Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,548 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians (2456 Views)

NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? / NL Christians, I Dare You To Do This. / Two Questions For NL Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by CANTICLES: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Dont think every wordly person smokes weed because your religion teaches that. Lol. Cannot handle criticism eya. Ask Jesus if he lied. I don't have hatred for jw people but how I have problem with people who say their God is loving yet will commit mass genocide on people who refuse to become jws yet theSame people say a religion that believes in hellfire has a cruel God.

Matthew 7:4-5 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while there is still a beam in your own eye? 5You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Jesus doesn't lie and if you have a problem with someone using two hands to go to hell which has unquenchable fire I said take it to Jesus Christ.

Reading your comments Just make me smile. its not everybody that Speak against the Hell lie that's a Witness , Most atheist on this forum dont belive in it either, Coupled with some other bible believing individuals . Infact, its the reason many of them become atheist or agnostics

A Jehovahs Witness will never said Jesus lied , He is our Mentor , Lord and means of Salvation. That is enough to let you know the Op might be an agnostic , atheist or deist .
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by CANTICLES: 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Peacefullove:
Countless times, have heard Christian televangelist and their various adherents Scream on top of their voices the words of Mark 9:43 to force and scare u to convert to the mainstream Christianity. ONLY if you listen to the silent voices beneath the said verse .

it reads

"And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire." - Mark 9 vs 43 . only few people would see the silent voice in this verse right now, do you ?

One thing is certain, You no doubt see hell and unquenchable fire . thats all you are concerned about . Kindly listen again.

" And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. "

Now read the bold again and again , Your two hands with which u are scrolling this page would also follow a man to Hell , Am I missing something ? Pls how many dead people have we seen died and their Two hands disappeared into Hell ? answer please . Note that the above verse said man will go into Hell with his Two Hands , haba!

if no one has actually go to this hell with their two hands, Is Jesus Lying ?

Like someone told you earlier, its an honest mistake on your part due to the translation you used . Yes Honest because the wording seem to indicate peoples fleshly hand and and legs goes to an hell .

But Jesus listeners could understand what he meant because the greek word rendered hell in that scripture as someone already pointed out to you is Gehenna

Evidence reveal that dead carcasses of humans and animals are thrown into Gehenna, So literally peoples hand and leg can be found in Gehenna Therefore, Jesus didnt lie . its a fact that his listeners could relate to.

therefore, since Gehenna is a place of destruction , Jesus used it to illustrate " eternal Destruction " 2 The 1:9 of the disobedient ones .

Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by captain247: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Prov 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Op get Wisdom and understanding
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
@ peacefullove. Without being biased at all, we have to ask ourselves this question. Why was the BIBLE documented in Greek, the New Testament to be specific. Is Jesus a Jew or a Greek? Did he preached using Greek as the language for conveying his message? Infact its an Irony that alot of people refer to Greek, a greater amazement is how all this English translations are held up as if its the Language spoken by Christ. Hell? Hades? Grehena e.t.c. THAT PURITY IN HEBREW WHERE IS IT FOR AUTHENTIIFICATION. Just being honest. If there is none then, all that there is, is doubt. I wont want to call it fraud. Though e
1john 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the
Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." Has been accused to be a Latin Corruption of the Greek. This verse of Three in heaven is labelled as fraud when you read the preface to modern bibles. Without knowledge, digging into the crux, to believe in what you by yourself did not discover but handed to you is no more than BLIND FAITH. Whether a Muslim, Christian, Hindu or whatever is my point.
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
Peacefullove:
Countless times, have heard Christian televangelist and their various adherents Scream on top of their voices the words of Mark 9:43 to force and scare u to convert to the mainstream Christianity. ONLY if you listen to the silent voices beneath the said verse .

it reads

"And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire." - Mark 9 vs 43 . only few people would see the silent voice in this verse right now, do you ?

One thing is certain, You no doubt see hell and unquenchable fire . thats all you are concerned about . Kindly listen again.

" And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. "

Now read the bold again and again , Your two hands with which u are scrolling this page would also follow a man to Hell , Am I missing something ? Pls how many dead people have we seen died and their Two hands disappeared into Hell ? answer please . Note that the above verse said man will go into Hell with his Two Hands , haba!

if no one has actually go to this hell with their two hands, Is Jesus Lying ?

Wait, why would hand disappear? "with two hands" i.e it's better you sacrifice what causes you to sin rather that you and than thing go to hell. Actually, it is a parable. If I'm say it literally like you just want it, well I'd: If your hand causes you masturbate hence commit adultery and defile your body, cut it off! For it is better for you to go to heaven with your hands than to go to hell with you and your genital.

Well, apostle paul told us about our resurrection in 1 cor 15 that we shall be changed and that this corruptible shall put on incorruptible So, they would be no pain or sadness but overfulness of joy!

So, doesn't God knows if a believer is sick and dies? Will He still feel the Fever after death? Even so God have mercy to whoever He wants. He who God loves, He saves. And to live for me is Christ and to die is gain!
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Peacefullove: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Jameslad:

Wait, why would hand disappear? "with two hands" i.e it's better you sacrifice what causes you to sin rather that you and than thing go to hell. Actually, it is a parable. If I'm say it literally like you just want it, well I'd: If your hand causes you masturbate hence commit adultery and defile your body, cut it off! For it is better for you to go to heaven with your hands than to go to hell with you and your genital.

Well, apostle paul told us about our resurrection in 1 cor 15 that we shall be changed and that this corruptible shall put on incorruptible So, they would be no pain or sadness but overfulness of joy!

