Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,408 members, 7,800,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile (2009 Views)

Iran Fires Missile At Mock US Aircraft Carrier During Exercise (Photos) / See Picture Of U.S. Hypersonic Missile That Is Faster Than Speed Of sound / Russia Creates The First Rifle In The World For Eliminating The Enemy 4 Km Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by owobokiri(m): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Russia creates 'unstoppable' hypersonic Zircon missile with Navy destroying 4,600mph speed

Russia claims to have created a devastating hypersonic missile that travels five times faster than the speed of sound and could rip through navy warship defences because it's too fast to stop.

The Kremlin's Zircon missile has been called "unstoppable", "unbeatable" and "undefendable" with a 4,600mph speed that only one defence system in the world can destroy – that system is owned by Russia.

The missile employs revolutionary scramjet technology to reach its hypersonic speeds whereby propulsion is created by forcing air from the atmosphere into its combustor where it mixes with on-board fuel – rather than carry both fuel and oxidizer like traditional rockets. This makes it lighter, and therefore much faster.

It uses no fans, rotating turbines or moving parts – just an inlet where air is compressed and a combustor where the air is mixed with fuel. Fewer moving parts also means less chance of mechanical failure.

The Zircon has been in testing stages this year and would be capable of destroying the world's most advanced warships and aircraft carriers in one strike and could be put into action by 2020. kiss The US Navy warns it could be fitted to Russia's nuclear-powered Kirkov warship, where it would have a range of up to 500 miles.

In comparison, the Royal Navy's Sea Ceptor missile, which is designed to destroy incoming missiles can only travel 15 miles and hit top speeds of 2,300mph. tongue

Most popular: Russia creates 'unstoppable' hypersonic Zircon missile with Navy destroying 4,600mph speed

This presents a huge concern for the Royal Navy and the vulnerability of its new state-of-the-art £6bn ($7.5bn) aircraft carriers the HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales, which wouldn't be able to defend against the Zircon. The only way to protect against the Zircon would be to anchor out of its range, which would render many aircraft carriers useless as it would push their planes too far away from targets before they would need to return for fuel.

A senior Naval source told the Mirror: "Hypersonic missiles are virtually unstoppable. The whole idea of the carrier is the ability to project power. But with no method of protecting themselves against missiles like the Zircon the carrier would have to stay out of range, hundreds of miles out at sea. Its planes would be useless and the whole basis of a carrier task force would be redundant."

Your Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-creates-unstoppable-hypersonic-zircon-140101913.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by owobokiri(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
This is what Obama caused.. His eight years endless harassing, haranguing, taunting and humiliation of Russia forced that country to embrace Putin whose nationalistic credentials are never in doubt.. Putin reacted stoically. Since then it has been one devastating invention after the other. Few weeks ago, it was the "satan", the nuclear bomb, capable of destroying multiple cities. Before then it was the Saturn missile.., capable of deploying over a dozen nuclear capable warheads at the same time... It is time the world respects Russia., especially America. Trying to humiliate Russia will only create endless world crises..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by plainol(m): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
SATAN 2 ZIRCON, WHAT NEXT?

1 Like

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by ozoebuka1(m): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
United Nations should Stop any country from manufacturing arms that are capable of causing a death of more than 10 people at a go. At least, it will assure us that humanity isn't under a threat of extinct.

With all the weapons being paraded by Russia, USA and North Korea, no one is safe oh!!

1 Like

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by decatalyst(m): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
And Nigeria cannot manufacture knockout cry

7 Likes

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Splinz(m): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
decatalyst:

Please don't cry yet. The federal government is working round the clock to make sure we start producing pencil in the next two years.

Pele. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by owobokiri(m): 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
ozoebuka1:
United Nations should Stop any country from manufacturing arms that are capable of causing a death of more than 10 people at a go. At least, it will assure us that humanity isn't under a threat of extinct.

With all the weapons being paraded by Russia, USA and North Korea, no one is safe oh!!

Unfortunately, the UN is in the pockets of Russia, America, China, France and Britain..

3 Likes

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by engrsyer(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls how can I port to Russia, in fact take asylum in Russia?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by decatalyst(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Splinz:

Please don't cry yet. The federal government is working round the clock to make sure we start producing pencil in the next two years.

Pele. smiley

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by sdindan: 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
decatalyst:

Even matches.

Let me not cry too!

1 Like

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by ozoebuka1(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
sdindan:

Even matches.

Let me not cry too!
Even toothpick is being imported.

