Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! (23267 Views)

Stop Holding Your Farts In. Here Are 7 Surprising Reasons Why Farting Is Good Fo / 13 Facts About Farting You Probably Didn't Know / Top 5 Shocking Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by gabonsky: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
No use denying it: you fart.

Everyone does. And that’s actually a good thing.
This is not only normal, it’s healthy.
Gases build up in the colon as the result of undigested food. A healthy person farts an average of 20 times a day.

Gas production can increase due to poor digestion of certain foods, food sensitivity or intolerance (e.g., celiac disease, lactose intolerance), bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, or the presence of some forms of bacteria in the digestive system that produce more gas than others.

Why It’s Good To Fart
No, you won’t explode if you don’t release pent-up gas but here are some valid reasons that you’re better off letting it fly.

1. Relieves Bloating
We all know what abdominal bloating feels like; it’s quite uncomfortable, making you feel like an over-inflated tire. Bloating can be caused by illness but is much more likely from something you ate (1).

Legumes like beans and lentils are musical fruits, indeed. Grains like wheat, rye, and barley can also make your digestive system work overtime, trapping gas and making you feel bloated and overly full. There’s no other real remedy for bloating than release through a good fart.

Increased discomfort occurs when you can’t get the gas out—try the wind relieving yoga pose to help your intestines to push it out.

2. Indicates Digestive Health
Gut bacteria are essential for health. When they become imbalanced or there aren’t enough of the good kind, food isn’t broken down properly or efficiently. By the time waste gets to your colon, it’s not been as thoroughly processed as it should be.

Beneficial bacteria in your body (and there are 100 trillion of them) break down food, help to eliminate metabolic waste, monitor and destroy harmful bacteria, and perform a host of other necessary activities. Having an ample supply is crucial for overall health; there is growing evidence that imbalance of gut bacteria can even affect the brain, leading to anxiety and depression (2).

If you fart around the average amount, it’s an indication that the micro-organisms in your lower digestive tract are working properly.

3. Flatulence and Diet
Farting can give you an idea on whether or not your diet suits your body.

If you don’t fart much, it may mean your gut bacteria aren’t getting necessary nourishment. They feed on complex carbohydrates. Eat more legumes (beans, lentils), whole grains, cruciferous vegetables (brussels sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), and onions. That should do the trick.

Women tend to begin to toot more at or around menopause due to hormone changes. Add probiotics to your diet for balance. Fermented foods are the best source of probiotics: kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha, miso, and yogurt are prime examples.

Dark chocolate (cocoa content 70% minimum), apple cider vinegar, and ginger are also great supporters of the digestive system and are “prebiotics”: food for the probiotics.

4. S/he Who Smelt it Dealt it
How your farts smell says a lot about what’s going on inside your body. The air that exits your rectum is comprised of several different gases, none of which have an especially horrendous aroma.

If you find that your farts start to stink on a regular basis, it could be a sign of a food sensitivity/allergy (e.g., lactose or gluten) or an infection in the digestive tract (3). Or something as simple as eating too much garlic or meat.

Make incremental adjustments to your diet and pay attention to how the smell of your farts change.

5. Inhaling Farts is Good for You
Sounds paradoxical but one of the gaseous compounds abundant in your fragrant posterior expulsions is hydrogen sulfide. The sulfur part is what causes the rotten egg smell.

Research has found that sulfide gas in small doses may prevent cell damage. This may have applications in the prevention and treatment of arthritis, heart disease, and stroke (4).

The study doesn’t specify if it’s best to breathe in your own farts or someone else’s. How someone came up with the idea of a constructive use for flatulence is another issue entirely.

Good news for the farting public: most digestive gas is released while you sleep, when your sphincter is at rest. You can’t hold it in when you’re not aware you’re doing it. Sweet dreams.

Source: https://dailyhealthpost.com/good-fart/

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
There are some farts you just cannot inhale op

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Rtopzy(f): 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lalasticlala's fart is dangerous oh.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by engrMikemd(m): 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
locust bean fart

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Solowande(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Who mess dis smelling mess. I won't forget the day my primary 3 teacher fart in the class (the tin smell well well) she end up flogging and punishing the full class for laughing.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by gabonsky: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2017
Rtopzy:
Lalasticlala's fart is dangerous oh.

Na lie, Lalasticlalas mess dey smell well with nairaland anointing....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by vizkiz: 10:39am On Mar 28, 2017
You never enter suffocated danfo bus and one idiot releases "mess" that smells like rotten eggs before abi? angry

I will never forget the day I took a Bus and the lady beside me polluted. The bad news was the place I sat that day is quite far from the windows the smell was so horrible. Like a child died in her, I was literally gasping for air cry

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by mykelmeezy: 10:39am On Mar 28, 2017
not everytime out

there are farts that can interrupt telecommunications signal

n make nepa take light

girls n pretending they dont fart r

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by hoover420: 10:39am On Mar 28, 2017
Am just here to book space. No time read that long epistle sef
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by jerrybakermillz(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2017
K...there's this new girl i'm dating now, i think she's very dirty cause she had not for once fart in my present, but she fart alot yesterday when i was pounding yam on her on a snoop dogg position.

Nature no allow her hide am again from me

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by helphelp: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2017
Came in exactly when I farted...

Now lemme read

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Benjom(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2017
For real?... Yes for real. Point 5 though. Ekaete, what's your opinion on this?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Ola2004: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
This is what happened to me when I fart in my dads presence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ6nPV9Jgg4

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by DONSMITH123(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
lipsrsealed You never see silent fart

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Tazdroid(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Hmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by fidet1(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Inhaling fart isn't good for me, may be good for the OP tho.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by DLondonboiy: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
angry angry

Nairaland is officially short of topics....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Victornezzar: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
OP u don look 4 trouble by using dem as illustration in the pics
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Tazdroid(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
Solowande:
Who mess dis smelling mess. I won't forget the day my primary 3 teacher fart in the class (the tin smell well well) she end up flogging and punishing the full class for laughing.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:43am On Mar 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Goahead(m): 10:43am On Mar 28, 2017
That's my hubby... I love it when I fart
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Tazdroid(m): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2017
Ola2004:
This is what happened to me when I fart in my dads presence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ6nPV9Jgg4

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Ayblaize(m): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2017
Space booked
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by kbams241: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2017
I was tot to always say sorry MA/SIR wen an elder fart

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by ekensi01: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Not all type is good, the one with fresh air is good the one with bad air kills faster than gamalin 90 90. most fart are dangerous to insect. #just a fact of the fart.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Tazdroid(m): 10:45am On Mar 28, 2017
vizkiz:
You never enter suffocated danfo bus and one idiot releases "mess" that smells like rotten eggs before abi? angry

I will never forget the day a lady beside me polluted in a bus. The bad news is I was the one sitting in the middle (far from the window) the smell was so horrible. Like a child died in her, I was literally gasping for air cry

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by RealHaute: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Just do it in the restroom; else you'll be very sorry. angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2017
What a thread
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Whoeppme(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
Ehen all this write up just to glorify Mess.?

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by slyd90(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
lol...That why i let it out any time and any where..........
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by manchester1: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
so people should fart anyhow now op
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by weedtheweeds: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2017
is Omotola farting or smiling?

I was just admiring the difference between her facial complexion and hand complexion.
well done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Care And Management Of Body Odour / 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior / Do Ultrasound Scans Sparingly - Doctors Warn Pregnant Women On Hazards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.