Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? (10346 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC / Grazing: Miyetti Allah Expresses Shock Over South-East Governors' Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Then you and your people should reject Biafra when the referendum comes

Let me give you one advice to your people

Don't make the mistake of Southern Cameroon

Some decisions are irreversible and destructive

Before you guys reject Biafra, ask yourselves if Nigeria will ever be that country you guys wish of.

Look into the future of Nigeria and Biafra before making a decision cool

You see.. . We never asked for a referendum. You can't force one on us. We are not confused about who we are. We don't have any identity crisis.

Referendums are done on requests and we haven't requested for any. You may have your referendum in the former Eastern region or Igboid groups, certainly not with us. We were never Biafrans nor do we intend to be. If a referendum is to involve us, then it must of necessity involve the Edos from whence we came, Yorubas with which we have more affinity, Hausas who have been friends to us, etc. In that case, it would be a nationwide referendum and we would be glad to vote for Nigeria over and over again.

If we are even to leave Nigeria, we will map out plans for our own nation. We can't leave a Lugardian project for another whatsoever! Until such plans materialise, we remain Nigerians in truth, body and spirit!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by tifany89(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
bantudra:

how can you be sure that we are imitating south southerners..??...

let me tell you something about yorubas:
they have no interest in immitating anybody....

i dont know who told you that they have time for that..

we are south southerners only not igbos...

we have the right to say our opinion too,even if you call us afonjas...it will not stop us...

What do u mean by south southerners? Coz am aware Igbos,Edo,itsekiri, ogoni, ijaw, isoko n d likes all have different identities. If the Igbos among you decide to be with their brothers in the East why should dat bother you? Anyway no need arguing unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:
fratermathy
Amberon

Does Nigeria have a bright future.?

Does Biafra have a bright future.?

Pls give me an answer

The future can only ever be better for all.

I will always wish Biafra well because I recognise the right to self-determination and so I wish Biafra a bright future!

Nigeria is my country. Things are bad. There is no utopia anywhere. It is left for Nigerians to rebuild the nation and talk out our issues. Nigeria is rising higher, even in the midst of our issues, and the future is certainly bright.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

You see.. . We never asked for a referendum. You can't force one on us. We are not in confused about who we are. We don't have any identity crisis.

Referendums are done on requests and we haven't requested for any. You may have your referendum in the former Eastern region or Igboid groups, certainly not with us. We were never Biafrans nor do we intend to be. If a referendum is to involve us, then it must of necessity involve the Edos from whence we came, Yorubas with which we have more affinity, Hausas who have been friends to us, etc. In that case, it would be a nationwide referendum and we would be glad to vote for Nigeria over and over again.

If we are even to leave Nigeria, we will map out plans for our own nation. We can't leave a Lugardian project for another whatsoever! Until such plans materialise, we remain Nigerians in truth, body and spirit!

You are dodging the real questions

In 50years time, will Nigeria be a place you are proud of.?

Tell your people to take their time and look well so that they can know what line of action to take.

If by this time, Urhobos have not asked themselves the future of Nigeria, then it is a pity.

Igbos want a country like US Japan Germany they can be proud of

Nigeria will never be that country because the North will always oppose restructuring.

Think while you and amberon hold tightly to one Nigeria

Nigeria is not getting any better

Look around you and project the future
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
tifany89:

What do u mean by south southerners? Coz am aware Igbos,Edo,itsekiri, ogoni, ijaw, isoko n d likes all have different identities. If the Igbos among you decide to be with their brothers in the East why should dat bother you? Anyway no need arguing unnecessarily

Please ignore that guy. I doubt if he's Urhobo because he has not shown any proof of such.

I've alway maintained and all Urhobos do as well, that Urhobo-Isoko is not interested in Biafra.

We do not speak for Delta Igbos or any other ethnic group. Every group has a right to self-determination and if Biafra is the concrete manifestation of that right, so be it!

I only add the addendum that ethnic groups should not be added arbitrarily when they have not expressed their wish for Biafra through their representatives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

You are dodging the real questions

In 50years time, will Nigeria be a place you are proud of.?

Tell your people to take their time and look well so that they can know what line of action to take.

If by this time, Urhobos have not asked themselves the future of Nigeria, then it is a pity.

