Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (30411 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by donbenz(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Even 2.2 shouldnt be allowed to contest too. Olodos angry angry angry angry
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kondomatic(m): 11:48am On Mar 29, 2017
vedah:
cheesy wow wow wow cheesy
Happy birthday dear, greater years ahead. Age with grace dear smiley
Thanks dearie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by domchike(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Bigsteveg(m): 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Lol

Kondomatic:
You are an idiot and I am not happy about it.
Where did I say that 3rd class are a better?
Seems you have issues with compression.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by moblix: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=abdulkayus post=55060194]

I had heard this lies peddling around in the social media for too many times. FYI, Dangote is a graduate of business administration frm a university either in Sudan or Egypt (I have 4gotten) b4 even venturing into business.
Wat year if I may ask
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by orunto27: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
The Electorates prefer their 3rd class to your forged 1st class or meaningless and irrelevant PhD.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by CarlosTheJackal: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
And same Zuma outperformed his predecessor Thabo Be kind who is a man with more than one degree.

Can you compare the performance of former Kogi state Governor Ibrahim Idris with his successors Idris Wada and Yahaya Bello combined?

Again, you have NO valid point....

BTW Seun Osewa is a "drop out" but can you compare the height he has reached with most of these PHD holders? Will you say he is unfit to hold leadership position?

Like I said, leadership is not a function of educational accomplishment...
Seun is an alumnus of OAU please.

Cc jarus
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by deleo16(m): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Watch you may not like the messnger but listen to the messege on first class and 3rd class and educarion as a whole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2k_RIX7wOE
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by kov624665(m): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
jegusy2k:

A masters​ degree without a PGD. So 3rd class can move on with master's without post graduate diploma.
Issorait
In as much as I've said what you've just said, I doubt if you know there are courses that doesn't need you to do PGD before masters cheesy
Don't be too forward sha! We know what we are talking about. If you need examples, Sorry to disappoint you....its an assignment for you to solve (go and make your own research) cheesy tongue
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kfed4ril(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

You still don't get it. Successfully running a country is not related to how wealthy you may have become. Wealth can be acquired through unscrupulous means. Your mental ability to process information, proffer solutions to problems and apply them decisively is important.

You are the one who doesn't get it.
For the fact you graduated with 3rd class doesn't mean you are dull or you graduated with 1st class doesn't mean you are bright (most are good crammers).

jelani aliyu the Chevrolet colt designer said when he went to apply for work at Chevrolet the didn't ask what he graduated with, the just asked what can you design?.

I think the earlier we remove this 1st class mentality the better for us, instead it should be what can you offer.

Dino isn't he doing better than most senators in the house?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
Seun is an alumnus of OAU please.

Cc jarus
He didn't graduate
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Kfed4ril(m): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

Congrats on employing a graduate as a driver. However you are missing the point. You employing a first class as a driver does not make you a suitable candidate for president.

Doesn't that make the 1st class driver a suitable candidate for president?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by patonyx1: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
You're very right.

Not all 3rd class are dullards.

Kondomatic:
A very dumb question.

Some companies employ "brain" not school cert. Some 3rd class holders have some managerial qualities that many people that graduated with first class do not posses. These are people that move the world not those that put all their hopes on their CV.

I am not promoting dumbness but you should know that there are smart people that ended up with 3rd class due to unforeseen circumstances.

Their cert do not define them
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by deolumike(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Doriana2:

You still don't get it. Successfully running a country is not related to how wealthy you may have become. Wealth can be acquired through unscrupulous means. Your mental ability to process information, proffer solutions to problems and apply them decisively is important.
Turn around. Show your face. Don't be shy.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Marcelo290(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
OP, I perfectly understood where u were going to even before u landed. while I would partially accept your assertions, I want to also bring to your notice that leadership is a characteristic feature which one can be born with.

If u are very observant, u would notice some people who never went to school, buh the way they talk and reason would make u question the source of their intelligence. so u see, your hypothesis/theory Is faulted...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"The Will" Final Election Projection: Do You Agree? / Danladi Umar: Shameful Statement By CCT Chairman On Banex Plaza Fracas - PM News / Banky W Opens Gofundme Campaign Of $100,000 For His Political Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.