Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Quran 2 Verse 62 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Quran 2 Verse 62 (676 Views)

What Did Allah Mean In Quran 2:144? / A Beautiful Mosque In Turkey Designed Based On A Verse Of Qur'an / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quran 2 Verse 62 by mosho4all(m): 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
Good morning sir,my name is moshood,I'm a Muslim but I have something that is unclear to me base on this Quran 2 verse 62,which I argued with my friend on Sunday saying that Christian and Jew will be rewarded their good deed on the day of judgement.please elaborate this for me becos it wasn't disturbing my mind
Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by harheesha(f): 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Yes they will be rewarded for their good deeds
Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
salaam alaykum brother, barakallaahu feek...

mosho4all:
Good morning sir,my name is moshood,I'm a Muslim but I have something that is unclear to me base on this Quran 2 verse 62,which I argued with my friend on Sunday saying that Christian and Jew will be rewarded their good deed on the day of judgement.please elaborate this for me becos it wasn't disturbing my mind

firstly you should know that, even though we are allowed to debate people of other faith(if its useful), the permission is not for everyone, those who are knowledgeable in the deen are the ones allowed to debate, not the less knowledgeable or the one weak in faith lest you get confused and perhaps be misguided, there are many examples of people who were not knowledgeable enough yet debated and got misguided......

A good example is a man called jahm ibn sufwan, he is the founder of the jahmiyyah sect, he debated philosophers and atheist which led to his misguidance, he denied the attributes of Allaah, attronites Allaah affirmed for himself, an innovation that takes one out of Islam, the same innovation the jews invented, they(jews) said Allaah's hands are tied, audubillaah.

so in essence if you are not knowledgeable enough, don't debate people of other faith, barakallaah feek.

with regards to the aayah, What is meant is that every group that believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and did righteous deeds before the time of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam will be rewarded, But after Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam was sent to both mankind and the jinn, true belief can only be in accordance with the way of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, Whoever follows his way will not fear the future or grieve for what they leave behind.

also, a jew who failed to follow the way of isa(alayhi salaam) after he was sent will not be among the jews that will be rewarded even if he does good deeds, but if he was a jew before the time of Isa(alayhi salaam), then that aayah can apply.

same applies to a Christian who failed to follow Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) after he was sent....

check this out https://islamqa.info/en/2912
Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
I feel its essential we are briefed about who a Christian is, While today almost all Christians believe in a concept called the Trinity, this was not always the case. The Trinity is a belief that God has three parts – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Jesus is depicted as being the Son of God, and thus part of God himself. This belief began to emerge during the time of Paul, a missionary who introduced the idea to make Christianity more popular among the polytheistic Roman Empire.....

This new innovation in beliefs was highly disturbing to many who followed Jesus’s true message of monotheism and devotion to God. There soon emerged two groups in the early Christian Church – those who accepted Jesus as the Son of God (the Trinitarians), and those who simply accepted him as a prophet (the Unitarians).....

To the Roman government, the distinction between the two groups was not important. Both the Trinitarians and the Unitarians were oppressed in the early decades of the AD era. That all changed in the early 300s, AD. During this time, a Unitarian preacher, Arius, began to accumulate a large following among people in North Africa. He preached the Oneness of God, and the fact that Jesus was a prophet of God, not His son. As such, he was fiercely opposed by the proponents of the Trinity, who attacked and tried to marginalize him as a crazed madman. Despite their opposition, his beliefs took hold in his native Libya, and across North Africa.....

At this time, the Roman Emperor was a man by the name of Constantine. He is best remembered for his transformation of the declining Roman Empire. He moved the capital to Constantinople (modern Istanbul in turkey) and managed to defeat some of the barbarian tribes that had been attacking Rome from the north......

