Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (30419 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by SUPERPACK: 7:25am On Mar 29, 2017
mrnigeria:

Tesla never graduated from university. pls, get your facts right and speak of Tesla with respect. The likes of Tesla are rare.
swerve abeg
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by vislabraye(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

You still don't get it. Successfully running a country is not related to how wealthy you may have become. Wealth can be acquired through unscrupulous means. Your mental ability to process information, proffer solutions to problems and apply them decisively is important.

If wealth can be obtained through unscrupulous means, what about grades ? Are you not aware that people buy grades in Nigeria ? I just dey laff you. Or maybe you are not aware that some students are being victimised for one reason or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Caseless: 7:26am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

You still don't get it. Successfully running a country is not related to how wealthy you may have become. Wealth can be acquired through unscrupulous means. Your mental ability to process information, proffer solutions to problems and apply them decisively is important.
I just checked your DP and I like the 'backview'. We can communicate... wink
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by kinnlive(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Your assertions that anybody that finishes with a third class is not mentally sound is very poorly thought out ,there are many reasons apart from intellectual deficit that might make a person finish with a lower degree than others ..In the course of life I have worked with many people that finshed with lower degrees that were actually a lot more proactive and smarter than those that finshed with higher class of degrees which is one of the reasons dropouts and so called third Class people tend to do better in life than those that finish with better degree. They tend to become creators, pathfinders , innovators and game changers while those who finish with higher degrees achieve very little after getting a good job because they are quick to feel entitled that the world owes them alot just because they made higher grades at some school and truly the world owes them nothing but a Job and nothing else .

Going by you premise people like Tony Elumelu, Gani Fawehini, Ulysses Grant , Jack Ma and many other trail blazers who the school system considered dull should have been thrown away and left to waste... Your Certificate is only there for you to compete in the work place and that's why people like Dino are Senators today while their course mates are still grinding it out in one Bank or the other. Examinations have never been a true test of the capacity of any being

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by kinnlive(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Jacob Zuma's highest qualification is PRY 3

Lula Da Silva, the former Pres. of Brazil highest educational attainment is high School, yet, he made better president and impact in Brazil than his flop of a successor, a Russell with intimidating educational and professional qualification.

Leadership is not a function of academic attainment...

Even the Igbo trader in Aba without formal education could make a better leader than a Professor of Economics.

Obong Attah of Akwa Ibom was a successful architect BUT his impact in the remodelling of Akwa Ibom was awful, unlike his successor Akpabio, who is a lawyer.

Rotimi Amaechi, a THIRD CLASS holder of English Language performed more than his predecessor Peter Odili, a Medical Doctor...

kapish
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by VanBommel(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Your assertions that anybody that finishes with a third class is not mentally sound is very poorly thought out ,there are many reasons apart from intellectual deficit that might make a person finish with a lower degree than others ..In the course of life I have worked with many people that finshed with lower degrees that were actually a lot more proactive and smarter than those that finshed with higher class of degrees which is one of the reasons dropouts and so called third Class people tend to do better in life than those that finish with better degree. They tend to become creators, pathfinders , innovators and game changers while those who finish with higher degrees achieve very little after getting a good job because they are quick to feel entitled that the world owes them alot just because they made higher grades at some school and truly the world owes them nothing but a Job and nothing else .

Going by you premise people like Tony Elumelu, Gani Fawehini, Ulysses Grant , Jack Ma and many other trail blazers who the school system considered dull should have been thrown away and left to waste... Your Certificate is only there for you to compete in the work place and that's why people like Dino are Senators today while their course mates are still grinding it out in one Bank or the other. Examinations have never been a true test of the capacity of any being
you're a very wise man

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Mcreloaded(m): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Don't u think if u remove 3rd class holders from holding public office then 2nd lower will now be the new 3rd class and so on and so forth.
Let's think with our brain the law does not say 3rd class graduates should not hold public office get a life

4 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by lordbish(m): 7:33am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
You are not only a proud he goat but also a first class fool. Who grade epp for this life. Bill Gates has no university cert but look at his achievement. You think having a first class degree means you can handle a leadership position. Sister go and rest, you have nothing to say.

6 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Caseless: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

It's good you have brought this up. Does my castigation of Dino automatically mean I support Buhari? Please bro you need to change that mentality of 'If you are against A it means you are for B'. The second part of the post refers to Buhari's inefficiencies. If we had elected someone 'better than average' we won't have been drenched in this economic death storm.
I was in the university, and I saw thirdclass who are better than most first-class in terms of real life process and practicals . Some of them can actually transfer knowledge better than a first-class. So many of them in A.B.U and they're very active and politically inclined just like Dino.

You'd agree with me that yaradua was a good president who talked less but act more. We were told he graduated with a third class too. You can't compare a third class of those days with 2-1 of now cos they were practically driven by academic works and some of them were employed based on this even as lecturers then and this is why you heard yaradua once taught in his department. I know of a lecturer in my department who's a third class and teaches better than most 2-1 holding lecturers.

Leadership is not about grade, it's about charisma and thoughtful input.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by oruma19: 7:47am On Mar 29, 2017
Who even has time to waste in reading ur analysis comparing academic performance with competence or leadership / entrepreneurship qualities. My brother it's not always so. Education is good but is no guarantee for success. Free this matter.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Halo22: 7:55am On Mar 29, 2017
It is better to be a third class holder and change your world than to have first class and remain a mediocre. Think of them; Tony Elumelu, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fahwenmi and even most drop outs. They changed their worlds and made names nationally and beyond. Am not disputing the fact that academic excellence is necessary for good leadership, but it is not always a pre- requisite. Therefore Op, have a rethink towards philosophical reasoning and correct your mindset.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by johnson232: 7:58am On Mar 29, 2017
obasiken:

Its obvious you are a fresh graduate. In 10yrs time, you will realise that your grade in the university is the least of your worries. That's if you dont end up in a kitchen.

