Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:07 AM

HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? (10386 Views)

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by achieverme(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Aliyeous:
Really nid 2 talk 2 ha. Mek ha undastnd n cum dwn 2 ur level. She nids 2 appreciate ur efforts

Forget. She can't . She is a helplessly spoilt brat
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by achieverme(m): 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
Plankton2017:
she would be 25 this year

She is still acting like a kid bro.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 01, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day all,

I am a young dude who just did his traditional wedding. I have been having issues with my wife lately. She always nags at the highest pitch of her voice during simple arguments. I provide for the family the best way i can but she never appreciates me. She moved from her fathers mansion in Ikoyi Lagos to stay with me here on d mainland. She always complains how she misses life in Lekki and all that.

Is the traditional marriage no longer a marriage or is it that we only recognize oyibo culture? Sir you are married. You can leave your marriage or you can stay. Those are your only choices. The problem is you pursued a woman out of your league. You cannot provide her with the lifestyle of which she has become accustomed. Be prepared for misery because your new name will be USELESS MAN. By the time she bears 3 children, she will go back to her father's home or a home her father purchases for her and her kids. The courts won't listen to you because you have no money in comparison to her family. As she watches her friends enjoy their big lives in Lekki, she will grow resentful of you and place more demands on you, which you will not be able to meet. Don't think you can raise your hand to a rich man's daughter, lest you want to be jailed. When she sees her friends on social media driving luxury cars and living in a new duplex, she will cry at the sight of you.

But there is HOPE. If you continue on with the marriage, ask the father about job opportunities near him. He may even hire you. With the new job you can relocate, your wife can be around her friends and family, and she will be able to brag on social media about her successful life. If you can't do this, I honestly feel sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by orbis(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2017
Dude you have to tell her the plain truth. Tell her its your marriage too and if she aint comfy she can as well as park aside and wait for another man...
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
It's the same one who is still complaining on the other thread. undecided

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by bezimo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
You dumped an understanding girl because of your parents tribalistic opinion and took on a girl with zero respect for you whose family and her undermines and ride on you at will
You are the cause of your challenge 100%. So carry your cross and continue bearing the excesses because I don't see her or her family behavior getting better.

Besides are you are a boy or a man who cannot decide for himself. Is it your parents that would live with you that they will be deciding wife for you.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by tonero230(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
Does she relate well with your parents bro? You need a woman that will help your dream come true .She is being influenced and has not really known the nitty gritty of life.Her type cannot fathom why someone should be poor.You should have seen this coming nag.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by coputa(m): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2017
Bobo,you are standing on a keg of gun powder that will soon explode and renders your promising life miserable.You are already a Mr. nobody before this proud girl and her family.If you really cares for your happy future take the bold step to concel the black sorry white wedding and refund the bride price immediately and then move on with your life.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by yvesboss(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
OP...If convenient for you...can you tell us the feedback...are yu now married...did she promised to change??...let us know please
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
Guy RUN!!!!
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
Good day all,

I am a young dude who just did his traditional wedding. I have been having issues with my wife lately. She always nags at the highest pitch of her voice during simple arguments. I provide for the family the best way i can but she never appreciates me. She moved from her fathers mansion in Ikoyi Lagos to stay with me here on d mainland. She always complains how she misses life in Lekki and all that.

Now we are about to start white wedding plans. she never feels am correct. I have a certain budget for things but feel its not standard and its too local.She picks high end stuff from wedding gown to decoration that i and my family cant really afford and this turns to arguments. She once told me that am i so poor? My brethen I do business and my budget for my wedding is 1.5m i stay in a comfortable 2 bed that i pay 800k. I drive a muscle still im not good enuf. My family and I picked a venue for the wedding but she and her family declined that the place is too local. My church hall on d island that agreed for us to pay 300k, now her father wants to pay for a hal in VI thats 2million. She has now been singing it to my ears that her father is doing the wedding so how am i contributing. This pains me a lot. she is always on instagram and shows me people that have benz or expensive diamond which she knows i cant afford. I always tell her not to compare lives with people on IG most of them are fake.

I have been thinking can i continue like this?We argue all the time and wishes we stayed in Lekki. Please folks I was my self before I proposed I didnt Lie or fake anything. Guys am i not good enough??I miss my ex that understood me but wasnt from my tribe and i was not given parental blessings to marry her. Please advice me cos im a very unhappy should I go on with my white wedding? Please advice. sorry for my blunders

Call it off.Do not go through with it.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
TheeDetective:
Why are you allowing a woman to ride all over you like this? I really pity you; as this kin woman nah to handle her with iron hand na em fit am. She currently sees you as second best and since the rich men in her class refused to marry her, she decided to hook an average guy so that the title MRS won’t leave her behind seeing that she’s getting old. Put your foot down NOW otherwise you will regret marrying her as she’s the one already wearing the trousers in your relationship. Anytime she ever compares you again to any other rich man, simply give her the choice to go be with them. Make you no play the mumu card in this your case o other wise nah sorry go be your name.
She is going to 25. Getting old at 25?
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ishilove:

What were those attributes that made you love her enough to marry her?

Bro forget all these white wedding nonsense. You're already a married man in the eyes of God and man. Stopping the church wedding will not make her stop being your wife
Hmmm. Dis matter strong o. If na my brother be this young man, wetin i go tell am to do? Dis man go die before time.

This marriage will definitely end in a very bad taste. that girl will leave him, or she will be 85% in Lekki and the remaining time giving him issues.

