Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole (18979 Views)

8 Fruits You Didn't Know Grow In Nigeria / Have You An Orchard Of Some Expensive Fruits That Must Not Die?? / Paid Research/information Request: Nigerian Fruits, Seasons And Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by chuksjuve(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
Land locked...
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by seguno2: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
With people like this in government,

*singing in Fela's voice*

I sorry sorry o
I sorry for Nigeria

What did Buhari's do since he was sacked by IBB in 1985 apart from stealing money with Abacha in PTF?
What did he achieve?
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by 0b10010011: 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
I would have made a 3rd class in the university if I could read the long article up there.
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by flyDixon: 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
I disagree that this goes for all Nigerians, because from the part of country where I come from, fruit is part of our daily meal

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by Bahddo(m): 5:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nostalgia smiley
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by tribalistseun: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
Rapsowdee01:

I sorry sorry o
I sorry for Nigeria
we Nigerians stand with Dino meleye. Thiefnubuu agents go and die
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by Ademat7(m): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
powerful write up
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by Rossikk(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
I think it is the packaging of fruits that needs to improve. Times are changing. In these days when everyone is in a hurry to hustle here and there, nobody has the time to sit down and start slicing pineapples or pawpaws, coconuts etc. What we need are little packages of chilled and sliced fruits folks can pick up from a shop on their way to work. Then you will know Nigerians like fruits.
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by Originalsly: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
martineverest:
It's really sad, bro.... Currently Holidaying in edo state. I realize that almost all houses in my village have graviola/soursop trees in their compound. This fruit is known to cure/prevent cancer and nobody is making effort to export them to Europe or America where cancer is prevalent
We ourselves don't want to use sour sop... how can we convince the Americans... who were brainwashed into believing chemotherapy is the way?...and we are blindly following them? The leaves and roots are even more potent...that I know for a fact.
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by gwama: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
I come from Burkina Faso, which is a Sahelian country, we do not have as many fruits and vegetables as Nigeria. My last stay in Lagos in December 2016, I discovered in Ikotun market very big mandarins very juicy and well sweet. Oh that I loved them. kiss
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by martineverest(m): 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
Originalsly:
We ourselves don't want to use sour sop... how can we convince the Americans... who were brainwashed into believing chemotherapy is the way?...and we are blindly following them? The leaves and roots are even more potent...that I know for a fact.
true...most of us dont know dat the cure of iur illness lies in the forest
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by theNOISEmaker: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
Onnasucs1:
what effort have you made since the day you saw it?
hehehe
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by fmarshal(m): 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
I can relate to this post. I remember the days in Nigeria when we had all these in abundance. Now, it's a terrible situation.
I am currently in India, I feel bad for Nigeria every morning when I open my window and watch Indians milking cows, goats and buffalos. They sell fresh milk, curd, butter, cheese and all dairy products daily. Fresh milk is the norm, and when they are packaged, the expiry duration is just a few days.
Not only dairy products, but their agricultural sector is great. There is no need for tomato puree, you get fresh tomatoes easily. It costs about N50 per kg. Other fruits are also readily available, fresh from the farm.
If we could develop our agricultural sector, Nigeria would be great again..
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by EyesulO(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
sadSad...I read all the comments above me and I realise the young people reading this write up don't understand it at all.
sad sadSadder...they will never understand things have really gone bad sad
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by borednhorny: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
We are in the technology age. If it doesn't come in a package and carries an expiry date, we are not interested. When we were in primary school, na fruits and grasshopper we dey find always. Now everyone buys packed fruit juice and snacks for their children.
We can blame the past and present government all we want. But i fear for the future more. We are on a path of total ruin.
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by juman(m): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
paskyboy:
The Fulanis won't allow us farm in peace
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by juman(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2017
Sometimes ago even a large scale farmer became president he added no value to agriculture.

Presently the senseless apc government is a curse to nigeria. Not interested in farming.
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by redsun(m): 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
It is the plight of a peoople that evolves backwards,instead of forward. The worse affected is banana,terribly hot,wrinkled,and unappetizing.
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by slurryeye: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
Rapsowdee01:

I sorry sorry o
I sorry for Nigeria

The song is actually by Femi

Nice try though
Re: Nigerian Fruits: Why Are The Days Gone? By Patrick Dele Cole by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
slurryeye:

The song is actually by Femi

Nice try though

I didn't say it was by Fela na... I was just using his voice... Shey i cannot use olamide voice to sing Davido's IF ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

#Treated Dwarf Cameroonian Hybrid Plantain & Banana Suckers 4 Sale @ Chip Prices / Agro Alliied Equipment Service, Manufacturing, Sales,installation And Maintenanc / Get this Semi-automatic Poultry Layer Business Plan/Manual for $12 (N5,550)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.