don expose us finish ooo.

Nice write up boss.
Lol... I dey tell you ooooh... But I like that because it made us know we are not alone in this...

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Sampunk(m): 1:55am On Mar 28, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

Thanks dear!! Wish all ladies can be like you... Not this our pepper dem gang and slay generation we are having now
grin
alaricsaltzman:

Thanks dear!! Wish all ladies can be like you... Not this our pepper dem gang and slay generation we are having now
D;
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Sampunk(m): 1:59am On Mar 28, 2017
angry undecided meeennnhhh.... It has not been easy with muah in this stage of life ooooh... The burden and pressure is much... Talkless of all this bitches that will end up stressing your life the more.... Mtcheeew....

5 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by majour(m): 6:43am On Mar 28, 2017
FengChui:

Na lie, na bae wey u go fvck with all ur frustration u dey find.
Lol
k
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by dingbang(m): 7:35am On Mar 28, 2017
Death ...
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 28, 2017
alaricsaltzman:
Found this interesting piece on facebook and i decided to share...enjoy

The most difficult age for any man born in Nigeria should be between 24 and 29 years, the pressure to be something, to be someone is so immense. When you look around you everyone seems to be doing something for themselves, people seem to be living a life you only dream of. You have applied for jobs and the results have been more disappointing than Yakubu Aiyegbeni goal miss at the world cup.

Sadly this is the age when most guys lose it, the age when if not careful one is consumed by alcohol or drugs, because the disappointments become too much and you find alternative ways to face reality. Worse is when a few people you studied with have been lucky enough to land
jobs, soon your circle of friends gets thinner – mostly they don’t even cut you out but you will be real with yourself and cut yourself off. I mean what will you do when you are in a WhatsApp group of friends and they are discussing about last week’s trip in Dubai and planning another trip to South Africa while you are not sure of what your next meal would be?

Most times you follow the conversation silently, all alone like a cross on the grave. Soon you realize this is no longer your kind of crowd because the more you keep around the more the pressure to be something, takes a toll on you. You know when stories about house parties
come up and you act deaf because you don’t know where an extra 5 guys would fit in your house. Have you ever sat in a group of people discussing the new iPhone on the market or how British Airways offers poo services and you can feel your heart whisper to you "boss this is chest pain hour, can we just go and find a group that talks about GMAT, SHL, Dragnet, jobberman or job vacancies sites".

But you sit there as these people are lost in their lifestyle conversations, you are like a secretary taking minutes in meeting. You are totally forgotten like one of a woman’s breasts during pre-intimacy. Once in a while one of the friends will turn and ask if you need another drink and you wonder if you should just say No and head home, but head home to do what? So you grudgingly drop in the comment “I will have just one last one“...Lie!!!

But after a few years of job hunting, you are now ready to take anything even if is to smell a rich man’s farts as long as it pays, so you end up as an office messenger in one blue chip company in town. To imagine that 4-5 years of studying and getting a degree is now reduced to picking and dropping off letters and if you are not doing that, you are being sent for cheap lunch by the employees when they are broke and they can’t order with fast food. This is when conversations about where people schooled start, you go silent for it’s no longer of any use to say you also reached University, it doesn’t matter – you have resorted to surviving.

Once in while you will bump into your now well to do classmates, they would offer you lunch, but not even eating the meals at Eko Hotel or Sheraton will make you feel better about yourself, because in your mind you wish instead they would give you the 30k and you sort your meals for the next 5 weeks. As it is the norm you will have photos taken, and uploaded on Facebook, but always it’s your face that would look the odd one out – not even the best filters can hide a face which has suffered the city's dust and sun but survives on boiled beans.

The worst mistake you can do during this period is to try and date – there is nothing that a person going through such times can offer in terms of love. How are you going to do evening romantic walks when you are tired from walking delivering letters in offices around town? What are you going to tell your lady when she says she wants to go for relaxation at the bar, pool or love garden sites that are in town? That your financial religion doesn’t allow it or what? This is the age when you sit back and watch as the ladies you would want to date are dating or getting married to guys 10 years older than you. And you can’t blame them – it’s only that your life seems to be progressing slower than their goals in life. Most of the ladies you meet during this period, if you are lucky will be patient with you till you hit 28, and if by then your life is still in disarray like Leicester city's performance in the EPL then my friend be prepared for a walk out.

But then this is the age when you learn a lot of about life, if you can hack through this stage of life the only hard moment in your life would be when you lose your parents - that’s if you are still lucky enough to have them. This stage teaches you a lot about perseverance, about appreciating the small wins you have each day, it teaches you something about friendship, love, career growth and personal responsibility. This is always your rise or fall moment depending on the choices you make.

How you live your life in the 30’s is determined by how you handled your life in this phase. Do not Give up. Do not Be Depressed. remain focused and create a Strategy. Be consistent, you must Surely Win. Peace cool cool

Cc: lalasticlala, seun

You must be a needle cuz this writeup is so on point
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Abudu2000(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Kaeyzo:
I'm 24 but I thank God for the blessing. I own a lots of things which average of Nigerians dont own. I pray God to Give you too
Yahoo boy alert!!!!

