Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,805 members, 7,798,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great (1035 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / Malabu Scandal: Why We Must Question Jonathan – Reps / Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 29, 2017
The sinking of MV Sewol on 16 April 2014 in South Korea opened my eyes to the responsibilities of public office holder in a sane clime. On 27 April, Jung Hong-won, the prime minister of South Korea, accepted responsibility and announced his resignation.

How about the Brexit of 2016 when the then British Prime Minister; David Cameron also resigned due to the perceived perplexity that he thought might follow suit? The gentleman wants history to smile at him, he want to protect his name thus not wanting to drag it in the mud due to what he feel might be the downfall of the United Kingdom.

During the shame Nigeria immigration recruitment, the then Interior minister (Aba Moro) was asked to resign from all quarters most especially the then opposition party but he hung on to the post where he failed woefully like his actuality depends on it, even if it does, I think he should consider the life of thousands of Nigerians that was and will be at stake by him remaining in that office but no, he never cared. It shouldn’t surprise you the support he got from the large percentage of youths tagging it “witch-hunt” by the opposition.

We shouldn’t forget the Stella Oduah’s bullet prove BMW scandal where it almost took the intervention of international communities before she unwillingly resigned, she’s now a sitting senator in this country.

The British that forcefully merged Nigeria should be organizing a second referendum as Scotland is planning independence from Britain. When the eastern part of Nigeria tried it, wasn’t it tagged “treason”. I feel the underground ruler (The West) benefiting from the unstable corrupt governance in Nigeria will never let that see the light of the day as only a nation of people can have a stable government with the interest of people at heart.

Flash back to per colonial era where the slave masters initially stayed at the coast and never foot the interior but got their supplies from the African merchants who will set his neighbor’s house on fire at night and watch his fellow human howl and dashing out while he capture the helpless and defenseless human to sell into slavery for a bottle of schnapps, umbrella, mirror, mud houses (then mansion) and other “then” valuable items.

This slave trade led to the collapse of Old Oyo Empire, what happened? They sold all their hefty men into slavery and when they were attacked by the Dahomey Amazons (Female warriors) and The Fulani from Ilorin, there was nobody to defend the then strong empire.
How about the 250 African soldiers that invaded Benin during the massacre?

How the merchants and their chain of supporters did defend the slave trade back then;
“They are taking them to the New World to enjoy what the whites are enjoying” and they wouldn’t sell their own children to slavery.

It should be noted that the British did not abolish the trade in slave because they have human feelings or are compassionate; it was basically due to the 1760 industrial revolution as they noticed a machine can actually do the work of hundred slaves.

Have you for once thought the Wests are interested in fighting corruption in third worlds?
What has been the role of the multinational corporations in the fight against corruption?

The less qualified always get the leadership position in Nigeria, why?

Since no public office holder can have bank account in foreign countries, how are these public office holders starching money abroad?

Why do multinational corporations have someone who is a politician close ally as their board chairman?

Most times when someone just become rich overnight and decides to contest for a public office, do you ask yourself who’s financing the election?

Why are the legislators not interested in making laws that will stop slave labour in Nigeria by the multinationals?

Why are the police always defending and protecting the multinationals against the citizens whose tax are used to pay them?

So many questions begging for answers but right thinking Nigerians know the answers and not the larger percentage of Nigeria’s present day youths.

https://www.nairaland.com/3092561/dino-melaye-blocked-him-twitter

Dino Melaye’s certificate’s scandal breaks my heart most especially when I see unemployed/underemployed starving oppressed Nigerian graduates supporting a controversial third class graduate with 3 O’Level passes.

Here is a man who lied that he bagged degrees from foreign institutions which both institutions waned not regarding the office he is holding in Nigeria.

Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University got estacode to confirm the lawmaker actually graduated from the said institution when he could have sent an email to the senate president attaching his academic transcript. One would have thought they should invite the vice chancellor of Harvard and the director of London School of Economics to verify if he actually bagged degrees there. Here are our youths who shouldn’t be given the opportunity to rule a room celebrating his victorious mediocre success over Sahara Reporters not knowing it is a victory against their future.

