Stats: 3,147,945 members, 7,799,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic (3529 Views)

5 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host Company / 5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Should Stop Doing / Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Traffic is what every blogger craves for and you can never really get enough of it. Here are a few things you should understand that'll help you boost your traffic .

1.Size Of Audience- A lot of popular blogs have a total market size of at least 5 million people. While the top 100 blogs usually have a total market size of 200 million or more. That's not how many readers they have, that's how many readers they could have if everyone with an interest in the topic they write about read their blog. So there's always space for a new blog to get some part of the audience.

2. Age Target - The many readers are usually between the ages of 17 and 50. If you’re targeting an audience younger or older than that window, it’s almost impossible to build a popular blog, simply because the people in this age range hardly like reading blogs.

3. Content Longevity - Many blogs publish posts on an ongoing basis so you'll need an audience that has an ongoing interest. Topics about smartphones or social media changes all the time, so people will want to read about it forever. Some topics only interest people for a few months or even weeks .

4. Language Of The Blog - I like the fact that a few blogs are trying to be in a language other than English but In general, blogging is mostly confined to the English language. Although, it’s totally possible to build a popular blog in German or Portuguese, but the traffic techniques will be totally different, and it will be extremely difficult.

5. Love Your Audience - You need to like the audience. Surprisingly, this is the number one reason a blog fades away following a period of rapid growth. After attracting a small audience, you discover that you can’t stand them, and you stop writing because it’s not fun anymore. The moral of the story: make sure you like the people you are trying to attract because you’ll be hanging out with them for years to come.

Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by IMASTEX: 7:14am On Mar 29, 2017
Good one
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Bigajeff(m): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2017
OK now,We don hear
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2017
Nigeria bloggers only know how to carry fake news and copy and paste. No bleeps given. Money must enter.
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by alfredo4u(m): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice one

Let's me use this medium to advice all graduate of any institutes to pls keep their certificate safe to avoid what happened to Dino Melaye.

As for we Abusite, we no dey carry last......an Abu graduate is ahead of you naturally.
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by emmanuel596(m): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2017
Very educative thanks
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by ItalianWine(f): 7:15am On Mar 29, 2017
Okay...
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by breadtom: 7:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by kateskitty(f): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2017
Number 6.
Always talking about blogging to promote your own blog
Sense man undecided
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Donprayer(m): 7:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Why not just open a company of how to blog. Everyday blog blog blog

Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by chuksjuve(m): 7:20am On Mar 29, 2017
nice one...brilliant write up
You people should also refrain from spreading lies to gain traffic too. .......just an advice The hustle is real
in the meantime.. contact us for your landscaping, horticulture and beautification services.. we add value to your real estate project

Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Heromaniaa: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by LVMedia: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by olola4(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
noted
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Heromaniaa: 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Read funny Nigerian stories on my blog or you can click my signature to read it on Nairaland. The stories are so funny you'd pee in your pants just reading it. No copy and paste, simply original.
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Moving4: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by daamazing(m): 7:33am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:
Nigeria bloggers only know how to carry fake news and copy and paste. No bleeps given. Money must enter.
I'll keep on repeating this, Do not categorise all bloggers in Nigeria as copy and paste bloggers. . It's painful.
Techredirector.com
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by deturla: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Traffic is what every blogger craves for and you can never really get enough of it. Here are a few things you should understand that'll help you boost your traffic .

1.Size Of Audience- A lot of popular blogs have a total market size of at least 5 million people. While the top 100 blogs usually have a total market size of 200 million or more. That's not how many readers they have, that's how many readers they could have if everyone with an interest in the topic they write about read their blog. So there's always space for a new blog to get some part of the audience.

2. Age Target - The many readers are usually between the ages of 17 and 50. If you’re targeting an audience younger or older than that window, it’s almost impossible to build a popular blog, simply because the people in this age range hardly like reading blogs.

3. Content Longevity - Many blogs publish posts on an ongoing basis so you'll need an audience that has an ongoing interest. Topics about smartphones or social media changes all the time, so people will want to read about it forever. Some topics only interest people for a few months or even weeks .

4. Language Of The Blog - I like the fact that a few blogs are trying to be in a language other than English but In general, blogging is mostly confined to the English language. Although, it’s totally possible to build a popular blog in German or Portuguese, but the traffic techniques will be totally different, and it will be extremely difficult.

5. Love Your Audience - You need to like the audience. Surprisingly, this is the number one reason a blog fades away following a period of rapid growth. After attracting a small audience, you discover that you can’t stand them, and you stop writing because it’s not fun anymore. The moral of the story: make sure you like the people you are trying to attract because you’ll be hanging out with them for years to come.

I have always liked your posts.

Very insightful.

deedeesblog.com
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by jeeqaa7(m): 7:45am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by eaglegist: 7:57am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice write up. kudos bro. start your blogging career by reading our posts on www.eaglegist.com/search/label/Blogging%20tips?m=1
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by MVLOX(m): 8:34am On Mar 29, 2017
We at sickreviwez..co.ke will seriously look at the points raised here..... Thank you op
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Big ups naijatechguy I love your works
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by SageTravels: 9:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Check my blog www.sagetravels.com
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 29, 2017
officer nice one....abeg check my new blog www.isabi.com.ng
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by bofow(m): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2017
I should start my own blog too

Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by Jpaul16(m): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2017
check out [url]naijagadgetory.[/url], and see which site is better. meanwhile, nice post
Re: 5 Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic by nicko28(f): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice write up, blog is not easy, it's time all ur time, u have to be patient and think outside what interesting you. Am in that journey now, I pray I don't give up, i am an inpatient person.

If You Are Killing Your Self To Impress People On Instagram - See The Owner / Where Do You Start From, To Become A Full Stack Developer?here Is My Experience / Get Acute Email Production Engine 10.3 Cracked Version Here