11 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by freshkik(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2017
This is simply reality
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by speezyWears: 9:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:

Don't get me wrong. I slay when I want to and do pepperdem when I feel like. It still doesn't take anything from my brain. Except 1 full hour of makeup and 30 minutes selecting the right pepperdem outfit wink

Marry Me.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by beyondwalls: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2017
True talk!

I wish it stops at 29 but you know this even get carried into 30s and that can be very sad and frustrating. More frustrating even at 40s
At the stage where one is supposed to be occupied with leaving legacy for the children born/unborn or yet to be adopted, shey na persin wey never see hinsef finish wan think generation heritage.

Background and the undeveloped world we find ourselves are more challenging factors. But more importantly is self determination and discipline cos the former can be powerful propelling force to forge that required identity and much more a lasting heritage.

Jah bless my hustle!

alaricsaltzman:

The most difficult age for any man born in Nigeria should be between 24 and 29 years, the pressure to be something, to be someone is so

8 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Charliiee(m): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2017
Sampunk:

Lol... I dey tell you ooooh... But I like that because it made us know we are not alone in this...
Lol, misery sure loves company.

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by PoisonedOne: 10:16am On Mar 28, 2017
I think you're right.
You graduate around 24yrs, waits a year for nysc call up letter (unless you're lucky to be called up immediately), you finish NYSC at 26yrs. You job-hunt for few months (years) before getting a 50k job cry , meanwhile you're now 28 or 29years old shocked . You're not thinking of marriage yet and no serious relationship 'cause no reasonable girl will take your 'serious' relationship seriously with that type of financial backup. Sometimes education and the question for certification delay us from achieving a lot. Let me share my own .

When I was in school I do visit my eldest brother who runs businesses and has many apprentices (boi boi). These boys respect me and envy for having a rich brother that sent me to the university. They felt as if they're beneath me and envy my student's swag, poise and gait. I always dress better and behave better and present myself better than them. Then I noticed that as I got to 400level most of these apprentices have become manager, before I proceed for my NYSC 3 of them have been "settled" and have become their own boss.

I finished my NYSC,came to Lag and found out that these guys are not doing bad,they have there own business and are taking charge of their lives, one of them has even registered for part time studies in unilag . Then, my job-hunting began,I couldn't secure a job within the next 5 - 6 months. They no longer envy me ,rather, they wished me well ( still believing in their minds that my brothers would help me if I need anything).

Moreover, I stopped searching for jobs, learnt a business and I'm so happy for that decision. You can't always get a good job ,but you can always start something good on your own.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by martineverest(m): 10:29am On Mar 28, 2017
fernandoc:
I'm 27. Still in this phase. God help us.
even when ur pics says u are in early thirties?

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

To all the men out there struggling to create an identity, know that we, the women in your life appreciate you.

We see you, we know the pressure on you. Most importantly, we have your back all the way.

Especially to my father, brothers and my future husband, I see you and I will be true all the way there.

#hustlersmindset

This is so heartwarming. I swear, I am not crying but I think a speck of dust got into my eyes.

Thanks so much for this.

I am sending hugs and good wishes on your way. Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Matthew4sure(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2017
God is the leader

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by RealHaute: 10:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

To all the men out there struggling to create an identity, know that we, the women in your life appreciate you.

We see you, we know the pressure on you. Most importantly, we have your back all the way.

Especially to my father, brothers and my future husband, I see you and I will be true all the way there.

#hustlersmindset

You're the MVP. cool

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by napoleon77(m): 10:33am On Mar 28, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

The most difficult age for any man born in Nigeria should be between 24 and 29 years, the pressure to be something, to be someone is so immense. When you look around you everyone seems to be doing something for themselves, people seem to be living a life you only dream of. You have applied for jobs and the results have been more disappointing than Yakubu Aiyegbeni goal miss at the world cup.

Sadly this is the age when most guys lose it, the age when if not careful one is consumed by alcohol or drugs, because the disappointments become too much and you find alternative ways to face reality. Worse is when a few people you studied with have been lucky enough to land
jobs, soon your circle of friends gets thinner – mostly they don’t even cut you out but you will be real with yourself and cut yourself off. I mean what will you do when you are in a WhatsApp group of friends and they are discussing about last week’s trip in Dubai and planning another trip to South Africa while you are not sure of what your next meal would be?

Most times you follow the conversation silently, all alone like a cross on the grave. Soon you realize this is no longer your kind of crowd because the more you keep around the more the pressure to be something, takes a toll on you. You know when stories about house parties
come up and you act deaf because you don’t know where an extra 5 guys would fit in your house. Have you ever sat in a group of people discussing the new iPhone on the market or how British Airways offers poo services and you can feel your heart whisper to you "boss this is chest pain hour, can we just go and find a group that talks about GMAT, SHL, Dragnet, jobberman or job vacancies sites".

