Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Loraine Maurer, 94-year-old Not Thinking Of Retirement After 44yrs Of Service - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Loraine Maurer, 94-year-old Not Thinking Of Retirement After 44yrs Of Service (392 Views)

Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms / Retirement In Nigeria: How Much Does One Need To Have? / Salary Increase: Labor Praises Head Of Service's Support For Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loraine Maurer, 94-year-old Not Thinking Of Retirement After 44yrs Of Service by flex04(m): 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
A 94-year-old American is celebrating more than four decades of working at McDonald's restaurants.
Loraine Maurer of Evansville, Indiana, works two shifts per week, 44 years after joining the hamburger chain.

The nonagenarian great-grandmother first joined in 1973 after her husband retired due to disability.
"I told him we were too young to stay at home and so I went for a job," she recalled after enjoying a cake at a special party colleagues threw for her.

She never meant to stay as long as she did, Mrs Maurer told ABC News, adding that she never thought of becoming a manager because she prefers to interact with her customers.
"She is the only one here that knows how to make oats right," said one loyal customer who attended her party.

After her husband died in 1980, she began to travel more often with a friend, often visiting McDonald's wherever she went.
"I've been to Australia, Russia, Greece, Rome, and I'd always look when I could fly over the cities. I'd look for the arch."
One location even offered to serve her beer.
"That surprised me!" she said with a chuckle.

Even though she contemplates retirement every winter, she says she never plans to leave.
"I would miss it too much", says Mrs Maurer, who has four children, six grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
"I really and truly enjoy it," Mrs Maurer adds. "Life is what you make it. And so I'm trying."

For more pix visit
source: http://leumasgist..com.ng/2017/03/loraine-maurer-94-year-old-not-thinking.html

Re: Loraine Maurer, 94-year-old Not Thinking Of Retirement After 44yrs Of Service by JoyTracy(f): 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lie don kill you.
Re: Loraine Maurer, 94-year-old Not Thinking Of Retirement After 44yrs Of Service by saintikechi(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
is he from daura or is he related to Oga bubu? they both have something similar, they want to die in office

(1) (Reply)

Vmware Vsphere ICM V6.5 Classroom Training / Do You Want To Work In Abroad? Study ISO 9001 Lead Auditor / Please Help This Frustrated Guy Get A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.