Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? (33515 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by dragonking3: 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
tintingz:
What kind of rubbish is this?

You didnt even provide sources to your biological fallacies, it make no sense.

According to world report stats, men population is higher than that of women.
I suspect that the world report is fabricated so to avoid over population. Look around you will find out that there are more women. Go to your office you will find more women. Go to church, banks, schools, you will find more women.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by eitsei(m): 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Hehehehehe yes ooo,i cant share my man.
how sure you are already not sharing him?

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by pocohantas(f): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
dragonking3:
I suspect that the world report is fabricated so to avoid over population. Look around you will find out that there are more women. Go to your office you will find more women. Go to church, banks, schools, you will find more women.
Now there more women in offices and banks? Just because you want to buttress your point. I thought Nigerian ladies don't work...

Fabricated indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Ugosample(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
Philinho:
if they're to divide a woman,I'll marry a half
This got me lol cheesy grin
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by biggestbros: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sincerity is gone, deceit is the order of the day.
Men are scared of their first wife so majority keep away their second and other wives and kids, the men who yet to have other families have side chicks abi na chicken.

majority of the women who says they cannot share dick are only decieving themselves,very few say 5 out of 100 men is not fucking more than one lady or woman. many men have even lost count.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by NotComplaining: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

This is medicine, not speculation.

You think everyone on NL just talks anyhow? Some people here on NL actually do cutting-edge stuff.

So you have no idea people actually research into this? Yes people do. The new developments and progress we have to rely on the West to do, do not come by way of miracle, but sheer hard work & dedication. Over decades.

Miscarriages happen mostly because as the foetus develops, defects in vital organs (brain, heart, kidneys, etc) make it incompatible with life. The defects can have various causes like teratogenic medication, chemical exposure, radiation exposure, drug abuse/addiction, etc.

But the main cause is genetic defects which happens to affect more male foetuses. This is what researchers have found by taking & analysing DNA samples from left over of the foetuses for genetic defects linked to gender.

No wonder we Africans are so much in the dark.

It certainly won't make any sense to you. Because using education to enlighten oneself about scientific advancement is hardly the way of many of us Africans. We rather seek miracles instead.

Check census figures for countries and see the breakdown by gender.

Anyway, I am not writing to convince you. I'm writing for those scientifically minded/progressive people silently reading here. Those that would actually go and find out about what I have mentioned here.

Science is the study of signs. Every new scientific discovery is a new sign that debases the argument of the orientalist.

Africans simply cant comply with a western definition of science, which we all know is politically motivated, focused on the single aim of world domination.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Bevista: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
@AreaFada2. Very Impressive!
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by pocohantas(f): 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
biggestbros:
Sincerity is gone, deceit is the order of the day.
Men are scared of their first wife so majority keep away their second and other wives and kids, the men who yet to have other families have side chicks abi na chicken.

majority of the women who says they cannot share dick are only decieving themselves,very few say 5 out of 100 men is not fucking more than one lady or woman. many men have even lost count.
Very funny how you guys proudly say that, but get angry when it comes from a lady. If I said all men or most men are dogs, I can imagine how may mentions I will get.

So, tell me...your father and uncles, are they among the few 5 or the 95 men that fu<k around? I want to believe your stat is based on personal observation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

You think everyone on NL just talks anyhow? Some people here on NL actually do cutting-edge stuff.

So you have no idea people actually research into this? Yes people do. The new developments and progress we have to rely on the West to do, do not come by way of miracle, but sheer hard work & dedication. Over decades.

Miscarriages happen mostly because as the foetus develops, defects in vital organs (brain, heart, kidneys, etc) make it incompatible with life. The defects can have various causes like teratogenic medication, chemical exposure, radiation exposure, drug abuse/addiction, etc.

But the main cause is genetic defects which happens to affect more male foetuses. This is what researchers have found by taking & analysing DNA samples from left over of the foetuses for genetic defects linked to gender.

It certainly won't make any sense to you. Because using education to enlighten oneself about scientific advancement is hardly the way of many of us Africans. We rather seek miracles instead.

Anyway, I am not writing to convince you. I'm writing for those scientifically minded/progressive people silently reading here. Those that would actually go and find out about what I have mentioned here.

