Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (30422 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / I Graduated With Third Class And I Stand With Dino Melaye(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by blackboy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
First Bank that lost millions years back which would have collapsed smaller banks. The way Dino handled SR many other politicians like Kaduna governor would not have fought so hard. Both had cases with the media but Dino handled his better. That is a 3Rd class grad vs a 1St class grad. How many politicians have stood up to SR with facts against their black mailing crappy news reports? Having a degree in Nigeria is not easy after getting it show the people you are no fluke. Some 2.1 can't even defend their cert not to mention some grads.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Nasa28(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Anyway, OP, Pls I hope you're educated, probably with a 1st class.....

But I don't think the argument you put up portrays the fact that you're educated.

Why talk about the class of degree when SSCE (waec and the likes) is enough for you to contest for any political position in Nigeria.....

Education should have thought you that you count one before counting 2. No insult intended my lady

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Jabioro: 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
I disagreed with you with full fledged of agbada.. Dino can occupy any political position, he is well qualified but the bone of contention is forgery.. even you have school leaving certificate to present is not my problem.. but if you present what you are not..many had make it without first, second, third class Bsc and whatever we can call it.. we have many dropsout that have turned the world around to a better place.. but forgery is a grievances offence ,a slap on entire educational circle, national embarrassment therefore whoever committed such needed to be booted out.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Thanos(m): 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. Theable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
You my friend are a useless,myopic,stupendously retarded individual for this load of bladderdash you typed up there. Anofia

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Idoko619(m): 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
I know 3rd class graduates that make in a week what many bank managers earn in a month.

Mediocre
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by akoko11: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
EVarn:
What does 3 pointer mean?
It simply means her cgpa is between 3.00 to 3.99 over 5.
Do u understand now?
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by holysainbj(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
OP your post is just so useless and reeks of ego and inhumanity

there students with PASS who are better leaders than first class ones....
i wonder how una dey take think atimes
and you even went ahead to say that GEJ was a mediocre leader....like whats wrong with ur brain? ngwanu look at u that came out with 2.1...look at ur nonsensical reasoning. Take this useless post down

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by nextstep(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
Toscoas2:

Wikipedia is your friend!
Born-Aliko Dangote
10 April 1957 (age 59)
Kano, Kano State, Nigeria
Nationality-Nigerian
Citizenship-Nigerian (1957–present)
Education-Business Studies
Alma mater-Al-Azhar University, Cairo.
Do you know when he obtained dt University education. this girl knows nothing. you jst part of slaying generation.

And how many of our leaders have attained his heights? You're using the example of one exceptional person to prove a fallacy. For example, Bill Gates and Mark Z. dropped out of college to concentrate on their companies. Yet Microsoft and Facebook hire the best college graduates. I don't even think they'd look at your resume if you were 3rd class. How many college dropouts does Google have? How many 3rd class graduates does Dangote hire for critical and high-level operations? Why is that?

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by osayuwamwen(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
a time will come were the poor will begin to eat the rich in Nigeria.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by SalamRushdie: 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Idoko619:

Masters frm Harvard and London school of economics ryt?..... One of APC robot.

From the same ABU
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Raziii(m): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
And same Zuma outperformed his predecessor Thabo Be kind who is a man with more than one degree.

Can you compare the performance of former Kogi state Governor Ibrahim Idris with his successors Idris Wada and Yahaya Bello combined?

Again, you have NO valid point....

BTW Seun Osewa is a "drop out" but can you compare the height he has reached with most of these PHD holders? Will you say he is unfit to hold leadership position?

Like I said, leadership is not a function of educational accomplishment...
Mr Tonye, name one country that has transformed from a third world country to a leading force that didn't make educational accomplishment one of its core leadership attribute. Name just one.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by akoko11: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
Nasa28:
Anyway, OP, Pls I hope you're educated, probably with a 1st class.....

But I don't think the argument you put up portrays the fact that you're educated.

Why talk about the class of degree when SSCE (waec and the likes) is enough for you to contest for any political position in Nigeria.....

Education should have thought you that you count one before counting 2. No insult intended my lady

Then the constitution needs to be amended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Humility017(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

I think the first bank example will answer your question. If you were the owner of First Bank, will you employ a 3rd class holder as CEO?
OP..
common sense should teach u that academic prowess only does not make a leader ..character is a unique and important factor...from your replies on comments here it shows u lack this too...because there are no element of politeness in your reply...
many of this politicians are where they're today as a result of hardwork, many took risk the so called intellectuals won't have think of let alone engage in..

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Idoko619(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
@OP are u expecting 3rd class graduate to support ur post...smh
Today I now knw hw many 3rd class nd pass certificate we v on NL

Mediocre na bad tin o
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by IAmAmbrose(m): 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
What's wrong with this Person

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by sinisters(m): 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/ey-firm-says-it-will-not-longer-consider-degrees-or-a-level-results-when-assessing-employees-10436355.html

Educate the underage ignorant op.......

Your grade euphoria stops by the gate of your school..

Life has a different set of rules..

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Abaski9: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
Kondomatic:
A very dumb question.

Some companies employ "brain" not school cert. Some 3rd class holders have some managerial qualities that many people that graduated with first class do not posses. These are people that move the world not those that put all their hopes on their CV.

I am not promoting dumbness but you should know that there are smart people that ended up with 3rd class due to unforeseen circumstances.

