Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD (8726 Views)

Strike: FG Directs Inclusion Of Sacked Staff School Teachers In Payroll Read Mo / Flash: Testimonies pour into PTAD Twitter page From Pensioners And Their kids / Buhari Sacks Five PTAD Directors Over Illegal Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by dre11(m): 6:57am On Mar 28, 2017
By Francis Arinze Iloani

The Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate has sacked five directors over employment irregularities and redeployed some staff back to the office of the Accountant General of the Federation.

Daily Trust gathered that the development followed a staff audit authorised by the Head of Service of the Federation upon the request of the Executive Secretary of the Directorate, Barr. Sharon Ikeazor.

A source not authorised to speak on the exercise told Daily Trust that what brought about the staff audit was that upon assumption of office as the head of the directorate, Ikeazor was inundated with requests from staff for the confirmation of their appointments.

The report uncovered irregularities in the appointment of the directors by the former ES, Mrs. Nellie Mayshak.

The directors sacked are Godson Ukpevo of the Civil Service Pension Department; Uloma Uruakpa of Custom, Immigration and Prison’s Department; Taiwo Ogundipe in charge of Parastatal Department; Atiku Dambatta of Police Pension Department and Roz Ben-Okagbue of Pension Support Services Department.

The source revealed that more irregularities were found in the employment of some staff and the management would act on the recommendations of the report soon.

“The directors were sacked because their appointments were done in error. The Head of Service of the Federation sent a team which talked to all the staff and examined their credentials and offer of appointments. The report of that team was submitted to the Minister of Finance who then directed the ES to implement the report,” the source said.

Daily Trust learnt that the report confirmed that the affected directors were employed in error since they were beyond 50 years of age at the time of employment against a public service rule that says you cannot appoint a 50-year-old and above into a regular civil service appointment.

The staff that were redeployed to the Office of the AGF exceeded the duration of their secondment and had to be forced to return so that new people could join PTAD.

“The management is concerned that the directorate deals with money and no one should be there for a long time. The management decided that they should go and allow others come in. We received new ones. They have already reported,” the source said.

Efforts made to receive a response on this development from the PTAD failed as the phone number of the directorate’s spokesperson, Mrs. Theodora Amaechi, was not reachable as at the time of filing this report.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/5-directors-sacked-staff-redeployed-at-ptad/190998.html

1 Share

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by LordIsaac(m): 7:02am On Mar 28, 2017
Yet on this, I see "change!"
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by ijustdey: 7:10am On Mar 28, 2017
Daily Trust learnt that the report confirmed that the affected directors were employed in error since they were beyond 50 years of age at the time of employment against a public service rule that says you cannot appoint a 50-year-old and above into a regular civil service appointment.

just hearing that for the first time that you can't employ someone above 50yrs in public service.....

civil service full of errors and favourism

3 Likes

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by omenkaLives(m): 7:18am On Mar 28, 2017
The directors sacked are Godson Ukpevo of the Civil Service Pension Department; Uloma Uruakpa of Custom, Immigration and Prison’s Department; Taiwo Ogundipe in charge of Parastatal Department; Atiku Dambatta of Police Pension Department and Roz Ben-Okagbue of Pension Support Services Department
Since Nairalamd has become a battle ground for tribal warlords, I decided to quote the portion which I believe they'd be MOST interested in to ease their stress of going through the entire write-up.

I believe with the names, there would be no cause to wail, therefore I don't see the thread going beyond page 2 even if it hits the op.

The oga patapata of the commission if from the SE by the way, and we never knew that. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by Ola2004: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by eph123(f): 8:37am On Mar 28, 2017
omenkaLives:
Since Nairalamd has become a battle ground for tribal warlords, I decided to quote the portion who h I believe they'd be MOST interested in to ease their stress of going through the entire write-up.

I believe with the names, there would be no course to wail, therefore I don't see the thread going beyond page 2 even if it hits the op.

The oga patapata of the commission if from the SE by the way, and we never knew that. wink

Shhh, who starts all the tribal slurs if not you?

Course indeed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by Celestyn8213: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Everyone dey look for where to chop... Just thinking aloud.
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by Tazdroid(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2017
This is not the sacking I want to hear of

I want to hear that impeachment proceedings were initiated against some Sena---

2 Likes

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by kingreign(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2017
angry
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by Ogashub(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by burkingx(f): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2017
>cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by burkingx(f): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2017
shocked angry shocked shocked
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:52am On Mar 28, 2017
It is much expected.
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by mbhs139(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2017
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/5-directors-sacked-staff-redeployed-at-ptad/190998.html

PTAD needs to also look into the issue of Pensioners and Cooperative Societies.

Majority of pensioners', who are members of their various institution's Cooperative Society before retirement, have not had their Cooperative deductions remitted to the Society, neither was it paid to the Cooperative Society concerned. And PTAD have been owing Cooperative Societies huge sums of deductions since 2015. I hope the concerned authorities will look into this.
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by godunia(m): 9:06am On Mar 28, 2017
Must we bring tribal sentiment into everything? The reason for the sack has been given and I m sure it's even fair coz I believe there's more to it. they only want to give them soft landing. If you know the section of the public service that this sack has violated please educate us. We want change but once there's is change we begin to search for names so as to tribalise the situation. I weep for us
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by Originalsly: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2017
Hmmm...... interesting. Cannot be appointed to a Civil Service job if you're 50 or above.... what's the age of retirement?...anybody? ...and ... did he really say the directorate deals with money so no one should be there for a long time? (because they would steal wayyy too much in the long run)...that they should go and allow others to come in?(so that others can also get a chance to get their hands in the cookie jar). I wish some reporter can ask him to explain the reasoning behind the statement.
Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by buchilino(m): 9:38am On Mar 28, 2017
omenkaLives:
Ask you mom, she'd tell you. wink

WITH ALL UR ENLIGHTENMENT, ITS SO SAD DAT U STILL REASON DIS WAY.

1 Like

Re: 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD by BrutalJab: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
omenkaLives:
Since Nairalamd has become a battle ground for tribal warlords, I decided to quote the portion which I believe they'd be MOST interested in to ease their stress of going through the entire write-up.

I believe with the names, there would be no cause to wail, therefore I don't see the thread going beyond page 2 even if it hits the op.

You deserve to be slapped into a coma.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Sends Christmas Message To Nigerians / Police Fire Tear Gas At Surging Crowd At Lagos Air Crash Site / AWKA: The Worst State Capital In The East Not Abakiliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.