When Constantine moved to Constantinople (which he named after himself), he became aware of the Trinitarian Christian Church, which informed him that if he converted to Christianity, he could have all of his previous sins forgiven. Having done so, he realized he could use the Christian Church to strengthen himself politically. As such, he began to promote the Trinitarian view of Christianity, and violently oppress Unitarians, such as Arius. During this time, the Council of Nicaea was convened. The purpose was to settle at last whether or not Jesus was the son of God.....

Naturally, the conclusion of the Council was that Jesus was a part of God and His son, and anyone who denies this is to be excommunicated from the Christian Church. The Unitarians, who were by now a strong majority of the population in North Africa and the Iberian Peninsula, were thus officially banned and forced to practice their beliefs in hiding. Constantine even ordered that all Unitarian documents be burned and Arius himself be exiled.

This oppression of Unitarians continued into the 600s, when a new force, Islam, became known in the Arabian Peninsula. When Muslim armies began to appear on the edges of the Roman Empire, the Unitarians of North Africa realized they shared much in common with this new religion. Both believed in the Oneness of God. Both believed Jesus was a prophet. Both believed that the official Trinitarian stance of the Church was an innovation that should be opposed. As such, they realized Islam was simply the conclusion of the original teachings of Jesus, and most of North Africa converted to Islam within the 600s.....

so in essence, even if we say "Christians", we can't call today Christians "Christians" because of their beliefs in Trinity...

so true Christians are those who are Unitarians, and the ones worthy of reward are those who remained Unitarians then later became Muslims when Islam emerged or those who died as Unitarians before islam emerged....

1 Like

Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
harheesha:
Yes they will be rewarded for their good deeds

this is an error, this is an error, this is an error, Allaah says;

"And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust"

he also says;

"As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. The thirsty one thinks it to be water, until he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing"

and also this;

"The parable of those who disbelieve in their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously"

so the jews, Christians we have today wont be rewarded even if they do good except they die as Muslims(believing in the guidance of Muhammad).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by harheesha(f): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
AbdelKabir:

this is an error, this is an error, this is an error, Allaah says;

"And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust"

so the jews, Christians we have wont be rewarded even if they do good except they die as Muslims(believing in the guidance of Muhammad).
am sorry for the error thanks for the correction
Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
harheesha:

barakallaahu feeki
Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
AbdelKabir:
salaam alaykum brother, barakallaahu feek...

firstly you should know that, even though we are allowed to debate people of other faith(if its useful), the permission is not for everyone, those who are knowledgeable in the deen are the ones allowed to debate, not the less knowledgeable or the one weak in faith lest you get confused and perhaps be misguided, there are many examples of people who were not knowledgeable enough yet debated and got misguided......

A good example is a man called jahm ibn sufwan, he is the founder of the jahmiyyah sect, he debated philosophers and atheist which led to his misguidance, he denied the attributes of Allaah, attronites Allaah affirmed for himself, an innovation that takes one out of Islam, the same innovation the jews invented, they(jews) said Allaah's hands are tied, audubillaah.

so in essence if you are not knowledgeable enough, don't debate people of other faith, barakallaah feek.

with regards to the aayah, What is meant is that every group that believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and did righteous deeds before the time of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam will be rewarded, But after Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam was sent to both mankind and the jinn, true belief can only be in accordance with the way of Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, Whoever follows his way will not fear the future or grieve for what they leave behind.

also, a jew who failed to follow the way of isa(alayhi salaam) after he was sent will not be among the jews that will be rewarded even if he does good deeds, but if he was a jew before the time of Isa(alayhi salaam), then that aayah can apply.

same applies to a Christian who failed to follow Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) after he was sent....

check this out https://islamqa.info/en/2912

Maa shaaa Allaah ABU Uthaymeen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quran 2 Verse 62 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
harheesha:

Maa shaaa Allaah. What a sunnah way to go, admission of an error.

Jazakumullaahu khayran yah ukhtii.

Honestly I'm happy with this.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Should We Observe Laylat Al-qadr And When Is It? / The Sayings Of Muhammad (s.a.w) / '' The Bank Of Time" ....an Admonition For The UMMAH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.