Their cert do not define them
where be ur location? One create of cold Heineken for you.
U got brain than balls
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Omoluabi16(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Just anybody.. just anybody with the interests of the masses at heart should rule us. Our governors, most of them are Bsc holders. What have they really done to better the life of the average nigerian? I want a honest and detribalized Nigerian as my leader. These virtues are not gotten with 1st or 3rd class. Let us not misplace our priority.

6 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Brightology2(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:
The ambiguities involving Dino Melaye's certificate scandal has overwhelmed Nigeria's news space. The pertinent reality that only few people talk about is: Either a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria did not graduate from a university or he graduated with an abysmal grade. It is now clear that a major part of Nigeria's  problem is the high number of uneducated and underqualified leaders occupying important political positions. This is unfortunately accompained with a populace that does not seem to care.‎ 
There was a recent thread of a proud third class civil engr Uniben graduate. While we admire the young man's courage to accept his subpar performance in school, we detest the idea that third class graduates should be allowed to occupy sensitive political postions. Nigerians have to realize that: ONLY excellent and qualified employers can make an organization excellent. Political positions should be treated as an important job vacancy and elections should be seen as a serious job interview.  It is because Nigerians don't pay attention to the qualities presented by 'prospective job applicants' and majorly look at tribe, religion or 'Number of Rice Bags shared' that we are in this mess of a country.
Unintelligent people would reply by saying 'Many People with 2nd class and 1st class are not as rich as some with 3rd class? They go on to proffer as an example, a detestable and morally reprehensible creature like Dino Melaye. The obvious answer is 'the ineffectual and unqualified political office holders are the cause of the failed experiment called Nigeria. The high rates of unemployment and wealth inequality are due to exactly leaders of such groups.

Another class of mentally myopic individuals would cite an example like Goodluck Jonathan, who was a PHD holder but was also mediocre as a leader.‎
The not so obvious ‎answer to this comes in the form of a parable: 'Lack of good tomatoes does not mean we should cook stew with sand'. The fact that GEJ was terrible should spur us on to properly screen our leaders (plus political parties) and request for even better qualities. We should not make the mistake again ‎of selecting someone bad just because average did not work out. 
A country of 180 million people demands someone intelligent and capable to run it. Lives and futures are literally at stake. We should not take the posts of the president and senators as a testing ground for failures in school. A successful organization like first bank will not employ a third class graduate as CEO so why should NIGERIANS accept third class graduates (or complete illiterates) as senators?
permit me to call you a big fool . does mr president has anything called certificate? Dundee like you. Mitchew
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by od501: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
dt u went to school doesn't make you educated . Naija pple wake up from this certificate fever! d world is changing.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Idoko619(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:

From the same ABU
Only time will tell if dats genuie

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by moblix: 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Alma mater-Al-Azhar University, Cairo.[/quote]
B4 d school dangote was already a successful business man.check d year
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by akoko11: 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Thanos:

You my friend are a useless,myopic,stupendously retarded individual for this load of bladderdash you typed up there. Anofia

Sorry o, if it pains u.

In other news, Nigerian govt should give us fiscal federalism or Niger Delta Republic
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by nextstep(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

The grade one gets from the university doesn't define ones professional life. The president of Ghana graduated with a third class and before he became president he was one of the best lawyers in his country so go figure.

This is very true. But I hope you'll agree that the chances of civil engineers building a good bridge are higher if they all understood their schoolwork.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Saao(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

Exactly my point. We should have never voted a School Cert holder as president. Doing that caused the economic crisis we are enmeshed in.
we are not even sure of the school cert.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by sorextee(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
This Op is a fool.. Dont care which gender....
Thank God this hold no water... undecided
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Raziii:
Mr Tonye, name one country that has transformed from a third world country to a leading force that didn't make educational accomplishment one of its core leadership attribute. Name just one.
No serious country in the world make Educational accomplishment as a core leadership attribute... GO AND CHECK...

they are after what YOU HAVE to offer whether you are PHD holder or a Grade 1 dropout...

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Idoko619(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
od501:
dt u went to school doesn't make you educated . Naija pple wake up from this certificate fever! d world is changing.

Anoda 3rd class or pass cert sighted.... U ppl shld keep showing ursef
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by hedonistic: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
I agree, and it's not because of Melaye and his travails.
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Chidonc(m): 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Doriana2:

You still don't get it. Successfully running a country is not related to how wealthy you may have become. Wealth can be acquired through unscrupulous means. Your mental ability to process information, proffer solutions to problems and apply them decisively is important.
back in our days at uj, my roomie graduated with a 3rd class but was the most respected guy in his set, all his friends came out with 2.1, guess what, he taught them all, our room was the save heaven they do run to during exams period. Every body has a story, if you should judge a fish inability to walk on land, you will end up making it feel stupid for the rest of it life. my point is that not all 3rd class are born out of unseriousness on the part of the student.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by Awaye20(m): 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
First class chemistry graduate who can not even invent ordinary ANOINTING OIL........... op u still dey learn pls try and attend leadership training
Re: Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts by nextstep(m): 10:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
od501:

Try applying to Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft without a degree, and watch your resume get dropped like a hot potato. It's a nice story, and we even have examples of people succeeding without a degree... still I'd rather have somebody who understands theory to be in charge of practicals

"Hi, I'm your doctor in charge of your surgery today. I studied accounting, 3rd class, but don't worry, I'm not one of those certificate fever people"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. / PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Gimba Kakanda Accusing Wike Of Demolishing Mosque In False Tweets, Gets Blasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.