But you sit there as these people are lost in their lifestyle conversations, you are like a secretary taking minutes in meeting. You are totally forgotten like one of a woman’s breasts during pre-intimacy. Once in a while one of the friends will turn and ask if you need another drink and you wonder if you should just say No and head home, but head home to do what? So you grudgingly drop in the comment “I will have just one last one“...Lie!!!

But after a few years of job hunting, you are now ready to take anything even if is to smell a rich man’s farts as long as it pays, so you end up as an office messenger in one blue chip company in town. To imagine that 4-5 years of studying and getting a degree is now reduced to picking and dropping off letters and if you are not doing that, you are being sent for cheap lunch by the employees when they are broke and they can’t order with fast food. This is when conversations about where people schooled start, you go silent for it’s no longer of any use to say you also reached University, it doesn’t matter – you have resorted to surviving.

Once in while you will bump into your now well to do classmates, they would offer you lunch, but not even eating the meals at Eko Hotel or Sheraton will make you feel better about yourself, because in your mind you wish instead they would give you the 30k and you sort your meals for the next 5 weeks. As it is the norm you will have photos taken, and uploaded on Facebook, but always it’s your face that would look the odd one out – not even the best filters can hide a face which has suffered the city's dust and sun but survives on boiled beans.

The worst mistake you can do during this period is to try and date – there is nothing that a person going through such times can offer in terms of love. How are you going to do evening romantic walks when you are tired from walking delivering letters in offices around town? What are you going to tell your lady when she says she wants to go for relaxation at the bar, pool or love garden sites that are in town? That your financial religion doesn’t allow it or what? This is the age when you sit back and watch as the ladies you would want to date are dating or getting married to guys 10 years older than you. And you can’t blame them – it’s only that your life seems to be progressing slower than their goals in life. Most of the ladies you meet during this period, if you are lucky will be patient with you till you hit 28, and if by then your life is still in disarray like Leicester city's performance in the EPL then my friend be prepared for a walk out.

But then this is the age when you learn a lot of about life, if you can hack through this stage of life the only hard moment in your life would be when you lose your parents - that’s if you are still lucky enough to have them. This stage teaches you a lot about perseverance, about appreciating the small wins you have each day, it teaches you something about friendship, love, career growth and personal responsibility. This is always your rise or fall moment depending on the choices you make.

How you live your life in the 30’s is determined by how you handled your life in this phase. Do not Give up. Do not Be Depressed. remain focused and create a Strategy. Be consistent, you must Surely Win. Peace cool cool

https://m.facebook.com/WbsTvUganda/posts/967701073268464

Have men in their 30s, 40s or 50s confirmed this?

Is it proven by research?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by eph123(f): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2017
I'm not a guy, but felt really sad reading the article.

Living in a country where you want to work, you are willing to work but there are no jobs.
Living in a country which slowly kills your dreams.
We really do not have a country yet - a country where your ability is all that would be required to succeed.

8 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Spidermon: 10:37am On Mar 28, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by buoye1(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2017
I seriously agree with this post... It's the phase I'm in presently.... May God help me
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Icon4s(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2017
alaricsaltzman:

O my God.

This is the greatest post I have read in a long while.

So true.

I felt like shedding tears as I remembered my age 25 -28. My struggling years. And at the end of it God rewarded me.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by alizma: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
thank God say I don port from this stage.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by olanrewaju99(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Hmm this is very true. 24 yrs is when the pressure begins to pop up. Honestly it is not easy to be a responsible man. God bless our legal hustle.

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by pokipoki: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Hahahaha. I thought it was early forties when midlife crisis would have set in. Its a very difficult period for men.
At this stage, most men are always thinking about their age relative to their achievements.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by osayuwamwen(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
I'm currently in this stage but thank God I earn about 30k per month

3 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 28, 2017
"Have you ever sat in a group of people discussing the new iPhone on the market or how British Airways offers poo services and you can feel your heart whisper to you "boss this is chest pain hour, can we just go and find a group that talks about GMAT, SHL, Dragnet, jobberman or job vacancies sites".

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

Even as a female, I've been there.

6 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Akan(m): 10:43am On Mar 28, 2017
I agree with everything the op said apart from where he likened the isolation as comparable to preintimacy where one of the woman's bre@st is left out. Not when I have two hands.

12 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by dimexy247(m): 10:43am On Mar 28, 2017
Hmmm! What else can I say, do you know me op? You just put nail and hammered it. Gbam

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2017
Sorry,I disagree with the age bracket linked to the post!!!It all depends on how fast you learn about life,some experienced that phase in their 23-28,some did in their 30's,some are still struggling with it in there 40's.......write same epistle with another age group,peeps will still comment and tell u they r going through same......went through within 4-2 years ago and I am not in that age bracket!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter / Embarassing Application Letter By A UNICAL Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.