So, doesn't God knows if a believer is sick and dies? Will He still feel the Fever after death? Even so God have mercy to whoever He wants. He who God loves, He saves. And to live for me is Christ and to die is gain!

the thought of cutting ur hands scare u, so u quickly assume that is a parable

Oga, if the verse is a parable .. You just render "Hell " in the same verse to be a parable. #Fact

u cant cherry pick what to believe , if u insist hell is literal , Please explain how hands and legs are thrown into hell ?
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Peacefullove: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
captain247:
Prov 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Op get Wisdom and understanding

your quote applies to you . u just despise the wisdom the Op has spoken in your ears grin grin
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Peacefullove:

the thought of cutting ur hands scare u, so u quickly assume that is a parable

Oga, if the verse is a parable .. You just render "Hell " in the same verse to be a parable. #Fact

u cant cherry pick what to believe , if u insist hell is literal , Please explain how hands and legs are thrown into hell ?

Explain why Jesus said He lay down His life that He might take it again when people actually wants to kill Him
Who told I was "scared"? I wondered why you just don't get that well enough explained parable. People just try to get around the truth not knowing that while they profess to be wise, they become fool (note, I'm not calling you a fool). Jesus clearly talks about Surrendering all for eternal life. We relinquish all for Him(Read other parables). Jesus talks about the parable about the Rich man and Lazarus and Hell was used in some bible version and hades is used is some. BUT, Hades meant there is Hell where there is an unquenchable fire.

Heaven is Real as well as Hell! If you think you can try to play along picking a verse here and there and try to prove him a liar, you're only duping yourself!
Jesus never sinned and that's clear: the Bible said if we don't get anything in the Word of God (same Bible) it's due to our own weakness and that we need the Holy Spirit to reveal. Hmm, so God knows people perceive a different knowledge which isn't different.
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Peacefullove: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
Jameslad:

Explain why Jesus said He lay down His life that He might take it again when people actually wants to kill Him
Who told I was "scared"? I wondered why you just don't get that well enough explained parable. People just try to get around the truth not knowing that while they profess to be wise, they become fool (note, I'm not calling you a fool). Jesus clearly talks about Surrendering all for eternal life. We relinquish all for Him(Read other parables). Jesus talks about the parable about the Rich man and Lazarus and Hell was used in some bible version and hades is used is some. BUT, Hades meant there is Hell where there is an unquenchable fire.

Heaven is Real as well as Hell! If you think you can try to play along picking a verse here and there and try to prove him a liar, you're only duping yourself!
Jesus never sinned and that's clear: the Bible said if we don't get anything in the Word of God (same Bible) it's due to our own weakness and that we need the Holy Spirit to reveal. Hmm, so God knows people perceive a different knowledge which isn't different.

do u belive Jesus said hands , legs , the body will be thrown into hell, ?

kindly prove that this is true !!!
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2017
Peacefullove:

do u belive Jesus said hands , legs , the body will be thrown into hell, ?

kindly prove that this is true !!!

Ahh, I don't know why people can't understand simple things- maybe this verse will help you

Matthew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin,
cut it off and throw it away; it is better
that you lose one of your members than
that your whole body go into hell.
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by umarshek6(m): 8:50am On Oct 20, 2017
AntiWailer:
It is a parable and it is for the children and and not swines.

He simply meant sacrifice anything that will not allow you make heaven.

It is better you go to heaven without those things than go to Hell with those things

The hand and eye could mean MONEY or any thing u idolize.
what it says it that if steal ur hands get chop off as punishment

It's not a parable it's a clear statement

It's also in an hadith
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by OtemSapien: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2017
Peacefullove:

thanks for your response , If its a parable , please how could a parable hands be thrown into a literal Hell ? Contradictory!

and if the two hands Mean Money or anything been Idolized, what does the Hell into which they are thrown represent ?

note; you just successfully rendered Hell as a symbol.
hmm
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by OtemSapien: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2017
umarshek6:

It's also in an hadith
kikiki
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by AntiWailer: 9:02am On Oct 20, 2017
umarshek6:

It's also in an hadith

It is a parable.

Hadith must have copied it out of ignorance.

Chopping off ur hands and body has nothing to do with paradise.
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by umarshek6(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2017
AntiWailer:

It is a parable.

Hadith must have copied it out of ignorance.

Chopping off ur hands and body has nothing to do with paradise.
we don't copy ur are d ones hu copy

for example going to church on Sundays for service is not written anywhere in bible unless it has just been add bcoz u install nd uninstall things in de bible u even laterally inverse. word in d bible

U can check dictionary to c d meaning of d words in itallic font. Since a simple statement has now become a parable
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by AntiWailer: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2017
umarshek6:
we don't copy ur are d ones hu copy

for example going to church on Sundays for service is not written anywhere in bible unless it has just been add bcoz u install nd uninstall things in de bible u even laterally inverse. word in d bible

U can check dictionary to c d meaning of d words in itallic font. Since a simple statement has now become a parable

Dear Alfa ,

I don't have strength for unproductive religious arguments.

Have a good day

Ma Salaam.
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by umarshek6(m): 9:51am On Oct 20, 2017
AntiWailer:

Dear Alfa ,

I don't have strength for unproductive religious arguments.

Have a good day

Ma Salaam.
I take dat as a no it doesn't exist
and hey I told u d truth
I can't even waste my precious time on a Friday arguing with you

Bi salaam
Re: Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians by Peacefullove: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
Jameslad:

Ahh, I don't know why people can't understand simple things- maybe this verse will help you

Matthew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin,
cut it off and throw it away; it is better
that you lose one of your members than
that your whole body go into hell.

beautiful, now answer me : How many Human body has gone to hell ?

or let me simplify for u, Do people go to hell with their whole Body ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Niger D / The Fail-safe Way For You To Receive The Holy Spirit / Why Did God Allow Some People To Still Suffer Despite Being Devoted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.