1 Like

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by bennybaba(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
putin my mentor.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by EVarn(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nigeria too needs to start strategizing on how to develop our economy geometrically,and then arm up militarily with intent to kick out the western powers from the continent,expand and dominate.
But sadly,our people and system are visionless and juvenile.It is truly hard to be patriotic in Nigeria.
Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Lucasbalo(m): 1:19am On Mar 28, 2017
engrsyer:
Pls how can I port to Russia, in fact take asylum in Russia?
Go from one despotic country to another. Way to go.
Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by seunny4lif(m): 7:16am On Mar 28, 2017
grin grin
All hail mother Russia
grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by MONITZ: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
If true then it would mean that large carriers at sea will automatically become useless and sitting ducks....

The mad race for deadly weapons acquisition is on once again, courtesy of those countries fond of bullying smaller or weaker countries....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 30, 2017
owobokiri:
This is what Obama caused.. His eight years endless harassing, haranguing, taunting and humiliation of Russia forced that country to embrace Putin whose nationalistic credentials are never in doubt.. Putin reacted stoically. Since then it has been one devastating invention after the other. Few weeks ago, it was the "satan", the nuclear bomb, capable of destroying multiple cities. Before then it was the Saturn missile.., capable of deploying over a dozen nuclear capable warheads at the same time... It is time the world respects Russia., especially America. Trying to humiliate Russia will only create endless world crises..

Because you have spoken the mind of the Irunmoles, as from today - Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field - forever!.

I wish “Explorers” could post more pictures of some Amerikan aircraft carriers “floating bathtub” on this thread so that we can all laugh at the stupidity of Amerika & her perfumed military Generals who have never really been to any war front save for calling shots at the Pentagon grin

Let me tell the Russophobic gypsies more about this nightmare of Amerika & NATO called Zircon Missile grin

The missile boasts of speed five times than that of speed of sound because it can travel with a speed of upto 7,400 km/h, which makes it almost impossible to be stopped.

The speed gives it so much kinetic energy that if it was somehow intercepted just before impact, the debris will still cause unprecedented damage to the target. American aircraft carriers are pretty much, sitting ducks. grin cheesy grin

The first ship to be equipped with the Zircon is likely to be one of the Kirov-class nuclear-powered battle cruisers, two of which are in service with the Russian navy.

Countries like the US and Britain, who have most powerful defence forces in the world, are already losing sweat over Russia's new missile defence system. Hahahaha! (Cowards) grin cheesy grin

Zircon, which can strike targets as far as 400 km away, is expected to be inducted by the Russia defence forces by 2022 - PAUSED: (I have told you several times that whenever you read statements such as this, it is a way of fooling the overzealous & belligerent Amerikan amateurish military Generals by pushing them to commit suicide. Do not be surprised that the Zircon missiles may already have been swimming around all the Amerikan Nimitz Class Carriers in the pacific, atlantic & arctic oceans). grin cheesy grin

With its enormous speed, Zircon is capable of evading the best anti-missile systems presently in use across the world.

The Royal Navy's current Sea Ceptor missile system can only shoot down missiles travelling up to 2,300mph, the report said.

On the other hand, the US Navy is worried that Russia may fit Zircon to its nuclear-powered Kirkov warship. (Yes! That is the idea & logic behind the invention of Zircon. We want our double-dealing enemies to be placed constantly on triple dosage of “Worry Medication” until they s-hit out their intestines)
grin cheesy grin

-I want everyone living in Amerika to be worried. grin

-I want John Mccain, George w. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, George Soros, Dick Cheney, Joe Biden, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Killary (The Loser) & all the killers of Muammar Gaddafi & Saddam Hussein to be worried. grin

-I want the birds, penguins, dolphins, ameraucanas, dogs & even the cockroaches in Amerika to be worried. grin

-I want all the gigolos & the abomination called LGBT community to be worried. grin

-I want Valeriansteel & all his fellow jews plotting & scheming day & night to holding the entire globe to ransom through the dictates of their Talmud to be very very worried. grin

-I want all the perfumed military Generals hiding in underground military bunkers all over Amerika to be worried.

-Unless Lucasbalo transfers atleast - €2Million from the account of his money-doubling firm in Chicago into my GTBank Domiciliary account, then he must be very worried because Lucifer has just reincarnated in form of Zircon grin cheesy grin

-And if Missy89 refuses to honour me with her n-aked body & acquiesce to my sexual request & erotic acrobatic adventure - then she must be worried about Zircon because the irunmoles will not hesitate to unleash dozens of it on Mariana Islands in Guam as a preview of what is to come grin cheesy grin

Now, What Makes Zircon Lethal? grin

Zircon works on the scramjet technology to attain its hypersonic speeds. The missile uses air pressure for propulsion. A specially designed system pushes air from the atmosphere into the combustion chamber where the
air is mixed with the on-board fuel to provide energy.

