Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum (2378 Views)

Femi Adesina: Northern Elders Forum Is A Paper Tiger, Lacks Credible Membership / Revolution Now: Northern Group Pulls Out, Says Action Sponsored By Foreigners / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by emmanuel596(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2017
Spokesperson of the Northern Elders Forum, a think-tank for the 19 Northern states, Prof. Ango Abdullahi has said that the north is ready if Nigeria decides to break up.

Prof. Abdullahi who is a professor of Agronomy and one-time Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University threw a challenge to those who think that the North is afraid of Nigeria’s disintegration into more basic constituents, saying the North was ever ready for the dissolution.

In an interview with Sunday Sun, Prof. Abdullahi opined that the way to go about it was through the calling of a formal meeting with complete powers to terminate the legal relationships between the constituent parts in Nigeria.

According to him, “If we agree that we should live together as a people and as a country, so be it, but if the general consensus is that Nigerians want to go their separate ways either on the basis of ethnicity, culture, history or religion, why not?” adding, “if anybody tells you that the large informed opinion in the North is against the dissolution of Nigeria, he is telling you lies.”

Reacting to a question on the readiness of the North for a dissolution, the agronomist, replied: “Absolutely, absolutely, we are. It all depends on the selfish way people want to negotiate.”

“I am 78 now and I also went to the only university in the country at the time in Ibadan. Nobody can tell me about the history of this country.”

“I know a lot about it because I was very much awake and a grown up person to know what happened.”

“The people who argued for the creation of states in 1966/67 are the same people today who are asking for the restructuring of Nigeria with particular preference for regional arrangements.”

“The South-west wants preferably a region, a region that was at one time under the leadership of Chief Awolowo, unless, of course, you are trying to ignore all the writings, all the things that had been written, particularly in their declaration called DAWN, Development Agenda for Western Nigeria, then you can ignore this.”

He further noted that “Biafrans who are saying the same thing. Chief Ekwueme is my respected leader.

“He was in the 1995/96 conference. In fact, he led the Igbo socio-cultural group to the conference and their proposal in that conference was for Nigeria to become a confederate unit. And of course, at that time, perhaps, there was still the feeling that some hopes still remain that Nigeria should paddle along and perhaps they will overcome some of these differences.”

“His proposal for a confederate arrangement was defeated in the conference. I was there. But when he got the opportunity to review the report of the conference, a committee was set up to look at the report of the conference.”

“He was the one who really worked for these so-called geo-political areas that is totally unconstitutional.”

“They are not part of our constitution and this is one of the mistakes that the country is going through. Geo-political zones are not units in our constitutional arrangements.”

“They are selfish conveniences of people who are perhaps clamouring for political positions, elective or otherwise, that are operating today to the detriment of good governance in this country.”

Prof Ango Abdullahi further reacted to why the North is ready for dissolution, speaking on the indices, he said: “The biggest indices is that other Nigerians do not want Nigeria; so I don’t see why the North should insist on having Nigeria. That is the biggest index I have. And this is on the basis of the recent statements.

Read more at http://ogashub.com.ng/northern-elders-forum-we-are-ready-to-divide-nigeria-now/

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by HungerBAD: 8:15am On Mar 28, 2017
He said what?

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by TippyTop(m): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2017
This can't come quickly enough, oya let's have a referendum.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by Lucy001(f): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2017
ok

All dis northern elders self, instead of dem to think of ways to move Nigeria forward, dey are rather thinking of breakage shocked who go loose when Nigeria breaks?

Sms vote TBoss to 32052 via your mobile phones.
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by Ngokafor(f): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2017
...Great developement cheesy.

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by menxer: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:
ok

All dis northern elders self, instead of dem to think of ways to move Nigeria forward, dey are rather thinking of breakage shocked who go loose when Nigeria breaks?

Sms vote TBoss to 32052 via your mobile phones.
Do you know why Nnamdi Kanu is in jail?
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by OfficialAwol(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2017
You guys are nothing but some bunch of gworo-chewing #Mumu yeyes
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by Lucy001(f): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2017
menxer:
Do you know why Nnamdi Kanu is in jail?
No I do not, tell me:..
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2017
when I say that Ipob are liars they will abuse me this was carried on Radio Biafra London. See link see photo from IgbereTv pls ignore

https://mobile./222919287822515?view=permalink&id=1380939478687151&refid=18&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6402283414934086031%3Amf_story_key.1380939478687151%3Atop_level_post_id.1380939478687151%3Atl_objid.1380939478687151

This is the igbere link pls ignore them.

That is why they are called Liepods

http://igberetvnews.com/334675?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by agriboom: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2017
About fvcking time
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2017
tongue

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by menxer: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lucy001:

No I do not, tell me:..

For campaigning, inciting, demanding, and doing every thing to Break up Nigeria, period.
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by OreMI22: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hehehehe.....lol

Bunch of parasites lol...
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by TimeManager(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
The North will shock Everybody. They were once an independent region, they can do it again.