From census data, the ratio of men to women is about 1.05:1.00. That means there are more men than women...with men exceeding women by 5% (source wikipedia and world census data) .More males are being born in western societies than in Africa (don't know why)...but more still die due to male responsibilies and war. But in the end, the average population of males exceed that of females by 5%.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Ugosample(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
After living to see how my grand uncle (grand pas bro) ended, along with many of his ilk, and compare it with my grand fathers peaceful end, I concluded that polygamy is not for me, and will not end well.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by seunmsg(m): 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
It's enough trouble already marrying one.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
pocohantas:

Very funny how you guys proudly say that, but get angry when it comes from a lady. If I said all men or most men are dogs, I can imagine how may mentions I will get.

So, tell me...your father and uncles, are they among the few 5 or the 95 men that fu<k around? I want to believe your stat is based on personal observation.

Small small sad

I dey your back sha

To think that was his first post on NL sef sad
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
DeRay98:

She's a demon

I've been observing that succubus Queen for a while, from her moniker to her signature to even her dp...I just knew she is HIGHLY possessed or at least a demon worshipper...likely a marine cult. She needs Dr olukoya asap

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Basic123: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
bukatyne:

God designed one man to marry one woman.

The population of men/women in the whole world is balanced enough to ensure everyone who desires marriage is paired off.

I laugh when I read post like this.who will marry a divorcee,widow and their likes.Majority of fresh guys dont like their type.Most of them always end up with a married man weither they like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by pocohantas(f): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

Small small sad

I dey your back sha

To think that was his first post on NL sef sad
Why are some of your fellow men, hell bent on making us believe that most men can't control their pricks? Why? Why? Why?
Mtcheew. I just tire for Nigerian men sometimes.

Imagine someone asking who will cater for widows, for every widow...there is a widower out there. There are old bachelors too. Is man's purpose on earth to keep fu<king widows and divorcees?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Basic123: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
Fundamentalist:

Big lie.

If true , give me the biblical verse that supports it.
na western culture.it is unchristian.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
"Polygamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to another spouse. It is illegal in the United States. The crime is punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both, according to the law of the individual state and the circumstances of the offense."
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Basic123: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
pocohantas:

Why are some of your fellow men hell bent on making us believe that most men can't control their pricks? Why? Why? Why?

Imagine someone asking who will cater for widows, for every widow...there is a widower out there. There are old bachelors too. Is man's purpose on earth to keep fu<king widows and divorcees?

Is it only husbands that die?
What of widowers, divorcees, old bachelors... who will marry them?
A male divorcee and widower can easily get a fresh babe compare to their female counterparts.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Billyonaire:
In the next couple of decades, marriage will be replaced with 7 to 10 yrs of contract. The population of Earth can not be sustained. This planet can only support about a million lives. So marriage is just one of the things that must go or there will be continuous war to reduce the population of the planet.

Wrong. It is greed and the evil financial system that has made it so. Presently about 55% of the occupiable land has not been occupied, the gold standard of money was removed in 1974 which has caused major depreciation of currencies around the workd just to satisfy the greed of a few elite,ever wondered why the IMF makes rules to disfavour Africa and third world countries? Are u aware that even with our pathetic exchange rate,the IMF still had the effrontery to say that the Naira is overvalued by 20%..u know what that means? This was last month o. Some humans just chose to be wicked, that's why we suffer...one man will corruptly steal billions of dollars and hide, putting it out of circulation robbing people of the purchasing power to get essential goods and services, promotion of a consumer culture and entertainment at the expense of a value creation culture...the energy industry lays waste to viable arable land to waste by overlooking safety measures just to save production costs and save rig time....the problem is wickedness.
Its just small disobedience and negligence of the truth that is disturbing the world. This planet can support more than twice its current population

6 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Beosten(m): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

That's the Coat of Arms of the PLURIMI ... grin

You are versed in ********. Which one is your gd in the goetic order?
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
Basic123:
A male divorcee and widower can easily get a fresh babe compare to their female counterparts.

Except if you're the widower of Steve Jobs grin
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by zanga420: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:
Good question. OBJ said men should marry more wives since there is oversupply of ladies.

Westernisation: we now copy Western ways.

Cost of living: Most cannot afford it.
my concerns are
1. If it's said one man to one woman a lot of ladies will be unmarried.
2. The women folk agitates for monogamy cos they know if they treat and give the man poo, no competitor.
To me, start treating your man/woman good, while will he/she want to go outside? Anyway don't don't have much to say now.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
Their trouble became too much.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by HARDDON: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Hehehehehe yes ooo,i cant share my man.

Sounds More like " i wudnt share my d1ck!"