What makes Zircon lightweight and faster than other missiles is that it doesn't carry oxidizer. There are no fans or turbines to propel it, which essentially means less chances of any mechanical failure.

In conclusion, I hope the video of Zircon keeps playing in the head of all you anti-Russian propagandists until you succumb & worship Mother Russia in truth & spirit while taking turn to lick Vladimirovich Putin's pinkie ring grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Chevalier(m): 1:16am On Mar 30, 2017
Am in love with RUSSIA.
Up Putin! Hail Russia!
US will be like...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Adminisher: 1:53am On Mar 30, 2017
Zoharariel:

Because you have spoken the mind of the Irunmoles, as from today - Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field - forever!.

I wish “Explorers” could post more pictures of some Amerikan aircraft carriers “floating bathtub” on this thread so that we can all laugh at the stupidity of Amerika & her perfumed military Generals who have never really been to any war front save for calling shots at the Pentagon grin

Let me tell the Russophobic gypsies more about this nightmare of Amerika & NATO called Zircon Missile grin

The missile boasts of speed five times than that of speed of sound because it can travel with a speed of upto 7,400 km/h, which makes it almost impossible to be stopped.

The speed gives it so much kinetic energy that if it was somehow intercepted just before impact, the debris will still cause unprecedented damage to the target. American aircraft carriers are pretty much, sitting ducks. grin cheesy grin

The first ship to be equipped with the Zircon is likely to be one of the Kirov-class nuclear-powered battle cruisers, two of which are in service with the Russian navy.

Countries like the US and Britain, who have most powerful defence forces in the world, are already losing sweat over Russia's new missile defence system. Hahahaha! (Cowards) grin cheesy grin

Zircon, which can strike targets as far as 400 km away, is expected to be inducted by the Russia defence forces by 2022 - PAUSED: (I have told you several times that whenever you read statements such as this, it is a way of fooling the overzealous & belligerent Amerikan amateurish military Generals by pushing them to commit suicide. Do not be surprised that the Zircon missiles may already have been swimming around all the Amerikan Nimitz Class Carriers in the pacific, atlantic & arctic oceans). grin cheesy grin

With its enormous speed, Zircon is capable of evading the best anti-missile systems presently in use across the world.

The Royal Navy's current Sea Ceptor missile system can only shoot down missiles travelling up to 2,300mph, the report said.

On the other hand, the US Navy is worried that Russia may fit Zircon to its nuclear-powered Kirkov warship. (Yes! That is the idea & logic behind the invention of Zircon. We want our double-dealing enemies to be placed constantly on triple dosage of “Worry Medication” until they s-hit out their intestines)
grin cheesy grin

-I want John Mccain, George w. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, George Soros, Dick Cheney, Joe Biden, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Killary (The Loser) & all the killers of Muammar Gaddafi & Saddam Hussein to be worried. grin

-I want the birds, penguins, dolphins, ameraucanas, dogs & even the cockroaches in Amerika to be worried. grin

-I want all the gigolos & the abomination called LGBT community to be worried. grin

-I want Valeriansteel & all his fellow jews plotting & scheming day & night to holding the entire globe to ransom through the dictates of their Talmud to be very very worried. grin

-I want all the perfumed military Generals hiding in underground military bunkers all over Amerika to be worried.

-Unless Lucasbalo transfers atleast - €2Million from the account of his money-doubling firm in Chicago into my GTBank Domiciliary account, then he must be very worried because Lucifer has just reincarnated in form of Zircon grin cheesy grin

-And if Missy89 refuses to honour me with her n-aked body & acquiesce to my sexual request & erotic acrobatic adventure - then she must be worried about Zircon because the irunmoles will not hesitate to unleash dozens of it on Mariana Islands in Guam as a preview of what is to come grin cheesy grin

Zircon works on the scramjet technology to attain its hypersonic speeds. The missile uses air pressure for propulsion. A specially designed system pushes air from the atmosphere into the combustion chamber where the

What makes Zircon lightweight and faster than other missiles is that it doesn't carry oxidizer. There are no fans or turbines to propel it, which essentially means less chances of any mechanical failure.