For me? End it now.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Anas09:

Hmmm. Dis matter strong o. If na my brother be this young man, wetin i go tell am to do? Dis man go die before time.

This marriage will definitely end in a very bad taste. that girl will leave him, or she will be 85% in Lekki and the remaining time giving him issues.

For me? End it now.
The guy don deactivate sef
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ishilove:

The guy don deactivate sef
Maybe him madam read weytin him post here, report to her papa, her papa threaten am.

Poor boy.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Anas09:

Maybe him madam read weytin him post here, report to her papa, her papa threaten am.

Poor boy.

Abi o LMAO. I for don run since
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Pipedreams:

Abi o LMAO. I for don run since
Funny world we live in. Good guys always ending up with bad girls and good girls ending with bad guys.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Ishilove: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
Anas09:

Poor boy.
I don't pity people like him. You see all the warning signs but still plunge in because you think they will 'change'
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Blackfire(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2018
Anas09:

Funny world we live in. Good guys always ending up with bad girls and good girls ending with bad guys.

Story of my life.

Happy sunday.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by uzicuzy(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2018
Bro I hardly comment on dis forum but u kinda brought out the kink in me...look bro marriage is based on 90 percent love..all other variables take the rest...love alone should mke her compromise 2 ur level or better said the level u guys both set as a standard...born n brought up in lag..frm ur write up u guys're fairly comfortable...have a talk wiv her..tell her ur honest fears..open up now or jst take a chill pill...trust me cos u'll jst be postng the D day...talk 2 her bro...
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
Blackfire:

Story of my life.
Happy sunday.
Happy Sunday dearest.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ishilove:

I don't pity people like him. You see all the warning signs but still plunge in because you think they will 'change'
Ishi, have you ever fallen in love before?
Do you know why it is referred to as 'FALLING in love? can someone who has fallen have his senses right?
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Ishilove: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
Anas09:

Ishi, have you ever fallen in love before?
Do you know why it is referred to as 'FALLING in love? can someone who has fallen have his senses right?
Yes my sister, I have, but I didn't love blindly
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ishilove:
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ishilove:

Hmmm. Falling in love is likened to a football player in the pitch. He commits fouls before realizing it. But, you the spectator sees and shouts out, 'oooo he shouldn't have done this or, he shd have done that'.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Blackfire(m): 11:33am On Apr 24, 2018
Anas09:

Happy Sunday dearest.

Can we start all over again....

I know alot of things must have happened between us,during the months of silence.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by tunjilana: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2018
Let me start with this, you have a wrong understanding of a woman's worth... Her character is horrible, if she was some normal girl with this attitude I am sure you must have left her. Also note that her father's money is not her money and the fact that her father can live that lifestyle doesn't mean she can. Can she afford the life she seek on her own, with her own money, if it is a yes then she deserves to demand her man lives up to that and even at that in a subtle way.

If her father cannot bestow on her what it takes to live the so called lifestyle on her own (e.g. get her a job or start her up on a business that can fund the so called lifestyle) then she is just another liability, begin to see her as such and treat her as such(This will help you be a man).

Charity begins at home they say, if her father could not empower her to the point she can live the life she seeks with you on her own then she doesnt deserve to make you kill yourself to service a life she was introduced to by her parent but not empowered to sustain by herself.

Your valuation of her should be based on what she can afford and not what her parents have, you are far better off than her...An ambitious working lady from a moderate home is far more an asset than the liability you want to run into.

Be firm or let her go.... She will keep demanding for this life from you but will never be willing to work with you to achieve that life.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Anas09: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Blackfire:

Can we start all over again....

I know alot of things must have happened between us,during the months of silence.
You can PM.
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Blackfire(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
Anas09:

You can PM.

I know
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Aplaudez(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
Na wah o.

But you're married already na.

Better let your wife understand clearly now, and let her face reality that all that comparisons, kolewerk.

Abeg, didn't she know your level when you were dating? Infact, tell them you're not ready for any white wedding yet.
Let them give you a couple of years to buy a house in Lekki.
There's no point wasting more money doing an elaborate church wedding on a marriage that's dead on arrival.
Just make do with your traditional jeje, and do some "watchful waiting" as things pan out.
They aren't married bro, it's a mere engagement, Mr writer I'll advice you never to proceed with that marriage, marriage isn't for the main time, it's a life contract, please man, think twice!
Re: HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 25, 2018
tunjilana:
Let me start with this, you have a wrong understanding of a woman's worth... Her character is horrible, if she was some normal girl with this attitude I am sure you must have left her. Also note that her father's money is not her money and the fact that her father can live that lifestyle doesn't mean she can. Can she afford the life she seek on her own, with her own money, if it is a yes then she deserves to demand her man lives up to that and even at that in a subtle way.

If her father cannot bestow on her what it takes to live the so called lifestyle on her own (e.g. get her a job or start her up on a business that can fund the so called lifestyle) then she is just another liability, begin to see her as such and treat her as such(This will help you be a man).

Charity begins at home they say, if her father could not empower her to the point she can live the life she seeks with you on her own then she doesnt deserve to make you kill yourself to service a life she was introduced to by her parent but not empowered to sustain by herself.

Your valuation of her should be based on what she can afford and not what her parents have, you are far better off than her...An ambitious working lady from a moderate home is far more an asset than the liability you want to run into.

Be firm or let her go.... She will keep demanding for this life from you but will never be willing to work with you to achieve that life.

Brother you are too wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife's Mid-life Crises? / Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.