In Oyo State, a bridge leading to the governor’s office is only accessible by him and his cohort, never heard about the unbelievable barbaric act till I went there to see for myself. Are they complaining or have they ever complained about it? Do they know the bridge they dare not access is constructed with their taxes? Very soon in Nigeria, separate roads will be constructed accessible only by the political class and we’ll still see people most especially youths defend the indefensible; yes that’s how bad it has gotten.

The present day Oyo State governor once addressed the gathering of pensioner asking them why most of them are not dead yet that the government can’t afford to pay them all. Who is complaining or talking about the inhuman speech or who is proposing to move a motion to impeach him? Nobody! That’s how timid most are in this country.

This Dino Melaye case thought me so many things about this country and her youths.
1. Never feel for them, they are comfortable with the way things are

2. When issues are raised against politicians, they claim it’s slush campaign or political witch-hunt by his opposition.

3. Neither them nor the political class they support know what governance is all about.

4. Drilling borehole, distributing hair clippers and sewing machines, sharing bags or rice etc. for empowerment purpose is what they believe the work of a legislator should be.

5. They believe once you support political office holders, they’ll get noticed and he or she will give them crumbs which will sustain them for few months before they go begging for some more.

6. You don’t go against people from their tribe or practicing the same religion with them no matter their offence, it is tagged “witch-hunt”

Relating the pre-colonial era to this present day Nigeria, then I noticed our problem did not start today but has always been there and might always be because we have 21st century youths with 14th century reasoning.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 29, 2017
CC: OAM4J, Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by ProudBornoBoy(m): 1:13am On Mar 29, 2017
anything
anything
anything
. I repeat
.this is Nigeria
any thing can happen

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by CoolFreeday(m): 1:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Great piece. I always say it, we the youth, we are our own problem

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by agabusta: 1:50am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice write-up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by DonLo: 2:15am On Mar 29, 2017
Tell them. The thinking of the Nigerian youth is skewed. E weak me seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by kabayomi(m): 2:16am On Mar 29, 2017
President of Korea impeached
Owner of Samsung arrested

Allegations ='> Investigation => Prosecution

But here in Nigeria nothing like that

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by hisgrace090: 4:50am On Mar 29, 2017
Nigeria is messed up, fully.
We are failing almost in all area.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by TPAND(f): 5:02am On Mar 29, 2017
Chaiiii first class on a rebel rampage.
grin

Leave Dino he is better than many carry first class certificates in the upper chamber.
Certificate doesn't determine a man's altitude but his willpower does.

Ironically students with first class have a brilliantly abysmal willpower. The always think everything must come to them because they made good grades in school but life ain't having that
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2017
@op, u re very correct.
I ve been painfully repetitive about the prevalent low IQ amongst Nigerians especially our youth. They re soooooooooooooo dull they can't even see beyond their noses.
I also think that this prevalent low IQ is responsible for high level of unemployment in the Country. Who wants to employ a dull man? The reality is that many Nigerians er unemployable, even graduates. They lack discernment and critical thinking ability. they jus too dull.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by sureteeboy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
thisisayus:
CC: OAM4J, Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by sureteeboy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
I wonder why this thread didn't make front page, despite the fact that countless BBNaija thread has made it this week alone.
2 years ago while I was to write an article on "The role of youths in achieving the Nigerian dream", I came across similar articles online while researching and they totally changed my orientation and perception about issues related to this. It's a great shame that Nigerian youths would rather lament than act, while been continually used as pawns by the greedy and corrupt minority that makes up the ruling class. The money Nigerian youths have spent on voting in the BBNaija show is more than enough to lead an uprising in this country.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Great piece
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal: Why Nigeria May Never Be Great by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
Unfortunately, you're preaching to the choir.

Some youths are so stupid and proud of it that they'll immediately reject whatever you say..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

N2.1bn Contract Fraud: EFCC Probes Senator Nwaoboshi, Brother / Chibok Girls: What Is Not Missing Cannot Be Found, Says Fayose / Biafra: A Painful Chapter In Nigeria's History. Paris News24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.