Igbos want a country like US Japan Germany they can be proud of

Nigeria will never be that country because the North will always oppose restructuring.

Think while you and amberon hold tightly to one Nigeria

These questions won't make us or any Urhobo for that matter, pledge to the Biafran project.

Nigeria is something we would be proud of for better or worse.

If we must leave Nigeria, we will map out plans for an Urhobo nation. Every ethnic group has a right to its own autonomous nation. I respect the Igbo's right to that. So, too, respect mine to that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

These questions won't make us or any Urhobo for that matter, pledge to the Biafran project.

Nigeria is something we would be proud of for better or worse.

If we must leave Nigeria, we will map out plans for an Urhobo nation. Every ethnic group has a right to its own autonomous nation. I respect the Igbo's right to that. So, too, respect mine to that.
Amberon

If your comment is the true wishes of your people, so be it

But your people will vote in a referendum so that tomorrow, we won't accept excuses of not being given an opportunity to reject Nigeria.

The referendum will be done based on tribe so that every tribe will determine their direction.

We will like not to accept people from those tribes that will reject Biafra in a referendum.

For that reason it is good a referendum is conducted so that we can know those who do not believe in Biafra and ensure that they never find succor in Biafra.

When Biafra stands, we will discourage Biafrans from living in Nigeria and vice versa for at least 50years

Hope you now understand the need for a referendum
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by Amberon: 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
Anyone and any nation can have a bright future with good governance and appropriate measures to ensure growth and development.

25 years ago, UAE didn't seem like they had a bright future. 50 years ago, China didn't seem like it had a bright future too.

ConqueredWest:
fratermathy
Amberon

Does Biafra have a bright future.?

Pls give me an answer

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by bantudra: 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
tifany89:

then they should relocate to the south east...simple.....

they can not be in the south south and still want biafra in the area they live in....dividen the south south or even adding everything to biafra is nonesense...
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 12:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amberon:
Anyone and any nation can have a bright future with good governance and appropriate measures to ensure growth and development.

25 years ago, UAE didn't seem like they had a bright future. 50 years ago, China didn't seem like it had a bright future too.

fratermathy

Since Urhobos believe in Nigeria having a bright future, then reject Biafra through a referendum so that tomorrow if Nigeria remains a failed state, we Biafrans will reject you guys whenever you people seek for refuge in Biafra and vice versa

The purpose of the referendum is to have a clear justification not to grant any of you asylum in Biafra when it becomes clear to you guys that Nigeria can never prosper as a nation.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by Amberon: 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
I perfectly understand your point. Nigeria is already a failed state and anyone denying that is living in delusion. I also understand that everyone has a right to self determination which is why we the urhobos through the umbrella of the urhobo body (U.P.U) have made our choice.

Understand that we have no issues with the actualization of Biafra, but the way most Igbos go about their struggle is absurd. Insulting and demeaning ND tribes that don't subscribe to the biafran dream.

Personally, I do not want to be in the same country with the Hausa/Fulanis as nothing good has ever emanated from that region. But I also do not want to be part of Biafra because of the many future uncertainties may arise.
ConqueredWest:

Amberon

If your comment is the true wishes of your people, so be it

But your people will vote in a referendum so that tomorrow, we won't accept excuses of not being given an opportunity to reject Nigeria.

The referendum will be done based on tribe so that every tribe will determine their direction.

We will like not to accept people from those tribes that will reject Biafra in a referendum.

For that reason it is good a referendum is conducted so that we can know those who do not believe in Biafra and ensure that they never find succor in Biafra.

When Biafra stands, we will discourage Biafrans from living in Nigeria and vice versa for at least 50years

Hope you now understand the need for a referendum
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by Amberon: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
Asylum? Hahahah

Don't patronize yourself. A referendum will only be done if the said tribes as for it. So far we have not requested fr a referendum , therefore there will be no such thing as a referendum on our soil.

Other tribes can join, but certainly not us.
ConqueredWest:

Since Urhobos believe in Nigeria having a bright future, then reject Biafra through a referendum so that tomorrow if Nigeria remains a failed state, we Biafrans will reject you guys whenever you people seek for refuge in Biafra and vice versa

The purpose of the referendum is to have a clear justification not to grant any of you asylum in Biafra when it becomes clear to you guys that Nigeria can never prosper as a nation.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amberon:
I perfectly understand your point. Nigeria is already a failed state and anyone denying that is living in delusion. I also understand that everyone has a right to self determination which is why we the urhobos through the umbrella of the urhobo body (U.P.U) have made our choice.

