Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria (18256 Views)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria – Key Factors To Consider / 5 Funny Ways To Get A Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2017
Many job seekers believe that having either a first class or a second class upper is the sure way to getting a job in Nigeria. This is not so true when it comes to getting a job in Nigeria. In this article, I will be listing the top 5 funny factors that can give you a job in Nigeria. It may sound ridiculous, but those who have witnessed it can testify to it. Below are the top 5 funny factors that can give you a job in Nigeria.

Who You Know (Connection)

This tops the list of the top 5 funny factors that gives you a job in Nigeria. Most times during interviews, the interviewer will ask you “how did you hear about the job”. Simply referring to the MD of the company, a senator in the country, or a top ranking official in the country automatically lands you the job.

Most times I tell people, strive so hard to include a top ranking government official as your referee in your CV and make it very bold. They immediately consider you a valuable asset and offer you the job on a platter of gold.

Poor Results

I saw people lamenting about the last FRSC recruitment exercise and how they called up those with 3rd for interviews and neglected the first class candidate. Let me explain, most of those officials heading those top positions graduated with mostly poor results and they wouldn’t want “Young Threats”. Most times they feel comfortable commanding graduates with poor results that those with exceptional results.

In some cases, they hire graduates with poor results because they believe they wouldn’t pay such a graduate a very high amount of money because of his grade level. This is, in fact, one of the top 5 factors that give you a job in Nigeria

Type of University

If you studied abroad or you went to a top level private university, then be rest assured that getting a job in Nigeria won’t be a hassle. In some cases, they select only students that attended top Federal universities and discard the rest.

I decided to include this in my top funny factors that can give you a job in Nigeria because it keeps repeating itself over and over again. In the last Zenith bank requirement exercise, it was only students who schooled outside the country, U.I, Covenant, Babcock, and Uniben, and the University of Abuja. Next times the type of university might just change, so be at alert.

Level of Education

Your level of Education is now considered to be a powerful factor in the search for a job. During Mass recruitments, graduates with OND (Ordinary Diploma) are considered with much priority especially within the banking sector because they believe they would be used a cheap labor. During call center agent’s recruitment, even students with SSCE are considered above graduates because they can be paid easily without stress.

Salary Scale

Here is an example:

Interviewer: “How much do you earn currently”

Applicant: “70thousand”

Interviewer: “So how much can we pay you?”

Applicant: “Anything above 80thousand”

Interviewer: “Okay, we will get back to you”

Interviewer: “How much do you earn currently?”

Applicant: “20thousand”

The interviewer will now smile and ask

Interviewer: “So how much can we pay you?”

Applicant: “Anything within your salary scale

Interviewer: “We pay 40thousand to graduates like you”

Applicant: Okay sir, I accept it.

Interviewer: “Perfect! You will start work on Monday next week”

This is Nigeria and anything can happen. I am asking you to underprice or undervalue yourself; I am only trying to show what I have encountered in my years of job searching. You can add up yours using the comment section.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/top-5-funny-factors-that-can-give-job-nigeria/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Epositive(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2017
without number one, the remaining four are useless cool

NP >> phyno ~ connect

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2017
I believe that the key to job search is to search in the right places. You can also check out this post. http://topwritersden.com/top-4-job-sites-to-apply-for-jobs-in-nigeria-in-2017/.

God bless our hustles.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Epositive:
without number one, the remaining four are useless cool

NP >> phyno ~ connect

SMH.. says who? angry
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Epositive(m): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2017
generalbush:

SMH.. says who? angry

oops, you want to argue? undecided

even self-employed folks still need that conneh
henrydadon:
connection

who you know

who you sabi

who you go bribe

baba, you get mouth cool

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Oliviaxx(f): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2017
God dey
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2017
Epositive:

oops, you want to argue? undecided

even self-employed folks still needs that conneh

Lol. True sha.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2017
OP, you forgot to add that being "pretty" as a lady with fresh laps, nice curves and appealing boobs increases ladies' chances of getting jobs in this part of the world, unlike those who are not so good looking.