In conclusion, I hope the video of Zircon keeps playing in the head of all you anti-Russian propagandists until they succumb & worship Mother Russia in truth & spirit while taking turn to lick Vladimirovich Putin's pinkie ring grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Russia is only playing catchup. The US started hypersonic. The tech described here is right out of US black projects from the time of Ronald Reagan. Even India, Iran and other countries have scram jet research ongoing. Only the US has operating systems currently fielded in secret

4 Likes

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by zachanalysis: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
Zoharariel:

grin cheesy grin

In conclusion, I hope the video of Zircon keeps playing in the head of all you anti-Russian propagandists until they succumb & worship Mother Russia in truth & spirit while taking turn to lick Vladimirovich Putin's pinkie ring grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
my friend let's get real here. For a country like the US which invest billions of dollars in defenc research year in and year out, I bet by now they must know fully well the capacity and Achilles heels of that missile. For ur information, US started massive Mobilization of resources to perfect supersonic missile technology during Reagan's administration. Now, imagine the advancement they must have made between then and now. THAAD wasn't envisaged when 'rogue' N. Korea kingkonging about its intention to blow its South neighbour and Japan back to the stone age. Now it is working on way of improving its launching turbine to see if luck will smile on her. But seriously, you should expect a powerful, advanced and technologically brilliant state like the US to know what is at stake. The US knows she is surrounded by haters and hence, always one step ahead of its antagonists. Don't be over mesmerized if the US comes out with a certain 'hyperTHAAD' that could just make the Zircon looks like kite.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Appleyard(m): 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
owobokiri:

I thought we have lost all sensible comments in this section , alas, I was wrong. You are very correct. trying to bully a nation like Russia will only create more chaos for the world.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by MONITZ: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
Appleyard:

I thought we have lost all sensible comments in this section , alas, I was wrong. You are very correct. trying to bully a nation like Russia will only create more chaos for the world.

Nope, we still have some people who reason and see things objectively and do not yield to any bandwagon effect or MSM bullshit and propaganda..

And moreover what a few nairalanders (u inclusive) said sometime ago about why bullying Russia won't yield anything positive but would rather create more crises and chaos has finally come to pass, while all those skeptics and armchair analysts who believed that America would deal with Russia and eventually have the upper hand in the Syrian crisis have suddenly gone dumb and sleepy...

Even when they were told that Russia was a riddle in a mystery wrapped in enigma,they still refused to listen until the obvious started playing out before their very eyes,and which has left them agape.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by romme2u: 2:39am On Apr 02, 2017
Zoharariel:

Holy Hell!!!!! Blood of shekau

How on earth did i miss this grin grin grin

Immediately i am done with my masters in Avionics, Russia will be bae

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Appleyard(m): 2:00am On Apr 03, 2017
Adminisher:

Russia is only playing catchup. The US started hypersonic. The tech described here is right out of US black projects from the time of Ronald Reagan. Even India, Iran and other countries have scram jet research ongoing. Only the US has operating systems currently fielded in secret

Only the US have operating systems currently fielded in secret--lmao grin

We are talking reality here, my man...not some secret illusion...

When it comes to rocket technology, it is actually the US that's playing catch-up. The Russians are king of the rocket doom! Ask Turkey and Israel. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Appleyard(m): 2:04am On Apr 03, 2017
MONITZ:

Nope, we still have some people who reason and see things objectively and do not yield to any bandwagon effect or MSM bullshit and propaganda..

And moreover what a few nairalanders (u inclusive) said sometime ago about why bullying Russia won't yield anything positive but would rather create more crises and chaos has finally come to pass, while all those skeptics and armchair analysts who believed that America would deal with Russia and eventually have the upper hand in the Syrian crisis have suddenly gone dumb and sleepy...

Even when they were told that Russia was a riddle in a mystery wrapped in enigma,they still refused to listen until the obvious started playing out before their very eyes,and which has left them agape.....

I gat you. smiley Too much Hollywood movies have spoilt most of the kids down here. smiley It is only a brainwashed fellow who will think one nation can bully a country like Russia into submission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Creates 'unstoppable' Hypersonic Zircon Missile by Appleyard(m): 2:18am On Apr 03, 2017
zachanalysis:
my friend let's get real here. For a country like the US which invest billions of dollars in defenc research year in and year out, I bet by now they must know fully well the capacity and Achilles heels of that missile. For ur information, US started massive Mobilization of resources to perfect supersonic missile technology during Reagan's administration. Now, imagine the advancement they must have made between then and now. THAAD wasn't envisaged when 'rogue' N. Korea kingkonging about its intention to blow its South neighbour and Japan back to the stone age. Now it is working on way of improving its launching turbine to see if luck will smile on her. But seriously, you should expect a powerful, advanced and technologically brilliant state like the US to know what is at stake. The US knows she is surrounded by haters and hence, always one step ahead of its antagonists. Don't be over mesmerized if the US comes out with a certain 'hyperTHAAD' that could just make the Zircon looks like kite.

Quit the hype about billions, my brother. So you don't know that the US MIC is one huge scam house?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump's Korea Triumph Should Earn Him A Nobel Peace Prize / Expensive Error Donald Trump Just Made That Has Got Americans Talking.. / Former Afghanistan Finance Minister Is Now Uber Driver In Washington DC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.