Understand that we have no issues with the actualization of Biafra, but the way most Igbos go about their struggle is absurd. Insulting and demeaning ND tribes that don't subscribe to the biafran dream.

Personally, I do not want to be in the same country with the Hausa/Fulanis as nothing good has ever emanated from that region. But I also do not want to be part of Biafra because of the many future uncertainties may arise.

You ,fratermathy and the Urhobos do you guys now understand the need for the referendum

In the referendum, you guys have a choice to reject Biafra for Nigeria so that we won't feel bad rejecting you guys at the border when you seek succor , comfort and refuge in Biafra.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

You don't seem to get this referendum thing. We never asked for it and we are not interested in it. You can't FORCE us to vote for what we never wanted in the first place.

If the entire Nigeria is undertaking the referendum on whether or not to remain in Nigeria, it is a different case entirely but if your referendum is about Biafra and those voting in your referendum are select ethnic groups then Urhobo-Isokos WILL NOT participate! Afterall, our refusal to participate implies disinterestedness.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amberon:
Asylum? Hahahah

Don't patronize yourself. A referendum will only be done if the said tribes as for it. So far we have not requested fr a referendum , therefore there will be no such thing as a referendum on our soil.

Other tribes can join, but certainly not us.

https://www.nairaland.com/fratermathy

If you guys aren't scared of the future, then reject Biafra at UN referendum polls so that we can be comfortable rejecting you guys at the border when it final becomes clear to you guys that Nigeria has no bright future
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

You don't seem to get this referendum thing. We never asked for it and we are not interested in it. You can FORCE us to vote for what we never wanted in the first place.

If the entire Nigeria is undertaking the referendum on whether or not to remain in Nigeria, it is a different case entirely but if your referendum is about Biafra and those voting in your referendum are select ethnic groups then Urhobo-Isokos WILL NOT participate! Afterall, our refusal to participate implies disinterestedness.

You guys can't eat your cake and have it

Be bold like the Southern Cameroonians and face the choice of your decision

We won't like to hear you guys giving us excuses to enter Biafra tomorrow when Nigeria becomes a complete disaster.

That is why that referendum will stand so that we can merciless when rejecting you guys at the border.

Be bold like Southern Cameroonians.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

If you guys aren't scared of the future, then reject Biafra at UN referendum polls so that we can be comfortable rejecting you guys at the border when it final becomes clear to you guys that Nigeria has no bright future

Amberon, yanji oshare na vwo.

You seem incorrigible. We have made our point.

WE DID NOT ASK FOR ANY REFERENDUM AND WILL CERTAINLY NOT PARTAKE IN ANY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by Amberon: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Did you not read the part where i said there will be referendum on our soil because we didnt ask for one?

We are even the ones who will ensure necessary measure against the influx of refugees from the east.
ConqueredWest:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by nengibo: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ugomba:
coolscot.t hiding under a new moniker. Hwfa at ur other moniker Ajire.tuwo.
Riverine ogogoro drunkard whose future is to be a militant.
Who be dis one, are u an osu too
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

You guys can't eat your cake and have it

Be bold like the Southern Cameroonians and face the choice of your decision

We won't like to hear you guys giving us excuses to enter Biafra tomorrow when Nigeria becomes a complete disaster.

That is why that referendum will stand so that we can merciless when rejecting you guys at the border.

Be bold like Southern Cameroonians.

Trust me, Biafra is the LAST place an Urhobo will want to join. We would rather join Togo and be treated as brothers there.

Nigeria is what we want. In the absence of which we will create our own nation.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amberon:
Did you not read the part where i said there will be referendum on our soil because we didnt ask for one?

We are even the ones who will ensure necessary measure against the influx of refugees from the east.

There are 2 reasons you guys are scared of referendum by tribe

1) You know your people will accept Biafra in mass

2) You don't want to lose the goodies of Biafra since you guys know that at the border, you guys will be rejected

Whether you guys accept referendum or not, Biafra will be a no go area for you guys since you guys believe it won't be good for your people

As for our people, all will be instructed to avoid citizens of former Nigeria and Nigeria.