Na the ugly ones dey suffer unemployment pass cheesy

This sounds weird but it's the basic fact

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by henrydadon(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2017
connection

who you know

who you sabi

who you go bribe

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Franchise21(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2017
grin
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Ariadne: 10:00am On Mar 28, 2017
Connection na the main thing there.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by SFSNIPER(m): 10:01am On Mar 28, 2017
Is that how they used to do?
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 10:01am On Mar 28, 2017
op has made some points

strong points
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by emeijeh(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2017
My dear job seekers.. .. number 1 + the image below are the only requirements

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by SuperSuave(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2017
grin
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by eph123(f): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2017
It's only in Nigeria things are turned upside down.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by deefrosh: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Naija which way?
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Tundellinium(m): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2017
There is an element of truth in your write-up but sometimes it doesn't apply to all firms.
There was time SWIFT or SPECTRANET ( I can't recall) was recruiting graduates. After all the interview and test, only few were left. They still wanted to reduce those few. What they did next to reduce them shocked me. They told those few that if they're above 22 years they can't get the job. WTF!
For the this Naija! Wey some people don write JAMB for 10 years. At last, mostly those private uni students were left...

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by jnrbayano(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2017
Dumb

Its only in Nigeria people give thoughts to negativity, appraise it and award good grades to it.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 28, 2017
Ever since Buhari came back there have been so much Job opportunity for Nigerians

Now almost everyone is involved in Black market for fuel.

Buhari continue creating Job opportunity.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Buhari

Sai Baba for creating Job opportunity

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 28, 2017
grin
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by pavlovt: 10:06am On Mar 28, 2017
God factor, when God says the job is for you nobody can stand against you getting the Job.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by jnrbayano(m): 10:07am On Mar 28, 2017
pavlovt:
God factor, when God says the job is for you nobody can stand against you getting the Job.

How do you know that time?

Is there anytime one gets a job of which God said is not for that person?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2017
still lookin that ugly secretary black in complexion
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2017
generalbush abeg i no dey look for job..... come update our story for that other side. abeg time dey go

Drabeey was HERE
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by AlphaStyles(m): 10:09am On Mar 28, 2017
true
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2017
Laughable list. Isn't it time to shed the belief that connections give you a job in Nigeria?

In my street, there are some bros currently in their early to late thirties, about 12 of them. All are graduates.

Around five out of these folks are unemployed. two I would say are underemployed while the rest hold stellar jobs where they are compensated extremely well.

The unemployed and underemployed folks always bemoan the fact that they do not know anyone nor have connections every time we get together for Sunday morning football/jogging. They are always telling any available ear that the reason they do not have jobs commensurate with their level of education is because they do not have connections.

Having interacted with all of them, I think I know the reason why they are without good jobs: They are half-baked.

Having an intelligent conversation with the unemployed and underemployed folks is always tough and challenging.

Employers are not blind to this. They can tell and there is no way they will put portfolios worth hundreds of millions in the hands of people who can't be trusted to awaken their analytical sides in a jiffy.

If you are good, jobs will follow you around. If you are pro in whatever that you do, you will not go one day without a job -- yes, even here in Nigeria.

Excellence does not hide itself nor does it pound its chest.

Pursue excellence brothers and sisters and you will not regret it. Forget results, forget who you know, pursue excellence, seek the flow state with blind obsession.

Let it not amaze you that the people who bemoan their lack of connections are always the half-baked and lazy types. A wise woman will make her own connections in the world.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2017
Drabeey:
generalbush abeg i no dey look for job..... come update our story for that other side. abeg time dey go

Drabeey was HERE

Aiight Sir!! cool
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Aburi001: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2017
henrydadon:
connection

who you know

who you sabi

who you go bribe

Just find your way to smuggle your application to Saraki''s table. No need for a CV, a job is assured in any of the PDP controlled states grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 28, 2017
k
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by micflo28(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2017
Please I need a job in abuja, anyone with a useful info mail me at munachiso4u@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Not Specific About My Salary Demand / Bua Group Is Recruiting / Employers Making Things Difficult For Job Seekers Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.