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by justjify(m): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
You keep using WE, WE, you and who? angry

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kristokx(m): 8:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

I lovve U shocked
I think you need to change the header of your topic
Cause you don't understand the impact a header gives to the body of a topic in as much as I don't agree with your assertion I think you would have made better reasoning
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by vedah: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
True that.

I will work on it
Okay dear, good morning.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by moblix: 8:48am On Mar 29, 2017
hmm.
dangote is an alumnus of Al-Azhar University, Cairo[/quote].
Not doubt of dangote as a graduate of al-azhar uni.but b4 den his already successful
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by moblix: 8:52am On Mar 29, 2017
dukebabaaduke:
I beg u in the name of God find out something first by yourself before putting it in public sphere Dangote attended and finished his first degree in Egypt in his early twenties
B4 d school he has b a successful man
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by BWare: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

As if your opinion matters
Lol bro, no mind am

We shall only be fielding first class individuals as presidents… case closed
Nonsense grin
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by juman(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Funny.

Jonah with phd was a failure.

Nigerian problem surpasses certificate or campaigning thing.

It's only can be done by only determined people.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Setaje(f): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2017
This is the most stupid thing I have read on nairaland. You and all the people liking your comments are the people that should never be given a chance in life. You feel entitled because u are doing well in school or you think it's everyone that finished with 3 Rd class that is dumb? What rubbish did I just read. The only thing I can tell you is if in 10 years time you hav not achieved anything to be worthy of commendation with all your self worthiness. Kneel down quietly and ask God to forgive you for this post. I hope your children will not be the recipient of this you post. Every thought and word that proceed from our mind and mouth is heavy and is a living thing.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by seguntijan(m): 9:25am On Mar 29, 2017
obasiken:

Its obvious you are a fresh graduate. In 10yrs time, you will realise that your grade in the university is the least of your worries. That's if you dont end up in a kitchen.

For you finding it hard to understand the post really shows you're intellectually deficient. though wealth is not a function of intellect.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kondomatic(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2017
vedah:
Okay dear, good morning.
Same here dear.

Ts my bday #winks
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by vedah: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
Same here dear.

Ts my bday #winks
cheesy wow wow wow cheesy
Happy birthday dear, greater years ahead. Age with grace dear smiley
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Skubidude(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2017
Op u just wanted to feel important and happy but ended up posting trash, hope u are happy now?

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bintexy(f): 10:26am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

How does this apply to PMB.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by abdulkayus(m): 10:34am On Mar 29, 2017
moblix:
Leadership is not all about grade,so as to destiny.dangote never went to school but he lead well n also do well in business. If u like give country to professor wat is going to happen will still happen. Politics in Nigeria is not about grade,but is full of greedy people

I had heard this lies peddling around in the social media for too many times. FYI, Dangote is a graduate of business administration frm a university either in Sudan or Egypt (I have 4gotten) b4 even venturing into business.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

My point is that IT SHOULD BE A PREREQUISITE! Along with educational achievements we should also look at life achievements. As citizens we deserve the best. It's puzzling why we seem comfortable with school cert holders as presidents and senators.

I understand your pain and frustration, Doriana2. It's Ok to be hurt; let it out, cry if you want. Why should a 3rd Class Graduate Lord over you, a 1st Class holder? Why?

Cry your heart out, see the folly in what think about School and Life... For you're badly, badly mistaken, Doriana2
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by chibboy: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

this is the most stupid and senseless post i have ever seen in my life. it is only fail that is fail.. and if you fail, they do not give you a certificate.. as long as they give you certificate, you are all equall.. is certificate proof of knowledge? oya go chop your certificate na.. after first class you go and relax while gani fawehmi and soyinka were working hard .. some bigger grades guys think its all abou bigger grades.. no its not.. in fact its all about bigger brains...

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bigsteveg(m): 11:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Stop this trash. The fact that someone graduated with third class does not mean that person is not smart or not intelligent.
Doriana2:

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by lukeosi4life(m): 11:24am On Mar 29, 2017
I graduated with a 3rd Class in mechanical engineering. But I am working with a big company here in Lagos.
My salary is closely 200k monthly. There are 2nd class upper & lowers still walking on the street of Lagos jobless!
Friends, it's not by grade but by grace!
I thank God 4 my life everyday.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Joythah(m): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2017
I sincerly hope she becomes wiser with age. If not wahala dey.
Juliearth:

Thank you very much. You just took the words out of of mouth. It doenst make sense at all.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bigsteveg(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2017
Abi O, I tire for the guy. With this his reasoning ,even if he graduates with a first class. He will be like this
lukeosi4life:
I graduated with a 3rd Class in mechanical engineering. But I am working with a big company here in Lagos.
My salary is closely 200k monthly. There are 2nd class upper & lowers still walking on the street of Lagos jobless!
Friends, it's not by grade but by grace!
I thank God 4 my life everyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gimba Kakanda Accusing Wike Of Demolishing Mosque In False Tweets, Gets Blasted / Tinubu: Why My Wife, Oluremi Was Absent From My Colloquium In Kano / Hoodlums Burn Ashaka Police Station In Delta, As Officers Kill 6 Armed Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.