Those who do not believe in Biafra, will never be accepted in Biafra no matter how much they plea.

We will be good neighbors that do not visit each other.

We will visit other West African countries but not former Nigeria.

All those tribes who will reject UN referendum, will never be accepted into Biafra.

So Urhobos are free to reject the referendum

Thanks.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

2) You don't want to lose the goodies of Biafra since you guys know that at the border, you guys will be rejected

Whether you guys accept referendum or not, Biafra will be a no go area for you guys since you guys believe it won't be good for your people

As for our people, all will be instructed to avoid citizens of former Nigeria and Nigeria.

Those who do not believe in Biafra, will never be accepted in Biafra no matter how much they plea.

All those tribes who will reject UN referendum, will never be accepted into Biafra.

Thanks.

kk
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I agree with you on this. They too have a right to join their kin and kith in the struggle.

However, the proponents of Biafra need to engage them more and make them feel welcome, more than they may already feel. Some of them feel alienated from the Igbo ethnicity but that doesn't change their status as Igbo speaking people!
Yeah. We need to do better but we have gone far though. If u have noticed, the number of Delta Igbo proudly claiming their Igbo ethnicity is increasing unlike before. It is because of our outreach to them. It will get better with. Migwo Ose!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by realjoker(m): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Thanks.
Na by force to conduct Referendum in their region? That is why I keep saying all this beerfraud agitation is just an avenue to corner away Niger Delta resources by you greedy lots from other Nigerians and you deluded and frustrated beerfraud supporters keep on vidicating me day in day out.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by Kelsonic: 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
If i hear kpeem from u again.

nengibo:

Useless Osu. Dont quote me again
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
realjoker:
Na by force to conduct Referendum in their region? That is why I keep saying all this beerfraud agitation is just an avenue to corner away Niger Delta resources by you greedy lots from other Nigerians and you deluded and frustrated beerfraud supporters keep on vidicating me day in day out.

Afonja mind your business

Despite Oil and Gas existing in Igbo regions of SE and SS, we have survived outside of it due to our investment in human resources

Citizens of Nigeria will not be accepted in Biafra and also, we won't visit your country.

Afonja get ready to see Lagos being empty of Biafrans as we consider it a no go area.
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by realjoker(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Afonja mind your business

Despite Oil and Gas existing in Igbo regions of SE and SS, we have survived outside of it due to our investment in human resources

Citizens of Nigeria will not be accepted in Biafra and also, we won't visit your country.

Afonja get ready to see Lagos being empty of Biafrans as we consider it a no go area.
Keep fooling yourself and keep deceiving your co-travelers. Let me ask you one more time, Na by force to join beerfraud Referendum?
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by ConqueredWest: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
realjoker:
Keep fooling yourself and keep deceiving your co-travelers. Let me ask you one more time, Na by force to join beerfraud Referendum?

Afonja he pain you sey we no invite una..

Abeg face Togo and Benin republics
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by mangood74: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
hahaha face togo and benin republic.
afonjaaas don't take the bull by the horn
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by realjoker(m): 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Afonja he pain you sey we no invite una..

Abeg face Togo and Benin republics
Lolz. So to honor invitation na by force?
Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by wirinet(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
realjoker:

Na so I see am o! Igbo people want force referendum on Urhobo, Itsekiri, isoko and Ijaw people. I have never see or heard anything like that before, I thought it is the people themselves that will demand for referendum and not other people fighting on their behalf.
I am yet to hear an Urhobo, Itsekiri, isoko or an Ijaw man talk about a referendum, not to talk of demanding for one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? by fratermathy(m): 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
wirinet:

Na so I see am o! Igbo people want force referendum on Urhobo, Itsekiri, isoko and Ijaw people. I have never see or heard anything like that before, I thought it is the people themselves that will demand for referendum and not other people fighting on their behalf.
I am yet to hear an Urhobo, Itsekiri, isoko or an Ijaw man talk about a referendum, not to talk of demanding for one.

Their logic is very wonderful! By force referendum! Where have we ever heard that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

There Is Problem:See What Father Mbaka Said In Church Today About Buhari's Life / House Of Representatives Investigates Non-payment Of Salaries In Kogi / Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.