Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. (27050 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / "I Named My Granddaughter Chimamanda" Spanish Fan Tells Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Aribambam: 7:23am On Mar 29, 2017
d first post is gbagam. love it.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Codes151(m): 7:23am On Mar 29, 2017
I said it before and I say it again! Who ever is fucking this girl isn't doing it well!

3 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:
Gosh, Am sure 99% of those cementing have not read the book, how are we sure they would even buy the book? See them hyperventilating as if they even read her last book.
I will NEVER read her book. Never ever!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by martineverest(m): 7:24am On Mar 29, 2017
as if nigerians even read books.......useless people criticising what they wont buy

4 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Emycord: 7:26am On Mar 29, 2017
Haha until we see his book that is living on arrival nonsense ur following a small girl as ur mentor. And you never achieve anything in life yet you gat guts to try run her down. Well if she falls she will crash upon ur head cos it seems ur below her proudly republican
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
I like chimamanda for been bold, articulate, hardworking, intelligent etc. but there are ofcourse better writers from Nigeria and Africa because really, when it comes to success in today's world, alot of other factors come to play besides hardwork and diligence.

Chimamanda just happens to be at the right place, at the right time, talking about feminism. and I don't think she has feminism all figured out.

I feel like she's not a consistent writer and she has lost touch with why people loved her earlier books.

I hope she doesn't get carried away by the fame.

4 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by feldido(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Hypocrisy... Feminist outside and be most loyal wife inside. Et them not deceive u.

3 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by deebrain(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2017
The day women starts seizing the opportunity to shine and not waiting for men to give them the chance, I will start taking feminism seriously.

For now, it's a joke, covered in hypocrisy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2017
crunchyg:
This Chiwetalagu or Chimamanda I can see you have lost it all since you went to America, both your brain, culture etc but I no blame you shall, na ur parents I blame
mtcheeeeeeewww
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by curvilicious: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
I'm a female but don't subscribe to feminism at all

5 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by chuksjuve(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
Feminist been causing trouble to themselves from time immemorial...

I love those great women of the scripture..
they knew their place in the scheme of things, without making dramatic noise of gender whatever, hence did great things and their husbands respected them for it..

Not these Hollywood, African magic , Telemundo, slay queen brainwashed set of females of today..

meanwhile

we offer the best of landscape, horticulture and beautification service.
we simply add value to your real estate projects.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ngwababe(f): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2017
What is dead on arrival ?
What is ijeawale?
What is feminist?
What is chimamanda?

Make my bet enter self!
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Moving4: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Haba; Dats harsh o
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by femi4: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2017
olasarah:
The funny thing is, regardless of the entities and criticism, this book will still sell either ways!!!

P. S: Don't quote me!
Meanwhile

WATCH VIDEO OF LADIES CAUGHT IN CCTV STEALING GOODS IN THEIR PANTS
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ElSherriff: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2017
Feminism who invented that word? From ab initio, the woman has always been wired to have superior convincing powers than a man and a man superior muscles...with the introduction of sin in the world, man's punishment was to toil for his food, while a woman was to labour to bear children in pain. These punishments are fair on both sexes as far as I know and has seen man toil for food and family provision and women, labour...all responsible men fulfill this 'wiring' and therefore 'leave' their wives to their labour 'punishment'. But where the woman is involved in the toiling as much as the man, it then takes a wise man to understand the superiority of the woman in that context. There is no key or rule book to determine what makes a woman superior but common sense. If you place a woman properly 'superior' you win her over. She eventually becomes a 'slave' to the love you offer. Men have traits peculiar to men, and women traits peculiar to women, none can entirely assume the others and that is the foundation.

As for me, I believe my bae is superior, she is smarter than me, she is better looking, she earns as much as I do and a better christian. But in acting this way around her, I have her glued to me for life. I cant begin to tell how loyal and respectful she is to me.

Its in the mind men!

6 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2017
pussyAvenger:
I love the way this mumu writes .But her feminist stance just wanna make me slap her black mouth
can u say this to her face?

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2017
Feminism is a lazy way for women to evade their responsibility. Women are given preferential treatment in the society so I wonder where this foolishness come from. I have never been a fan of Chimamanda.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

3 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by crunchyg: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2017
SorayaLeticia:

mtcheeeeeeewww
Come Afonama or what ever you call yourself, what was that for
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:37am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Then you don't have the right to criticize her books.

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by curvilicious: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Never say never (in Jadah Pinket's voice
But bruv, why nw, u nd her dey qwarri?
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:

Then you don't have the right to criticize her books.
She writes nonsense. She's a slave in the mind.

3 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ExInferis(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Feminism is a satanic agenda. How can ishilove spend my money and not do the needful? Not gonna happen. If we embrace this nonsense... Men will prefer to have baby mamas ... A man also needs his freedom to rove and not be tied down to one nagging woman....

I concur.

Women should be women and men should be men.

"A man who loves like a woman thereby becomes a slave: a woman who loves like a woman thereby becomes the perfect woman"
--Nietszche.

3 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by UltraLeslie1: 7:42am On Mar 29, 2017
Chimamanda is the most foolish woman ever to be termed intelligent.

How could the biological composition of any living organism not be a chief factor in determining function and norms?

Foolish, ignorant woman.

5 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by metallisc(m): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2017
uncleabbey:
Lol. So because she want to sell her books, she shouldn't air her opinion? I thought everyone is entitled to their respective opinions. Why take it personal

don't mind people that have no understanding of what 'creative license' is all about. these days, every harry dick and theresa with access to social media is now an expert on topics they know nothing about... i can bet my left nut that most of the comments are coming from people that have not read any novel or literary work in the past ten years, not to talk of adichie's books and the very one she is promoting in particular! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

She writes nonsense. She's a slave in the mind.
Lol, Slave to what? She knows her audience, she has found her own niche and she is pandering to them. You don't expect her to write what will soothe your ego.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Michael Kalu said it all kiss

Lemme wait for our confused minds here. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 7:44am On Mar 29, 2017
curvilicious:

Never say never (in Jadah Pinket's voice
But bruv, why nw, u nd her dey qwarri?
I have read most of Soyinka's​ works
Elechi Amadi
All Shakespeare's​
All Achebe's except the last work
All Yoruba novels of note
All series existing in Hadley Chase
All Robert Ludlum's​
All grisham
All pacesetters​
Most mills and boon
Daniel Steel
Sidney Sheldon's
Mario Puzo
Cyprian Ekwensi
Fagbamigbe publishers
To mention the few I can remember...
Amanda is a slave in her mind...Reflected in her works.

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SmartchoicesNG: 7:46am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:

Lol, Slave to what? She knows her audience, she has found her own niche and she is pandering to them. You don't expect her to write what will soothe your ego.
She's capable of unleashing an unrestrained literary prowess but heck no! She'd rather pander like a dog

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by metallisc(m): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2017
Emycord:
Haha until we see his book that is living on arrival nonsense ur following a small girl as ur mentor. And you never achieve anything in life yet you gat guts to try run her down. Well if she falls she will crash upon ur head cos it seems ur below her proudly republican

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nedsnow(m): 7:47am On Mar 29, 2017
Sciencs:
a million likes for this.
I seriously love that guy's post. He said it all

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by coolsegun2002: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2017
Codes151:
I said it before and I say it again! Who ever is fucking this girl isn't doing it well!

Everything isn't about sexx....but this time I think I agree with you on this one..

5 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Emycord: 7:49am On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=metallisc post=55055224][/quote] was not talking to you! Keep off

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With Velvet Gloves. / Diary Of A Playboy (18+) / My Handsome Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.