Meanwhile, Ekwueme was the brain behind the creation of geo-political zones.

OJukwu the brain behind the civil war.

Nnamdi Azikiwe the brain behind the Indissoluble Union.

Dr. Okadigbo the brain behind irregular allocation of resources 1979.

They are the bane of their Misfortune.

Kiss the truth!
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by kingzizzy: 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
TimeManager:
The North will shock Everybody. They were once an independent region, they can do it again.

Meanwhile, Ekwueme was the brain behind the creation of geo-political zones.

OJukwu the brain behind the civil war.

Nnamdi Azikiwe the brain behind the Indissoluble Union.

Dr. Okadigbo the brain behind irregular allocation of resources 1979.

They are the bane of their Misfortune.

Kiss the truth!

There is one I disagree with. Ojukwu was not the brains behind the war, that was 100% Gowons fault
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by TimeManager(m): 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingzizzy:

There is one I disagree with. Ojukwu was not the brains behind the war, that was 100% Gowons fault
If he hadn't evaded the Mid-west, perhaps there wouldn't have been a civil war... don't you think so omo igbo?

Truth is mine!
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by subsurface: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
story...
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by kingzizzy: 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Of the 3 main ethnic groups, when one hears that Yorubas would like to secede along with its nearby minorities as Oduduwa Republic, nobody would care.

If one heard thst Hausa/Fulanis want to leave Nigeria with the minorities of the North, no one would care.

But as soon as Igbos say they are leaving with the minorities as Biafra, everyone starts shouting

2 Likes

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by kingzizzy: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
TimeManager:
If he hadn't evaded the Mid-west, perhaps there wouldn't have been a civil war... don't you think so omo igbo?

Truth is mine!

The war had already started when he invaded the midwest.

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by sammyj: 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hmmmm. This people should thread with caution based on their age because when it happens they might not have the strength to finish what they want to start. My advise to the youth is not to be allowed to be used to cause any civil war by men that has enjoyed everything during their youth age in the past!!! I stand with One Nigeria!!! cheesy wink
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by TimeManager(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingzizzy:

The war had already started when he invaded the midwest.
It wasn't war yet. It was still a police action.
Kiss the truth!
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by ozoebuka1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
sammyj:
Hmmmm. This people should thread with caution based on their age because when it happens they might not have the strength to finish what they want to start. My advise to the youth is not to be allowed to be used to cause any civil war by men that has enjoyed everything during their youth age in the past!!! I stand with One Nigeria!!! cheesy wink
Any small thing, you will be shouting civil war. In all that was written above there, did you hear the man mention war? igbo has agreed, Hausa is ready all you need do is encourage your people to get ready and call for a round table for everything to be resolved amicably.

I really want a country with one objective where everyone will be happy,safe and patriotic, not a country where there's rage,envy,tribalism,religious differences and unresolved past mistakes.

Biafra can be that country, likewise arewa as well as oduduwa republica. I just want to be proud of my country, is that hard to ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingzizzy:
Of the 3 main ethnic groups, when one hears that Yorubas would like to secede along with its nearby minorities as Oduduwa Republic, nobody would care.

If one heard thst Hausa/Fulanis want to leave Nigeria with the minorities of the North, no one would care.

But as soon as Igbos say they are leaving with the minorities as Biafra, everyone starts shouting

Because Igbos are generally known to be intolerant and land-grabbers.
The experience the minorities in Calabar-Ogoja axis, etc, had under core Igbos in the space of only 3 years opened everyone's eyes to this fact.
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by kingzizzy: 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
TimeManager:
It wasn't war yet. It was still a police action.
Kiss the truth!

Police action? The Nigerian Army was shelling Ogoja and Nsukka long before Ojukwu invaded the mid west, and you are calling that 'police action' because thats what Gowon called it. What kind of Police uses morter shells? Police action was nothing but a declaration of war by Gowon.
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by kingzizzy: 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Because Igbos are generally known to be intolerant and land-grabbers.
The experience the minorities in Calabar-Ogoja axis, etc, had under core Igbos in the space of only 3 years opened everyone's eyes to this fact.

Really? And what was their experience? Tell us so we may learn
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ango Abdullahi's treasonous statements do not represent the opinions of the north so he should take his Arewa republic and shove it up his arse. Nigeria will never be broken up
Re: We Are Ready To Divide Nigeria Now: Northern Elders Forum by dealslip(f): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
there they go again ranting, bickering and fighting all the time, cant we have a decent thread without it descending into tirades about whose fault the civil war is, ojukwu bla bla, gowon bla bla, awolowo bla bla angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Compiles Names Of Cabinet Members To Be Sacked / Massive Crowd At APGA Flag Off Today In Awka / Atiku Is A Walk-over In 2019 – Sen Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.