I should warn u though: there are d1cks u meet, u only u wud luk for another to help u out cool

Then u wud be complaining .... my husby wants to kee me wit fvcks wit his pestle of a d1ck!

Eva ready. Plug n play rude boy
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
pocohantas:

Why are some of your fellow men hell bent on making us believe that most men can't control their pricks? Why? Why? Why?

Imagine someone asking who will cater for widows, for every widow...there is awidower out there. There are old bachelors too. Is man's purpose on earth to keep fu<king widows and divorcees?

I honestly don't know what to say to that. I myself am perplexed at times when I sit among my guys and hear what they do to some females. Some of them are quite lucky to meet some very good women but yet they fck it up.

But I want you to know there are good men just as there are good women.

God or no God, you should treat people the way you want to be treated. Especially the woman who is your wife. That's the number one person that will have your back when all fails, at least a true one. So why don't make yourself worth the effort?

Although, the environment a boy grows up in will shape the man he becomes but still every man has a reawakening at a point in their life.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Beosten(m): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

You have too much time to reply dunderheads
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
myking95:

Wrong. It is greed and the evil financial system that has made it so. Presently about 55% of the occupiable land has not been occupied, the gold standard of money was removed in 1974 which has caused major depreciation of currencies around the workd just to satisfy the greed of a few elite,ever wondered why the IMF makes rules to disfavour Africa and third world countries? Are u aware that even with our pathetic exchange rate,the IMF still had the effrontery to say that the Naira is overvalued by 20%..u know what that means? This was last month o. Some humans just chose to be wicked, that's why we suffer...one man will corruptly steal billions of dollars and hide, putting it out of circulation robbing people of the purchasing power to get essential goods and services, promotion of a consumer culture and entertainment at the expense of a value creation culture...the energy industry lays waste to viable arable land to waste by overlooking safety measures just to save production costs and save rig time....the problem is wickedness.
Its just small disobedience and negligence of the truth that is disturbing the world. This planet can support more than twice its current population

Everything you write there are accurate except that you have not taken into context the Standard of Life that 15 billion people can have while on this planet.

Scientific papers based on 10yrs research has shown that this planet can sustan 10 billion peasants or subsistent living but if you want to live a Standard Life, like an average American, this planet can not sustain more than 900 million people. So, Yes, if you and I can choose to live like peasants, and go back to living in those 55% (which could be wrong) unhabitable zones/habitable but abandoned zones, then by all means lets keep reproducing but I am personally not interested in living like a peasant on my own planet and I believe no one on nairaland wants to live like a peasant, so we MUST go back to abrogating plural marriage, birth control or reduction in reproductive Sex. Which is what the New World Order wants to achieve using the population reduction strategies of Fluorinating the public water supply, wars, engineering the weather, Promotion of same sex relationships/ marriages and other covet methods of population reduction which is on-going.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by pocohantas(f): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
Vorpal:

I honestly don't know what to say to that. I myself am perplexed at times when I sit among my guys and hear what they do to some females. Some of them are quite lucky to meet some very good women but yet they fck it up.
But I want you to know there are good men just as there are good women.
God or no God, you should treat people the way you want to be treated. Especially the woman who is your wife. That's the number one person that will have your back when all fails, at least a true one. So why don't make yourself worth the effort?

Although, the environment a boy grows up in will shape the man he becomes but still every man has a reawakening at a point in their life.
Falling in love and trusting a brother is so scary and uncertain these days. You see a good one and you keep wondering if he ever gonna change and be like the rest you read and hear of.

Yea, there are good men... I know there are, but when men that are supposed to know themselves better, keep trying to sell themselves short. Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by cococandy(f): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
Who's stopping your depraved asses from marrying more than one wife?
It's usually the ones who can't even feed themselves that like to carry this matter for head. Mtchew

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
pocohantas:

Falling in love and trusting a brother is so scary and uncertain these days. You see a good one and you keep wondering if he ever gonna change and be like the rest you read and hear of.

Yea, there are good men... I know there are, but when men that are supposed to know themselves better, keep trying to sell themselves short. Hmmm

Life itself is a risk, nothing is certain. Make your findings, do your deductions. If he is worth the plunge, take a dive. At least you know you tried.

At the end, hopefully it ends up well.
Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by Carter4luv(m): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
In dis recession to girlfriend oneself dey hard, not to talk of marry two wives, na u go feed dem wen hunger go come.

1 Like

Re: Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? by gud4dbest(m): 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
TrumporIdie:
why did you colour plurimi and what does that shit mean?
I like ur enquiring adept!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals / A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.